Could all Religions Come Together?

wrong----Jesus did not make the law obsolete.
PAUL DID
Like I said Paul contradicted what Jesus taught in Matt 5:17-20, by claiming that Jesus made the law obsolete.

Again, you disagree with what you agree with. What's up with that? Contrary by nature?

The temple was Jewish, Sweetness. Caiaphas' appointment to the priesthood by a Roman doesn't make the temple Roman.

Now, can you search the NT and tell us where Jesus opposed the Romans? Ignore all the passages about him opposing the Jews (including Caiaphas). Just look for the ones about him opposing the Romans.

I'll wait.
Caiaphas is ROME's rep. Guess what----Jesus is
a product of the Nicene council. I'll wait for you to
search for Q. there are real historic allusions to
Caiaphas and Herod and Pharisees and their conflicts

Caiaphas is ROME's rep. Guess what----Jesus is
a product of the Nicene council. I'll wait for you to
search for Q. there are real historic allusions to
Caiaphas and Herod and Pharisees and their conflicts
Jesus opposed the Jews, not the Romans. It's palstered all over the gospels.

Like I said Paul contradicted what Jesus taught in Matt 5:17-20, by claiming that Jesus made the law obsolete.

Again, you disagree with what you agree with. What's up with that? Contrary by nature?
a little---rosie rosie quite contrary---HOW does
my garden grow?

OH ----they seem to be "abiding" it in Brooklyn,
The Mosaic Law? Really? The priestly ministrations? The animal sacrifices? Charging non-Jews higher interest rates?

Brooklyn Jews are doing all these things and some 600 more without a temple and a priesthood?

Be a dear will, you, and tell them that the war ended nearly 2,000 years ago.

Wrong. Jesus said that he came to bring a sword. In Jeremiah 25:15 the sword is identified as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine, those who drink it "vomit and go mad".

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations," rev. 19:15, "the nations' represent the roman empire.

Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Just art thou, in these thy judgements, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword." Still works like a charm! Bottoms up!

:wine:

Last edited:
The Mosaic Law? Really? The priestly ministrations? The animal sacrifices? Charging non-Jews higher interest rates?

Brooklyn Jews are doing all these things and some 600 more without a temple and a priesthood?

Be a dear will, you, and tell them that the war ended nearly 2,000 years ago.
all of them----the temple was knocked down---
the Pharisees survived. The animal sacrifices
fed the priests and levites IN THE TEMPLE.
World War II ended and the Pharisees survived
that too. The Temple has not ,,,,,yet,,,, been
repaired. -----better luck next time.......dear.
Mortgage rates are controlled by the romans

Mark‘s purpose was not to provide historical accuracy, but to shift the blame to the Jews. The passage (paraphrasing) that “his blood be on us and our children” has, regrettably, been used to persecute Jews for 2000 years. This certainly was not what Jesus would have wanted.

(I think Paul was the real troublemaker, though. Another topic for another thread.)

Mark told the same thing that the rest of them did, which is one way to trust the cohesiveness of the NT. They didn't all sit down together and check each other's notes. They wrote what happened, separately. Their stories mesh. No need to shift anything. Both, Pharisees and Pilate played their part in the death of Christ. And, it is regrettable that the Jews have been persecuted. But that didn't start 2,000 years ago with the advent of Christianity. They were persecuted long, long before that.
God and His chosen, and they are, have had a rocky relationship. To pretend otherwise it would be necessary to erase most of the New and Old Testament. None of it is antisemitic. ALL of it is the History of the Jewish people.
Jesus wanted peace and prosperity for the Jews. It's why He came. He considered the Gentiles as dogs. A Gentile woman changed His mind.

Last edited:
all of them----the temple was knocked down---
the Pharisees survived. The animal sacrifices
fed the priests and levites IN THE TEMPLE.
World War II ended and the Pharisees survived
that too. The Temple has not ,,,,,yet,,,, been
repaired. -----better luck next time.......dear.
Mortgage rates are controlled by the romans
Did the animal sacrifices feed the priests and Levites before or after the temple was knocked down? Did theses elites feed on these sacrifices to the exclusion of others?

