Democrats, Racism, and Free Markets

544508_355660824540707_903121911_n.jpg
It's always hilarious to me when Republicans, who are 90% white and mostly southern accuse Democrats, a coalition party of being racist. They assume that minorities are somehow being "led" around by, by, well, by someone. The reality is that minorities in the Democratic party have their own leaders who negotiate within the Democrat party to create a platform. Republicans don't vote their best interests or the interests of their own party. They vote white. We see it now with orange. Kind of an off white.

Don't come up in here with that reality shit.

"Don't come up in here with that reality s**t."

A defining characteristic: on my side of the aisle, facts and knowledge; on your side of the aisle, profanity and vulgarity.

Seems I've scored another point against ignorance, indoctrination and mythology.

Excellent.

1. Jim Crow Laws:

"It shall be unlawful for a negro and white person to play together or in company with each other at any game of pool or billiards."

"All marriages between a white person and a negro, or between a white person and a person of negro descent to the fourth generation inclusive, are hereby forever prohibited."

"No colored barber shall serve as a barber to white women or girls."

"Separate free schools shall be established for the education of children of African descent; and it shall be unlawful for any colored child to attend any white school, or any white child to attend a colored school."
http://townhall.com/columnists/walt...tm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=

2. As is regularly pointed out on this board, the Jim Crow laws were due to the power of Democrats in control of government.
Democrat: the party of slavery, segregation, second class citizenship....and over regulation of private industry.

Those two aspects of Democrat policy are linked...as I will show.

a. Now....an example of what changed, and largely ended institutional racism.....Republicans:

In 1966- Republican Spiro Agnew ran against Democrat segregationists George Mahoney for governor of Maryland. Agnew enacted some of the first laws in the nation against race discrimination in public housing. “Agnew signed the state's first open-housing laws and succeeded in getting the repeal of an anti-miscegenation law.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiro_Agnew#Governor_of_Maryland

b. Sadly, continued power of Democrats has resulted in this:

"... in today’s recovery — the slowest in the modern era going back to 1947 — private capital investment has lagged badly. ... so has the jobs situation, with 92 million dropping out of the workforce altogether. A labor-participation rate of 62.8% and an employment-to-population rate of 58% are historic lows indicative of the anemic jobs recovery. Big Business Swings Behind a Mantra of Growth - The New York Sun

And this:
α. Tavis Smiley: 'Black People Will Have Lost Ground in Every Single Economic Indicator' Under Obama
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...st-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2hihAOpVl

β. (CNSNews.com) The unemployment rate for black Americans is more than double that of white Americans, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).... In the numbers released today, covering the month of June, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for black Americans age 16 and over was 10.7%, reported the BLS. The unemployment rate for white Americans in the same age group and time-frame was 5.3%, said the BLS. Black Unemployment 10.7%, More Than Double White Unemployment 5.3%

γ. "CHICAGO (Reuters) - Predominantly African-American neighborhoods in Chicago have seen poverty rise and services diminish even as the nation's third largest city has become less racially segregated,.... black areas are seeing economic stagnation or decline,.... mostly black areas have lost health clinics, social service agencies and other areas of support..." Exclusive: Poverty up, services diminished in Chicago's black neighborhoods - study

Let's see how Democrat policies are related to, and advance, racism.

Coming right up.....
It is correct and proper to point out that the Democrats of the Jim Crow era were status quo hugging Conservative leftovers of the antebellum South! And there's no way of getting around that fact, unless one wants to keep shifting the narrative through lies and distortions of history and truth!

"....the Democrats of the Jim Crow era were status quo hugging Conservative leftovers...."

Now watch me obliterate this fool.

It's always been about Democrats, free markets, and racism.....

3. While Democrat/Liberal strangle hold on the media and the 'education' industry have been nearly 100% successful in shifting the argument to 'no...it was CONSERVATIVE Democrats that were the bad ones!!!"....the truth is the Democrats then were the same as the Democrats now.

Simple enough to find racist statements by Bill Clinton.
Challenge me on that.

a. On the other hand, from the inception of this once great nation, classical liberals, the Founders....the views that today are identified as conservatives, have been based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government....

