Democrats Have Opposed Electoral College Last 3 Presidents...Now Oppose GOP Doing So

it is no different than many times in history.
No, it's not the same.

Yes it is and you will see that come Tuesday, the process will work and Biden will be approved. No different than any other election, you are playing into the drama.

No other option is out there, this group is just getting media play and will not change a damn thing. I’d bet a lifetime ban on it.
That's a given. Putting this thing under the nose of every American for two months was a GOP idea, the President's idea, and it IS a big deal because the GOP made it that way. You can't pass this one off on the media.

In 70 years, there have been two official objections to the EC vote, and you want to say this is just SOP? The dog and pony shows by Rudy and GOP legislators televised live, 60-some lawsuits, all rejected. Sure the media is milking the drama for all it's worth; I see that. Surprised Pelosi hasn't announced that People Are Going To Die. Or maybe she has. But there is nothing "normal" about what just happened, is still happening. It is very different from other times in history.
Sorry doesn’t move a needle for me, since they called the election, Biden was going to be sworn in. Let me know how all the objections go, wait, I don’t care because I know what will happen. Like I said I’ll bet that come Tuesday Biden will pass this hurdle easily. If you want to take the bet fine by me.
I agree with you 100%
Since you insist on ignoring my point, I'll stop repeating myself now.

it is no different than many times in history.
No, it's not the same.

Yes it is and you will see that come Tuesday, the process will work and Biden will be approved. No different than any other election, you are playing into the drama.

No other option is out there, this group is just getting media play and will not change a damn thing. I’d bet a lifetime ban on it.
That's a given. Putting this thing under the nose of every American for two months was a GOP idea, the President's idea, and it IS a big deal because the GOP made it that way. You can't pass this one off on the media.

In 70 years, there have been two official objections to the EC vote, and you want to say this is just SOP? The dog and pony shows by Rudy and GOP legislators televised live, 60-some lawsuits, all rejected. Sure the media is milking the drama for all it's worth; I see that. Surprised Pelosi hasn't announced that People Are Going To Die. Or maybe she has. But there is nothing "normal" about what just happened, is still happening. It is very different from other times in history.
Sorry doesn’t move a needle for me, since they called the election, Biden was going to be sworn in. Let me know how all the objections go, wait, I don’t care because I know what will happen. Like I said I’ll bet that come Tuesday Biden will pass this hurdle easily. If you want to take the bet fine by me.
I agree with you 100%
Since you insist on ignoring my point, I'll stop repeating myself now.

You had no point worth commenting on. I already told you I disagreed, come Tuesday, I’ll be proven right.

When have Democrats sought to overturn an election? When have Democrats formally opposed the results of the electoral college?

You just can't make up your own history and expect others to agree

There was no effort to overturn the results of the 2016 election. Sec. Clinton showed respect and grace (look up the meanings of those words) and conceded the election the morning after the vote.

List which states have had Mail-In voting where the Election Boards proactively mailed out ballots to registration lists. Don't lump in with Absentee Voting whereby the voter requests a ballot and is mailed a ballot so that they can mail back with their selection. Further, if Mail In ballots had been in place then Democrats would not have been pushing so hard for it siting COVID as the reason and justification. Absentee Ballots could have easily addressed that concern. In fact, that is how I did it myself.
Colorado, Oregon, Hawaii, Utah and Washington mail out ballots to all voters. Nevada did too in 2020 after their state legislature specifically passed a law to do so in early 2020. Trump sued over this law in mid 2020 and lost the case.

Every other state required voters to request ballots including Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Arizona.

That is a very small percentage of states doing so prior to 2020. Further, what is your sources that PA, GA, MI, and AZ required voters to request ballots? Why the requirement if it is the same format as Absentee Ballots? Interesting that all of the battleground states fall under this category in 2020.

Biden is going to be the next President. It is Mail-In balloting for future elections that needs scrutiny.

Doesn’t seem like you’ve done much research on the topic. This website is a good place to start.

