Dick Cheney: Obama Has Been 'Unmitigated Disaster To The Country'

Dick Cheney along with Harriet Miers, Karl Rove and others, were subpoenaed to testify before congress during the Bush Administration. They failed to appear. They were all in contempt. None were ever held accountable. These are plain facts.
The partisan call was not constitutionally viable. In contempt of what? People doing their damnedest to destroy the Constitution.

Of course none were ever held accountable. They acted according to the plain facts of the Constitution.

Let me warn you of 'Willy'?

He will lead you on a path of Circular Logic...

Cheney is a crook from the Nixon mold. The man even tried to develop his own classification of "secret" so that he wasn't accountable to anyone for the things he did while in office. He's a despicable criminal. I wish he would try to go to Europe or Africa and be dragged off to face an international court.

But the truth is, Cheney will never leave the US and Canada again. He can't. And his health won't let him anyway. He'll be dead soon enough and we'll be rid of him.
According to whose interpretation of the Constitution.

And if you're intimating Democrats are staging a no-win international situation to people who belong to the Republican Party, may I remind you you could choke on your own piece of rope by your own doing and not ours.

Last edited:
Dick Cheney along with Harriet Miers, Karl Rove and others, were subpoenaed to testify before congress during the Bush Administration. They failed to appear. They were all in contempt. None were ever held accountable. These are plain facts.
The partisan call was not constitutionally viable. In contempt of what? People doing their damnedest to destroy the Constitution.

Of course none were ever held accountable. They acted according to the plain facts of the Constitution.

Oh, I get it. When they lose an argument based on their House of Cards, they send in a circular logician. Thanks. He is now ignored.

Oh, I get it. When they lose an argument based on their House of Cards, they send in a circular logician. Thanks. He is now ignored.

Right. You can't produce this "constitutional" right to fail to appear on a subpoena.

The man is a criminal. He failed to appear. It's a crime.

Cheney is a crook from the Nixon mold.

Nixon did great things for this country; name one POSITIVE thing Cheney did.

My uncle did great things for my aunt. He also beat her within an inch of her life regularly.

I sure can't name much positive that Cheney did. Nixon did do some fine things but he was a crook and he got caught and he ended up being a disgrace to American politics AND leaving the country in a terrible mess when we needed strong leadership most.

My uncle did great things for my aunt. He also beat her within an inch of her life regularly.

I sure can't name much positive that Cheney did. Nixon did do some fine things but he was a crook and he got caught and he ended up being a disgrace to American politics AND leaving the country in a terrible mess when we needed strong leadership most.

Ford helped us recover right quick. :clap2:

He did it with relish with far too many in this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-a-political-issue.html?highlight=Sweet+Willy

Round,, Round,, Round and around...the guy is a fruitloop.

I always did think Ford was a good man. I wasn't really old enough to know then what was going on... my first "political" memory was riding in the back of my moms car and hearing Ford being sworn into office on the radio. Years later I would see him on those BSA commercials saying that becoming an Eagle Scout doesn't mean that you get to be President, but it sure can't hurt. I think he was good to restore some integrity that Nixon stole from the office.

Right. You can't produce this "constitutional" right to fail to appear on a subpoena.

You're wrong. I can. You're not being up front about Vice President Cheney's innocence because you have been instructed to win at all costs, and last time beating up the former administration helped you. This time, I hope it doesn't help you.
"How Separation of Powers Works

When a constitution or charter establishes a state or governance, that document sets forth the structure of government. If separation of powers is established, the chartering documents creates the branches of government. Most commonly, democracies contain three branches of government: executive, legislative and judicial branches.
The first three articles of the US Constitution created separation of powers.

• Article I created the legislature, giving them only the powers listed in Article I section 8.
  • Article II created the executive branch, vesting the power in the President.
  • Article III created the judiciary branch, mandating that a Supreme Court hold judicial power.
The chartering document also delegates certain powers to each of the branches of the government. For example, in the United States:

• The legislative branch consists of Congress. Congress is vested with the power to make laws, declare war or martial law, control the money, ratify treaties, and confirm the appointment of judges to the judiciary.
  • The executive branch consists of the President. The President has the power to carry out the word of Congress (i.e. to execute money controls, execute war declaration, etc.), to command the armed forces, to create treaties, to appoint judges to the judiciary, and to veto laws.
  • The judicial branch has the power to interpret and apply the law. Under Marbury v. Madison (a case that interpreted the implied grant of power in Article III) they also have the power of judicial review. This means they can review laws made by the legislature to ensure the laws are constitutional.
Thus, under separation of powers, everyone has certain jobs and holds responsibility for different parts of the government actions." Why Do We Need Separation of Powers?
Some people try to take the Constitution and twist it into ways it can benefit a partisan interest. President Bush did now allow this to happen to his staff. The Congress did not impeach either one of them.

You and your fellow partisan apparatchiks are wrong for calling a President of the United States and his Vice President who served honorably criminals.

