Crucial times for the Supreme Court

Source that 80 percent back Obama’s immigration edict.

80% is too high.....However, polls show that between 52 to 55% DO back Obama.

The interesting part is that among those who OPPOSE Obama on this, only a small percentile do so because of policy, while the other higher percentile do so because they just don't like anything that Obama proposes or has done.

As I recall, that figure represents people who want Congress to pass immigration reform. But some of those are people who want reform to be a more powerful and limiting immigration policy, not less.

Any changes on immigration law are to be done by Congress not the President through an EO the fact they aren't doing it fast enough for Obama does not change this

Perhaps........will you be one of those who'll tell your GOP congress people to get their asses in gear and pass some legislation as Obama has repeatedly requested?
I mean, how many years has congress done nothing but bitch?
Where is it written that Congress is required to do the bidding of the President?

Any changes on immigration law are to be done by Congress not the President through an EO the fact they aren't doing it fast enough for Obama does not change this

Perhaps........will you be one of those who'll tell your GOP congress people to get their asses in gear and pass some legislation as Obama has repeatedly requested?
Where is it written that Congress is required to do the bidding of the President?

Dumb response, foulwind......When there is a pressing need, the executive branch MUST act.....of course, congress is free to also do so; but this congress would rather sit on its ass and just whine and bitch.

seems to me that a better word for what congress is doing is that they are OBSTRUCTING rather than whining and crying . Course I highly approve of that OBSTRUCTION except that congress doesn't do it very well Nat !! Defund and Obstruct this mrobama is what congress should do on All issues Nat !!

As I recall, that figure represents people who want Congress to pass immigration reform. But some of those are people who want reform to be a more powerful and limiting immigration policy, not less.
And still does not leave out the fact that many do not think that Obama should simply be doing this by fiat instead of the constitutional way.

We will see what happens when they actually do rule on this but Obama's constitutional 'scholar' record is rather horrendous.

Dumb response, foulwind......When there is a pressing need, the executive branch MUST act.....of course, congress is free to also do so; but this congress would rather sit on its ass and just whine and bitch.
No. We have a constitution and the government must act under its jurisdiction no matter how much you want a king to rule this nation.

What an absolutely stupid response.

Put the other shoe on and when a time comes when Republicans are telling YOU and liberals that WE must act, then you are going to support the Congress subverting itself to the Executive?

Utter nonsense.

If the people think its time to act, then congress will act if pressured enough.

NEVER does the congress have to do the bidding of the President.

We removed the King a few hundred years ago.

seems to me that a better word for what congress is doing is that they are OBSTRUCTING rather than whining and crying . Course I highly approve of that OBSTRUCTION except that congress doesn't do it very well Nat !! Defund and Obstruct this mrobama is what congress should do on All issues Nat !!
Obstructing what?

What is it they are obstructing?

Nat is crying that the congress is whining and crying and not doing anything DarkW. Guess that immigration reform would be an example . Hope they obstruct mrobama on the trade deal that is coming up for a vote tomorrow DW. mrobama wants it from my understanding so OBSTRUCT him is what I want . Same for the treaty , agreement where mrobama gives nukes to 'iran' . Obstruct him on everything DW !!

sure we / Americans despise obamacare Jake , I want it gone simply because of the gov decree , mandate .

Why are progs worried about how the "public will react" about the the determination of the Constitutionality of a law? The public will cope unless the left wing media feigns outrage and racism and encourages violence.

The public, including a majority of GOP, expect the four-word fix to be made.

The law is not unconstitutional, guys: that has been already decided. That will not change in our life times.

The laws operative character may be technically flawed and can be easily fixed.

hope not Jake , and I disagree with its being constitutional . MANDATE to buy insurance , sounds like a gov decree , tyrannical decree .

hope not Jake , and I disagree with its being constitutional . MANDATE to buy insurance , sounds like a gov decree , tyrannical decree .
SCOTUS has ruled on the constitutionality of ACA.

This ruling is merely a technical operation of the law.

I know about the technicality of the language of 'burrel' Jake , I just hope that the supremes rule on the technicality the way I like which is to say that the words mean what they say . Just hope that it goes my way , just so that the 'constitutional perfesser ' mrobama is handed another defeat is all it matters to me Jake .

as far as the 'constitutionality' of obamacare , I disagree with you and the supremes . Millions more disagree with the supremes as well Jake .

Your opinion matters regarding the 4 crucial decisions that will be rendered by the SC later this month. Questions:

1. If the ACA is found unconstitutional, how will the public react?

With one hellacious party!

Forum List

Back