Christian friends of gays and lesbians

If... me choosing not to sin would stop LGBT from trying to say what they are doing is NOT a sin, and not try to bully those that disagree with them, it would be enough. To do that now, in today's society would require me to turn my back on my beliefs and the Lord's teaching. I would be like Lot in Sodom: ignore it and it will go away. That has been tried, it was not acceptable to the LBGT community. Many have infiltrated the schools and now want "children" (some starting with kindergarden) taught about homosexual sex. That is evil. I don't believe children should be taught about sex until they are emotionally mature to understand (that is an individual basis, usually when they start asking more detailed questions).

Pain is universal. These people that you claim "suffer" so much, do so, as a result of their life's choices. I can tell you that drug addicts and alcoholics suffer and go thru intense pain of their own. Like LGBT, they have a choice, their decisions will either punish the families or make them proud. Only through pain do we grow as humans.

I am not "judging" anyone (i choose to call evil, evil). I do not have that authority. I pray that when LGBTs are kneeling (as every person will) in front of the Lord on judgement day, that He will be merciful and forgiving of their sins (as I hope He will be for mine). The Lord is just, and we will be punished according to our sins (mine are just as bad as anyone else's) Pretending that an addict not controlling themselves is 'good', does not help anyone, just like pretending LBGT actions are 'good'. You seem to think the lifestyle is good. I think that it is deceptive. You seem to think encouraging others to join this lifestyle is acceptable; can you imagine what people would say if someone was teaching children that being an alcoholic is 'good'?

LBGT people have the same Bill of Rights that I have, it is their choices that limit them. They want the law changed to give them additional rights (they could marry either sex).

Activists homosexuals do scare me. They do not admit that what they are doing rips families apart. They do not admit to deceiving others in their quests for partners or to gain 'trust' in employment. They will not admit they support a lewd and perverse community. They will not control their public displays of lewdness. Why don't those that claim LGBT is so loving and honorable denounce these demonstrations of lewdness? Any of these hurt families, communities, and society as a whole; eventually, if not checked, the corruption will infiltrate all aspects of life. It will be equal misery for all, good job!

Sod and Gom had absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality but I am grateful for another example of ignorance and dishonesty from a bigot who preaches about God but lies. It's sad humor.

I am familiar with your 'version' of the story. Were the people of Sodom sinning? Were they corrupt and incorrigible in their pursuit of sin? Did they or did they not want to 'rape' (sin) against the visitors to Lot's home? The people of Sodom were insatiable sinners. Lot ignored their sins and tried to live his life peaceable (but lived in fear, behind walls, instead). They were destroyed because there was no good left, everyone, had been corrupted (Lot and his family were slightly less corrupted). The example of Sodom was deliberate because of your 'version'; it show that sin corrupts. It does not matter what the sin is. Homosexual acts are sinful. Therefore the act, corrupts.

That is what sin does, it corrupts. It starts small, and people are de-sensitized to the effects. Sin affects everyone it touches. If it is not fought, it grows, smaller sins become larger sins against more people. The great villians in history, never started by killing hundreds or thousands, that is where sin took them. It hurts, it is painful and it cannot be stopped without the grace of the Lord.

No they did not want to rape Lot's visitors and there is no proof of that in the narrative. I suppose you are hanging the bulk of your interpretation on the word "ya'da" and think that has an overt sexual meaning. It does not. Have you ever looked up its usage in the OT? It's used over 500 times and more than 96% of the time it had nothing to do with sex. "Ya'da" also meant to interrogate and/or punish so let's consider some basic facts.

There were men, women, and children that descended on Lot's house. Kind of hard to sell any homosexual agenda there.

There is no mention of sexual activity at all.

If homosexuality was the desire then Lot would have only enraged the crowd with the offer of his virgin daughters.

We are told in many places what the sins of S+G were and none of them mention homosexuality. Ie

New International Version (©1984)
"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."

How do you preach about studying scripture when you clearly write your own hollywood homosexual script to try and justify your bigotry?

"I became a Christian very suddenly (and out of freakin' nowhere) when I was 38 years old.

