Darrell Issa(R) "cuts 'n runs"

Lol you have to go back 25+ years. I notice you glossed over the dem majorities more recently.

Marty, were there 2 year investigations after the Reagan Administrations didn't listen or react to warning about location of the barracks in Beruit that housed the Marines? 240 Marines and Navel personal died. No.
Were there 2 years of investigations regarding the ten or so attacks on US embassies and consulates after warnings, that result in Americans dying including an ambassador during the GWB years? No.
The GOP loves witch hunts. How many witch hunts did Clinton go through? How many years and tax payer dollars did it take to reveal the Willie got a BJ?
Get off your high horse Marty, facts don't back you up.
Talk about a hypocrite. Got a mirror Marty?

The GOP has to do all this because the media, who is supposed to do all this, are a bunch of Demo/prog lap dogs.

I always thought investigation was needed to assure good government. Evidently its only when democrats are doing the investigating.

I have no problem with legit investigations, but witch hunts are a waste of tax payer dollars and are nothing but political gamesmanship. We have many problems in the US, I want these elected officials to do what they were elected to do, their fucking job!
Back in January through April 2014, nine military upper echelon who were all directly involved with Libya and thus Benghazi testified before The House Armed Services Committee. Did that stop Issa and others from making remarks and political ads that had been clearly debunked? Nope. They just couldn't stop playing politics and knowing lied to the public. Once the end is the end, why does investigations continue?
I'm not going to attack some of the investigations (IRS). Others are pure partisan political games and these clowns don't care that it's a waste of taxpayer money.

Witch hunts are a part of political life, the only time some people seem to have a problem is when republicans do it.

I personally love congressional witch hunts. If the congresscritters focus on that crap, they can't focus on asinine legislation.

I don't recall the Dems having multiple two year investigations. The Dems had a few, ie; WMD's and unauthorized wiretapping, but they didn't go on and on and on. Once a conclusive end is reached, there is no sense on continuing wasting taxpayer money just so a party can continue it's political posturing.
Republicans are supposed to be about saving taxpayer money, not wasting taxpayer money.
Yeah, "witch hunts are part of political life" and both parties do it, two wrongs don't make it right. In my mind, the GOP takes it to the extreme.
I have a Republican representing my district, he's a moderate. He told me that he thinks witch hunts are bad politics and bad for the country. In his own words, "what does these (witch hunts) tell the constituents"? He also said all this bad blood further divides this country. At least he has his feet on the ground and why every time the far right runs someone against him in the primaries, he kicks their ass.

The only reason you don't hear about the dems doing endless investigations is the media is OK with them doing it, only republican investigations are "witch hunts"

Marty, were there 2 year investigations after the Reagan Administrations didn't listen or react to warning about location of the barracks in Beruit that housed the Marines? 240 Marines and Navel personal died. No.
Were there 2 years of investigations regarding the ten or so attacks on US embassies and consulates after warnings, that result in Americans dying including an ambassador during the GWB years? No.
The GOP loves witch hunts. How many witch hunts did Clinton go through? How many years and tax payer dollars did it take to reveal the Willie got a BJ?

The GOP has to do all this because the media, who is supposed to do all this, are a bunch of Demo/prog lap dogs.

I always thought investigation was needed to assure good government. Evidently its only when democrats are doing the investigating.

I have no problem with legit investigations, but witch hunts are a waste of tax payer dollars and are nothing but political gamesmanship. We have many problems in the US, I want these elected officials to do what they were elected to do, their fucking job!
Back in January through April 2014, nine military upper echelon who were all directly involved with Libya and thus Benghazi testified before The House Armed Services Committee. Did that stop Issa and others from making remarks and political ads that had been clearly debunked? Nope. They just couldn't stop playing politics and knowing lied to the public. Once the end is the end, why does investigations continue?
I'm not going to attack some of the investigations (IRS). Others are pure partisan political games and these clowns don't care that it's a waste of taxpayer money.

Witch hunts are a part of political life, the only time some people seem to have a problem is when republicans do it.

I personally love congressional witch hunts. If the congresscritters focus on that crap, they can't focus on asinine legislation.

I don't recall the Dems having multiple two year investigations. The Dems had a few, ie; WMD's and unauthorized wiretapping, but they didn't go on and on and on. Once a conclusive end is reached, there is no sense on continuing wasting taxpayer money just so a party can continue it's political posturing.
Republicans are supposed to be about saving taxpayer money, not wasting taxpayer money.
Yeah, "witch hunts are part of political life" and both parties do it, two wrongs don't make it right. In my mind, the GOP takes it to the extreme.
I have a Republican representing my district, he's a moderate. He told me that he thinks witch hunts are bad politics and bad for the country. In his own words, "what does these (witch hunts) tell the constituents"? He also said all this bad blood further divides this country. At least he has his feet on the ground and why every time the far right runs someone against him in the primaries, he kicks their ass.

