Democrats Say They Want Higher Wages for Lower Income Workers

I asked someone else what they're doing to "live off the government".

Tell me what money they're getting. The last person I asked got really upset because I asked the question.

I just think we have a really toxic relationship with employers/employees where people seem to think that they're owed labor on the exact terms they set out. I'm glad the people have a little more leverage. It's a good shift after it's been so heavily tilted towards employers for so long. It was getting crazier the way employers were treating their employees.
Off the Gov't = unemployment and or disability pay. You may be glad all you like. If you have a marketable skill then you will have leverage but employers also have budgets. And if you're asking for too much you will not be hired. How were they treating them? Wages and benefits? No one forces people to work. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. You leftists have this weird and warped view of reality.

Pay for it.
Then give Texas taxpayers back all the tax money we paid so we can.

Is it too much to ask for the federal fucking government to do it's fucking job? If it won't do its job, let us do it.

Exempt all Texans from any federal tax liability for 10 years. We'll take care of the problem on our own.

(caution: the post above is a trap)

Yeah. Another idiot. See, impossible to have a logical discussion with misinformed leftists.

There is no such thing. It's political mumbo jumbo. There is absolutely nothing a city can do to stop the Feds from busting employers from hiring illegals. We have covered this many times.

Immigration enforcement is granted to the Federal government per the Constitution. For a city to say they will not enforce immigration is saying they will not do what they can not do to start with.

Political mumbo jumbo.

Is it too much to ask for the federal fucking government to do it's fucking job? If it won't do its job, let us do it.

Exempt all Texans from any federal tax liability for 10 years. I'll take care of the problem on our own.

He is an idiot who said that Sanctuary cities don't exist.

Exempt all Texans from any federal tax liability for 10 years. We'll take care of the problem on our own.

Pay for it. Quit making excuses. Pay for it. I wanted the government to do it's job and enforce it's employment laws. It won't.

People aren't prioritizing financial success as much. What good is it when you're miserable?

I don't know why anybody would be miserable. Correct that people are not even thinking about financial success or even stability for that matter. When they get older, no IRA, SS can't pay the bills for them, they'll be crying to government to do something about it and we'll go further into debt if we are not already bankrupt by the time we get there.

You claimed sanctuary cities don't exist. You are a moron.

They do not and I explained why. Trump called himself a great negotiator but as we saw, he was not. Just calling yourself something does not make it so.

Well, they may go out of business for lack of employees. There is a school of thought that labor gets paid first.

NC is weird..Most fast food has white employees.
Weird that Blue States have the highest unemployment rates.

Nebraska2.01
Utah2.42
Idaho2.93
New Hampshire2.93
South Dakota2.93
Vermont2.93
Oklahoma3.07
Alabama3.18
Georgia3.29
Montana3.310
North Dakota3.511
Minnesota3.712
Missouri3.813
Virginia3.813
Kansas3.915
Wisconsin3.915
Arkansas4.017
Indiana4.017
Iowa4.017
South Carolina4.120
North Carolina4.221
Kentucky4.322
Tennessee4.423
Wyoming4.524
Michigan4.625
West Virginia4.625
Oregon4.727
Maine4.828
Florida4.929
Washington4.929
Massachusetts5.231
Rhode Island5.231
Delaware5.333
Ohio5.434
Colorado5.635
Texas5.635
Arizona5.737
Louisiana5.838
Mississippi5.838
Maryland5.940
Pennsylvania6.241
Alaska6.342
District of Columbia6.543
Hawaii6.644
Connecticut6.845
Illinois6.845
New Mexico6.947
New Jersey7.148
New York7.148
California7.550
Nevada7.5

I just think we have a really toxic relationship with employers/employees where people seem to think that they're owed labor on the exact terms they set out. I'm glad the people have a little more leverage. It's a good shift after it's been so heavily tilted towards employers for so long. It was getting crazier the way employers were treating their employees.

Good, then enjoy paying those much higher prices at the store.

Weird that Blue States have the highest unemployment rates.

Nebraska2.01
Utah2.42
Idaho2.93
New Hampshire2.93
South Dakota2.93
Vermont2.93
Oklahoma3.07
Alabama3.18
Georgia3.29
Montana3.310
North Dakota3.511
Minnesota3.712
Missouri3.813
Virginia3.813
Kansas3.915
Wisconsin3.915
Arkansas4.017
Indiana4.017
Iowa4.017
South Carolina4.120
North Carolina4.221
Kentucky4.322
Tennessee4.423
Wyoming4.524
Michigan4.625
West Virginia4.625
Oregon4.727
Maine4.828
Florida4.929
Washington4.929
Massachusetts5.231
Rhode Island5.231
Delaware5.333
Ohio5.434
Colorado5.635
Texas5.635
Arizona5.737
Louisiana5.838
Mississippi5.838
Maryland5.940
Pennsylvania6.241
Alaska6.342
District of Columbia6.543
Hawaii6.644
Connecticut6.845
Illinois6.845
New Mexico6.947
New Jersey7.148
New York7.148
California7.550
Nevada7.5

All those states are liberal? Voting against Trump doesn't neccessarily mean you are liberal.

I used to go to NC fairly often to buy furniture all over the state.. There's a lot of white poverty.

I guess that would depend on what you consider poverty. People can make much less money and do just as well as people in other states that make more. It all depends on the cost of living where you are at. The average cost of a home in CA is 800K. For 800K here in Ohio, you are just about living in a mansion.

My cousin spent much of her adult life in CA. Now she wants to come home. The cost of living there is awful and she makes pretty good money. She's looking for a house here right now. She wants to get the hell out of there.

I used to go to NC fairly often to buy furniture all over the state.. There's a lot of white poverty.
You're changing the subject. There is a lot of poverty in MA too. Unemployment is low and their min wage is $7.50. How do you explain that?

I guess that would depend on what you consider poverty. People can make much less money and do just as well as people in other states that make more. It all depends on the cost of living where you are at. The average cost of a home in CA is 800K. For 800K here in Ohio, you are just about living in a mansion.

My cousin spent much of her adult life in CA. Now she wants to come home. The cost of living there is awful and she makes pretty good money. She's looking for a house here right now. She wants to get the hell out of there.

I am talking about terrible housing and living conditions.

I am talking about terrible housing and living conditions.

What state doesn't have that? I used to have a GF who lived there. She thought it was heaven on earth. She worked for FedEx and did pretty well. Had a nice house, in ground pool, but unfortunately medical issues forced her to leave the workforce and she moved back up here because she ended up on disability.

Off the Gov't = unemployment and or disability pay. You may be glad all you like. If you have a marketable skill then you will have leverage but employers also have budgets. And if you're asking for too much you will not be hired. How were they treating them? Wages and benefits? No one forces people to work. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. You leftists have this weird and warped view of reality.
People pay into unemployment benefits. Not to mention that the enhanced benefits are over and they have to demonstrate they're looking for work to continue to get it. Disability is disability. Surely you aren't suggesting that disabled people are the ones that we should be forcing into the labor pool by taking away benefits?

Employers budgets will have to figure out how to accommodate the increase in wages just like any other commodity. Employers seem to think that if they offer a job with a wage they consider appropriate, people should want that job. That's not their call. It's a screwed up system. There's this awful sense of entitlement from some employers.

You're totally right that no one forces people to work. That's exactly what we are seeing here and that's exactly what is pissing off a lot of people who don't get it.

It's not a weird or warped view of reality, I'm just able to see both sides of the issue, unlike others who only want to see it from one perspective.

Forum List

Back