Christian churches ‘must be made’ to affirm homosexuality

You couldn't kick your own ass must less destroy something much stronger than you.

You irked and irritated bro ?
a42.png

How ‘religious liberty’ has been used to justify racism, sexism and slavery throughout history
Using religion to deny people rights is an old routine that harms both the church and the state.

Then explain it. Do you think that they shouldn't be allowed to express their opinion?

I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their opinion...it's the opinion I have a problem with. You can't force acceptance. Hint: That's the crux of the article hence the wooosh

That is one person's opinion. Obviously that went right over your head.
It is clearly more than one person's opinion, otherwise it wouldnt appear in the Times. And it indicates what the Left is up to: nothing less than thought police and suppression of anything contrary to their beliefs.

So what you are saying is that any opinion contrary to your beliefs is an attempt to suppress your beliefs. Barry Goldwater was so right.

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a
terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting
in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."
One does not compromise with evil.

As I said, Goldwater was right. And so was Ron White. So I will just continue to move along pointing out the huge mistake my party has made in deciding to pander to the stupid in the hopes it finally comes to its senses. I'm optimistic.

You couldn't kick your own ass must less destroy something much stronger than you.

a42.png

How ‘religious liberty’ has been used to justify racism, sexism and slavery throughout history
Using religion to deny people rights is an old routine that harms both the church and the state.
Just for your information, it was democrats doing all of that justifying. Christians are against that sort of thing. Christians led the fight against racism. Democrats fought to keep it. Christians honor and love their wives. Christians were also fighting on the front lines to abolish slavery. What did the Democrats do? I'll give three guesses.

Just for your information, it was democrats doing all of that justifying. Christians are against that sort of thing. Christians led the fight against racism. Democrats fought to keep it. Christians honor and love their wives. Christians were also fighting on the front lines to abolish slavery. What did the Democrats do? I'll give three guesses.

The Democratic President signed the 1964 Civil Rights act and this turned the party of Lincoln into the party of Jefferson Davies Confederate trash...

we rejoice that today marks the Anniversary of the confederate scum surrendering...ON THIS DAY
On April 9, 1865, Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee surrendered his army to Union Gen. Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Court House in Virginia.

a42.png

Both sides of that issue were Christians.

Not even. A Christian is defined by their obedience to God's word and their love for their fellow man. Only one side did that. Can you guess which one?

Not even. A Christian is defined by their obedience to God's word and their love for their fellow man. Only one side did that. Can you guess which one?

Both sides were Christian. I don't judge people's religion. If you say you are a Christian I don't question it, even if you ignore all of Jesus' teachings.

Both sides were Christian. I don't judge people's religion. If you say you are a Christian I don't question it, even if you ignore all of Jesus' teachings.

You just did judge and question it. You judge when you say someone is ignoring Jesus' teachings. Interesting how those who say we shouldn't judge do it not realizing they are hypocrites when they do it.

You just did judge and question it. You judge when you say someone is ignoring Jesus' teachings. Interesting how those who say we shouldn't judge do it not realizing they are hypocrites when they do it.

I never said you shouldn't judge. Jesus said it. If you have a problem with that, you need to take it up with him.

Out of curiosity though, do you agree with Mr.Right that Robert E. Lee wasn't a Christian?

I never said you shouldn't judge. Jesus said it. If you have a problem with that, you need to take it up with him.

Out of curiosity though, do you agree with Mr.Right that Robert E. Lee wasn't a Christian?
Was he pro slavery?

You said, and I QUOTE, "I don't judge people's religion" then you go about judging someone's religion. My response was about you saying you didn't when you did hypocrite.

It's can't judge that about anyone. The most I can do is say this person does this based on observation and compare it to what the Bible says about it. Making a comparison isn't judging. What you ask me to do related to R.E. Lee is judge. You said you don't yet ask me to do that very thing.

Was he pro slavery?

He was pro States' rights. Do you know why Lee said he joined the Confederacy despite being offered command of the Union troops? Do you think Lincoln was anti-slavery? You might find through reading that Lee wasn't as pro slavery as people thing nor was Lincoln as anti-slavery as he is given credit for being. Both had similar views about preserving the Union.

You said, and I QUOTE, "I don't judge people's religion" then you go about judging someone's religion. My response was about you saying you didn't when you did hypocrite.

It's can't judge that about anyone. The most I can do is say this person does this based on observation and compare it to what the Bible says about it. Making a comparison isn't judging. What you ask me to do related to R.E. Lee is judge. You said you don't yet ask me to do that very thing.

That's right. I don't judge people's religion. If you say you are a Christian I am going to take you at your word. I am not going to say you aren't a Christian.

I asked if you agreed with him. I guess that's a question you don't want to answer. I understand.

Was he pro slavery?

Lee fought for south, which was pro-slavery. I believe he thought slavery should be abolished, but not so much he was unwilling to fight for the very society that wished it to continue. I believe it was you who said one does not compromise with evil - was it not?

Was he pro slavery?

Lee fought for south, which was pro-slavery. I believe he thought slavery should be abolished, but not so much he was unwilling to fight for the very society that wished it to continue. I believe it was you who said one does not compromise with evil - was it not?
Do you know WHY he fought for the south? You might want to study up on that.

Was he pro slavery?

He was pro States' rights. Do you know why Lee said he joined the Confederacy despite being offered command of the Union troops? Do you think Lincoln was anti-slavery? You might find through reading that Lee wasn't as pro slavery as people thing nor was Lincoln as anti-slavery as he is given credit for being. Both had similar views about preserving the Union.

I have already said both sides were Christian. I don't question Lee's Christianity nor Lincoln's. Mr.Right is doing that and you are arguing that I should not question it. So do I now take it that you are not agreeing with Mr.Right, or would that be too judgmental?

Was he pro slavery?

Yes. So that makes it ok to compromise with evil?

Was he pro slavery?

You didn't answer the question. Why did Lee fight for the south?

Was he pro slavery?

You didn't answer the question. Why did Lee fight for the south?

No, no. I am not going to allow a detour so you can wriggle out. You tell me why and then explain why that made it ok to compromise with evil? Why did he fight against the Christians?

Forum List

Back