Democrats..Unpatriotic over Obamacare

They just don't believe in allowing the legislative process to run it's course. They would rather jackboot the process..

hBE802711_zpsdaf92a8e.gif

The ACA was debated throughout 2009 and into 2010 when it passed BOTH HOUSES and then was signed into LAW...on March 23, 2010. LAW.

It made its way through the federal courts and was ruled constitutional by SCOTUS.

Um.... the 2012 election was held almost a year ago. The President who signed the ACA into LAW was REELECTED. So much for your "will of the people" excuse.

What you're asking for is a do-over. If you want to amend, modify, or repeal the ACA then purpose a bill and get it though both houses and have the President sign that new bill. That's how the legislative process works.

You don't get to stop a LAW which is mostly mandatory spending (not discretionary) by blackmail or extortion-- or by attaching language that might not even be legal to a Continuing Resolution. Win some elections first, then try again.

What part of LAW aren't you people understanding???

They just don't believe in allowing the legislative process to run it's course. They would rather jackboot the process..

No, there's just a point when you agree an issue is SETTLED.

ACA was passed by Congress.
Found to be legal by the Supreme Court
Validated by the election of 2012 which Democrats won.

That's exactly right. Now, the GOP needs to look down at their little Constitutions they have stuck in their pockets and uphold that document. I think it's so hypocritical what they are doing it isn't even funny.

I realize laws are repealed and often removed of their funding. This is done through the legislative process. They want to hypocritically avoid the legislative process.

Americans, generally, disagree, Lumpy1.

Final comment.

The Associated Press-GfK survey released Wednesday attributes blame to all sides for the current standoff, while Congress receives an approval rating of just 5%.

WASHINGTON — Americans are holding Republicans primarily responsible for the partial government shutdown as public esteem sinks for all players in the impasse, President Barack Obama among them, according to a new poll. It's a struggle with no heroes.
Poll: Republicans get the blame in shutdown

Delirious Leader makes a habit of stomping on the Constitution, inhibiting free speech and having his media spread misinformation...That's Un-American

He is a very consistent liar, Democrats love that about him...:thup:

Cannot handle the truth, have to resort to rightwingnut flap-yap:lol:

Delirious Leader makes a habit of stomping on the Constitution, inhibiting free speech and having his media spread misinformation...That's Un-American

He is a very consistent liar, Democrats love that about him...:thup:

Cannot handle the truth, have to resort to rightwingnut flap-yap:lol:

"rightwingnut flap-yap"...okay, that is funny..:lol:

Firstly, the Politico link.

Even if Reid allowed it into the Senate and it somehow passed (which I highly doubt it would in a Democratic majority), it goes to the president...what then? The President gives up his signature legislative achievement instead of vetoing it? :lol:

He's actually not wrong; any bill defunding or delaying Obamacare is dead at this point.

I find myself agreeing that the "filling the tree" tactic isn't democratic, though.

Firstly, the Politico link.

Even if Reid allowed it into the Senate and it somehow passed (which I highly doubt it would in a Democratic majority), it goes to the president...what then? The President gives up his signature legislative achievement instead of vetoing it? :lol:

He's actually not wrong; any bill defunding or delaying Obamacare is dead at this point.

I find myself agreeing that the "filling the tree" tactic isn't democratic, though.

Well...okay

I wouldn't mind minimum government sponsored healthcare if it was an option only

If it started up and was competitive, I might join, I just don't like the government forcing their will over me. They've taken tooo much already. Why is this so unreasonable to Democrats?

bottom line..good idea but horrendous plan.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back