...Democrats live by doctrines that center on totally opposite dicta:

.... the collective, command and control regulation of private industry, and overarching government that can order every aspect of the private citizen's life....right down to control of his thoughts and speech.

And certainly not on free markets and capitalism.

b. Even government school dunces who have been trained to endorse Democrat fabrications will see through this lie:

"OBAMA: ‘THERE’S LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMMUNISM AND CAPITALISM"
Obama: ‘There’s Little Difference Between Communism and Capitalism’

Democrat policy, anti-capitalism, anti-free markets is supposedly anti-racist, as well.

Economist Walter E. Williams writes that the free market minimizes racism, and that Democrats are, in fact the ones who inoculate society with exactly that....racism.

Next.
Oh horseshit Cynthia/Chica! Conservatism is a social philosophy not a damn political party. Political parties differentiate themselves, one from the other, by embracing different facets of social philosophies, and sure as Hell are not the Party itself. They are two different animals in spite of your continual efforts to conflate the two for your propaganda purposes!

The Republican party in its early period started out influenced by the abolitionist movement and the Constitutional institution of slavery is proof that the fledging political party was challenging the status quo of the conservatives to maintain the status quo of slavery then!! Are you going to rewrite that history again too?

The early Republican party fought the status quo, Cynthia/Chica. They became what they are now after the 1950's in their social philosophy as strict conservatives to maintain the status quo as they saw/see fit! And folks like you belly up to the bar and willingly drink the shit sundaes you're served without questioning a damn thing because;

"Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia!"
~ G.O.~

A defining characteristic: on my side of the aisle, facts and knowledge; on your side of the aisle, profanity and vulgarity.

Seems I've scored another point against ignorance, indoctrination and mythology.

Excellent.

1. Jim Crow Laws:

"It shall be unlawful for a negro and white person to play together or in company with each other at any game of pool or billiards."

"All marriages between a white person and a negro, or between a white person and a person of negro descent to the fourth generation inclusive, are hereby forever prohibited."

"No colored barber shall serve as a barber to white women or girls."

"Separate free schools shall be established for the education of children of African descent; and it shall be unlawful for any colored child to attend any white school, or any white child to attend a colored school."
http://townhall.com/columnists/walt...tm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=

2. As is regularly pointed out on this board, the Jim Crow laws were due to the power of Democrats in control of government.
Democrat: the party of slavery, segregation, second class citizenship....and over regulation of private industry.

Those two aspects of Democrat policy are linked...as I will show.

a. Now....an example of what changed, and largely ended institutional racism.....Republicans:

In 1966- Republican Spiro Agnew ran against Democrat segregationists George Mahoney for governor of Maryland. Agnew enacted some of the first laws in the nation against race discrimination in public housing. “Agnew signed the state's first open-housing laws and succeeded in getting the repeal of an anti-miscegenation law.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiro_Agnew#Governor_of_Maryland

b. Sadly, continued power of Democrats has resulted in this:

"... in today’s recovery — the slowest in the modern era going back to 1947 — private capital investment has lagged badly. ... so has the jobs situation, with 92 million dropping out of the workforce altogether. A labor-participation rate of 62.8% and an employment-to-population rate of 58% are historic lows indicative of the anemic jobs recovery. Big Business Swings Behind a Mantra of Growth - The New York Sun

And this:
α. Tavis Smiley: 'Black People Will Have Lost Ground in Every Single Economic Indicator' Under Obama
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...st-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2hihAOpVl

β. (CNSNews.com) The unemployment rate for black Americans is more than double that of white Americans, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).... In the numbers released today, covering the month of June, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for black Americans age 16 and over was 10.7%, reported the BLS. The unemployment rate for white Americans in the same age group and time-frame was 5.3%, said the BLS. Black Unemployment 10.7%, More Than Double White Unemployment 5.3%

γ. "CHICAGO (Reuters) - Predominantly African-American neighborhoods in Chicago have seen poverty rise and services diminish even as the nation's third largest city has become less racially segregated,.... black areas are seeing economic stagnation or decline,.... mostly black areas have lost health clinics, social service agencies and other areas of support..." Exclusive: Poverty up, services diminished in Chicago's black neighborhoods - study

Let's see how Democrat policies are related to, and advance, racism.