The only reason this is an issue is because Trump lost and you’re looking for an excuse that isn’t the truth, that Trump is a horseshit president.

The false equivalency is staggering here; the obvious god damn reason this wasn't a big deal in 2016 is because the Loser of the presidential race wasn't running their big mouth off about how it was all rigged every damn time someone put a camera in their face. Sure people would have objected regardless of who won, but no one would have cared, but now it's a big deal because ol trump doesn't know how statistic works.

I covered this in another thread (which wasn't about this subject). 2000 was warranted. 2004 was a minor blip and the assertion that 2016 was contested is just bullshit.

I agree with you. Except, I think the democrats should just shut up and let the GOP object. It's their right after all.

But seriously...All of this should have happened in the 2nd week of December. That it takes 2 months to get envelopes to Congress in the year 2021 is wholesale stupidity.

Although it became quite obvious that there was voter fraud in the states of mention, PA, AZ, WI, MN, & GA.... It takes time to collect evidence, especially when there's resistance by the opposition.
Even when there's been video and solid evidence of improprieties in the counting of the votes Judges have refused set adjudication in motion to pass judgement.

60 lower court cases dismissed. 2 SC cases dismissed. I think Gohmert Pyle's lawsuit was kicked to the curb. This is no longer being sore losers.
This is sedition..right out in the open. Don't we jail people for shit like this? :)

I covered this in another thread (which wasn't about this subject). 2000 was warranted. 2004 was a minor blip and the assertion that 2016 was contested is just bullshit.

I agree with you. Except, I think the democrats should just shut up and let the GOP object. It's their right after all.

But seriously...All of this should have happened in the 2nd week of December. That it takes 2 months to get envelopes to Congress in the year 2021 is wholesale stupidity.

Although it became quite obvious that there was voter fraud in the states of mention, PA, AZ, WI, MN, & GA.... It takes time to collect evidence, especially when there's resistance by the opposition.
Even when there's been video and solid evidence of improprieties in the counting of the votes Judges have refused set adjudication in motion to pass judgement.

60 lower court cases dismissed. 2 SC cases dismissed. I think Gohmert Pyle's lawsuit was kicked to the curb. This is no longer being sore losers.
This is sedition..right out in the open. Don't we jail people for shit like this? :)

Sedition was prfectly demonstarted by the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrats for more than the previous 4 years. As committed by the likes of Comey, Baker, Strzok, Schitf and Swallowwell....

Taking challenges to the court is now sedition? You are a drama queen.

List which states have had Mail-In voting where the Election Boards proactively mailed out ballots to registration lists. Don't lump in with Absentee Voting whereby the voter requests a ballot and is mailed a ballot so that they can mail back with their selection. Further, if Mail In ballots had been in place then Democrats would not have been pushing so hard for it siting COVID as the reason and justification. Absentee Ballots could have easily addressed that concern. In fact, that is how I did it myself.
Colorado, Oregon, Hawaii, Utah and Washington mail out ballots to all voters. Nevada did too in 2020 after their state legislature specifically passed a law to do so in early 2020. Trump sued over this law in mid 2020 and lost the case.

Every other state required voters to request ballots including Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Arizona.

That is a very small percentage of states doing so prior to 2020. Further, what is your sources that PA, GA, MI, and AZ required voters to request ballots? Why the requirement if it is the same format as Absentee Ballots? Interesting that all of the battleground states fall under this category in 2020.

Biden is going to be the next President. It is Mail-In balloting for future elections that needs scrutiny.

Doesn’t seem like you’ve done much research on the topic. This website is a good place to start.

The only reason this is an issue is because Trump lost and you’re looking for an excuse that isn’t the truth, that Trump is a horseshit president.