At that time, I was working in the "Office Services" department of a large law firm. My sole co-worker in that department was a lesbian named Joan Finch.

To a lot of Christians, of course -- just as with a lot of people generally -- someone's being gay or lesbian can register as a Fairly Large Deal. But I had been around gays and lesbians all my life, and had no schema for understanding a person's sexual orientation as having anything whatsoever to do with their moral character, or their status relative to God, or anything like that. Any such concept was foreign to me. All I knew was that some gays and lesbians were awful people, and some were noble, wise, kind people whom it was impossible not to love. Same as anyone else. People are people

."I'd had gay friends all of my life. Real friends. Best friends. As obnoxious as it is to stereotype, I think it's safe to say that generally, gays and lesbians have suffered for being gay and lesbian: just about all my gay friends, for instance, have countless stories about getting regularly beaten-up as kids by ... well, by just about everyone around them. Schoolmates. Siblings. Dads. Crosswalk guards. Dog-walkers. Whomever.

Growing up gay or lesbian in America is just a tough row to hoe, period. If you think it's not, then ... then you're just not paying attention to life.

And that gays and lesbians have generally suffered in their lives means that they are generally sensitive to the suffering of others. And generally that makes them kind, compassionate, and emotionally insightful. It makes them empathic. Which is why I have generally found gays and lesbians rewarding to hang out with.

I had my big fat conversion experience at work with Joan Finch.

A look of genuine concern came across her face.

"Oh, no," she said.

"What is it?" I said. "What's wrong?"

"Now you're going to hate me."

"What? What are you -- why in the world would I hate you?"

"Because Christians hate gays and lesbians," said Joan. She looked heartbroken. "Don't you know that?"

"They do? We do? Why?"

"Because it's in the Bible," she said. "I grew up in the church. I know. Part of the whole Christian deal is to hate gays and lesbians."

And then she turned away from me, so that I wouldn't see her fighting back her tears.

"You must be wrong about that," I implored. I put my hand on her back. "You must be."

"I'm not," she said, stepping away from me. "You wait. You'll see."
John Shore: How My Lesbian Friend Reacted to My Christian Conversion

Do Christians have gay friends?

Your friend is a moron. But I suppose birds of a feather.....

God's Word says that homosexuality is unnatural, a perversion, an abomination, fornication, vile affections, and a great sin against Him. As many scriptures as there are that address sin, there are more that speak of forgiveness and redemption. Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of our sins and rose again the third day. He desires that we repent and be forgiven of our sins by coming into a personal relationship with Him.

We are all sinners but those who wish to be a good Christian will do their best to avoid committing sinful acts. "For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live" (Rom 8:13)

...but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers. (James 1:14-16)

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5:19-21)

Christians think homosexuality is wrong, immoral and sinful. That doesn't seem real friendly to me.

So your definition of "friendly" is "agrees with everything you do and thinks you're perfect"? You've never been friends with someone while still disagreeing with their behavior?

"I became a Christian very suddenly (and out of freakin' nowhere) when I was 38 years old.

At that time, I was working in the "Office Services" department of a large law firm. My sole co-worker in that department was a lesbian named Joan Finch.

To a lot of Christians, of course -- just as with a lot of people generally -- someone's being gay or lesbian can register as a Fairly Large Deal. But I had been around gays and lesbians all my life, and had no schema for understanding a person's sexual orientation as having anything whatsoever to do with their moral character, or their status relative to God, or anything like that. Any such concept was foreign to me. All I knew was that some gays and lesbians were awful people, and some were noble, wise, kind people whom it was impossible not to love. Same as anyone else. People are people

."I'd had gay friends all of my life. Real friends. Best friends. As obnoxious as it is to stereotype, I think it's safe to say that generally, gays and lesbians have suffered for being gay and lesbian: just about all my gay friends, for instance, have countless stories about getting regularly beaten-up as kids by ... well, by just about everyone around them. Schoolmates. Siblings. Dads. Crosswalk guards. Dog-walkers. Whomever.

Growing up gay or lesbian in America is just a tough row to hoe, period. If you think it's not, then ... then you're just not paying attention to life.

