Comey confirms what Trump said all along: He told Trump he wasn't under investigation

You are not under investigation Mr President

Flynn, Manafort, Sessions, Rogers, Kushner are

As long as you had no contacts with any of them .....you are free and clear

Yeah....no........the only crime is the unmasking of Flynn.......

But keep praying to the God you don't believe exists....maybe, just maybe...you can get a conviction against the White House Chef..........I am sure he once made dinner for a Russian at some point....

Easy....just explain what Flynn was talking to the Russians about and Trump is free and clear

"So Comey told Jeff Sessions he didn't want to be alone with Trump. Women across the country can relate." - Crazy Maxine Waters

all that liberals have left is the women's card
No, no, no, you don't get that comment at all.
I laughed out loud when I heard that yesterday morning. That was definitely a one-girl-to-another comment about a creepy guy. LOL It's still got me tickled. Great big 6'8" man with decades of cop experience saying "DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH THAT GUY!!" like a nervous girl.
It was just funny. It's not a women's card. Apparently everyone but you got it.

Nothing to see here, just Trump fell in love with Comey which is why he asked others to be get lost so he could have him alone. Valentines Day dinner. DT felt it could not continue, but Comey
An FBI director should never be loyal to the President, and Comey had a 10 year job (unless fired) so why was he fired, for being a showboat??

Any new member and all members of Trump admin is loyal to him, not the country or people that pay their salaries, and the new FBI director would have to be crooked if loyal to Trump first. One can't trust anyone that DT hires, no one.
fired for a lot of reasons. some even valid i suppose.

but if you hate trump, you love anyone against him.

there's so much shit about to fall taking any ONE SINGULAR SIDE is gonna leave you covered in more poo than joe dirt.

No he was fired due to not put DT before country. DT has never been a patriotic citizen.

Wow......Sour grapes much? You went to sleep last night dreaming of seeing Trump in chains being dragged out of the White House today......and you didn't even get a stupid t-shirt....

Oh I can't wait till tomorrow. I felt he should of been wearing orange for a long time.
This isn't going to bring you any closer to the dream of getting rid of Trump, Penelope. I understand the desire, but this isn't it. Just keep trolling him; he'll eventually totally implode.

He can live out his 4 years , as Pence and Ryan are no better. I can't wait for his walk of shame.

Washington (CNN)Former FBI Director James Comey is set to testify Thursday before the Senate on his interactions with President Donald Trump, and a copy of his testimony released Wednesday is full of eye-popping details.

Top lines from James Comey's testimony - CNNPolitics.com

Here is a collection of some of the most buzz-worthy lines in the fired FBI director's testimony, released by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

1. "He said he would do that and added, 'Because I have been very loyal to you, very loyal; we had that thing you know.' I did not reply or ask him what he meant by 'that thing.'" -- Comey describing an April 11 phone call with Trump in which he told the President to contact the attorney general instead of the FBI director directly.

2. "He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia." -- Comey describing a March 30 phone call in which Trump called the Russia investigation a "cloud."

3. "He asked what we could do to 'lift the cloud.'" -- Comey describing the March 30 phone call.

4. "A few moments later, the President said, 'I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.' I didn't move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed." -- Comey describing a January 27 one-on-one dinner with the President.

5. "I discussed with the FBI's leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him. We agreed I should do so if circumstances warranted. ... I offered that assurance." -- Comey on a January 6 meeting with Trump, explaining what he was told about any investigation into him personally.

6. "When the door by the grandfather clock closed, and we were alone, the President began by saying, 'I want to talk about Mike Flynn.'" -- Comey describing a February 14 meeting in the Oval Office, during which Trump excused the other participants to speak to Comey alone.
There's nothing there that's going to lead to impeachment.
Agree.....outside a blatant threat to drop the investigation or be fired, the Trump justice department nor the Republican Congress will press obstruction charges

However, nobody can defend that what Trump did was not inappropriate

Washington (CNN)Former FBI Director James Comey is set to testify Thursday before the Senate on his interactions with President Donald Trump, and a copy of his testimony released Wednesday is full of eye-popping details.

