CNN/ORC Poll: Bush surges to 2016 GOP frontrunner

Hence the word "viable"

See, it was a clown question bro. You are defining viable. Who gives a shit what a Marxist considers "viable?"

Viable means a chance to win

Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West have no chance
Obviously, they are the ones you fear the most. If they weren't, you would be urging us to vote for them instead of dismiss them.
Vote for them! I'm urging! Get Poor Sarah in there, too! And Bachmann! Maybe you can bring back Pat Robertson, Gary Bauer, Pat Buchanan, and David Duke, too!
4i6Ckte.gif
No, I think you're afraid of Cruz, Sessions, Gowdy, Lee, Carson, and West. Your mention of Palin and the others is your attempt at distraction. You fear the ones you mentioned first, especially Cruz.

They will all occupy the GOP clown car while the credible candidates actually win primaries

See, it was a clown question bro. You are defining viable. Who gives a shit what a Marxist considers "viable?"

Viable means a chance to win

Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West have no chance
Obviously, they are the ones you fear the most. If they weren't, you would be urging us to vote for them instead of dismiss them.
Vote for them! I'm urging! Get Poor Sarah in there, too! And Bachmann! Maybe you can bring back Pat Robertson, Gary Bauer, Pat Buchanan, and David Duke, too!
4i6Ckte.gif
No, I think you're afraid of Cruz, Sessions, Gowdy, Lee, Carson, and West. Your mention of Palin and the others is your attempt at distraction. You fear the ones you mentioned first, especially Cruz.

They will all occupy the GOP clown car while the credible candidates actually win primaries
They'll have to kick you out first.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Poll Bush surges to 2016 GOP frontrunner - CNN.com

SUUUUURRRE he does... because the poll only polled DEMOCRATS!

What a farce.
This illustrates a lack of political acumen on the part of most conservatives.

Democrats elect presidents, along with democratic leaning independents. These democrats are referred to as 'weak' democrats or 'Reagan' democrats – they decide who will be the next president, not republicans.

Therefore, how a given republican presidential candidate polls with democrats should be of great interest to partisan republicans.

"Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West have no chance"

True.

All are extreme rightwing zealots.

Voters despise extremism, left or right – a lesson democrats have learned, and most republicans not.

Here's how the Right Wing will sound.

Pre-Nomination - 'We can't vote for Bush! He's too moderate. He doesn't hate Mexicans and Gays, just like Jesus did!"

Post Nomination- "We all support Bush. He's dreamy! We have to stop HIllary or America is Doooooomed! Doooomed, I tell you!"

After Hillary wipes the floor with him - "Next time, we need to nominate a real conservative!"

Okay, here's why Bush will win the nomination- The GOP doesn't take headers off the board and pick the guy from the back of the room. Every candidate they have nominated since 1968 has either run before, is currently holding the office or is related to someone who did.

Here's why he will lose the General Election- the GOP might stand a chance if they run on change, but if the election becomes a comparison between Clinton and Bush, people are going to remember how bad the Bush's sucked for them and how nice things were under Clinton unless you were an intern.

Exactly, beware the republican candidate that the leftist media favors. The same thing happened with Romney, the media elevated him above the others, and then pulverized him once he became the candidate.

Actually, I thought the Media went soft on Romney.

If the Media did a special on "Crazy Shit Mormons actually believe", Romney would have been toast.

Exactly, beware the republican candidate that the leftist media favors. The same thing happened with Romney, the media elevated him above the others, and then pulverized him once he became the candidate.

The polls elevated him above everyone else and the media follows the polls

I think the problem was, the Republican base didn't really want Romney. and you had a series of times in 2007 when they took a look at everyone else. There was even a point where Herman Cain was leading Romney in the polls. They were willing to give him a look.

The problem was every time "someone else" got a look at, we saw them. When they looked at Perry, the realized he was kind of stupid. When they looked at Cain, we found out about all the women he played grab-ass with. When they looked at Gingrich, they remembered who he was... oh, yeah, THAT guy!

There's an old saying that Democrats fall in love with their candidates, but Republicans fall in line. The GOP hasn't been in love with a candidate since Reagan.

The polls elevated him above everyone else and the media follows the polls

I think the problem was, the Republican base didn't really want Romney. and you had a series of times in 2007 when they took a look at everyone else. There was even a point where Herman Cain was leading Romney in the polls. They were willing to give him a look.

The problem was every time "someone else" got a look at, we saw them. When they looked at Perry, the realized he was kind of stupid. When they looked at Cain, we found out about all the women he played grab-ass with. When they looked at Gingrich, they remembered who he was... oh, yeah, THAT guy!

There's an old saying that Democrats fall in love with their candidates, but Republicans fall in line. The GOP hasn't been in love with a candidate since Reagan.

Republicans went into an "Anybody but Romney" frenzy

Trump, Perry, Cain, Gingrich.....all surged at some point

You are correct in that they looked attractive when nobody knew them but faded under the spotlight

So why did Romney lose you ask? Simple, BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GET THE ***CONSERVATIVE*** VOTE.
Are you seriously saying that the Right-Wing stayed home in 2012? Because that's easily disproven with the numbers, compared with past elections.

Also, what Right-Winger missed the chance to get the Kenyan Usurper out of office?

More conservatives voted for Romney than any other Presidential candidate.

Just look at the exit polls.

In 2012, 35% of the electorate was conservative, and Romney won 82% of the conservative vote. 129 million people voted. Do the math 129mm x 35% x 82% = 37 million conservatives voted for Romney.