Why the need to modify if absentee voting accomplishes the same thing? Much of the argument made for Mail-In is drawn from Absentee Voting; which was already in place. The primary difference as I continue to emphasize is that Mail-In enables Election Boards to proactively mail ballots to people on voter registration lists which includes people who have died, people that no longer live in the district, and people incapacitated (collectively, people who don't request a ballot). While no voting system is completely risk-free, the Mail-In vs. Absentee system introduces more risk and the need for more controls and validation. The 2020 Election would have resulted in less uncertainty and doubt among many of the American voters had there just been Absentee Ballots whereby the only modification being the voter universally (i.e. ALL STATES) request ballots and postmark by a certain date.

Absentee Balloting as a stand-alone addresses any pandemic concerns or any other in-person voting limitations.

Why the need to modify if absentee voting accomplishes the same thing? Much of the argument made for Mail-In is drawn from Absentee Voting; which was already in place. The primary difference as I continue to emphasize is that Mail-In enables Election Boards to proactively mail ballots to people on voter registration lists which includes people who have died, people that no longer live in the district, and people incapacitated (collectively, people who don't request a ballot). While no voting system is completely risk-free, the Mail-In vs. Absentee system introduces more risk and the need for more controls and validation. The 2020 Election would have resulted in less uncertainty and doubt among many of the American voters had there just been Absentee Ballots whereby the only modification being the voter universally (i.e. ALL STATES) request ballots and postmark by a certain date.

Absentee Balloting as a stand-alone addresses any pandemic concerns or any other in-person voting limitations.
The only new state that mailed ballots to all registered voters was Nevada. The thing you’re complaining about is basically irrelevant.

Why don't you show me something from 2016 about this happening.
Gee Stupidus, you and Carefornone are truly stupid. ELEVEN times Dems tried to stop certifications in Congress in 2016 alone. Google is your friend.
I read the article, too. They did not have a single official objection. The congress never went to chambers to consider and vote on any EC votes. It was simply people who got up and said I Object! And Joe told them to sit down and shut up.
Sorry dummy. Your lies don’t change facts. You assholes have done this multiple times. Now you can sit down and shut up while we REAL Americans put you in your place idiot.
tRumplings are about as far as you can get from "real Americans".
STFU you commie asshole. You’re just an idiot. Watch what happens in a few days. You won’t like it.
^wants to overturn election and install dictator, calls me "commie bastard".

I can't be the only one seeing the irony here.
Legal objection to fraud fuckwad. You lose again Stupidus. Commie asshole dumbfuck.
There is no fraud.

Lame excuse dismissed.
Proven fraud. Your idiocy is dismissed grade school dropout.

I'm hoping one of them votes to throw out an election that sent them back to congress. It will still fail...but it will be great to see knots in which they are willing to tie themselves for the blob.

Pr
Why don't you show me something from 2016 about this happening.
Gee Stupidus, you and Carefornone are truly stupid. ELEVEN times Dems tried to stop certifications in Congress in 2016 alone. Google is your friend.
Stupidus
:laughing0301:
Can I steal that?
Always cracks me up when you undereducated morons try to twist my screen name into an insult.

You guys are so fucking stupid.

SMH.
Says the absolute moron claiming there was no objection in 2016. Crawl back under your rock you uneducated moron.

I'll give you the same chance I gave whatever numb-nuts started this crap. Why don't you show me something from 2016 proving that.
Hey asshole,try Google. Oh that’s right, you won’t because you get destroyed again. Eleven objections that have been outlined in this thread moron. Learn to read Stupidus.
You aren't showing me because you can't.

And you're too stupid to even manage a decent insult.

I expect you'll be going "neener neener neener" next.
Learn to read retard. It’s all over the this thread asshole. You truly are Stupidus.
Prove it.
Read the thread if you’re able to moron. The referee has determined you unable to continue.

It goes back farther .....

11 GOP Senators Refuse to Certify the Election Results Until One Requirement Is Met

Although Democrats have repeatedly shot down accusations of voter fraud, there have been numerous instances where Democrats objected to the results of a presidential election. They did it in 1969 with Richard Nixon, again in 2001 and 2005 with George W. Bush and in 2017 with Donald Trump. In 1969 and 2005 a Democrat from both chambers of Congress forced a vote on whether to accept the Electoral College votes that were being challenged.