And that gays and lesbians have generally suffered in their lives means that they are generally sensitive to the suffering of others. And generally that makes them kind, compassionate, and emotionally insightful. It makes them empathic. Which is why I have generally found gays and lesbians rewarding to hang out with.

"Oh, no," she said.

"Because Christians hate gays and lesbians," said Joan. She looked heartbroken. "Don't you know that?"

"They do? We do? Why?"

"Because it's in the Bible," she said. "I grew up in the church. I know. Part of the whole Christian deal is to hate gays and lesbians."

And then she turned away from me, so that I wouldn't see her fighting back her tears.

"You must be wrong about that," I implored. I put my hand on her back. "You must be."

Yes, I do have gay friends. Of course, with my job I work in San Francisco a lot.

I also have a gay brother whom I am close to; actually, I am probably closer to him than my two other brothers. Any Christian who promotes hatred towards anyone is not really following Christ's teachings.

"Oh, no," she said.

"They do? We do? Why?"

Yes, I do have gay friends. Of course, with my job I work in San Francisco a lot.

I also have a gay brother whom I am close to; actually, I am probably closer to him than my two other brothers. Any Christian who promotes hatred towards anyone is not really following Christ's teachings.

God's Word says that homosexuality is unnatural, a perversion, an abomination, fornication, vile affections, and a great sin against Him. Is God promoting hate?

"Oh, no," she said.

"They do? We do? Why?"

God's Word says that homosexuality is unnatural, a perversion, an abomination, fornication, vile affections, and a great sin against Him. Is God promoting hate?

I'm a Mormon, and agree with you that homosexuality is a sin against God, however, I believe God will be the final judge for each individual and not us. We do not have the ability as God does to see into the heart of every gay and lesbian person and I have tried my best to see into the heart of my brother to understand him. I still accept him completely as my brother, and will continue to do so, even though we don't completely agree on this matter.

No, God does not promote hate and that was my point. I was referring to Christians who promote hatred against gays are not really following God/Christ. Like some members within the Westboro Baptist Church.

I'm a Mormon, and agree with you that homosexuality is a sin against God, however, I believe God will be the final judge for each individual and not us. We do not have the ability as God does to see into the heart of every gay and lesbian person and I have tried my best to see into the heart of my brother to understand him. I still accept him completely as my brother, and will continue to do so, even though we don't completely agree on this matter.

No, God does not promote hate and that was my point. I was referring to Christians who promote hatred against gays are not really following God/Christ. Like some members within the Westboro Baptist Church.

So you believe you can just keep on sinning and God will simply forgive you in the end? And you also think it's ok to lump all Christians in the same catagory as those idiots at Westboro?

Sod and Gom had absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality but I am grateful for another example of ignorance and dishonesty from a bigot who preaches about God but lies. It's sad humor.

I am familiar with your 'version' of the story. Were the people of Sodom sinning? Were they corrupt and incorrigible in their pursuit of sin? Did they or did they not want to 'rape' (sin) against the visitors to Lot's home? The people of Sodom were insatiable sinners. Lot ignored their sins and tried to live his life peaceable (but lived in fear, behind walls, instead). They were destroyed because there was no good left, everyone, had been corrupted (Lot and his family were slightly less corrupted). The example of Sodom was deliberate because of your 'version'; it show that sin corrupts. It does not matter what the sin is. Homosexual acts are sinful. Therefore the act, corrupts.

That is what sin does, it corrupts. It starts small, and people are de-sensitized to the effects. Sin affects everyone it touches. If it is not fought, it grows, smaller sins become larger sins against more people. The great villians in history, never started by killing hundreds or thousands, that is where sin took them. It hurts, it is painful and it cannot be stopped without the grace of the Lord.

No they did not want to rape Lot's visitors and there is no proof of that in the narrative. I suppose you are hanging the bulk of your interpretation on the word "ya'da" and think that has an overt sexual meaning. It does not. Have you ever looked up its usage in the OT? It's used over 500 times and more than 96% of the time it had nothing to do with sex. "Ya'da" also meant to interrogate and/or punish so let's consider some basic facts.