The only reason you don't hear about the dems doing endless investigations is the media is OK with them doing it, only republican investigations are "witch hunts"

I can't think of any democratic run witch hunts, but I guess it could be because the media just didn't report them. Why don't you remind me of a few. The claim that democrats are just as bad at running witch hunts should be easily proven if it is in fact true.

OK
Name some Democratic investigations

OK

Watergate, Iran Contra.

I can't think of any democratic run witch hunts, but I guess it could be because the media just didn't report them. Why don't you remind me of a few. The claim that democrats are just as bad at running witch hunts should be easily proven if it is in fact true.

Are we forgetting about the whole Valarie Plame thing?

Exactly how many months of continuous hearings, and how many millions of dollars were expended on congressional investigation of the Plame event?

OK

Watergate, Iran Contra.

Watergate and Iran Contra were far from witch hunts.

Exactly how many months of continuous hearings, and how many millions of dollars were expended on congressional investigation of the Plame event?

The GAO said the Plame investigation cost $2.58 million

Last edited:

OK

Watergate, Iran Contra.

I suppose they were a Democrat Congress doing their oversight duty as prescribed by law and the Republicans doing their duty is considered a witch hunt. Only to a partisan hack.

So you think Rove outing a covert agent for political purposes is a witch hunt? How very right wing of you.

OK

Watergate, Iran Contra.

I suppose they were a Democrat Congress doing their oversight duty as prescribed by law and the Republicans doing their duty is considered a witch hunt. Only to a partisan hack.

Republicans insisted on a long list of separate investigations on Benghazi when each and every previous investigation said the same thing. There were mistakes made, but no sign of intentional wrong doing or cover up. Kinda like beating a dead horse. Would you care to list all the separate investigations involved in the Plame case? Was the Plame investigation stretched out over more than two years?

He should at least OFFER to offset the MILLIONS in TAXPAYER $$$ on dead end witchhunts by cutting Repub expenditures elsewhere.

Issa takes top spot on Internet panel TheHill
After moving on from the House Oversight Committee, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) will be the chairman of the Judiciary subcommittee on the Internet, Courts and Intellectual Property when Congress returns next year.

How many "slam dunks" did his committtee rack up? Last time I checked it was....

What say you?

The crook wasted more taxpayer dollars than anyone.
^ that

I still remember when he cut-off another members microphone. The cringe-factor was off-the-scale.

Issa Cuts Off Cummings at IRS Hearing Updated Video 218

Just to comply with some of the subpoena request, the IRS spent $10 MILLION in a few months.... yet none of the 150,000 plus documents and emails they subpoenaed and had the IRS gather for them, showed any illegal activities... that's called a "fishing expedition" or a "witch hunt" or using a wide and large net in a sweep, HOPING to just find something, anything at all, illegal....

Well, this thread sure died when some folks were asked to back themselves up with actual events using actual facts.
But have no fear, they'll still claim the the Dems are bad as the GOP when it comes to witch hunts and wasting tax payer money, just for the purpose of political posturing.
This certainly demonstrates that some people just don't know their history or willingly forget history.

Last edited:
Well, this thread sure died when some folks were asked to back themselves up with actual events using actual facts.
But have no fear, they'll still claim the the Dems are bad as the GOP when it comes to witch hunts and wasting tax payer money, just for the purpose of political posturing.
This certainly demonstrates that some people just don't know their history or willingly forget history.

Valerie. Plame.

OK

Watergate, Iran Contra.

Republicans insisted on a long list of separate investigations on Benghazi when each and every previous investigation said the same thing. There were mistakes made, but no sign of intentional wrong doing or cover up. Kinda like beating a dead horse. Would you care to list all the separate investigations involved in the Plame case? Was the Plame investigation stretched out over more than two years?

Four Americans were killed including a US Ambassador, a US Consulate destroyed and the one person who was responsible said "at this point it really doesn't matter." Now she is running for President.

Last edited:
He should at least OFFER to offset the MILLIONS in TAXPAYER $$$ on dead end witchhunts by cutting Repub expenditures elsewhere.

What say you?

After moving on from the House Oversight Committee, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) will be the chairman of the Judiciary subcommittee on the Internet, Courts and Intellectual Property when Congress returns next year.

How many "slam dunks" did his committtee rack up? Last time I checked it was....

Of course your investigations when you have the house are NEVER witch-hunts.....

Fuck off you hypocrite scum.
A ringing endorsement of witchhunts?

What say you?

Of course your investigations when you have the house are NEVER witch-hunts.....

Fuck off you hypocrite scum.
A ringing endorsement of witchhunts?

No, just that both sides do it, and honestly when they are wasting time, the congresscritters can't mess things up even worse than they already are.

The difference boils down to the fact that dems can rely on the media to give them free witch hunts.

Issa rightfully so made the dims look bad, which they are! He accomplished another cog in the wheel of the Republicans gaining the majority in the Senate. He proved dims are liars and scum!

I must have missed that one. So far, he has liad a giant goose egg.

OK

Watergate, Iran Contra.

As long as the witches define "witch hunt", they cannot be accused of hunting witches.

Forum List

Back