Coming right up.....
It is correct and proper to point out that the Democrats of the Jim Crow era were status quo hugging Conservative leftovers of the antebellum South! And there's no way of getting around that fact, unless one wants to keep shifting the narrative through lies and distortions of history and truth!

"....the Democrats of the Jim Crow era were status quo hugging Conservative leftovers...."

Now watch me obliterate this fool.

It's always been about Democrats, free markets, and racism.....

3. While Democrat/Liberal strangle hold on the media and the 'education' industry have been nearly 100% successful in shifting the argument to 'no...it was CONSERVATIVE Democrats that were the bad ones!!!"....the truth is the Democrats then were the same as the Democrats now.

Simple enough to find racist statements by Bill Clinton.
Challenge me on that.

a. On the other hand, from the inception of this once great nation, classical liberals, the Founders....the views that today are identified as conservatives, have been based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government....

...Democrats live by doctrines that center on totally opposite dicta:

.... the collective, command and control regulation of private industry, and overarching government that can order every aspect of the private citizen's life....right down to control of his thoughts and speech.

And certainly not on free markets and capitalism.

b. Even government school dunces who have been trained to endorse Democrat fabrications will see through this lie:

"OBAMA: ‘THERE’S LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMMUNISM AND CAPITALISM"
Obama: ‘There’s Little Difference Between Communism and Capitalism’

Democrat policy, anti-capitalism, anti-free markets is supposedly anti-racist, as well.

Economist Walter E. Williams writes that the free market minimizes racism, and that Democrats are, in fact the ones who inoculate society with exactly that....racism.

Next.
Oh horseshit Cynthia/Chica! Conservatism is a social philosophy not a damn political party. Political parties differentiate themselves, one from the other, by embracing different facets of social philosophies, and sure as Hell are not the Party itself. They are two different animals in spite of your continual efforts to conflate the two for your propaganda purposes!

The Republican party in its early period started out influenced by the abolitionist movement and the Constitutional institution of slavery is proof that the fledging political party was challenging the status quo of the conservatives to maintain the status quo of slavery then!! Are you going to rewrite that history again too?

The early Republican party fought the status quo, Cynthia/Chica. They became what they are now after the 1950's in their social philosophy as strict conservatives to maintain the status quo as they saw/see fit! And folks like you belly up to the bar and willingly drink the shit sundaes you're served without questioning a damn thing because;

"Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia!"
~ G.O.~

You know she's utterly incapable of processing thought and concepts, right?

It's always hilarious to me when Republicans, who are 90% white and mostly southern accuse Democrats, a coalition party of being racist. They assume that minorities are somehow being "led" around by, by, well, by someone. The reality is that minorities in the Democratic party have their own leaders who negotiate within the Democrat party to create a platform. Republicans don't vote their best interests or the interests of their own party. They vote white. We see it now with orange. Kind of an off white.

Excellent.

Poor thing. I have no doubt you actually believe alla that.

Excellent.

Poor thing. I have no doubt you actually believe alla that.

Well.....let's review.

In post #3 I caught you in this lie:
"We all know the history of how the Dixiecrats hopped over to the republican party as a result of – in opposition to - desegregation."

The Dixiecrats weren't Dixiecans....they were Democrats and continued to be Democrats.

I've provided an undeniable question....one that you have been fearful of answering, as it proves your babble to be a slanderous lie.

This question:
.....what the chances are that, after a lifetime of believing as he does, arguing DNC talking points, reading the NYTimes, and watching MSNBC, being indoctrinated...er, 'taught' in government schools, and watching Comedy Central for his news.....

.....what he thinks the chances would be that he woke up tomorrow praising George Bush's election and presidency, and voting Republican.

And that calculation represents the same chance that Republicans and conservatives, who formed a party to fight Democrats and slavery, suddenly decided to become racists.

I believe I suggested that you change your avi to 'FishInABarrel' to reflect how easily I destroy you.

