Crucial times for the Supreme Court

If the people think its time to act, then congress will act if pressured enough.

The fact is that after a decade of sitting on their collective asses (both Ds and Rs) congress has NOT acted.

You write "if the people think its time to act, then congress will act..." is total DELUSION.....Congress only listens to their donors and no longer to "the people"......

You can partially thank Citizen United for such a predicament.

With one hellacious party!

Except for these citizens, dingbat....

10 million MORE people now have health insurance than before the ACA....

The biggest winners from the law include people between the ages of 18 and 34; blacks; Hispanics; and people who live in rural areas. The areas with the largest increases in the health insurance rate, for example, include rural Arkansas and Nevada; southern Texas; large swaths of New Mexico, Kentucky and West Virginia; and much of inland California and Oregon.

sure we / Americans despise obamacare Jake , I want it gone simply because of the gov decree , mandate .

You do (or should) know that the MANDATE was a Republican idea.....echoed by Romney while Gov. in Mass..?

Well, if they like their insurance, they can keep their insurance. If they don't like their insurance, they can discontinue it. In other words, their reaction will be freedom.

Well, REAL "FREEDOM" would be when choosing to bleed to death in a corner instead of going to the a hospital's emergency room; is that what you'd choose to exercise your liberties?

Every ER in the US will treat you with or without insurance. Most people know that is the law.

Your opinion matters regarding the 4 crucial decisions that will be rendered by the SC later this month. Questions:

1. If the ACA is found unconstitutional, how will the public react?

2. If Obama's Immigration executive order is also found unconstitutional, how will the public AND the congress react?

3. If same sex marriages are found to be unconstitutional, how will the LBGT community react?

4. If capital punishment is also found unconstitutional under the current methods of capital punishment, how will the public react?
1-it's been constitutional, the issue is not unconstitutionality of Ocare, but the subsidies given on States with Federal exchanges....States can simply rent the software from the Feds used on the federal exchange, to set up their own State exchange system....or rent the software to set up their own State exchange from another State who has a good H/C Exchange....one state is already doing that now....

2. From what I thought this case was about, does not have to do with constitutionality, all presidents can use or have used E/O's for immigration....but apparently, Obama missed a step required by the rules for him to do such...something about a public announcement, which he did, but also time for the public to react and tell him how they ''feel'' so to speak, for X number of days before he should proceed, and Obama didn't take the X number of days....or something like that? so it is not anything to do with whether E/O's on immigration is constitutional...they are.... or have been due to no challenges I suppose?

3. I doubt they would be ruled unconstitutional?

4. No idea what this is about

Last edited:

The biggest winners from the law include people between the ages of 18 and 34; blacks; Hispanics; and people who live in rural areas. The areas with the largest increases in the health insurance rate, for example, include rural Arkansas and Nevada; southern Texas; large swaths of New Mexico, Kentucky and West Virginia; and much of inland California and Oregon.

What happened to the other 30 million that didn't have it before ACA?

hope not Jake , and I disagree with its being constitutional . MANDATE to buy insurance , sounds like a gov decree , tyrannical decree .

Were you MANDATED to have car insurance before your state issued a car title and registration?

And yet those very people are among the most virulent critics of ACA. Why do you suppose that is?

A friend of mine is visiting Tokyo, and he sent me a picture of a replica of the Statue of Liberty in Tokyo. I couldn't help but reflect on how many, here in the US, actively mock those who still care. Fucking pathetic.

What happened to the 30 million who did not have insurance???
They became 28 million in the last decade....Have you ever watched someone who needed dialysis or cancer therapy waiting in an ER at the local, crowded hospital????

Get your ass over to an ER this evening and see if you change your mind.

Arkansas- 65k
Nevada- 72k
New Mexico- 51k
Etc...

Not huge numbers of people and the majority had insurance before they lost it due to obiecare. If the ruling goes the right way, that being the law says what it actually says nobody will give a shit. With state exchanges going down the drain in Oregon and Hawaii the disaster is already falling apart. If this law is so damn great where is everyone's $2,500 savings?

car insurance is mandatory because driving is claimed to be a privilege Nat !!

hope not Jake , and I disagree with its being constitutional . MANDATE to buy insurance , sounds like a gov decree , tyrannical decree .

Were you MANDATED to have car insurance before your state issued a car title and registration?

Yes, but they didn't mandate that I buy a car or give me a subsidy to pay for my insurance based on my income. FAIL!

and I thought I taught you about that meaningless statue that 'emma' messed up with her silly poem Nat .

No. We have a constitution and the government must act under its jurisdiction no matter how much you want a king to rule this nation.

So, basically declaring war on Syria should be left to congress....Agreed?

If you do, get your ass in gear with your senators and reps.

What happened to the 30 million who did not have insurance???
They became 28 million in the last decade....Have you ever watched someone who needed dialysis or cancer therapy waiting in an ER at the local, crowded hospital????

Get your ass over to an ER this evening and see if you change your mind.
Ooh, a trillion dollars spent and we got 2 million people covered with shitty expensive insurance. What a winner of a program!

and I thought I taught you about that meaningless statue that 'emma' messed up with her silly poem Nat .

Pissmore you have a very long way to go before you can teach me or anyone else anything. But, if your delusions help you go to sleep, carry on.

Ooh, a trillion dollars spent and we got 2 million people covered with shitty expensive insurance. What a winner of a program!

You are pulling those figures out of your ass....but, if you feel less constipated, I'm happy for you.

Forum List

Back