Top lines from James Comey's testimony - CNNPolitics.com

Here is a collection of some of the most buzz-worthy lines in the fired FBI director's testimony, released by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

1. "He said he would do that and added, 'Because I have been very loyal to you, very loyal; we had that thing you know.' I did not reply or ask him what he meant by 'that thing.'" -- Comey describing an April 11 phone call with Trump in which he told the President to contact the attorney general instead of the FBI director directly.

2. "He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia." -- Comey describing a March 30 phone call in which Trump called the Russia investigation a "cloud."

3. "He asked what we could do to 'lift the cloud.'" -- Comey describing the March 30 phone call.

4. "A few moments later, the President said, 'I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.' I didn't move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed." -- Comey describing a January 27 one-on-one dinner with the President.

5. "I discussed with the FBI's leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him. We agreed I should do so if circumstances warranted. ... I offered that assurance." -- Comey on a January 6 meeting with Trump, explaining what he was told about any investigation into him personally.

6. "When the door by the grandfather clock closed, and we were alone, the President began by saying, 'I want to talk about Mike Flynn.'" -- Comey describing a February 14 meeting in the Oval Office, during which Trump excused the other participants to speak to Comey alone.
There's nothing there that's going to lead to impeachment.
Agree.....outside a blatant threat to drop the investigation or be fired, the Trump justice department nor the Republican Congress will press obstruction charges

However, nobody can defend that what Trump did was not inappropriate
That, indeed, is the whole point, which seems to be lost on a good chunk of the population. I don't understand why.

No
You should write comedy

Are you saying a FBI director has loyalty for the POTUS first and foremost?? before the country? I suppose you are a gun toting 2nd amendment freak.

I'm saying you must have been asleep next to Rip Van Winkle during the Obama Administration. He spied on Americans, threatened reporters and got Brian Terry killed by running guns to Mexican drug Lords
as well as four americans in Benghazi.

Unfortunately for you Benghazi investigations, all 8 of them are over. But you bring up a great point here. If Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi--it's not to hard to imagine what Democrats will do with Treason, Obstruction & Lies when they take over in 2018.

This is why Republicans are left with 2 options:
1. Remove Trump from office asap or
2. Burn the entire party down in 2018-2020 & beyond

Trump has already admitted Obstruction of Justice in an NBC television interview. That is an impeachable offense.

"President Trump on Thursday said he was thinking of “this Russia thing with Trump” when he decided to fire FBI Director James B. Comey, who had been leading the counterintelligence investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

Trump’s account flatly contradicts the White House’s initial account of how the president arrived at his decision, undercutting public denials by his aides that the move was influenced in any way by his growing fury with the ongoing Russia probe."
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

I really don't know what Republican House and Senate members are waiting for. The longer Trump is in office the more damage he will do to them & the party.

Keep dreaming ..

9 of the 13 seats you currently hold, up for re-election, look to be going to Republicans... if the election were held today.....

You guys keep the stupid shit your doing today and the beat down will be epic..

Democrats will win the Senate and most the likely the house. You have awoken a sleeping giant in this country and it's pissed. Republican town halls across this country are showing it--including in deep red states

Arkansas

Salt Lake City Utah--considered the most conservative state in the nation
Republican town halls are getting very, very nasty

Then you have this:

170121211838-28-womens-march-dc-exlarge-169.jpg

Woman's march the day after Trump was inaugurated--this was going on in every state for more pictures go to this link. They were in the millions
Woman's march pictures

Then the regular protests over Trump.
tdy_miguel_protests_161110__752493.today-vid-canonical-featured-desktop.jpg

for more pictures go to this link--They were in the millions.
https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNB...2493.today-vid-canonical-featured-desktop.jpg

For the first time in this nations history--the President elect had to blockade himself inside the Trump tower--and his method of communication with the outside world was reduced to a tweeter account.

They are no longer protesters--they are activists against the Republican party--and they're coming in 2018.

if Trump was not under investigation then what investigation was he trying to block? It doesn't make sense because you can't obstruct an investigation against him that never existed in the first place.

