Corona virus fatigue

My local government has gone off the deep end.

Public schools are now closed for the rest of the month and all the school sports practice and games are cancelled until further notice.
Everything is closed until April. Why April?

Because the hoaxers can't keep it going beyond that. Americans have a short attention span. When people aren't dying in the streets and the rumors are found to be baseless life will go back to normal until the next democrat hoax.

The greatest danger is that we cannot stop the flood of democrat lies.

Trump is not sending the army to close all the stores. Trump had not rounded up and put all the truck drivers in quarantine. The dollar has not crashed and is worthless. Iran did not cut off our oil.

None of that is true.

I used to enjoy watching TV news shows about what's going around the world.and posting on internet forums.

But now all they do is talk about the corona virus here in the US and other countries 24/7

It's become information overload and quite frankly just boring. ... :cool:

My thoughts exactly, SM.

The media didn't make this much of a big deal during the Black Death, an event that cause many more deaths than the current pestilence.

I don't know who the Rachel Maddow of the 14th Century was, but they just weren't as excited about their pestilence as they are in the current day. I think the difference was that the media wasn't so keen on trying to blame Edward III for it

Interestingly enough, the CFR, which is a think tank composed of democrats and republicans, has an author that published a piece in Foreign Policy that has implied that perhaps, maybe, we should just cancel our traditional campaigning and elections? :dunno:

. . . maybe we should just crown Biden president, ya think that is what is suggested?

It’s Time to Cancel the U.S. Presidential Campaign as We Know It
From party conventions to in-person voting, the coronavirus pandemic has made traditional election activities into deadly gambles.

". . . The United States can’t afford to follow the ayatollah’s example, holding national elections as its epidemic soars. The government can’t tell the people to avoid public gatherings, work from home, stay away from school, all the while holding gigantic political rallies and conventions. We must swiftly abandon the old way of garnering voters, and invent a new, less contagious one. Time is not on our side."

Laurie Garrett is a former senior fellow for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations and a Pulitzer Prize winning science writer.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and for some reason people are buying toilet paper, bottles of water, and bags of rice by the shopping cart full.. The shelves of those items were almost empty by 10am in the morning.

People seem to be in a panic even though there hasn't been a single case of corona virus within 500 miles. ... :cuckoo:
Same here.
You can hardly find some latex gloves...people are panicking :eek-52:
President Biden will make it all go away

If you make him president, I assure you, the media will forget all about the contagion in their celebrations.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and for some reason people are buying toilet paper, bottles of water, and bags of rice by the shopping cart full.. The shelves of those items were almost empty by 10am in the morning.

People seem to be in a panic even though there hasn't been a single case of corona virus within 500 miles. ... :cuckoo:
Same here.
Obvious sarcasm.
Not sure. This media driven hysteria WILL stop if you elect a Democrat. Not kidding about that.

Same here.
Obvious sarcasm.
Not sure. This media driven hysteria WILL stop if you elect a Democrat. Not kidding about that.
Absolutely. The media loves Democrats. But there is no electable Democrat this go round.

Interestingly enough, the CFR, which is a think tank composed of democrats and republicans, has an author that published a piece in Foreign Policy that has implied that perhaps, maybe, we should just cancel our traditional campaigning and elections? :dunno:

. . . maybe we should just crown Biden president, ya think that is what is suggested?

From party conventions to in-person voting, the coronavirus pandemic has made traditional election activities into deadly gambles.

". . . The United States can’t afford to follow the ayatollah’s example, holding national elections as its epidemic soars. The government can’t tell the people to avoid public gatherings, work from home, stay away from school, all the while holding gigantic political rallies and conventions. We must swiftly abandon the old way of garnering voters, and invent a new, less contagious one. Time is not on our side."

Laurie Garrett is a former senior fellow for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations and a Pulitzer Prize winning science writer.
It is part of the democrat attack on the Constitution. Especially the first amendment. This time the freedom of assembly clause.

I'm not surprised Italy is in such a pickle. They've never had their act together on anything.

