CNN/ORC Poll: Bush surges to 2016 GOP frontrunner

We have no candidate other than Bush who can take the center. None.
55901064.jpg

That makes no sense. We do know that the Dems took the popular vote 5 times and 4 times; the Pubs took the popular vote once and won two times. Had the Pubs not taken the center and left of center they would not have won what they did take.

So Gore was running for the popular vote? Wow, he was too stupid to be President.

Your babble didn't contradict me. W while not being a Conservative motivated them. The first time because he lied that he was Conservative. The second time it was a combination of Iraq and that the Democrats ran a gag candidate, John F'ing Kerry.

The other four, Republicans ran center/left candidates who were clearly center/left who were disliked by the right and lost. The problem with center left is they like you can't decide which party you support while the leftists in the Democratic party don't have that split and then the conservatives stay home.

Stop babbling. Your take on the history of it is perverted and senseless.

The cons won twice, because they had the right and took the center once and SCOTUS the other time.

Jeb being a Bush is as much of a weakness for getting the center as Romney's negative caricatures. If anything I'd say Romney has the edge on Bush when it comes to center appeal, it's his Mormonism that he really hurts his appeal to most (not all) Christian conservatives, which is something Jeb doesn't have to deal with when appealing to that crowd
I thought it was going to sink Mittens, since it's written into the Southern Baptist creed/bylaws that Mormonism is a cult.

But no. Apparently their Party comes before their Christianity. Southern Baptists turned out huge in 2012.

"NO, I'm NOT the one who said Romney won the moderate vote."

"We just WITNESSED this FALSE narrative in practice with ROMNEY. Do we have PRESIDENT ROMNEY right now? Why... NO... NO WE DON'T, and he DID GET the "CENTER/MIDDLE/MODERATE" vote."

"If you can find where I ever said that, I'll eat the corn out of Pelosi's shit."

Chow down you lying piece of crap.
Wonder what Leader Pelosi had for dinner tonight?
4i6Ckte.gif

That makes no sense. We do know that the Dems took the popular vote 5 times and 4 times; the Pubs took the popular vote once and won two times. Had the Pubs not taken the center and left of center they would not have won what they did take.

So Gore was running for the popular vote? Wow, he was too stupid to be President.

Your babble didn't contradict me. W while not being a Conservative motivated them. The first time because he lied that he was Conservative. The second time it was a combination of Iraq and that the Democrats ran a gag candidate, John F'ing Kerry.

The other four, Republicans ran center/left candidates who were clearly center/left who were disliked by the right and lost. The problem with center left is they like you can't decide which party you support while the leftists in the Democratic party don't have that split and then the conservatives stay home.

The cons won twice, because they had the right and took the center once and SCOTUS the other time.

At least, YOU (a pretty far left liberal), include Jeb Bush in your circle of leftwing buds. You may claim him because WE (Conservative Constitutionalists) do not.

Jeb being a Bush is as much of a weakness for getting the center as Romney's negative caricatures. If anything I'd say Romney has the edge on Bush when it comes to center appeal, it's his Mormonism that he really hurts his appeal to most (not all) Christian conservatives, which is something Jeb doesn't have to deal with when appealing to that crowd

Jeb will have to work on the negative of associated his brother's image.

The center is a toss up between the two, and if Jeb can keep quiet about Mitt's Mormonism, that should work to his advantage against Mitt.

Jeb will be indomitable about immigration reform, which forces those to his right to vote for him if they have any sense than the Democrat.

But I don't think Mitt will run.

Jeb will have to recreate himself as "I'm not George"

To do that he will have to shed some traditional social conservative stances on gay marriage, abolition of abortion and run on his immigration stance and fiscal conservatism
He's an unapologetic Neo-Con. He is unacceptable.

Jeb will never be the nominee, but in the extremely unlikely event that he is I will wash my hands with the Republican party forever and even vote for the Democratic nominee out of principal.

Great. Just what we need. Another bush to destroy our economy and country again.

george h w bush did it.

the bush boy did it.

Is America that stupid to allow another bush the opportunity to destroy our economy and nation again?

MHO: The nomination is going to boil down to Walker or Ryan on the right of the GOP and Christie or Bush in the center of the GOP.
That's an honest opinion, however I disagree.

I think Ted Cruz is going to sky rocket to the top of the list after he announces he's running, and stay there. Especially if he picks a Trey Gowdy, or Allen West, or Mike Lee as his VP. It's an absolute win/win.

Dream on.
The established will do what they did to all of the others that was popular.
If none of the lies stick like before then they will pull out the rape charges just like they did with Cain.
Ted Cruz is the enemy of both parties. He is a threat to their power.
Neither party wants the people to have the power.
Rape charges?

Why do you lie?

Poll Bush surges to 2016 GOP frontrunner - CNN.com

SUUUUURRRE he does... because the poll only polled DEMOCRATS!

What a farce.

The media always tries to pick out candidates for us.

Only problem is, with as many stupid people as we have on both sides of the aisle, it often works.

Look at McCain and Romney.
Precisely... it's an election tactic, and it's had a reasonable amount of success.

That's why we see the left continue to use it.
Yep , Republicans are so stupid that they let the media select their candidate for them.

The Media is the ones who picked Obama.
No, Americans picked Obama.