No
Are you saying a FBI director has loyalty for the POTUS first and foremost?? before the country? I suppose you are a gun toting 2nd amendment freak.

I'm saying you must have been asleep next to Rip Van Winkle during the Obama Administration. He spied on Americans, threatened reporters and got Brian Terry killed by running guns to Mexican drug Lords

Unfortunately for you Benghazi investigations, all 8 of them are over. But you bring up a great point here. If Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi--it's not to hard to imagine what Democrats will do with Treason, Obstruction & Lies when they take over in 2018.

This is why Republicans are left with 2 options:
1. Remove Trump from office asap or
2. Burn the entire party down in 2018-2020 & beyond

Trump has already admitted Obstruction of Justice in an NBC television interview. That is an impeachable offense.

"President Trump on Thursday said he was thinking of “this Russia thing with Trump” when he decided to fire FBI Director James B. Comey, who had been leading the counterintelligence investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

Trump’s account flatly contradicts the White House’s initial account of how the president arrived at his decision, undercutting public denials by his aides that the move was influenced in any way by his growing fury with the ongoing Russia probe."
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

I really don't know what Republican House and Senate members are waiting for. The longer Trump is in office the more damage he will do to them & the party.

Keep dreaming ..

9 of the 13 seats you currently hold, up for re-election, look to be going to Republicans... if the election were held today.....

You guys keep the stupid shit your doing today and the beat down will be epic..

Democrats will win the Senate and most the likely the house. You have awoken a sleeping giant in this country and it's pissed. Republican town halls across this country are showing it--including in deep red states

Arkansas

Salt Lake City Utah--considered the most conservative state in the nation
Republican town halls are getting very, very nasty

Then you have this:

170121211838-28-womens-march-dc-exlarge-169.jpg

Woman's march the day after Trump was inaugurated--this was going on in every state for more pictures go to this link. They were in the millions
Woman's march pictures

Then the regular protests over Trump.
tdy_miguel_protests_161110__752493.today-vid-canonical-featured-desktop.jpg

for more pictures go to this link--They were in the millions.
https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNB...2493.today-vid-canonical-featured-desktop.jpg

For the first time in this nations history--the President elect had to blockade himself inside the Trump tower--and his method of communication with the outside world was reduced to a tweeter account.

They are no longer protesters--they are activists against the Republican party--and they're coming in 2018.

Nope.

Rubio to Comey: It seems like everything from your office leaked except the fact the President was not under investigation.

Trump had a right to be cleared publicly if he was not personally under investigation He also is correct that it was a cloud over his administration and he owed it to the nation and those who elected Trump to enact his campaign promises. The Democrats were piggybacking off of this investigation and milking it for the very fact that there was ambiguity and they were going to tell the voters in 2018 with certainty that Trump is guilty, even though they probably know there's little there.

I am not a lawyer or an investigating officer, but I don't see this as being obstruction. All presidents make requests of their agencies, if not them then the DOJ does. If someone is going to tell me that the former administration didn't interfere in the Clinton investigation than I have a bridge for sale. Her crimes dwarf anything that Trump has done, unless some evidence comes out to prove otherwise.

Therefore, if she was not up for charges, there is a far greater case that there was obstruction in her case, especially considering how much she has profited financially from her position, than surely Trump is not.

Someone in his administration? Maybe. Trump himself? I don't believe so at this point, not even close.

Trump did not have a right to be cleared publicly. Comey made the point that he decided not to make a public declaration now because he might have to make another announcement if things changed. Watergate did not start with the President but ended there. The trouble is that Republicans did not receive a mandate. For example, exit polls showed that voters did not want a wall built. It was a anti-Clinton vote. The AHCA is more unpopular than Obamacare. After Democrats passed Obamacare which was unpopular, Democrats lost the House and Senate. History could repeat itself with the House.

Trump asked the FBI to stop a investigation. That in itself fits my definition of obstruction of justice. A former Watergate counsel lays out how Comey's statement fits obstruction of justice.