The U.S. has the best medical minds in the world, and the resources to address the threat. ... :thup:

Says yee. Thousands of years and Italy is still busy teaching people what national security looks like.

da463b095c798e1eb3101e8913be84ef.jpg

Watching the news constantly is stupid anyway. Just wash your hands and keep out of crowds. Have food for few weeks and... toilet paper. Not difficult...

Women are less likely to die from corona virus than men and mostly men are trying to flee to Greece and the European epicenter any way how that will turn out in a good way escapes me

Same here.
Obvious sarcasm.
The hysteria won't last until November. It will be over by April. Some people will lose their jobs, some will have severe disruption in their lives. Some who really need medical care won't be able to get it. When people stop accepting this hoax, how bad will the backfire on democrats be?

The hysteria won't last until November. It will be over by April. Some people will lose their jobs, some will have severe disruption in their lives. Some who really need medical care won't be able to get it. When people stop accepting this hoax, how bad will the backfire on democrats be?
It will end with Trump even more popular and the Democrats looking like petty fools once again. ... :cool:

Last edited:

It is part of the democrat attack on the Constitution. Especially the first amendment. This time the freedom of assembly clause.

I actually have to go to the grocery store. :(

My son sent me a pic last night from the grocery store at Walmart and the canned vegetable section is empty.

But, I don't need anything from that section.

They want everyone running around in circles waving their hands in the air yelling we are all going to die.

Some of it is the hopes that it can be used against Trump to make a bad democrat hopeful look viable or at the very least keep some voters hiding under the stairs.
I think they care about keeping the public informed about why entire countries are banning travel, why large groups are being quarantined, why major sport events and conferences and concerts and political rallies are being canceled, and why schools are being closed. Inform them about how to identify the virus, what to do. Sorry if you’re bored
Oh I am not bored, I am laughing at the complete meltdown all of the clowns are having over a virus that has just barely killed 50 in this country and Trumps response to it. While the common every day virus kills over a thousand each year and things like the swine flue killed over a thousand.
Then we have a country like Italy that is in terrible shape and wanting to determine who lives by how old they are because they are single payer. We have people that can't wait for us to have single payer so we will have less hospitals and when pandemics hit we can then make those choices.
We even have people on this board praying that Trump and Pence die from the virus.
No not bored at all. Just understand what common sense will get compared to feelings.

My son sent me a pic last night from the grocery store at Walmart and the canned vegetable section is empty.

I went yesterday.

To several stores actually.

I needed TP. :71:

The main store I go to was running low on frozen pizza, canned fruit, dried noodles, rice, canned soup, canned fruit, cheese, loaves of bread, cheese, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, carrots, out of TP. . .

That store had a recent delivery of water. But folks kept taking it.

. . . I am primarily a vegetarian, but will occasionally have a meal of meat. I glanced at the fresh meat area, it was bare.

I didn't need coffee, but I have been told that is running low too.

I used to enjoy watching TV news shows about what's going around the world.and posting on internet forums.

But now all they do is talk about the corona virus here in the US and other countries 24/7

ridiculous by every measure. not to be an ass, but now you're talking about it. just funnen

and the media is doing nicely at fanning the flames of panic...
Dresdan is fricking idiot. Even Trump said, today, the media is doing well. Dumb, dumb people like this idiot are the ones that are fanning the flames of what this virus will do to our country.

I went yesterday.

To several stores actually.

I needed TP. :71:

The main store I go to was running low on frozen pizza, canned fruit, dried noodles, rice, canned soup, canned fruit, cheese, loaves of bread, cheese, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, carrots, out of TP. . .

That store had a recent delivery of water. But folks kept taking it.

. . . I am primarily a vegetarian, but will occasionally have a meal of meat. I glanced at the fresh meat area, it was bare.

I didn't need coffee, but I have been told that is running low too.

I definitely need coffee. There reportedly is a very bare fresh fruits, fresh meats. But, I bought one of those monster packs of toilet paper about two weeks ago. So.........we are good on that end.

Forum List

Back