Democrats Start Calling For Congress To Return To Begin Taking Away Our Gun Rights Again

They've had it for decades. Why is it an issue NOW?
iceberg, I don't know how long, but I know that our nation existed over a couple hundred years without these massively deadly weapons, and life was better and safer then. Seems like everybody who looks backward to the good old days sighs with longing for gentler times and cries for more deadly firepower in the hands of undisciplined civilians at the same time. It ain't gonna work that way.

iceberg, I don't know how long, but I know that our nation existed over a couple hundred years without these massively deadly weapons, and life was better and safer then. Seems like everybody who looks backward to the good old days sighs with longing for gentler times and cries for more deadly firepower in the hands of undisciplined civilians at the same time. It ain't gonna work that way.

The good ole days weren't always good and tomorrow's not as bad as it seems

They'll never get away with taking guns from Patriots.. There will be Civil War first.. You can count on it..
8 dead and 26 wounded in less than a minute ought to give pause. What civilian needs that kind of firepower?
What a person decides he needs or doesn't need is not up to you.
Sure it is, thru laws! Like I decide a person doesn't need Oxycontin for a headache, or a 50MPH speed limit on residential city streets. Doesn't mean don't get rid of the headache with ASA or drive on city streets.

Driving a car on public roads is not a right it is a privilege and one of the conditions of not having that privilege revoked is obeying traffic laws.

What you are doing is akin to saying you don't "need" a particular car with (fill in the blank)

And there is nothing stopping a Dr from prescribing Oxy for any type of pain. That said I think people should be able to buy whatever drug they want
In Utopia maybe they should be able to buy whatever drug they want, but lookit where we are today with opioids...prescribed opioids, because it is easier to loll in lala land than cope, and darn near impossible to escape once hooked. And that's my point about assault weapons too. Rationalizing that kind of power over life and death is just as addictive, I think.
My daughter is more down to Earth. Like people who drive Hummers, she calls people who think they need automatic combat-type weapons...pencil-dick!

They'll never get away with taking guns from Patriots.. There will be Civil War first.. You can count on it..
8 dead and 26 wounded in less than a minute ought to give pause. What civilian needs that kind of firepower?
Sure it is, thru laws! Like I decide a person doesn't need Oxycontin for a headache, or a 50MPH speed limit on residential city streets. Doesn't mean don't get rid of the headache with ASA or drive on city streets.

Driving a car on public roads is not a right it is a privilege and one of the conditions of not having that privilege revoked is obeying traffic laws.

What you are doing is akin to saying you don't "need" a particular car with (fill in the blank)

And there is nothing stopping a Dr from prescribing Oxy for any type of pain. That said I think people should be able to buy whatever drug they want
In Utopia maybe they should be able to buy whatever drug they want, but lookit where we are today with opioids...prescribed opioids, because it is easier to loll in lala land than cope, and darn near impossible to escape once hooked. And that's my point about assault weapons too. Rationalizing that kind of power over life and death is just as addictive, I think.
My daughter is more down to Earth. Like people who drive Hummers, she calls people who think they need automatic combat-type weapons...pencil-dick!

And why do you believe people should pay any attention to what you or your daughter think (and she is just parroting your juvenile nonsense it seems)

And of course none of the weapons discussed are automatic weapons.

There are something like 20 million Ar 15 rifles in the hands of the general public and a percentage of them that is so low that it is essentially zero ( and would be called zero in regards to any other topic) are used to commit murder.

So it's obviously not the gun that is the problem

I guess it's not the body count that matters....it's the timing.
A few Democrats have started virtue-signalling by calling for Congress to come back from their expensive vacations and to pass gun laws that will further infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights.

So what is the core cause of the violence? Well here it is:

• Over the top seditious rhetoric from the left
  • Democrat party open borders policies
  • A terrible showing at the last Democrat debate
  • The media's wall to wall coverage of shootings creating copy-cats
  • Democrats recent pushing of white terrorism in Congress
  • Nutcases that are reacting to all of the above
Democrats have been pushing this scenario for over a month.....so let's explore this. Usually you would think that one should would wait till after it happens before you start harping about it....but Democrats predicted it would happen....and trust me, these people are idiots. They can't predict anything. Usually the truth is a 180 from what they claim is the truth. Why now? Why the focus on White Terrorism?

Well, isn't it obvious. They want to take our guns. Democrats are great at setting up the conditions for chaos and then they blame the result on their political opponents.