Trump is profiting. He has not severed his business ties so he still profits from it. He steered business to his companies and used campaign money to do it. He even raised the rent. As President, every time he goes to his Florida resort, taxpayers pay money to his resort so they can protect him. In addition, Kushner has been guaranteeing special visas if they invest in certain projects. In addition, a briefing was held that was attended by diplomats to push Trump properties.

Trump had a right to be cleared publicly if he was not personally under investigation He also is correct that it was a cloud over his administration and he owed it to the nation and those who elected Trump to enact his campaign promises. The Democrats were piggybacking off of this investigation and milking it for the very fact that there was ambiguity and they were going to tell the voters in 2018 with certainty that Trump is guilty, even though they probably know there's little there.

I am not a lawyer or an investigating officer, but I don't see this as being obstruction. All presidents make requests of their agencies, if not them then the DOJ does. If someone is going to tell me that the former administration didn't interfere in the Clinton investigation than I have a bridge for sale. Her crimes dwarf anything that Trump has done, unless some evidence comes out to prove otherwise.

Therefore, if she was not up for charges, there is a far greater case that there was obstruction in her case, especially considering how much she has profited financially from her position, than surely Trump is not.

Someone in his administration? Maybe. Trump himself? I don't believe so at this point, not even close.

Trump did not have a right to be cleared publicly. Comey made the point that he decided not to make a public declaration now because he might have to make another announcement if things changed. Watergate did not start with the President but ended there. The trouble is that Republicans did not receive a mandate. For example, exit polls showed that voters did not want a wall built. It was a anti-Clinton vote. The AHCA is more unpopular than Obamacare. After Democrats passed Obamacare which was unpopular, Democrats lost the House and Senate. History could repeat itself with the House.

Trump asked the FBI to stop a investigation. That in itself fits my definition of obstruction of justice. A former Watergate counsel lays out how Comey's statement fits obstruction of justice.

Trump is profiting. He has not severed his business ties so he still profits from it. He steered business to his companies and used campaign money to do it. He even raised the rent. As President, every time he goes to his Florida resort, taxpayers pay money to his resort so they can protect him. In addition, Kushner has been guaranteeing special visas if they invest in certain projects. In addition, a briefing was held that was attended by diplomats to push Trump properties.

Dang, you must watch CNN 24/7, is your last name Copper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An FBI director should never be loyal to the President, and Comey had a 10 year job (unless fired) so why was he fired, for being a showboat??

Any new member and all members of Trump admin is loyal to him, not the country or people that pay their salaries, and the new FBI director would have to be crooked if loyal to Trump first. One can't trust anyone that DT hires, no one.

You should write comedy

The Marines of Beirut shed a tear.

Is it shocking that liberals think someone asking for loyalty is a crime? Most of them don't have jobs or spouses, after all.

It is a bizarre act of a President

First off....loyalty is EARNED
Secondly, Government officials are loyal to their country not a President

Conservatives are arguing over semantics

While Trump, himself, may not be under investigation (at this time)

There is no question that key members of his staff and family are under investigation. That investigation will determine how much involvement Trump had in their actions

Leftists everywhere called Trump a liar when he proclaimed that he wasn't being investigated.

Comey told him that he wasn't. Trump isn't a liar. Our press and the alphabet agency heads are.

"I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump. I reminded him I had previously told him that. He repeatedly told me, “We need to get that fact out.”

"Trump’s termination letter to Comey is correct even by Comey’s own admission: On at least three occasions, Comey confirmed that Trump wasn’t being investigated for collusion himself. That’s a superb headline for a White House that was understandably nervous about tomorrow’s testimony."

"An interesting aside from Comey: He says he began immediately memorializing his meetings with Trump in memos after that January 6 meeting, something he’d never felt the urge to do after meeting with Obama."

Comey's prepared testimony: Trump is correct, I told him he wasn't under investigation; Update: "I need loyalty, I expect loyalty" - Hot Air

Comeys time line seems off to. Comey knew he was already busted for telling lies, but it seems like he diddnt think it through. Whatever. He is another political animal and nothing more. He will be forgotten in two weeks.

Forum List

Back