Cross Removed! Town avoids lawsuit and follows the law

Traditions are wonderful......(some of them)....but why should government (our taxes) pay for religious ones?

So if the people of the town paid for the cross, and then put it up there on their own, you would be OK with it?
Sure...on private land...as is done every year thru out the US.....sure.

Well there's that added condition I knew you would go for.

How is displaying something religious on public ground an endorsement of a religion?

So people should cower in a closet out of sight of those poor poor fragile atheists when they want to pray or worship?
The courts say it is a public endorsement, so your opinion does not count except for you.
The first amendment says government shall pass no law respecting the establishment of religion

Did this town pass a law? No. Therefore the first amendment was not violated.
Stupid ^^^

So if the people of the town paid for the cross, and then put it up there on their own, you would be OK with it?

How is displaying something religious on public ground an endorsement of a religion?

So people should cower in a closet out of sight of those poor poor fragile atheists when they want to pray or worship?
The courts say it is a public endorsement, so your opinion does not count except for you.
The first amendment says government shall pass no law respecting the establishment of religion

Stupid ^^^
I'm sure you're filing law suits against the president for saying God Bless America on federal property ove a federally owned PA system while being guarded by federal employees right?

If not you're just another easily offended hypocrite pantywaist

As I said. The assholes do this every year for the sole purpose of being assholes!

As I said. The assholes do this every year for the sole purpose of being assholes!
No doubt they enjoy it, far beyond anything having to do with the Constitution.

Remember, we'll also hear from the same side that the Constitution is a outdated document written by rich white slave rapists.

This is more about beating the other side than anything else.

Stupid ^^^
I'm sure you're filing law suits against the president for saying God Bless America on federal property ove a federally owned PA system while being guarded by federal employees right? If not you're just another easily offended hypocrite pantywaist
You are so easily offended in others thinking that the Constitution and the law should be followed.

One snowflake gets offended and an entire town suffers....this is the problem with left loons. People are sick of your whining, bawling and attention seeking and that is exactly what it is. If you don't like it then don't fucking look at it.
I`m sick of pukes like yourself that pretend to be Christians but vote for a guy who ridicules the handicapped and brags about sexual assault. Mocking the handicapped is something Jesus did quite often when he lived among us did he not Butch?

Stupid ^^^
I'm sure you're filing law suits against the president for saying God Bless America on federal property ove a federally owned PA system while being guarded by federal employees right? If not you're just another easily offended hypocrite pantywaist
You are so easily offended in others thinking that the Constitution and the law should be followed.

the constitution was not violated as no law was passed regarding the display of a religious symbol

Remember, we'll also hear from the same side that the Constitution is a outdated document written by rich white slave rapists.

The same side? Really? You've got the links to that, right?

Stupid ^^^
I'm sure you're filing law suits against the president for saying God Bless America on federal property ove a federally owned PA system while being guarded by federal employees right?

If not you're just another easily offended hypocrite pantywaist
So...this is what people "SAY" now?

One snowflake gets offended and an entire town suffers....this is the problem with left loons. People are sick of your whining, bawling and attention seeking and that is exactly what it is. If you don't like it then don't fucking look at it.
I`m sick of pukes like yourself that pretend to be Christians but vote for a guy who ridicules the handicapped and brags about sexual assault. Mocking the handicapped is something Jesus did quite often when he lived among us did he not Butch?
Just say asshole! Look who appears! It's magic.

The same side? Really? You've got the links to that, right?
Sure.
Guy, if you want to know what America would look like if Geo Washington and the rest of the Founding Slave-rapers lost, you can go to Canada.

Remember. "We are a nation of laws"? Well, until we want to break immigration laws.

Ewe are not Christian, r u?

No doubt they enjoy it, far beyond anything having to do with the Constitution. Remember, we'll also hear from the same side that the Constitution is a outdated document written by rich white slave rapists. This is more about beating the other side than anything else.
Remember. "We are a nation of laws"? Well, until we want to break immigration laws.
Yep. A little tough to take seriously.

Ewe are not Christian, r u?
I am agnostic!

Back to appeal to authority. Again, how does a cross on a tree establish religion? Do you now have to pay a tithe? Do you have to cross yourself every time you go by?
It is authority, not an appeal. It is fact, even if you don't like it.

Your view is "because some court said it's so, it's so". That is appeal to authority, you are not explaining your position beyond someone in power saying "it is so"
My view is that you are crazy. The court says so. You don't. In reality, the court will be followed because it is the authority, not you.

But we are arguing the why, and you refuse to, retreating to the "how"

A good rule of thumb....if you don't want your tax dollars to pay for a symbol of some other religion like, let's say, Islam....then don't do it for Christianity.....or Judaism....except on private property.

So even a nativity scene, paid for by private funds in a common square, verboten right?

Stop running to tax money when you know your position isn't reliant on it.
You have no position, other appeal to your own authority, which is not valid in the law.

I am voicing an opinion, and I am claiming no authority or expertise on the issue. again, you can't argue the why, so you run to the how.

Oh please, as if the cross on the tree was doing any harm and/or establishing a religion. Somebody had an axe to grind and decided to whine. Why people sweat this small shit is beyond me?

Forum List

Back