cops force pepper spray down the throats of UC davis students

Across the country, violent attacks on cops have increased. Deaths by cops due to shootings has increased. Ambushes on cops have increased. Plus, attacks on regular citizens have increased with bigger guns (like Columbine). Terrorists have rooted themselves into our society, and are in all our major cities waiting to attack. Assault weapons have become widespread, and drug cartels in Mexico are being allowed to flow in at will, even given machine guns by Obama.

And people wonder WHY our cops have morphed from Andy Griffith to the paramilitary model? Their job is to protect us. NOT to go in at a disadvantage to the criminal. I fully support them carrying all the body armor and weapons they reasonably need to combat the above evolution in criminal situations in America.

BTW, if moron lefties had any clue about weapons, they'd know how much SAFER it is to have an M4 "assault rifle" in the hands of a cop than a pistol or shotgun. I wont let them know, I'll await moronic responses. But in a Columbine, VA Tech or mall shooting, that rifle is enormously safer for the average citizen than a pistol or shotgun.

One last thing.......liberals are for "progress". They want us to progress to the society's of Europe and the rest of the world, right?

Look at cops in Germany. Russia. Spain. Brazil. China. Japan. Australia.

They are not Andy Griffith. They are tough. For a reason.

Liberals are just pissed because the cops are the only people who've ever told them what to do. Parents didn't do it. They never played sports. Liberals just can't handle authority being placed over them, but they desperately desire authority being given to them.

Across the country, violent attacks on cops have increased. Deaths by cops due to shootings has increased. Ambushes on cops have increased. Plus, attacks on regular citizens have increased with bigger guns (like Columbine). Terrorists have rooted themselves into our society, and are in all our major cities waiting to attack. Assault weapons have become widespread, and drug cartels in Mexico are being allowed to flow in at will, even given machine guns by Obama.

And people wonder WHY our cops have morphed from Andy Griffith to the paramilitary model? Their job is to protect us. NOT to go in at a disadvantage to the criminal. I fully support them carrying all the body armor and weapons they reasonably need to combat the above evolution in criminal situations in America.
When cops are dealing with the kind of threats you've described there is a need for SWAT responses. But when have you seen or heard of such armed confrontations? All I've seen and heard about are unnecessary raids on defenseless and/or innocent citizens and the kind of thing we're seeing in the news today: SWAT cops spraying passive students with pepper gas.

Tell us your thoughts about this:
http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/balko_whitepaper_2006.pdf

And this:
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

All of which ultimately evolves into what happens when the SWAT troops confront students. And if something isn't done it can only get worse.

One last thing.......liberals are for "progress". They want us to progress to the society's of Europe and the rest of the world, right?

Look at cops in Germany. Russia. Spain. Brazil. China. Japan. Australia.

They are not Andy Griffith. They are tough. For a reason.

Liberals are just pissed because the cops are the only people who've ever told them what to do. Parents didn't do it. They never played sports. Liberals just can't handle authority being placed over them, but they desperately desire authority being given to them.

i think it would be awesome if we had cops like the ones in russia.

they are not barney fife, that's fer dang sure

When cops are dealing with the kind of threats you've described there is a need for SWAT responses. But when have you seen or heard of such armed confrontations? All I've seen and heard about are unnecessary raids on defenseless and/or innocent citizens and the kind of thing we're seeing in the news today: SWAT cops spraying passive students with pepper gas.

And this:

All of which ultimately evolves into what happens when the SWAT troops confront students. And if something isn't done it can only get worse.
You're an idiot......"When have you heard or scene such confrontaions?"

Right here, dipshit, in the following......And the potential for it happening again is very high. And these were just two yokels in full body armor, with zero military training. The first cops on the scene had nothing but sidearms and shotguns......Imagine what trained cartel members, or trained terrorists could do......And you wonder why police agencies across the country are taking a more militaristic approach?

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-cMIVNntHs[/ame]
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrlUsaYlKPs[/ame]

Get a fuckin' clue, idiot!

