Damn, I mean just damn. trump just slandered Carroll again.

Exactly.....answer....she struck first. Once that happens a countersuit looks like retaliation even if it's not.

The predent is ridiculous, particularly for a public figure. What if I told every media I could find that Tom Cruise molested my child years ago? What if the story gained enough traction that he could no longer find work in Hollywood? Cruise would likely call me a liar in public. We go to trial and it is found that, in fact, according to a jury, I was lying. Despite this fact, I can now sue him for millions for defaming ME by calling me a liar. It is absurd that the law has been twisted to a point where it is completely illogical.

Oh good. Tell me, how does section 3 needing Congress to pass legislation to be effected compare to no legislation being passed to bar former Confederates from federal office?

You tell us. It doesn't address the PRESIDENT. It only addresses non executive officers.

DURRRRRR

The predent is ridiculous, particularly for a public figure. What if I told every media I could find that Tom Cruise molested my child years ago? What if the story gained enough traction that he could no longer find work in Hollywood? Cruise would likely call me a liar in public. We go to trial and it is found that, in fact, according to a jury, I was lying. Despite this fact, I can now sue him for millions for defaming ME by calling me a liar. It is absurd that the law has been twisted to a point where it is completely illogical.

The critical point in a bad comparision: "We go to trial and it is found that, in fact, according to a jury, I was lying..."

In this case the jury found that Ms. Carroll wasn't lying, that FPOTUS#45 did sexually assault her, therefore the basis of her claims were true.

WW

Jury finds Trump liable for sexual abuse, awards accuser $5M

So this is the basis for the defamation suit? Didn’t Carroll accuse Trump of rape? To my knowledge, there is a large legal delineation between rape and sexual abuse, thus why Trump isn’t going to prison.

The critical point in a bad comparision: "We go to trial and it is found that, in fact, according to a jury, I was lying..."

In this case the jury found that Ms. Carroll wasn't lying, that FPOTUS#45 did sexually assault her, therefore the basis of her claims were true.

WW

She claimed he raped her.

So this is the basis for the defamation suit? Didn’t Carroll accuse Trump of rape? To my knowledge, there is a large legal delineation between rape and sexual abuse, thus why Trump isn’t going to prison.

Yes, in NY one has to stick their dick in a woman for it to be rape, Trump did not do that.

It is a stupid fucking law, but it is the law.

WW
No....the rights of the complainant and the accused are hermetically sealed away from each other. They do not interact like that. Hence it is not wrong nor is it illegal for a person to proclaim innocence even after conviction.

No....the rights of the complainant and the accused are hermetically sealed away from each other. They do not interact like that. Hence it is not wrong nor is it illegal for a person to proclaim innocence even after conviction.

Perhaps proclaiming his innocence without using her name every fucking time he does it might be a good plan for him...

Tax fraud, Bank fraud and money laundering are crimes. Intimidating jurors or witnesses is also a crime.
All bogus, pushed by a liberal progressive machine, with triggered DA,s, leftist judges, in cherry picked districts where an impartial jury couldn’t be found unless it were a dem on trial.

Americans see this, and will reject it in November…

This case is being rehashed, when what this thread is about, only happened a couple days ago. He defamed her again.

It really burns the the leftists corrupt asses that someone dare not roll over. They cannot handle confrontation.

Trump is stupid and self destructive. He's swimming for the drain and would take the country with him. He sabotaged his presidency and his reelection.

Stealing the documents and running off to Florida during the inauguration was about the most stupid move anyone could make. Continuing to slander Jean Carroll when you have wracked up fines of 83 million dollars is the decision a stupid, stupid man would make.

If Trump was not found guilty of raping or sexually assaulting this woman and she went around saying that he did, why is she not being sued for defamation?
Because he can't. The courts found him liable.

Forum List

Back