... and they always like to find a token to express their own categorization of human beings for them
"Token".

You do realize that pretty much provides an example of the point, right?

Your leverage of this man does. How many black folk agree with him? Why didn't you all nominate him?
None of that deflection changes my point.

You did precisely what the graphic says.

... and they always like to find a token to express their own categorization of human beings for them
"Token".

Your leverage of this man does. How many black folk agree with him? Why didn't you all nominate him?

Well....of course he did....but, one must cut him some slack.

In Luke 23:34...Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Nowhere is that more true than in the case of that dunce poster.....he is simply clueless.

β. (CNSNews.com) The unemployment rate for black Americans is more than double that of white Americans...
γ. "CHICAGO (Reuters) - Predominantly African-American neighborhoods in Chicago have seen poverty rise and services diminish...
Let's see how Democrat policies are related to, and advance, racism...

Is the decline in many of our cities a function of (perhaps) well-intentioned gov't policies or of the rapid loss of manual labor jobs caused by our increasingly high-tech workplace? Manual labor jobs didn't require much in the way of education or innate intelligence (not that some didn't have it).

When the iceman lost his job (thanks to refrigeration) there were still plenty of other low-skill jobs to be had. Today there is no market for those squeezed out by progress.

I can see what you are saying but I've often wondered if our cities are failing because of decades of Dem leadership or if they have "enjoyed" decades of Dem leadership because they are failing.

I have a specific point in mind, as per the title of the thread....and don't wish to give my view, a detailed one, at this time.

But...Democrat minimum wage laws are largely at the root of the problem.
  1. While legislative bodies have the power to order wage increases, they have not as of yet found a way to order commensurate increases in worker productivity that make the worker’s output worth the higher wage.
  2. Further, while Congress can legislate the wage at which labor transactions occur, it cannot require that the transaction actually be made, and the worker hired. ....walter e. williams

Yeah, I was hoping to respond to your expanded POV but you've yet to post it.

I understand the prob with federal min wage laws but it affects only a few % of American workers ... certainly not enough to have destroyed our cities (it wasn't the min wage that brought Detroit down). Most of us are paid more commensurate with our skills and productivity. I have often posited here that min wage laws should be a state or local matter ... not federal. That way if a firm didn't appreciate the laws they could (and would) move to a friendlier biz clime. As currently constructed, that move is too often to another country.

This may amplify what I said earlier....

How do Democrat policies...especially those that restrict business....result in less opportunity for success among black Americans?
Let's take a look.

7. "Nowadays, there is not much respectability for using racism for rigging the economic game. The more respectable forms that produce similar results are market-interfering measures such as the Davis-Bacon Act, minimum wage laws and occupational and business licensing regulations." Walter E. Williams - Discrimination and Segregation

a. "FDR talked Congress into creating Social Security in 1935 and imposing the nation’s first comprehensive minimum-wage law in 1938. While to this day he gets a great deal of credit for these two measures from the general public, many economists have a different perspective. The minimum-wage law prices many of the inexperienced, the young, the unskilled, and the disadvantaged out of the labor market. (For example, the minimum-wage provisions passed as part of another act in 1933 threw an estimated 500,000 blacks out of work.)" http://fee.org/freeman/great-myths-of-the-great-depression/

b. It is worth noting that FDR's very first pick for the Supreme Court was a KKK official. "... [Hugo] Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..." http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

Coincidence????
Hardly.

How long before government school grads....and/or blacks who suffer as a result, catch on?

"Token".

In Luke 23:34...Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Nowhere is that more true than in the case of that dunce poster.....he is simply clueless.

And we all know you follow Jesus, bwa ha ha ha ha ....

And there's the racism Carson is talking about on display.

Please do show us Carson's massive black support, k? You know what Carson is to the power structure, you folks "made" him for a purpose. That's what the PC oppressed crowd always does. You will never win the black vote, or more of it, like this. Watch.

β. (CNSNews.com) The unemployment rate for black Americans is more than double that of white Americans...
γ. "CHICAGO (Reuters) - Predominantly African-American neighborhoods in Chicago have seen poverty rise and services diminish...
Let's see how Democrat policies are related to, and advance, racism...