Last edited:

And this:

You obviously have no fucking clue about police operations.

Columbine was a disaster for several reasons. 1 was that SWAT teams typically have a 30 minute window. Local Columbine cops had "Andy Griffith" equipment, and couldn't enter and engage the heavier firepower. They waited. People died. Same with Virginia Tech. The day of "Active Shooters" are here, and the typical patrol cop must be equipped, and trained, to be similar to an aggressive military style operator to engage and end the threat quickly rather than wait 30 minutes for SWAT and hope not too many people die.

As for when I've heard of such armed encounters, just check PoliceOne.com, Officer.com or the national officer down memorial page. These armed confrontations with heavily armed men happen all the time.

The UC-Davis guy was NOT a SWAT cop. UC-Davis likely has no swat team. He was in riot gear, aka as crowd control gear.

If you want my opinion on horrible accidents in the swat world, well, I hate them. It's awful. And yes, horrible things happen when lots of crime meet the society's heavily armed response to attempt to control it. Horrible awful accidents. And, rarely, purposeful stuff where the cop deserves prosecution. BUT, thankfully, that is a TINY percentage of swat operations, and American SWAT teams are the elite in the world and do an outstanding job.

And this:

Right here, dipshit, in the following......And the potential for it happening again is very high. And these were just two yokels in full body armor, with zero military training. The first cops on the scene had nothing but sidearms and shotguns......Imagine what trained cartel members, or trained terrorists could do......And you wonder why police agencies across the country are taking a more militaristic approach?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-cMIVNntHs]Bank robbers (North Hollywood California) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrlUsaYlKPs]1997 North Hollywood Shootout News Coverage - YouTube[/ame]

THANK YOU Jester.

Cops get so little support lately. Yes, bad mistakes happen. But society is changing. Cops aren't the military. But are more and more found in need of military training and weapons to combat some elements of the criminal world.

North Hollwyood, Columbine, VA Tech are prime examples. The countless ambushes that go unhyped are too. AK47's are so common vs cops these days. I dont have the video, but one CA cop was gunned down by an ex-Marine with an AK who used combat techniques of the military and the patrol cop was just no match. SWAT guys later got him. But some are just in denial that domestic cops need this type of weaponry and training. They want an Andy Griffith mindset and dress, while also possessing the abilities of a superhero when they need them.

And this:

You obviously have no fucking clue about police operations.

Columbine was a disaster for several reasons. 1 was that SWAT teams typically have a 30 minute window. Local Columbine cops had "Andy Griffith" equipment, and couldn't enter and engage the heavier firepower. They waited. People died. Same with Virginia Tech. The day of "Active Shooters" are here, and the typical patrol cop must be equipped, and trained, to be similar to an aggressive military style operator to engage and end the threat quickly rather than wait 30 minutes for SWAT and hope not too many people die.

As for when I've heard of such armed encounters, just check PoliceOne.com, Officer.com or the national officer down memorial page. These armed confrontations with heavily armed men happen all the time.

The UC-Davis guy was NOT a SWAT cop. UC-Davis likely has no swat team. He was in riot gear, aka as crowd control gear.

If you want my opinion on horrible accidents in the swat world, well, I hate them. It's awful. And yes, horrible things happen when lots of crime meet the society's heavily armed response to attempt to control it. Horrible awful accidents. And, rarely, purposeful stuff where the cop deserves prosecution. BUT, thankfully, that is a TINY percentage of swat operations, and American SWAT teams are the elite in the world and do an outstanding job.
This is the first wake up call that showed how police in this country were seriously outgunned......Going up against two yokels with full auto AK-47'S, and ankle to neck body armor.....The first cops on scene had nothing more then their sidearms and shotguns.....Not anymore. There's a full auto M-16 in the trunk of every LAPD patrol car these days, and every officer is trained how to use 'em......Good for them!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-cMIVNntHs]Bank robbers (North Hollywood California) - YouTube[/ame]

The fact that no civilians or cops were killed is friggin' amazing.....Although a few were seriously wounded.

