Conversations with 25 of the smartest voices on climate, security, energy, and peace

And in other news intelligent people of the world discover that weather is not really evil it's just part of the atmosphere of the planet. But then they are not getting grant money to claim the end is nigh.

holy crap the sea level rose eight inches in 145 years. yep panic time is here, because it is obvious the sea never rose before the entire earlier years right? is that really going to be your position? LOL

from your article:

"See the disappearing islands >
According to the EPA, global sea level has risen by eight inches since 1870. This change is already affecting many low lying islands that have had to adapt. Some populations are moving to higher areas, or are trying to buy land from other countries to migrate its citizens, and some have even developed new ways of farming to protect their agriculture."

BTW, if the islands disappeared, how can we see them?

Another interesting piece from the article:

"Tegua
The United Nations declared the approximately 100 residents of Tegua, part of the Torres Strait Islands located in the South Pacific, the first climate change refugees in 2005.

Much of the flooding was because the island sunk nearly five inches between 1997 and 2009, but the sea level also rose, causing about a quarter of the flooding."

"Solomon Islands
The Solomon Islands are east of Papua New Guinea, and have a population of 584,578. A team of French researchers have been monitoring the island of Vanikoro, part of the 992 islands that make up the island chain, because they think it is slowly sinking.

The team placed a survey marker a safe distance from the beach, and seven years later it was underwater. After what is know about Tegua the researchers found that along with rising sea levels, this particular island is also sinking."

Sinking and sunk, not sea rise, sinking and sunk and I just laugh. Seriously you can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
Like I said in my "solution" thread, If these nattering moonbats really "think" (something they're clearly not capable of )

if they really "think" that their CO2 is causing some sort of catastrophe, why aren't they out in the woods living as prehistoric hunter-gatherers or simply getting a clear plastic bag, putting it over their heads and sealing it off with duct tape around their necks?

I can promise them that after about 12 hours, they will never have to feel bad about their "carbon footprint" again.

They would also be doing the genepool a favor.

I'll say it again, these are the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet.

hey Pete, how about a solution to their problem. Where is it? I want to know their resolution.

Edit: I'd like to know how they're going to stop a hurricane, or severe storm, or a flood. I'm dying laughing inside picturing them all standing out tied to a tree or something and protesting the events as they happen with signs that say ---"STOP CO2".

Last edited:
hey Pete, how about a solution to their problem. Where is it? I want to know their resolution.

Edit: I'd like to know how they're going to stop a hurricane, or severe storm, or a flood. I'm dying laughing inside picturing them all standing out tied to a tree or something and protesting the events.

Their "solutions" are always the same. Tax or regulate businesses they don't like, such as oil until it's completely without profit and has to be nationalized or shut down.

Look at rail roads. There are no private passenger rail lines anymore, and a ticket costs more than flying. They've regulated it to a point where it had to be nationalized and it has never been profitable in spite of insane prices. If you privatized it, deregulated it, then all the people sick of getting molested by TSA might opt for train travel if it was priced competetively.

It's always someone else, specifically anyone with a dollar more than they have that has to pay for their bullshit. They never stand the fuck up, walk out in the woods and live the sort of spartan existence they tell us we should embrace.

Fuck these stupid parasites.

One solution would be to have every human hold their breath 30 seconds one time a day.

One solution would be to have every human hold their breath 30 seconds one time a day.

Nope, the bed wetters are sure they know what the problem is, let them solve it themselves. A 12 hour plastic gas retention system will do the trick.

Edit: I'd like to know how they're going to stop a hurricane, or severe storm, or a flood. I'm dying laughing inside picturing them all standing out tied to a tree or something and protesting the events.

Their "solutions" are always the same. Tax or regulate businesses they don't like, such as oil until it's completely without profit and has to be nationalized or shut down.

Look at rail roads. There are no private passenger rail lines anymore, and a ticket costs more than flying. They've regulated it to a point where it had to be nationalized and it has never been profitable in spite of insane prices. If you privatized it, deregulated it, then all the people sick of getting molested by TSA might opt for train travel if it was priced competetively.

It's always someone else, specifically anyone with a dollar more than they have that has to pay for their bullshit. They never stand the fuck up, walk out in the woods and live the sort of spartan existence they tell us we should embrace.

so being sort of a smartass I will, but tell me leftists, how do money cuts stop mean old CO2?

:clap:

Speaking of stupid parasites...Hi Pete.

Hey, tax the oil companies. What a great idea. :clap:

There are so few private passenger trains in the U.S. not because of regulations, but because everyone wants their own private transportation system, aka, cars. Many on the left would welcome more emphasis on public transportation, and in fact, have tried to get such projects funded. It isn't the left that is fighting such projects.

:clap:

There are so few private passenger trains in the U.S. not because of regulations, but because everyone wants their own private transportation system, aka, cars. Many on the left would welcome more emphasis on public transportation, and in fact, have tried to get such projects funded. It isn't the left that is fighting such projects.
What is it that people are fighting? Government funding? is that it perhaps? Does the government pay for the airlines and airports?

Correction bed wetter, there are NO private passenger trainlines, because libtard fools like you destroyed them. The "public" Amtrak system has never been profitable, it's a waste of money. The cost of a ticket is outrageous in the first place.

You assholes already tax and regulate the shit out of oil. The next step is nationalizing it. I can see it already. $10 per gallon and it would still run in the red.

BTW, if the 25 assholes in your OP are "the smartest" people involved with climate change, then it's no suprise that bed wetters like you look uber stupid.

Correction bed wetter, there are NO private passenger trainlines, because libtard fools like you destroyed them.

They DID?!?!? That's an interesting take. Cause the general consensus of the experts is that it failed because it couldn't make a profit and it couldn't make a profit because people wanted to use their cars. Why not blame it on Eisenhower for building our wonderful interstate system? You'd be closer to the truth. Now, if you'd like to explain your reasoning to say it failed because of liberals like Orogenicman, I'd really like to hear it. I have to agree with him that there's been a great deal more support from the left for public transportation than their's been from the right.

The "public" Amtrak system has never been profitable, it's a waste of money. The cost of a ticket is outrageous in the first place.

And this means... what?

You assholes already tax and regulate the shit out of oil. The next step is nationalizing it. I can see it already. $10 per gallon and it would still run in the red.

The first state gasoline tax began in 1919 in Oregon. Federal taxes began in 1932. How much have we moved towards a nationalized petroleum industry since then? Can you point out some of the nationalization milestones?

BTW, if the 25 assholes in your OP are "the smartest" people involved with climate change, then it's no suprise that bed wetters like you look uber stupid.

That would be what is known as an unsubstantiated assertion. It's just like me saying "My car can go 200 mph". Do you think that's true? Should you? BTW, besides being exceptionally stupid, you're quite an asshole.

Forum List

Back