I can't exactly get away with saying that Democrats actually planned the attacks. At least not yet. Although their refusal to condemn Antifa is very suspicious. It's strange how the media within minutes blames the right for these attacks....only to discover that the media lied. These kids are Satan worshipers who also hate minorities....so of course....only rightwingers are racist. What total horseshit. These kids are all young screwed up assholes that have problems getting along with people around them. They're the Canary in the mine. This is just a result of the constant drumbeat of horrible rhetoric coming from the left.

N-kvNkyu
When they actually reconvene, that would be worth a "Breaking News" thread. Until then, you're cluttering up the forum.
That's rich......after 3 years of Russian Collusion nonsense.....

And why do you believe people should pay any attention to what you or your daughter think (and she is just parroting your juvenile nonsense it seems)

And of course none of the weapons discussed are automatic weapons.

There are something like 20 million Ar 15 rifles in the hands of the general public and a percentage of them that is so low that it is essentially zero ( and would be called zero in regards to any other topic) are used to commit murder.

So it's obviously not the gun that is the problem
Sheesh!

Look at it from the democrat point of view. The cartels have made millionaires of corrupt mexican politicians. Before democrats can get that kind of payday, the United States has to have the same kind of gun control as Mexico. Americans will fight. They must be deprived of the ability to fight and that is the job of the democrats.

A few Democrats have started virtue-signalling by calling for Congress to come back from their expensive vacations and to pass gun laws that will further infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights.

Democrats have been pushing this scenario for over a month.....so let's explore this. Usually you would think that one should would wait till after it happens before you start harping about it....but Democrats predicted it would happen....and trust me, these people are idiots. They can't predict anything. Usually the truth is a 180 from what they claim is the truth. Why now? Why the focus on White Terrorism?

Well, isn't it obvious. They want to take our guns. Democrats are great at setting up the conditions for chaos and then they blame the result on their political opponents.

I can't exactly get away with saying that Democrats actually planned the attacks. At least not yet. Although their refusal to condemn Antifa is very suspicious. It's strange how the media within minutes blames the right for these attacks....only to discover that the media lied. These kids are Satan worshipers who also hate minorities....so of course....only rightwingers are racist. What total horseshit. These kids are all young screwed up assholes that have problems getting along with people around them. They're the Canary in the mine. This is just a result of the constant drumbeat of horrible rhetoric coming from the left.

N-kvNkyu
When they actually reconvene, that would be worth a "Breaking News" thread. Until then, you're cluttering up the forum.
That's rich......after 3 years of Russian Collusion nonsense.....
This is for breaking news. Not your panic attacks.

N-kvNkyu
It is about time. Americans have proven that they cannot be trusted with guns.
If that were true the whole country would be like Chicago on Friday night.
It is getting that way.

N-kvNkyu

You don't get to decide who can own a gun.. The 2nd amendment does and cannot be infringed upon.. You Commies can scream , meltdown all you want.. YOU WILL NEVER DISARM PATRIOTS. It will never happen.. there will be Civil War first and you pansyasses don't want that, trust me.
The government can decide.

N-kvNkyu
So the minuscule fraction of a percent of people who kill with guns represent all Americans now?
It has become too much of a problem. Too many innocent people are dying just so insecure men can own guns. It is just insane.

N-kvNkyu
Trumps won re-election.

N-kvNkyu
So the minuscule fraction of a percent of people who kill with guns represent all Americans now?
It has become too much of a problem. Too many innocent people are dying just so insecure men can own guns. It is just insane.
What's insane is you folks can't figure out better ways of solving the problem other than taking away freedoms from law abiding citizens. It never occurred to you that taking away the rights of criminals is a possibility.

N-kvNkyu
Nope. Not gonna happen. This is America....we love our guns more than we love our children. Fact.

N-kvNkyu
What's insane is you folks can't figure out better ways of solving the problem other than taking away freedoms from law abiding citizens. It never occurred to you that taking away the rights of criminals is a possibility.
Shooting and killing people is already illegal. How's that working for us?

N-kvNkyu

The gun owners I know and associate with are not insecure.

Don't project the issues of some of these sick individuals who think shooting up a place is their only option with the many millions of people who own guns and will never commit any crime never mind mass murder

N-kvNkyu
Shooting and killing people is already illegal. How's that working for us?

So you can predict the future now and just magically know whose rights should be taken away?

No of course you can't you just want to take everyone's rights away because an extremely small fraction of a percent of people do bad things

Last edited:

INSECURE MEN? WTF are you even talking about? Tell me, how 'secure' do you think those people at Walmart felt being unarmed in the face of a shooter? Your thinking is upside down, are you a Democrat?

N-kvNkyu

they started making AR15's in 1959.

there's a lot of reasons i look back and miss the old days. i fail to see how giving up constitutional rights will make me feel safer.

Forum List

Back