Christian friends of gays and lesbians

I've always imagined Bodecea as a buff Rachel Maddow.

6a00d83451da3169e201053701e28b970c-200wi

I've followed the dialogue and what I've concluded is Immie is a bigot on the grounds he does not want gays to have the title "Marriage" because he sees that as wrong.

I agree he is generally a nice guy but that doesn't mean he isn't a bigot.

Oh isn't that swell of you. :doubt: He sees that as wrong? How?

He sees the legal terminology as threatening the separation of Church and State which is a legitimate concern for for all of us, not just BIGOTS.

That bigotry label implies intolerance toward gays and that is not true about Immie.

You seriously need to post a direct quote right here right now that justifies your labeling him a BIGOT for no reason.

I'll wait. :popcorn:

Last edited:
I've followed the dialogue and what I've concluded is Immie is a bigot on the grounds he does not want gays to have the title "Marriage" because he sees that as wrong.

He sees the legal terminology as threatening the separation of Church and State which is a legitimate concern for for all of us, not just BIGOTS.

That bigotry label implies intolerance toward gays and that is true about Immie.

You seriously need to post a direct quote right here right now that justifies your labeling him a BIGOT for no reason.

It's not threatening to the separation of church and state because marriage is not a religious institution. If it is a religious institution and since the State legally recognizes marriages that means the line you "fear" has already been crossed.

Doh!

(Marriage is not a religious institution.)

That bigotry label implies intolerance toward gays and that is true about Immie.

It's not threatening to the separation of church and state because marriage is not a religious institution. If it is a religious institution and since the State legally recognizes marriages that means the line you "fear" has already been crossed.

Doh!

I was actually arguing on the other side of that issue with Immie. D'oh! :lol:

I thought you read the thread?

Still doesn't make him a BIGOT now does it ?

Doh!

actually, as it stands right now, Marriage is BOTH a religious institution AND a civil one
the proposal is that it be confined to religion and keep the government out of it, and all legal matters currently contained in marriage be moved into civil union contracts that everyone can legally partake

Doh!

I was actually arguing on the other side of that issue with Immie. D'oh! :lol:

I thought you read the thread?

Still doesn't make him a BIGOT now does it ?

Ummm......if someone disagrees so deeply with a group correctly using a term simply because of gender then yes that qualifies as bigotry. He disagrees so much with the term gay marriage he is willing to force a superfluous legal nightmare of terminology and try to justify his position on the fear some gays are so evil they are using this as a means to an end to attack churches.

Even when kindly asked to prove his fear justified by citing two or three cases where any church has been forced to marry anyone he comes up with absolutely no examples and instead tries to use a photography business and a church owned pavillion that was rented to the public as his evidence. Not only did neither case force a church to marry anyone but neither example was about a fucking church. When people base objections on positions void of facts they are desperately seeking a way to legitimize their bigotry.

Doh!

actually, as it stands right now, Marriage is BOTH a religious institution AND a civil one
the proposal is that it be confined to religion and keep the government out of it, and all legal matters currently contained in marriage be moved into civil union contracts that everyone can legally partake

Thank you for affirming my claim marriage is not endemic to religion.

Seems to me being harsh to Immie is counter-productve. He is mistaken, but more likely to listen and learn if you're not busy calling him a bigot. Don't your friends ever make mistakes, CurveLight?

Forum List

Back