My favorite thing about election season is watching poorly-informed Cons whining about how polls are all rigged for a year and a half, then watching them sputter when it turns out the polls were nearly perfectly accurate all along.
I don't care what the polls say. Bush isn't a conservative, if the republicans run him. I will probably vote third party. The republican party is about to lose me if they keep running liberal lights as candidates.
You left the Republican Party long ago, as have all the conservatives and teabaggers on this site. You tried to turn the Party into an offshoot of the Fundamentalist Christian movement, when it was never fixated on such things in Goldwater's day. Richard Nixon did all sorts of staunchly Republican things that today you claim are Liberal ideas, like clean air and water.

There is no far right viable candidate, except maybe Paul.
Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West... shall I go on?

How did you ever get so full of shit?

Hence the word "viable"

See, it was a clown question bro. You are defining viable. Who gives a shit what a Marxist considers "viable?"
Well, then the vast majority of Americans are Marxist. Ted Cruz has no political future other than holding his Senate seat. And I bet he gets voted out when he's up. Texas is turning purple rapidly.

Jeb will never be the nominee, but in the extremely unlikely event that he is I will wash my hands with the Republican party forever and even vote for the Democratic nominee out of principal.
Do leave, please. :lol:

Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West... shall I go on?

Hence the word "viable"

See, it was a clown question bro. You are defining viable. Who gives a shit what a Marxist considers "viable?"

Viable means a chance to win

Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West have no chance
Obviously, they are the ones you fear the most. If they weren't, you would be urging us to vote for them instead of dismiss them.
Vote for them! I'm urging! Get Poor Sarah in there, too! And Bachmann! Maybe you can bring back Pat Robertson, Gary Bauer, Pat Buchanan, and David Duke, too!
4i6Ckte.gif

Hence the word "viable"

Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West have no chance

Reagan had no chance either, remember?
Ted Kennedy had a lot to do with Reagan's win.

You're making it up Jake. I'm not saying conservatives voted for the Democrat, I'm saying they stayed home. Which they did. They didn't vote for the Democrat clone candidate. Ditto me. I voted for Perot in 92, then Libertarian in three (Browne, Browne, Badnarik, then Ralph Nader before finally breaking my streak and voting for Romney because Obama was finally bad enough to actually vote for the lesser evil. My hurdle for the Republicans is incredibly low, but they can't clear it. Not even close. Lots of conservatives were the same, it wasn't worth voting for the Republican..

The evidence shows that conservatives DID NOT stay home as you suggest.

In 2012 conservatives made up 35% of the electorate.
In 2008 conservatives made up 34% of the electorate.

(In 1980 - "the Reagan Revolution" - Conservatives made up 28% of the electorate)

So this narrative that "Conservatives stayed home in 2008 and 2012" is false - and proven false by the numbers.

2004 - 34%
2000 - 29%
1996 - 33%
1992 - 30%
1988 - 33%
1984 - 33%

Mitt Romney gave you the highest turnout among conservatives in at least 32 years!

I'm sorry if it goes against what you'd LIKE people to think but the numbers don't lie. The GOP has maxed out on what they are going to get from the far right. The only ground they can make up is among moderates where a Republican has NEVER won without getting at least 45% of the moderate vote since 1980. Romney and McCain lost the moderate vote by more than that.

THAT is why they lost.

Every narrative you guys try to trot out to try to justify a shift to the right:

"Conservatives stayed home" or "Romney won the moderates and STILL lost"

Has been proven false by the actual numbers. Who is telling you this crap?

Would you rather lose on Fantasy Island or win in the real world?

Hillary Clinton called herself a "fiscal conservative." I reject your definition of self described. Jake says he's a Republican. Self described is meaningless.

Doesn't matter what you accept and it's not MY definition (as I think you are probably aware - not sure why you tried to attribute it to me).

The numbers don't lie. You can continue to lose where you live on fantasy island - or you can make the journey to the real world where you may be more successful.

You think that anyone who thinks government shouldn't make our choices for us lives on fantasy island? I wouldn't be lecturing anyone on the "real world." In the real world, government are power hungry and unaccountable and make crappy choices.
Why aren't you addressing the numbers?

They are also pushing Hillary but neither one is doing very well.
People don't want to go back the1990's of Bush, Clinton again.
Hillary is in trouble when only 53% of the libs would vote for her. She should have 70% or higher.
Too many people have wizened up to how the media is trying to influence them.

You just refuse to learn anything, don't you?

Hillary is not a Liberal. Hillary is not the choice of Liberals. Hillary is a Center-Left hawkish, corporate Democrat.

But she's still better than anyone on the Right.

Hillary is a Liberal but not a hard core lib, not like Liz Warren who is a hard core lib.
I agree that she is a Corporate Dem.
She may be Liberal on a few social issues like reproductive rights, stem cells, Gays, etc. But every Democrat who will be running will be for those things. But she is not Liberal when it comes to war, or populist issues. Or the NSA. Or the CIA. Or marijuana. Or Wall Street.

All the things that matter, which will get Liberals excited.

Hence the word "viable"

Obviously, they are the ones you fear the most. If they weren't, you would be urging us to vote for them instead of dismiss them.
Vote for them! I'm urging! Get Poor Sarah in there, too! And Bachmann! Maybe you can bring back Pat Robertson, Gary Bauer, Pat Buchanan, and David Duke, too!
4i6Ckte.gif
No, I think you're afraid of Cruz, Sessions, Gowdy, Lee, Carson, and West. Your mention of Palin and the others is your attempt at distraction. You fear the ones you mentioned first, especially Cruz.

Forum List

Back