There were men, women, and children that descended on Lot's house. Kind of hard to sell any homosexual agenda there.

There is no mention of sexual activity at all.

If homosexuality was the desire then Lot would have only enraged the crowd with the offer of his virgin daughters.

We are told in many places what the sins of S+G were and none of them mention homosexuality. Ie

New International Version (©1984)
"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."
How do you preach about studying scripture when you clearly write your own hollywood homosexual script to try and justify your bigotry?

Uh oh! We's in trouble now.

God said no such thing, that was from a book written by humans.

The Bible was also written by humans so I'm guessing you wouldn't believe what the bible says either.

•Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
•Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
•1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
•Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

They are given over to their passions. That means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins (Romans 1:18ff).

"Oh, no," she said.

"They do? We do? Why?"

God's Word says that homosexuality is unnatural, a perversion, an abomination, fornication, vile affections, and a great sin against Him. As many scriptures as there are that address sin, there are more that speak of forgiveness and redemption. Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of our sins and rose again the third day. He desires that we repent and be forgiven of our sins by coming into a personal relationship with Him.

We are all sinners but those who wish to be a good Christian will do their best to avoid committing sinful acts. "For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live" (Rom 8:13)

...but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers. (James 1:14-16)

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5:19-21)

Thanks for being a SHINING example of why this person's friend has an adverse feeling towards so-called Christians. :clap2: Now....go back to telling us how smart you are.

"Oh, no," she said.

"They do? We do? Why?"

God's Word is defined in John 1:1-3 and it is not the bible. Just more proof bigots like you are easily the most ignorant group who claims to "follow" the bible.

"Oh, no," she said.

"They do? We do? Why?"

Thanks for being a SHINING example of why this person's friend has an adverse feeling towards so-called Christians. :clap2: Now....go back to telling us how smart you are.

I could care less how anyone views Christians. The text above came from the Bible and a Christian acknowledges and accepts the word of God.

The Bible was also written by humans so I'm guessing you wouldn't believe what the bible says either.

•Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
•Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
•1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
•Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

They are given over to their passions. That means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins (Romans 1:18ff).

Why would I? It's just a bunch of guys telling tales and making up rules and shit, no biggie, it's on auto-ignore, like Harry Potter books. And "God's word", where'd you hear that? he give a lecture?

God's Word is defined in John 1:1-3 and it is not the bible. Just more proof bigots like you are easily the most ignorant group who claims to "follow" the bible.

I never made that distinction.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being."
(John 1:1-3)

We know from John 1:14, that 'the Word', 'Logos' in the original manuscripts, in John 1:1 is Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ.

- - "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father."

Verse 1, tell us that Jesus Christ is eternal, that He was with God, and that He is God. There can be no doubt that this verse means that Jesus, the Christ, is Jehovah God. The word-for-word translation from the original Greek manuscripts read, "-and God was the Word.". The Apostle John knew this to be true for in writing this verse he used 'ho theos', from which 'God' is translated in the original manuscripts. The Greek TITLE 'ho theos' was used exclusively, by ALL the writers of New Testament, to indicate only the God of Israel, Yaweh - Jehovah. For a more in-depth explanation see ho theos. Verse 3 also bears testimony to the fact that Jesus is GOD.

John 1:1-3

Why would I? It's just a bunch of guys telling tales and making up rules and shit, no biggie, it's on auto-ignore, like Harry Potter books. And "God's word", where'd you hear that? he give a lecture?

Why would you? Good question and I have an answer, because you are a total retard.

Where did I hear that? I didn't hear it I actually read it from....... the Bible.

So you believe you can just keep on sinning and God will simply forgive you in the end? And you also think it's ok to lump all Christians in the same catagory as those idiots at Westboro?

The only noticeable diff between you and the Westboro wingers is your mailing address.

The only noticeable diff between you and the Westboro wingers is your mailing address.

Prove it.

the bible is the book he's correctly referring to. do try to keep up.

Prove it.

don't need to, you already have, tex.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/search.php?searchid=2725485

Forum List

Back