If you do the same math for 2008 and 2004, 35 million conservatives voted for both McCain and Bush while 25 million conservatives voted for Bush in 2000.

So why did Romney lose you ask? Simple, BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GET THE ***CONSERVATIVE*** VOTE.
Are you seriously saying that the Right-Wing stayed home in 2012? Because that's easily disproven with the numbers, compared with past elections.

Also, what Right-Winger missed the chance to get the Kenyan Usurper out of office?

More conservatives voted for Romney than any other Presidential candidate.

Just look at the exit polls.

In 2012, 35% of the electorate was conservative, and Romney won 82% of the conservative vote. 129 million people voted. Do the math 129mm x 35% x 82% = 37 million conservatives voted for Romney.

If you do the same math for 2008 and 2004, 35 million conservatives voted for both McCain and Bush while 25 million conservatives voted for Bush in 2000.

There are some on the far right who can't accept it, but you and I have both provided all the data. The GOP has clearly maxed out on what they can get from the far right. Trying to appease this group further makes absolutely NO sense and if they demand it, they will cost themselves the White House. In at least 32 years, no GOP candidate has won the White House without getting at least 45% of the moderate vote.

Things in Jeb Bush's favor:

He has name recognition
He has a good record as Gov of Florida
He can do well with the Hispanic vote
He can win in swing states, especially Florida and Ohio

Things working against him:

He is a rather dull speaker
He has the stink of Bush

Again the Romney plan where you all loved him as the center candidate who can reach across party lines in the primaries then he became a radical reactionary in the general election.
Why are you depending on The Left to elect your candidate?
4i6Ckte.gif

Strawman

I voted for Reagan and Bush four times. I spent twenty years as a Republican until the mid nineties when the Gingrich revolution turned me against them for good.
I am not alone.

No, you are not alone. Lots of other liberals lie they used to be a Republican. It's a very odd thing liberals do, as if it's supposed to be persuasive when you say after voting for Republicans you suddenly realized you were a Marxist and it suddenly dawned on you that Republicans aren't Marxists so you left the party. You're even left in the Democratic party, but you were a Republican. And I used to be Diana Ross, but not anymore.

No reason to lie

I grew up in New York in a Republican family. Nelson Rockefeller and Jacob Javits Republicans. They actually cared about people.
The party changed. They completely abandoned any semblance of doing what is right for the people they represent
I, and millions like me, left the party

Right, the Republican party used to be Marxists, but they aren't now so you had to go to the Democrats. I'm convinced. Sure you were.

I voted for Reagan and Bush four times. I spent twenty years as a Republican until the mid nineties when the Gingrich revolution turned me against them for good.
I am not alone.

No, you are not alone. Lots of other liberals lie they used to be a Republican. It's a very odd thing liberals do, as if it's supposed to be persuasive when you say after voting for Republicans you suddenly realized you were a Marxist and it suddenly dawned on you that Republicans aren't Marxists so you left the party. You're even left in the Democratic party, but you were a Republican. And I used to be Diana Ross, but not anymore.

No reason to lie

I grew up in New York in a Republican family. Nelson Rockefeller and Jacob Javits Republicans. They actually cared about people.
The party changed. They completely abandoned any semblance of doing what is right for the people they represent
I, and millions like me, left the party

Right, the Republican party used to be Marxists, but they aren't now so you had to go to the Democrats. I'm convinced. Sure you were.

strawman

That makes no sense. We do know that the Dems took the popular vote 5 times and 4 times; the Pubs took the popular vote once and won two times. Had the Pubs not taken the center and left of center they would not have won what they did take.

So Gore was running for the popular vote? Wow, he was too stupid to be President.

Your babble didn't contradict me. W while not being a Conservative motivated them. The first time because he lied that he was Conservative. The second time it was a combination of Iraq and that the Democrats ran a gag candidate, John F'ing Kerry.

The other four, Republicans ran center/left candidates who were clearly center/left who were disliked by the right and lost. The problem with center left is they like you can't decide which party you support while the leftists in the Democratic party don't have that split and then the conservatives stay home.

Stop babbling. Your take on the history of it is perverted and senseless.

The cons won twice, because they had the right and took the center once and SCOTUS the other time.

We have no candidate other than Bush who can take the center. None.
Jeb being a Bush is as much of a weakness for getting the center as Romney's negative caricatures. If anything I'd say Romney has the edge on Bush when it comes to center appeal, it's his Mormonism that he really hurts his appeal to most (not all) Christian conservatives, which is something Jeb doesn't have to deal with when appealing to that crowd
I thought it was going to sink Mittens, since it's written into the Southern Baptist creed/bylaws that Mormonism is a cult.

But no. Apparently their Party comes before their Christianity. Southern Baptists turned out huge in 2012.

So Republicans are Christian bigots who want their God in government, but no wait, they are hypocrites because they voted for the candidate they like better. You're flip flopping more than Romney.

Its really not that hard to figure out.....

Republicans will select Jeb Bush because they are conservatives. Conservatives do not go with fringe candidates or unknown rising stars. Republicans select the safe and comfortable candidates....Bush fits the bill

Democrats are notorious for selecting outside the box. That is why you get candidates like Jimmy Carter, Mike Dukakis, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama

There is no far right viable candidate, except maybe Paul.
Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West... shall I go on?

How did you ever get so full of shit?

Hence the word "viable"

Well, then the vast majority of Americans are Marxist. Ted Cruz has no political future other than holding his Senate seat. And I bet he gets voted out when he's up. Texas is turning purple rapidly.

You think RW is representative of a "vast majority of Americans?" Seriously? LOL, that's classic.

Forum List

Back