Damn!!! Where is that "global warming" when we need it???

So not one of you "super intelligent" people including you have explained what is the "hottest Year on Record"... i.e. none of your links work!
So I'll help you. Let's take this one: Climate Change 2014 Could Be the Hottest Year on Record
from the above search:
Last month was the warmest September in 135 years of record keeping, with the global average temperature 60.3 degrees Fahrenheit (15.72 degrees Celsius), the Associated Press reports. May, June and August were also record-breaking months.
Climate Change 2014 Could Be the Hottest Year on Record

Since 1879! Wow ! Of those 135 years how many of those record keepers were human beings looking at thermometer bulbs, trying to determine hmmm..
is it 80.3 degrees or 80.6 degrees!"!!! Wow mighty powerful eyesight at that time.
Then of course these records were transcribed and transcribed again and maybe a 3rd time.
Hmmm.. is that a 80.3... or 80.8? I can't make this idiot's handwriting out! Oh well I just take the higher!
Multiple that times 10,000 plus reading stations around the world IN urban areas the majority and yes... I would believe that 2014 would be the highest...except
it is ONLY 135 years and 3/4ths of it being done by humans reading mercury bulbs!
Come back to me with scientific explanations other then tectonic plate shifts why they are searching for oil in the Arctic!

So not one of you "super intelligent" people including you have explained what is the "hottest Year on Record"... i.e. none of your links work!
So I'll help you. Let's take this one: Climate Change 2014 Could Be the Hottest Year on Record
from the above search:
Last month was the warmest September in 135 years of record keeping, with the global average temperature 60.3 degrees Fahrenheit (15.72 degrees Celsius), the Associated Press reports. May, June and August were also record-breaking months.

Since 1879! Wow ! Of those 135 years how many of those record keepers were human beings looking at thermometer bulbs, trying to determine hmmm..
is it 80.3 degrees or 80.6 degrees!"!!! Wow mighty powerful eyesight at that time.
Then of course these records were transcribed and transcribed again and maybe a 3rd time.
Hmmm.. is that a 80.3... or 80.8? I can't make this idiot's handwriting out! Oh well I just take the higher!
Multiple that times 10,000 plus reading stations around the world IN urban areas the majority and yes... I would believe that 2014 would be the highest...except
it is ONLY 135 years and 3/4ths of it being done by humans reading mercury bulbs!
Come back to me with scientific explanations other then tectonic plate shifts why they are searching for oil in the Arctic!

Just keep your head back in the sand please. We will all be better for it.

from the above search:

Just keep your head back in the sand please. We will all be better for it.
Right tell that to the out of work coal miners. Tell that to the babies going hungry because their parents can't work at the utility companies.
Tell that to the tree farmers that are battling to grow more trees but due to more and more onerous rules and regulations are planting less and less CO2 sequesters!
Right... you idiots that think that with just 135 years of recording keeping a 1 degree increase in world temperature means the sky is falling the sky is falling!
Oh and by the way have you ever considered how BIG the earth is? Do you ever get out and travel and see just the immensity of the USA!
Tell me how much CO2 is used as part of photosynthesis in plant life and tell the starving plants YOU want to reduce their supply!
How selfish!!!

Just saw on the Weather Channel that the Buffalo, NY area has over 3 feet of global warming on the ground and expecting another foot today. State Troopers are delivering emergency supplies to people stranded on highways. All stores report that sunblock is out of stock. Situation despeate.

When WEATHER doesn't conform to the lunatics' climate charade....

car_frozen_in_ice_immovable.jpg

Just saw on the Weather Channel that the Buffalo, NY area has over 3 feet of global warming on the ground and expecting another foot today. State Troopers are delivering emergency supplies to people stranded on highways. All stores report that sunblock is out of stock. Situation despeate.

Hah, you obviously don't understand the theory. Warmer weather means more water vapor in the air leading to larger snow falls. If the air warms from 20 F to 25 F, you're still going to get snow.

Hah, you obviously don't understand the theory. Warmer weather means more water vapor in the air leading to larger snow falls. If the air warms from 20 F to 25 F, you're still going to get snow.

HAH....explain to us why the Great Lakes were 98% FROZEN OVER last year and Superior is already forming ice?
huh_zps297f809f.png

That's a great theory! I am going to boil some water to make ice cubes for my lemonade. Boy, do I love lemonade! And BTW, should I put my turkey in the freezer for 4 hours or for 5 hours to cook it?

It just goes to show you that with a well funded corporate campaign you can get people to believe (or not believe) anything.

Holy fuck it's 2014 and there are actually people, grown adults even, who think man made global warming isn't real.

Why? Because Fox news told them so.

It just goes to show you that with a well funded corporate campaign you can get people to believe (or not believe) anything.
As a kid growing up in W. Maryland, I didn't realize that at 20 degrees below zero, my ass got stuck to the outhouse seat because of global warming. Thanks to Al Gore, I'm now educated.

Holy fuck it's 2014 and there are actually people, grown adults even, who think man made global warming isn't real.

Why? Because Fox news told them so.

Yup and there is the other group that thinks an increase from as recent as 164 years ago of the establishment of the longest-running "quasi-global record..
Instrumental temperature record - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
of .36 of ONE degree!
Well, according to NASA’s own data, the world has warmed .36 degrees Fahrenheit over the last 35 years (they started measuring the data in 1979).

I think you would agree that a .36 degree increase in temperature over the last 35 years is hardly anything to get in a panic about.

Granted, that does mean the world is warmer, right?

The problem with that argument is that we experienced the bulk of that warming between 1979 and 1998 . . . we’ve actually had temperatures DROPPING ever since!

fact1_title.jpg

The reality is this: The world is 1.08 degrees cooler than it was in 1998.

Just take a look at this chart from Remote Sensing Systems, which provides data to NASA, NOAA, and other scientific organizations.
Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 2.23.36 PM.png

The Cold Truth Initiative

But of course we have seen the chicken little response of the group that doesn't ask the intelligent questions like:
A) how were temperatures recorded before digital thermometers?...i.e. human eyeball trying in 15 degree cold weather reading a mercury bulb and seeing
a 3/10ths of a degree difference? I think not!
B) How were these temperature records reported? The initial observer wrote 15 degrees but handwriting with gloves on in 15 degree weather makes the "5" look
like an "8"... No problem who will ever know?
C) When "The number of [Siberian] stations increased from 8 in 1901 to 23 in 1951 and then decreased to 12 from 1989 to present only four (4) stations, those at Irkutsk, Bratsk, Chita and Kirensk, cover the entire 20th century.

IEA analysts say climatologists use the data of stations located in large populated centers that are influenced by the urban-warming effect more frequently than the correct data of remote stations…The scale of global warming was exaggerated due to temperature distortions for Russia accounting for 12.5% of the world’s land mass.
The IEA said it was necessary to recalculate all global-temperature data in order to assess the scale of such exaggeration.
Climategatekeeping Siberia Climate Audit

So please tell me why you would believe that 3/10ths of degree increase over last 35 years would be a problem?

Forum List

Back