And this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrlUsaYlKPs]1997 North Hollywood Shootout News Coverage - YouTube[/ame]

THANK YOU Jester.

Cops get so little support lately. Yes, bad mistakes happen. But society is changing. Cops aren't the military. But are more and more found in need of military training and weapons to combat some elements of the criminal world.

North Hollwyood, Columbine, VA Tech are prime examples. The countless ambushes that go unhyped are too. AK47's are so common vs cops these days. I dont have the video, but one CA cop was gunned down by an ex-Marine with an AK who used combat techniques of the military and the patrol cop was just no match. SWAT guys later got him. But some are just in denial that domestic cops need this type of weaponry and training. They want an Andy Griffith mindset and dress, while also possessing the abilities of a superhero when they need them.
I lived just 4 miles from that shootout, in Burbank at the time......I went and drove through that area just a couple o' days afterwards......It was like a friggin' war zone with all the bullet holes......There wasn't a building in the entire area that didn't have huge amounts of bullet holes in it.

The fact that no civilians or cops were killed is friggin' amazing.....Although a few were seriously wounded.

Very true. I worked for years as a cop with ATL PD. And we saw countless videos of these type things, in the US and oversees. I got out about a year after Columbine, and that changed SWAT/patrol operations drastically. North Holly changed equipment and got rifles on the road. Columbine changed tactics. After Columbine, PD's realized two things:

- We are outgunned, and have to keep getting rifles.
- SWAT is gonna take to long to respond to active shootings of innocent people.

We are seeing a steady change. It's less often hostages now, and more often just madmen going on killing sprees. So the patrol cop MUST go in immediately, and draw fire. If they're shooting at US, they AREN'T shooting innocents. But, we gotta have armor and weapons, AND training. Lots of SWAT and basic academy tactics are straight out of the Army and USMC small unit movements, tactics, etc.

And a side not of that...lots of citizens hate the image of the M16 on streets. But in a mass killing spree like VA Tech, or like the Salt Lake City mall, there will be hundreds of innocent people and 1 or 2 bad guys. With a glock pistol at 40 yards, the cop likely misses and the bullet will KEEP GOING somehwere. The M16 wont miss. The thread ends quicker, and less likely a bullet goes astray. It's not like the movies. Cops dont make 100 yard shots with 1 hand while jumping into the open window of a Porsche.

But I'm sure you and any military guy will agree: It's impossible to train someone to have the mindset of running into gunfire, but expect them to be a pansy pushover the rest of the time. Tough, brave men are just that, and we can't make them be Barney Fife if they aren't wired that way.

Bank robbers (North Hollywood California) - YouTube
1997 North Hollywood Shootout News Coverage - YouTube

THANK YOU Jester.

I lived just 4 miles from that shootout, in Burbank at the time......I went and drove through that area just a couple o' days afterwards......It was like a friggin' war zone with all the bullet holes......There wasn't a building in the entire area that didn't have huge amounts of bullet holes in it.

Thankfully, the bad guys just knew "Spray and pray". The cops were massively outgunned, but their training did them well and they took cover perfectly. The engine blocks of the Crown Vic stops a lot of rounds.

A book about Columbine came out and I read it. Early in that massacre, a patrol cop saw Eric Harris and Harris fired one shot at him from outside the building. I think they had shot 1 person at the time. The cop took a long distance shot with a pistol but missed. I hate thinking if he only had a rifle.

THANK YOU Jester.

Thankfully, the bad guys just knew "Spray and pray". The cops were massively outgunned, but their training did them well and they took cover perfectly. The engine blocks of the Crown Vic stops a lot of rounds.