You cannot come up with a justification, and neither could the partisans who attempted to skirt Articles I II and III by screaming and screwing around with the Constitution so that they could confuse people and get votes for the next election.

It was a partisan example of how Democrats can destroy Republicans in the eyes of the public if they tell enough big ones. You can kill the body but not the soul, sir.

It's just that simple.

Last edited:

He did it with relish with far too many in this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-a-political-issue.html?highlight=Sweet+Willy

Round,, Round,, Round and around...the guy is a fruitloop.

Yeah... the cold sun club.

That was fun. You still calling the sun cold T?

Where is the Supeona?

Careful Becki...this is how he continues his idiocy...

I always did think Ford was a good man. I wasn't really old enough to know then what was going on... my first "political" memory was riding in the back of my moms car and hearing Ford being sworn into office on the radio. Years later I would see him on those BSA commercials saying that becoming an Eagle Scout doesn't mean that you get to be President, but it sure can't hurt. I think he was good to restore some integrity that Nixon stole from the office.

I was young also, but now admire Ford's courage in pardoning Nixon. It cost him the election perhaps but helped the country heal.

When a constitution or charter establishes a state or governance, that document sets forth the structure of government. If separation of powers is established, the chartering documents creates the branches of government. Most commonly, democracies contain three branches of government: executive, legislative and judicial branches.

• Article I created the legislature, giving them only the powers listed in Article I section 8.
  • Article III created the judiciary branch, mandating that a Supreme Court hold judicial power.
The chartering document also delegates certain powers to each of the branches of the government. For example, in the United States:

• The legislative branch consists of Congress. Congress is vested with the power to make laws, declare war or martial law, control the money, ratify treaties, and confirm the appointment of judges to the judiciary.
  • The executive branch consists of the President. The President has the power to carry out the word of Congress (i.e. to execute money controls, execute war declaration, etc.), to command the armed forces, to create treaties, to appoint judges to the judiciary, and to veto laws.
  • The judicial branch has the power to interpret and apply the law. Under Marbury v. Madison (a case that interpreted the implied grant of power in Article III) they also have the power of judicial review. This means they can review laws made by the legislature to ensure the laws are constitutional.
Thus, under separation of powers, everyone has certain jobs and holds responsibility for different parts of the government actions." Why Do We Need Separation of Powers?
Some people try to take the Constitution and twist it into ways it can benefit a partisan interest. President Bush did now allow this to happen to his staff. The Congress did not impeach either one of them.

You and your fellow partisan apparatchiks are wrong for calling a President of the United States and his Vice President who served honorably criminals.

You cannot come up with a justification, and neither could the partisans who attempted to skirt Articles I II and III by screaming and screwing around with the Constitution so that they could confuse people and get votes for the next election.

It was a partisan example of how Democrats can destroy Republicans if they tell enough big ones.

It's just that simple.

Becki... that's nice for a civics class but there is nothing there that states that anyone, anywhere is not required to answer a legal subpoena.

See...there is this thing called the 5th amendment. If you would like to say nothing, you can say nothing. But what is not provided for is the right to ignore a subpoena. There is no such right.

You = fail.

I was young also, but now admire Ford's courage in pardoning Nixon. It cost him the election perhaps but helped the country heal.

Well yeah... I guess it is generally seen that way. I'd hate to think what it would have been like for the country but in the long run, it may have done wonders for honesty and integrity in politics if Nixon had been put on trial and sent to prison. The example set by the whole thing was a negative, although it did make it easy on the country. Much like this subpoena issue, once one administration has set a precedent, it will be used over and over. After Bush / Cheney, we'll never prosecute a crime in the executive branch again. They established that the executive branch doesn't answer to anyone.

Griping about Cheney anything to keep the attention off Obama. Sorry but this election will not be about Cheney it is about Obama that is not going to change.

It was a partisan example of how Democrats can destroy Republicans if they tell enough big ones.

It's just that simple.

Becki... that's nice for a civics class but there is nothing there that states that anyone, anywhere is not required to answer a legal subpoena.

See...there is this thing called the 5th amendment. If you would like to say nothing, you can say nothing. But what is not provided for is the right to ignore a subpoena. There is no such right.

You = fail.
No, your house of cards fell before you got here. You're the cleanup crew, except for one huge problem.

The Constitution and its misuse by your Democrat cronies to damage Republicans. It worked quite well for you as a publicity stunt, and you're right. People fail when someone murders and assassinates their good character with lies.

When you get rid of all the good guys who do keep the Constitution and obey the laws of right and wrong, and your publicity stunts work so well for you, consider what you are replacing with publicity stunts as a standard.

Then when publicity stunts is the only thing that gets things passed, tell me how it works for you when the people you pissed on help aggressors to take the communism you instill onto this soil that heretofore has only enslaved people to a strong central bunch of crazy publicity stuntmakers who suddenly turn off the communications between government and people except for taking all the people's earnings and "bestow" it back to them.

Forum List

Back