Corona virus likely to be gone soon in US

:21: 63%?

You better check your math there, Pythagoras
John Hopkins is actually responsible for that fearmongering.
Johns hopkins, if you want to blame anyone. But how the fuck is jhu to blame for worldometer putting out data?
They are the ones actually putting that map out worldometer is using.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 vs. the Flu
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, people do not have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working on estimating the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be higher than that of most strains of the flu.

*This information comes from the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases map developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.
Yeah. I guess everyone interested knows this tool by now. But where is the link to worldometer putting out shitty numbers like cited above leading to a death rate of 63%. That is prima facie bullshit.
Click on my link from John Hopkins. It shows the same thing! Lol
Yeah. I gave you the courtesy and checked both links.nowhere did i find a ratio of dead/recovered

US death rate calculated at less than 0.1% now and likely going down faster soon. Finding safe investments will get more difficult when that happens. How big do you expect the boom to get?
I hope you're right.

But I think you're an idiot.

When my kids were little and had ear infections we gave them zpack like candy and it killed it.
Okay, but antibiotics treat bacterial infections,not viral infections. So I am still awaiting a decent explanation of why a zpack would have any efficacy whatsoever against covid-19. I have looked, like I said, and I can't seem to find anything.

It also helps prevent seizures and no one knows why.

I don't know what AM radio ass summa y'all continue to pull this from but the US death rate, at the moment, is 63%.

He is referring to resolved cases.
Yeah, but that is a work in progress.completely unreliable

Yep, been saying that all along. it's not reasonable to expect it will settle at 64% but what it will settle at is an unknown. Going by the entire world statistics it's a mortality rate of about 12%. Thus far. That has to settle too.

What these wankers are doing is dividjng number of deaths into number of cases, which is conflating a known with an unknown. That tells you literally nothing. And it requires the ass-umption that suddenly, in spite of all previous evidence to the contrary, starting immediately all active cases will recover with no deaths at all.

John Hopkins is actually responsible for that fearmongering.
Johns hopkins, if you want to blame anyone. But how the fuck is jhu to blame for worldometer putting out data?
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, people do not have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working on estimating the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be higher than that of most strains of the flu.

*This information comes from the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases map developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.
Yeah. I guess everyone interested knows this tool by now. But where is the link to worldometer putting out shitty numbers like cited above leading to a death rate of 63%. That is prima facie bullshit.
Yeah. I gave you the courtesy and checked both links.nowhere did i find a ratio of dead/recovered
Yep, it was there. It is now gone. Wish I had done a screen shot. But I promise it was there, right under the total recovered number on the right.
That’s what pissed me off. I showed it to my husband, too.
For what ever reason it was removed, it’s a good thing they did.

Yep, it was there. It is now gone. Wish I had done a screen shot. But I promise it was there, right under the total recovered number on the right.
That’s what pissed me off. I showed it to my husband, too.
For what ever reason it was removed, it’s a good thing they did.
Oh sure.

I don't know what AM radio ass summa y'all continue to pull this from but the US death rate, at the moment, is 63%.

The actual mortality rate for the Chinese Wuhan Virus in the US is between 1.4% to 2%, which is far lower than the Flu.

Looks like the Democrats are gonna have to come up with a new disease or something.
One in fifty people dies of the flu? Are you sure of that?

He is referring to resolved cases.
Yeah, but that is a work in progress.completely unreliable

Yep, been saying that all along. it's not reasonable to expect it will settle at 64% but what it will settle at is an unknown. Going by the entire world statistics it's a mortality rate of about 12%. Thus far. That has to settle too.

What these wankers are doing is dividjng number of deaths into number of cases, which is conflating a known with an unknown. That tells you literally nothing. And it requires the ass-umption that suddenly, in spite of all previous evidence to the contrary, starting immediately all active cases will recover with no deaths at all.
Then consider the audience and don't spread these numbers, though technically correct (the best kind of correct)

The actual mortality rate for the Chinese Wuhan Virus in the US is between 1.4% to 2%, which is far lower than the Flu.

Looks like the Democrats are gonna have to come up with a new disease or something.

The actual mortality rate has yet to be established --- it can't be without sufficient time --- but at the moment it's running at 64%. It went up a bit. As I and my link just laid out. What's 301 divided by 472 on your planet?
You are intelligent enough to know that at this point in the starting wave, this number is completely without merit.

Yes --- AGAIN, been saying that all along.

One in fifty people dies of the flu? Are you sure of that?
Who has to be sure to spout? See our president. Who has to even halfass know taking his example?

All I asked is how many cases you Personally know of..
And all I am doing my is trying to contextualize the answers to that question. You don't have to participate. But it makes sense to do so. It's not an attack. Or a challenge.

BTW, my answer was zero.

The actual mortality rate has yet to be established --- it can't be without sufficient time --- but at the moment it's running at 64%. It went up a bit. As I and my link just laid out. What's 301 divided by 472 on your planet?
You are intelligent enough to know that at this point in the starting wave, this number is completely without merit.
And it’s disgraceful to even repeat it.

Dafuk does that even mean? You want the numbers buried?

Look, it was the OP who took the initiative to gurgle up bogus numbers. I corrected them. EVEN THEN with the caveat that the number was at present meaningless. What the fuck do you want here? Fake numbers?

And it’s disgraceful to even repeat it.

Dafuk does that even mean? You want the numbers buried?

Look, it was the OP who took the initiative to gurgle up bogus numbers. I corrected them. EVEN THEN with the caveat that the number was at present meaningless. What the fuck do you want here? Fake numbers?
Numbers that will not cause mass panic when we know they will drop waaaayyyyy down.

Good grief!!!

US death rate calculated at less than 0.1% now and likely going down faster soon. Finding safe investments will get more difficult when that happens. How big do you expect the boom to get?

That figure is certain to plummet given time, and taking into consideration the 24-day incubation period required to be sure those recoveries are clear, but that's what it is right now. 288 dead, 171 Recovered. That's 63%, not by any stretch "less than 0.1".

The good news is that Washington, one of the earliest places to break out, is now reporting more Recoveries than Deaths. (124 versus 83). When the country as a whole sees that trend --- and it will, given enough time ---- THEN we can conclude it "will be gone soon". But putting out this malarkey about "less than 0.1%" is just irresponsible.
We got this....how about a positive attitude for once?....

There's nothing "positive" or "negative" about accuracy. There is however much negative in erroneous bullshit.

Forum List

Back