city in Texas removes popular gorilla statue for being 'racially insensitive'

So the Confederate statue hysteria has now moved into the animal world. Corsicana, TX has removed a statue of a gorilla in a cage, after receiving 45 (they say) complaints.

Complaints ? It turns out some people (mostly blacks) thought the statue was racist. Wow. What isn't "racist" nowadays, in the minds of some people ?

I used to go to the Museum of Natural History in New York. In the entrance, they had a large, stuffed gorilla. I saw it every time I visited the museum. I never once thought about race. Unquestionaby, some people have really gone off the deep end, when it comes to race. Crazy, stupidity, or both.

Did it ever occur to the city leaders of Corsicana who removed this statue, that these so-called 45 people who called them, just might be the dumbest 45 people in Corsicana ? So this is how you operate a government ? By catering to the dumbest segment of your population ? The smarter part of the population (of all races) must be thinking >> what are these boneheads going to do next ?

So now there is a cage still there, with nothing in it. A testament to government sillieness. I heard they're thinking of putting a statue of a tiger there now. People of Corsicana must be stratching their heads.

So the Confederate statue hysteria has now moved into the animal world. Corsicana, TX has removed a statue of a gorilla in a cage, after receiving 45 (they say) complaints.

Complaints ? It turns out some people (mostly blacks) thought the statue was racist. Wow. What isn't "racist" nowadays, in the minds of some people ?

I used to go to the Museum of Natural History in New York. In the entrance, they had a large, stuffed gorilla. I saw it every time I visited the museum. I never once thought about race. Unquestionaby, some people have really gone off the deep end, when it comes to race. Crazy, stupidity, or both.

Did it ever occur to the city leaders of Corsicana who removed this statue, that these so-called 45 people who called them, just might be the dumbest 45 people in Corsicana ? So this is how you operate a government ? By catering to the dumbest segment of your population ? The smarter part of the population (of all races) must be thinking >> what are these boneheads going to do next ?

So now there is a cage still there, with nothing in it. A testament to government sillieness. I heard they're thinking of putting a statue of a tiger there now. People of Corsicana must be stratching their heads.

So, the blacks activists though it was a racist statement to have a gorilla in a cage?

That reveals some very interesting associations on the part of the black activists...

Specifically that they would look at a gorilla and think "black"....

That is very cringe worthy.

So, the blacks activists though it was a racist statement to have a gorilla in a cage?

That reveals some very interesting associations on the part of the black activists...

Never know what liberals are going to come up with next - especially blacks concerning race (and things that have nothing to do with race)

Never know what liberals are going to come up with next - especially blacks concerning race (and things that have nothing to do with race)
It seems like the next complaint will be bananas.

Except that any healthy mind will be unable to foresee the depths of irrationality, delusion and utter vileness that they can descend to, all the while patting themselves on the back for what good people they are.

It’s like black activist sports writers like Michael Wilbon who think any suggestion that blacks have superior jumping a sprinting skills infers that blacks are less intelligent, which is such disjointed reasoning that he may be proving his own point.

Ok, so we are all in agreement now that black people look like apes? It's not racist if we all agree.

I am so glad conservatives get their way and blame it on blacks. I can see how republicans would not like their likeness being on center stage in a cage.

I am so glad conservatives get their way and blame it on blacks. I can see how republicans would not like their likeness being on center stage in a cage.
You heard it here folks. Tax Man thinks black people look like apes. :laugh:

Everyone who "knows" Corsicana knows how racist it was and still is.

The term "monkeys" and "chimps" etc have always been used to denigrate blacks.

Get over the faux rage, Basque.

Are all apes in cages at any zoo racially insensitive now days?

I am more interested in how those gorillas get so big being vegans...

Forum List

Back