What are some of the repairs that the temple needs? Can you show us in a picture?

That’s what the writers of the gospels WANTED people to think. But Jesus did not oppose the Jews: he was a practicing Jew who taught Jewish values.

The gospels were written, in part, to shift blame to the Jews.

What is your source for this?
My own education in Sunday School. Most of what Jesus preached was traditional Jewish values. He had a lot of “Hillel” in him, for example. He put a slight twist on his words, but the same basic concept.

This gets complicated as it begins with being told the wrong reasons for Catholic traditions and rites. Some of the most common are Catholics worship idols, worship Jesus' mother, go against what they say Jesus taught about calling priests 'Father' and using rosaries. Catch a Catholic in a good work, and that Catholic most certainly is only doing good to earn their way to heaven. This goes on and on. It comes with not bothering to ask a Catholic why they do certain things, it comes with them telling Catholics why they are doing what they are doing. What they come up with is so funny and ridiculous, most of us just giggle and carry on.
No. Martin Luther fell out with Rome and was pissed off...then Henry the 8th wanted a divorce.

My own education in Sunday School. Most of what Jesus preached was traditional Jewish values. He had a lot of “Hillel” in him, for example. He put a slight twist on his words, but the same basic concept.
I would say his values were more Mosaic than Jewish.

If you didn't learn from your Sunday Schools that Jesus opposed the Jews, then your Sunday mornings were a wash. And your "source" is unreliable. That Jesus opposed the Jews is all over the gospels.

Our language and perceptions are limited and biased by interactions in this world

Yes, I totally agree we can transcend those by seeking the spiritual which governs the material.

BreezeWood maybe my brother would better understand and benefit from where you are coming from and how you teach the problems and solutions.

He posted to me his view of the spiritual process.

At the top he has " heavens" as female and "earth" as male, under the top goal of "A - Androgyny" or balance between the two.

Under that he uses Clubs / Spades for Power/Male and Agility/Female.

Then he has Hearts/Diamond for Art/Female and Science/Male.

We agreed this level stands for Truth and he called it the Holy Spirit. But we got stuck because he saw Wisdom as a subset of Truth that could be foolishness. I said Wisdom tends to be the female and it's Truth that people get attached to their biases and foolish thinking they are convinced is universal.

I asked a friend's advice and she said the level of Art Science was the MIND.

Can you tell me how you see the Heavens?
I said Elohim was the word for God plural which is the collective form and usually Female.

But my brother sees Earth as Male where he puts Power.
So this isn't balanced and does not explain how does the Female Agility and Collective level get restored as equal balance.

The way he has it the male is dominant : earth, power sbc science. But separates female as subjugated not equal.

It's as if we cannot access or invoke the spiritual heavens if he sees wisdom as foolish and truth is dominant.

MIND seems to help explain how to address each other as equals. Art and science are respected equally.

How would you present the Heavens and Earth so these are equally in harmony and there is no false separation or subjugation. How do we address people as spiritual on the heavenly "infinite" level and not dominate earth and material over the collective spiritual level that is infinite?
How would you present the Heavens and Earth ...

emily, as mentioned before - your posts - like reading a novel w/ several naps between ...

the true religions are spoken, people drop off when those quotes are added ...

the spoken religion of antiquity, 6 words in length - the triumph of good vs evil - originates from the choice made by a&e for their spiritual determination, granted from above and with heavenly judgement to attain remission to paradise, the everlasting. for whomsoever might attempt the endeavor or simply perish. earth is our stepping stone. the evil need not apply.

I would say his values were more Mosaic than Jewish.

If you didn't learn from your Sunday Schools that Jesus opposed the Jews, then your Sunday mornings were a wash. And your "source" is unreliable. That Jesus opposed the Jews is all over the gospels.
But that’s assuming the gospels are true, and not written with a slant that goes against the Jews. IOW, the gospels are not a reliable source when you are debating this with a Jew.

But that’s assuming the gospels are true, and not written with a slant that goes against the Jews. IOW, the gospels are not a reliable source when you are debating this with a Jew.
True or not, would you say your source is reliable?

BTW, what blame did the gospel writers want to shift to the Jews?

Forum List

Back