Is the decline in many of our cities a function of (perhaps) well-intentioned gov't policies or of the rapid loss of manual labor jobs caused by our increasingly high-tech workplace? Manual labor jobs didn't require much in the way of education or innate intelligence (not that some didn't have it).

When the iceman lost his job (thanks to refrigeration) there were still plenty of other low-skill jobs to be had. Today there is no market for those squeezed out by progress.

I can see what you are saying but I've often wondered if our cities are failing because of decades of Dem leadership or if they have "enjoyed" decades of Dem leadership because they are failing.

I have a specific point in mind, as per the title of the thread....and don't wish to give my view, a detailed one, at this time.

But...Democrat minimum wage laws are largely at the root of the problem.
  1. While legislative bodies have the power to order wage increases, they have not as of yet found a way to order commensurate increases in worker productivity that make the worker’s output worth the higher wage.
  2. Further, while Congress can legislate the wage at which labor transactions occur, it cannot require that the transaction actually be made, and the worker hired. ....walter e. williams

Yeah, I was hoping to respond to your expanded POV but you've yet to post it.

I understand the prob with federal min wage laws but it affects only a few % of American workers ... certainly not enough to have destroyed our cities (it wasn't the min wage that brought Detroit down). Most of us are paid more commensurate with our skills and productivity. I have often posited here that min wage laws should be a state or local matter ... not federal. That way if a firm didn't appreciate the laws they could (and would) move to a friendlier biz clime. As currently constructed, that move is too often to another country.

This may amplify what I said earlier....

How do Democrat policies...especially those that restrict business....result in less opportunity for success among black Americans?
Let's take a look.

7. "Nowadays, there is not much respectability for using racism for rigging the economic game. The more respectable forms that produce similar results are market-interfering measures such as the Davis-Bacon Act, minimum wage laws and occupational and business licensing regulations." Walter E. Williams - Discrimination and Segregation

a. "FDR talked Congress into creating Social Security in 1935 and imposing the nation’s first comprehensive minimum-wage law in 1938. While to this day he gets a great deal of credit for these two measures from the general public, many economists have a different perspective. The minimum-wage law prices many of the inexperienced, the young, the unskilled, and the disadvantaged out of the labor market. (For example, the minimum-wage provisions passed as part of another act in 1933 threw an estimated 500,000 blacks out of work.)" http://fee.org/freeman/great-myths-of-the-great-depression/

b. It is worth noting that FDR's very first pick for the Supreme Court was a KKK official. "... [Hugo] Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..." http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

Coincidence????
Hardly.

How long before government school grads....and/or blacks who suffer as a result, catch on?

Why don't you keep on waiting on that, k? Just keep doing what you're doing and wait for that.

Please do show us Carson's massive black support, k? You know what Carson is to the power structure, you folks "made" him for a purpose. That's what the PC oppressed crowd always does. You will never win the black vote, or more of it, like this. Watch.
Because, according to liberal thinking, all black people are capable of only thinking a certain way. Got it. That's racist.

You do know you're exhibiting the behavior Carson was talking about, right?

Because, according to liberal thinking, all black people are capable of only thinking a certain way. Got it. That's racist.

1. In her book, "Uncle Sam's Plantation," Star Parker recounts her journey from life as a hustler and welfare addict to freedom. The following gives one version of the path to success.

2. "My first post-welfare job was hardly a dream job. Assigned to a sterile basement room in a huge office building, I had to hand-write the orders called in by salesmen, and send it to the shipping department. Since, the more orders they called in, the more money they made, the salesman talked fast and were rushed. The shippers, union laborers, on the other hand, received the same wage no matter how much work they did, so they talked slowly and made no effort to be efficient.

a. I acted as if it was my own customer, and the order that I was receiving was worth a million dollars to my business. My view was that hard work would open up opportunities to leave welfare behind, and poverty forever.