No, it isn't. You guys accused Bush of stealing Florida in 2000. You accused Bush of stealing Ohio in 2004. You accused Russia of stealing the 2016 election and blew millions of dollars in kangaroo court hearings to try and prove it. You accused the Republicans of stealing the 2018 gubernatorial race in Georgia.

Apparently, the only fair elections are the ones that the Democrats win and then you call for unity and everyone to come together after you spent the last few years massacring your opponents with every name in the book.

Thank you.......excellent points.......stated with precision and focus....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I found Easy's article interesting. So there have been objections and questions of a hinky count by Dems in the past. But never to this extent, on this scale. Nowhere close. If this were a concern raised after the election, instead of one that has been in the front of Trump's mind the entire term of his presidency, you'd have a better position to argue from. But you know as well as I do that Trump has planned all along to blame the Dems with cheating if he lost. Problem is, he's got no actual evidence to prove it.

His Commission to study election security a few years ago ended the same way. Big Zero.

There has never been so much direct evidence of fraud and corruption...

Did you see the videos from Georgia? Where they pulled cases of ballots out from under the tables? And don't tell us the lame excuse about that being normal.......

You accused Russia of stealing the 2016 election and blew millions of dollars in kangaroo court hearings to try and prove it.
I don't think that's an accurate way of putting it. The Mueller investigation wasn't to overturn the election. It was to investigate Russian influence and interference and that included if any Americans were involved.

Trump brought it on by firing Comey.

No, Trump didn't bring it on, comey was a liar and a snake.

No, it isn't. You guys accused Bush of stealing Florida in 2000. You accused Bush of stealing Ohio in 2004. You accused Russia of stealing the 2016 election and blew millions of dollars in kangaroo court hearings to try and prove it. You accused the Republicans of stealing the 2018 gubernatorial race in Georgia.

Apparently, the only fair elections are the ones that the Democrats win and then you call for unity and everyone to come together after you spent the last few years massacring your opponents with every name in the book.

2000. Bush didn't steal anything. The SC decided to override the FL Supreme CT decision and not include those 537 votes, therefore giving the election to Bush. Democrats had every right to challenge that. No apologies coming for that one. Gore should have been President. But he stood up like a man in front of the Senate and despite the large number of people in his party walking out the door in protest, certified the election for Bush. End of story.

2004. Not really. There was one objection in one state over something that had nothing to do with fraud. The Senator who seconded the challenge has said she regrets bringing it. Either way, I remember it hardly being a story. I don't remember it taking up two months worth of press time with 60+ court cases, constant recounts, and threats of challenge on Electoral College vote day and the Congressional certification day. This one while yes technically being challenged...was a limp noodle.

2016. I'm sorry. Please link for me and point out the court challenges that went on from November 8, 2016 to January 6, 2017. I see court challenges before 11/8/2016, but none after. I also don't remember anyone (besides Jill Stein) requesting recounts in the three states that Trump won by less than 77,000 votes. I remember Clinton conceded the next morning and then went hiking.

The Russia investigation didn't begin until several months AFTER the inauguration of Trump. Brian Kemp (then SOS) DID steal the election from Stacey Abrams. But, as always with Republicans, revenge is a dish best served at the voting booth. And Abrams not only dodged the bullet of having to deal with covid (while Kemp has been a disaster), but also ran the ground game that flipped the state blue. If the two GA runoffs go blue, she's a political genius. :)

Shouldn't you be shilling for china?

The only new state that mailed ballots to all registered voters was Nevada. The thing you’re complaining about is basically irrelevant.

You are stating results, not rules or policy. Where are you getting your source to back that claim? What is your understanding as per the difference between Absentee and Mail-In? Why did Democrats push for Mail-In if they are the same?

Forum List

Back