Could all Religions Come Together?

I'm an evangelical Christian and I don't "insist" you believe the way I do. That's first.

Second, Leftists make laws or just circumvent laws because YES, they insist we all live as they do. You are simply bothered by the fact that Christians believe something you don't. So what? If they have no power to do anything in society, I don't care WHAT Leftists believe--climate change, gender bending, whatever. Leave them to it.

But you have a problem leaving Christians to it. It's a you problem.
No, it’s a YOU problem. Stop telling people they need to accept your religion or they’re going to hell. Leave other people alone to believe what THEIR religion teaches.

God absolutely has a plan. The Jews rejecting Christ gave Gentiles the opportunity to be grafted into the Jewish line. I am not demeaning, just explaining. The Jews missed the time of their visit. Next time He shows up on the Mt. of Olives, they will recognize Him and accept Him as their Messiah.
The Muslims will continue to act like wild asses until Christ's return. He will remove the enmity in their hearts.
It's a good plan.

Grafted on? What do Jews say about that nonsense? You speak for God now?

You are simply bothered by the fact that Christians believe something you don't.
As an onlooker, it appears some Evangelicals may be the ones who are bothered that others believe something they do not--or believe not important.

In my opinion it is a sin against God--and presents a travesty of God--that one is in danger of hell by not accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. It suggests that God's love and power is limited and that God builds borders and sets traps for the faithful with other religious/spiritual beliefs. In short, it is our blasphemy against God and His Holy Spirit, not blasphemy from those of other faiths.

Evangelicals and their "personal relationship" while understandable, can also initiate a gag reflex. It suggests that an individual and Jesus are buddies. I believe a better description of a relation with Jesus, with God, is a respectful one where the relationship is one of mentor and student, redeemer/forgiver of those slips we make as we journey through life. It also suggests that you see Jesus only as he relates to you personally, instead of being awed and respectful that we are a flock with one shepherd who is looking out for all.

Grafted on? What do Jews say about that nonsense?
If I were of the Jewish faith, I would remember that Jesus said the (spiritually) healthy have no need of a physician; that he came for those who lost their way (spiritually speaking).

Many, perhaps most, Jews did not miss their time. Christians who expect to be first may be quite amazed at the masses of Jews ahead of them at the front.

If I were of the Jewish faith, I would remember that Jesus said the (spiritually) healthy have no need of a physician; that he came for those who lost their way (spiritually speaking).

Many, perhaps most, Jews did not miss their time. Christians who expect to be first may be quite amazed at the masses of Jews ahead of them at the front.

Good to remember. Thanks. Some people aren't happy unless they are making the other guy wrong.

As an onlooker, it appears some Evangelicals may be the ones who are bothered that others believe something they do not--or believe not important.

In my opinion it is a sin against God--and presents a travesty of God--that one is in danger of hell by not accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. It suggests that God's love and power is limited and that God builds borders and sets traps for the faithful with other religious/spiritual beliefs. In short, it is our blasphemy against God and His Holy Spirit, not blasphemy from those of other faiths.

Evangelicals and their "personal relationship" while understandable, can also initiate a gag reflex. It suggests that an individual and Jesus are buddies. I believe a better description of a relation with Jesus, with God, is a respectful one where the relationship is one of mentor and student, redeemer/forgiver of those slips we make as we journey through life. It also suggests that you see Jesus only as he relates to you personally, instead of being awed and respectful that we are a flock with one shepherd who is looking out for all.

I know Catholics who are Christians.

You are not one of them.

Repent.

this thread is for bringing people together by removing the false barriers that separate them ... the false claim of commandments etched in the heavens, those commandments would be the first and foremost to be removed - used to persecute and victimize the innocent- for that purpose. so a heavenly event would be possible..
Yes, so by the same process it takes to forgive and let go of any conditions that are not universal, you would also forgive and let go and quit harping on that. As long as you hold on to this condition, you are part of the reason it still exists.

BreezeWood

Good to remember. Thanks. Some people aren't happy unless they are making the other guy wrong.
^ such people cancel each other out so the equation is balanced. By organizing people in likeminded groups, we can account for such biases, and their equal opposites, and still coordinate a consensus given these biased groupings.

^ such people cancel each other out so the equation is balanced. By organizing people in likeminded groups, we can account for such biases, and their equal opposites, and still coordinate a consensus given these biased groupings.

That doesn't attract me.

That doesn't attract me.
Then you and your results would be grouped with whatever part of this process does attract your participation.

I have friends who cannot pray with anyone who doesn't meet their same standards of obedience. In order to include such people in the reconciliation process, they would have to group with likeminded people. And not waste time or energy disputing and rejecting others.

When studying the larger animal and plant kingdoms, phylla and subphylla, it makes sense to organize where they branch off from each other. That way, if we figure out a general rule that applies to that group, it can be confirmed faster among all members of that group.

If a leaders of the Buddhists reconciles with a leader among Christians, then all their followers who trust their leaders judgment and explanations can examine the resolution or proposal they reached, and decide if they agree or not. This speeds up the process of representing mass groups of people by organizing them by common beliefs or notating where they disagree and branch off.

No, it’s a YOU problem. Stop telling people they need to accept your religion or they’re going to hell. Leave other people alone to believe what THEIR religion teaches.
That would be fine but some of us are extremely spiritual, and so many man man religions don't have it

Someone who thinks they know better than Jesus the Christ, which is nothing new. It's the way of all heretics.

Jesus mentioned Hell in the Bible more than He did heaven. But of course, YOUR ideas are better.

Nope. Jesus mentioned heaven three times more.

It bothers me when nasty leftists call me a racist for not going along with their narrative, and it bothers me when nasty Christians say I’m going to hell for not going along with THEIR narrative.

In fact, I’ve pointed out that there are similarities between Evangelical Christians and Radical Leftists. Both insist you believe the way they do. No room for a difference of opinion or different perspective, or else!

who's kidding who -

1667745647630.png

when haven't jews used public discord for their own selfish purposes ... the very fabric of the great experiment, new world - in exchange for their desolate, unrepentant land of ceaseless self inflicted turmoil.

Jesus mentioned Hell in the Bible more than He did heaven. But of course, YOUR ideas are better.
Jesus spoke of the Kingdom 192 times, or three times more often than he mentions hell. Add to this all the verses that mention forgiveness and that sins are forgiven.

What is difficult for you to comprehend, Sue, is that my "ideas" come straight out of the Bible. My focus is on the Kingdom and forgiveness, the Good News of the Bible that Jesus asked us to spread throughout the land.

Perhaps you can point to the verses where he specifically asks us to preach hell and damnation? You seem to be asking me to turn from (repent of) spreading the Good News and turn to focusing on hell. I decline.

Forum List

Back