3. The only other black in the department was a 32-year-old female who had been there 15 years. On my first day at work she was eager to give me the scoop, including how to get away with the least amount of work for the maximum financial benefit- by paying $260 to join the labor union. Every day she would say I was "uppity" because I worked fast and actually enjoyed it! The more I fulfilled my tasks with vigor, the more dislike I engendered from the union workers.

a. I didn't now about unions, but as an ex-street hustler and con artist, it sounded a lot like paying for protection. Actually, I had no plans to remain for long, and intended to start my own business as soon as I finished writhing a business plan.

4. One particularly busy day, calls were coming in furiously! But I responded by making each feel that they were the most important call I had received that day. My supervisor asked me "Have you ever considered sales and marketing?" He went on to tell me about a full-time position in the marketing department that paid much more than my current wage. And, provided benefits without having to join a union!

a. I declined, as I had my sights set on finishing college, and owning my own business. When the union went on strike, I saw it as the right time to try my hand as an entrepreneur.

5. I began publishing a monthly magazine with a calendar of events from churches around Los Angeles. I added editorials that addressed inner city needs. The spotlight was on wholesome entertainment for single Christians. What began as 16 black-and-white pages, eventually became 64 full color pages of professional layout and some 80 advertisements 8 years later. Exciting, yes, but it was hard work to sell enough ads to cover costs, my personal overhead, and the needs of my daughter.

a. A major pitfall occurred the first time I received the ubiquitous "congratulations, you have qualified" letter from a credit card company. Wow...a symbol of accomplishment and prestige! Before long I had 10 credit cards. Six years after starting my business, I went into bankruptcy. A year later, California went into severe recession. Two years later, the L.A. riots wiped out what was left, as many of my advertisers were burned to the ground. In the middle of all that...I was divorced.

6. But my determination never wavered. I refused to go back on welfare or listen to the leftist lies that sought to discourage me from even trying! I used my talkng/selling experience to cohosting a talk show on a small Christian radio station in Long Beach. It didn't quite pay minimum wage, and had no benefits....so I made money based on commissions from advertisers of the show. So, no guarantees.....but hard work and a positive attitude paid off: soon, I was offered the opportunity to host my own three-hour daily radio talk show with and ABC affiliate in San Francisco. Not only a good salary, but they put a studio in my home!

Nothing new here.....the same works and worked for everyone.

The book is worth reading, and may well bring a tear to the eyes of any not an indoctrinated Liberal.

1. In her book, "Uncle Sam's Plantation," Star Parker recounts her journey from life as a hustler and welfare addict to freedom. The following gives one version of the path to success.

2. "My first post-welfare job was hardly a dream job. Assigned to a sterile basement room in a huge office building, I had to hand-write the orders called in by salesmen, and send it to the shipping department. Since, the more orders they called in, the more money they made, the salesman talked fast and were rushed. The shippers, union laborers, on the other hand, received the same wage no matter how much work they did, so they talked slowly and made no effort to be efficient.

a. I acted as if it was my own customer, and the order that I was receiving was worth a million dollars to my business. My view was that hard work would open up opportunities to leave welfare behind, and poverty forever.

3. The only other black in the department was a 32-year-old female who had been there 15 years. On my first day at work she was eager to give me the scoop, including how to get away with the least amount of work for the maximum financial benefit- by paying $260 to join the labor union. Every day she would say I was "uppity" because I worked fast and actually enjoyed it! The more I fulfilled my tasks with vigor, the more dislike I engendered from the union workers.

a. I didn't now about unions, but as an ex-street hustler and con artist, it sounded a lot like paying for protection. Actually, I had no plans to remain for long, and intended to start my own business as soon as I finished writhing a business plan.

4. One particularly busy day, calls were coming in furiously! But I responded by making each feel that they were the most important call I had received that day. My supervisor asked me "Have you ever considered sales and marketing?" He went on to tell me about a full-time position in the marketing department that paid much more than my current wage. And, provided benefits without having to join a union!

a. I declined, as I had my sights set on finishing college, and owning my own business. When the union went on strike, I saw it as the right time to try my hand as an entrepreneur.