A book about Columbine came out and I read it. Early in that massacre, a patrol cop saw Eric Harris and Harris fired one shot at him from outside the building. I think they had shot 1 person at the time. The cop took a long distance shot with a pistol but missed. I hate thinking if he only had a rifle.
There's a rinky dink lil' key shop just across the street from the entrance of the BofA on Laurel Canyon blvd......There happened to be a couple o' LAPD detectives investigating a stolen car or burglary at the shop when the call came out that there was a 211 in progress at the bank. All of a sudden the detectives saw those two guys exit the bank with their guns, and the detectives engaged 'em. They didn't have a chance. Those dudes opened up on that lil' key shop and just ripped it to shreds. All the detectives could do was hit the ground behind it. One took a round to the back as she was lying there, and I believe the other took a round to the leg.....After that, the responding units started arriving and it was game on.....I'll never forget watching it happen on live TV. It was something else.

Last edited:

There's a rinky dink lil' key shop just across the street from the entrance of the BofA on Laurel Canyon blvd......There happened to be a couple o' LAPD detectives investigating a stolen car or burglary at the shop when the call came out that there was a 211 in progress at the bank. All of a sudden the detectives saw those two guys exit the bank with their guns, and the detectives engaged 'em. They didn't have a chance. Those dudes opened up on that lil' key shop and just ripped it to shreds. All the detectives could do was hit the ground behind it. One took a round to the back as she was lying there, and I believe the other took a round to the leg.....After that, the responding units started arriving and it was game on.....I'll never forget watching it happen on live TV. It was something else.

The tragic Pittsburgh PD incident a few years ago where 4 swat guys were killed was just as bad. The video is not public, but a friend I still have in police work has it as a training device. They went through over 8,000 rounds in the incident. Guy in house had several AK's and large rifles. The house was very old, and had the thick 4 foot concrete, so the 5.56 rounds just weren't penetrating. A SWAT sniper about 200 yards away detected a rhythm- the guy had a pattern of windows he'd move to and fire from. Sniper timed it up, and when he had the shot, he fired a .308 through the damn AK!! It scared the guy and he surrendered. Tragic. But just another example of the changing dynamics of that job.

A few cops do some dumb shit. But the "99%" of them are so underappreciated.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Defense-Technology-56895-Stream-Pepper/product-reviews/B0058EOAUE/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending]Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Defense Technology 56895 MK-9 Stream, 1.3% Red Band/1.3% Blue Band Pepper Spray[/ame]

Just going by what most people have been telling me lately. They can point out many incidents where the Police have harassed them for even the most trivial reasons. But they can't seem to point out very many times they were helped by Police. This constant harassment is wearing thin on the People. Not enough 'Protecting & Serving' anymore. Just seems like a whole lot of oppression instead.

their existence obviously prevents violence and chaos. The police brutality thing is so shamelessly overblown, and perpetuated by the left, it's despicable.
It's true that police serve an essential purpose in society. It's also true that police brutality is not presently a commonplace problem -- mainly because the vast majority of Americans are law-abiding and, except for traffic violations, have little to no contact or dealing with police. But those of us who have been around for awhile are aware of the militarization of police in America and their gradual detachment from the local social order.

Cops no longer walk beats and relate to local citizens on a personal level. Today they are anonymous. They ride in computer-equipped patrol cars and come in contact with citizens only during traffic stops, criminal investigations or emergencies. The effect of this detachment has been gradual transition from a personal (human) interaction to that of impersonal distance with authoritarian overtones deriving mainly from an endless flow of imaginative police melodrama in movies and on tv.

The effect of the authoritarian mystique associated with the contemporary police image depends on the individual citizen's personal makeup. The authoritarian personality tends to glorify police, some to the extreme level of being sexually aroused by the idea of aggressive and/or brutal police conduct, while the more ordinary individual tends to have a realistic awareness of the oppressive potential of today's militarized and impersonal version of what once was "Officer Joe." They are pre-consciously aware that what once was the familiar and friendly "beat" cop has morphed into this:

g20cops.jpg

And those who are not yet aware of the serious danger inherent in the militarization of America's new police should visit the following website and have a closer look at the new reality:

:confused::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back