5. I began publishing a monthly magazine with a calendar of events from churches around Los Angeles. I added editorials that addressed inner city needs. The spotlight was on wholesome entertainment for single Christians. What began as 16 black-and-white pages, eventually became 64 full color pages of professional layout and some 80 advertisements 8 years later. Exciting, yes, but it was hard work to sell enough ads to cover costs, my personal overhead, and the needs of my daughter.

a. A major pitfall occurred the first time I received the ubiquitous "congratulations, you have qualified" letter from a credit card company. Wow...a symbol of accomplishment and prestige! Before long I had 10 credit cards. Six years after starting my business, I went into bankruptcy. A year later, California went into severe recession. Two years later, the L.A. riots wiped out what was left, as many of my advertisers were burned to the ground. In the middle of all that...I was divorced.

6. But my determination never wavered. I refused to go back on welfare or listen to the leftist lies that sought to discourage me from even trying! I used my talkng/selling experience to cohosting a talk show on a small Christian radio station in Long Beach. It didn't quite pay minimum wage, and had no benefits....so I made money based on commissions from advertisers of the show. So, no guarantees.....but hard work and a positive attitude paid off: soon, I was offered the opportunity to host my own three-hour daily radio talk show with and ABC affiliate in San Francisco. Not only a good salary, but they put a studio in my home!

The book is worth reading, and may well bring a tear to the eyes of any not an indoctrinated Liberal.

Better see if ya can get it on Oprah's book club listings. Let all the black folks know you're there for them.

Where is your support in the black community again love?

Better see if ya can get it on Oprah's book club listings. Let all the black folks know you're there for them.

Just thought I'd give you another chance to show some guts.....

"We all know the history of how the Dixiecrats hopped over to the republican party as a result of – in opposition to - desegregation."

The Dixiecrats weren't Dixiecans....they were Democrats and continued to be Democrats.

I've provided an undeniable question....one that you have been fearful of answering, as it proves your babble to be a slanderous lie.

This question:
.....what the chances are that, after a lifetime of believing as he does, arguing DNC talking points, reading the NYTimes, and watching MSNBC, being indoctrinated...er, 'taught' in government schools, and watching Comedy Central for his news.....

.....what he thinks the chances would be that he woke up tomorrow praising George Bush's election and presidency, and voting Republican.

As the chances are zero......conclude that the same are the chances that anti-slavery party became racist.

What a team!!! You lie, and I expose the lie.

"Token".

And we all know you follow Jesus, bwa ha ha ha ha ....

".... follow Jesus, bwa ha ha ha ha ...."

Speaking of which, therein we can find the solutions to many of the problems spotlighted in this thread:

"John Calvin’s and Martin Luther’s emphasis on individual responsibility, hard work, thrift, providence, honesty, and deferred gratification at its center—shaped the spirit of capitalism and helped it succeed…religions chiefly of the middle and working classes, and the virtues they promoted led to a new kind of affluence and upward mobility, based not on land (which was largely owned by the aristocracy) but on productive enterprises. The bourgeois values had helped to sustain Weber’s “rational tempering” of the impulse to accumulate wealth: they helped put the rationality in “rational self-interest,” or, as Tocqueville put it, “self-interest rightly understood.”
http://www.city-journal.org/2009/19_3_work-ethic.html

This question:

As the chances are zero......conclude that the same are the chances that anti-slavery party became racist.

The real story.

See the South was solid Democrat, racist, segregationist. Then when the Northern coalition of Democrats and Republican forced the Civil right bill down their throats, the Republican saw the opportunity to strategically turn the typically Democratic southern states into Republican ones by appealing to the racist voters and their prodigy who felt betrayed by the democrats. It didn't happen overnight but now we see the Republican have the racist vote in the south solid.

This question:

The real story.

See the South was solid Democrat, racist, segregationist. Then when the Northern coalition of Democrats and Republican forced the Civil right bill down their throats, the Republican saw the opportunity to strategically turn the typically Democratic southern states into Republican ones by appealing to the racist voters and their prodigy who felt betrayed by the democrats. It didn't happen overnight but now we see the Republican have the racist vote in the south solid.

This question:

How about this: can you deny that the most popular Democrat/Liberal, Bill 'the rapist' Clinton, has been a racist his entire (Democrat) political life?

How about it?

Forum List

Back