Dick’s Sporting Goods Makes A Courageous Political Statement

The left wing nut jobs who applaud this....aren't their customers.....and their potential customers...are the one's they are making made with the sucking up to the leftards.....the CEO needs to be fired over this stupid policy....

You don't have to be a customer, or a potential customer, to recognize simple basic integrity.
I understand that may be a foreign concept for you but -- "believe me". It ain't rocket surgery.

What does a meaningless gesture have to do with integrity, you loser....

The AR-15 civilian rifle is the most popular rifle in the country, over 8 million in private hands, and a handful have been used in crime...in democrat gun free zones.....those 8 million rifles haven't harmed anyone, and, in fact, several of them have saved lives in democrat gun free zones and in other crimes committed by criminals released by democrat policies......

So take your crap and sell it to someone who is as dumb as you and the CEO of Dick's....
Democrat policies have caused people to kill with an AR-15, but you said that these weapons have never harmed anyone...

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.
Never seems to work when I throw bullets at people...

See, that's the thing -- you can throw bullets at people.... nothing. In order to kill people you need a gun.

View attachment 188765
Dick's Sporting Goods to destroy all unsold assault-style weapons

:11_2_1043::thankusmile: there Dick's! That's an odd sentence. But...
:yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::11_2_1043:

btw: If anyone finds a video of them being scrapped, post it for DOPer Gun Nutters to enjoy!

They are destroying the most popular model of rifle in the United States......to make people who do not go to Dick's sporting goods like them....while they piss off the actual people who would go to Dick's sporting goods.....and while they are offending and driving off gun owners, their logical customer population.......they do nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters...

For an empty gesture, they are destroying their business...

The CEO of Dick's needs to be fired immediately.....

And here he is again, Captain Kirk circa 1966, all butthurt because there's somebody running their own business that he can't control. Thanks for self-identifying, fascist.

"and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more" --- Isaiah 2:4​

Dipshit....I don't care about how they run their business....you dumb shit stain.....the fascists here are the ones bowing to the pressure from the actual fascists who want to end the freedoms in the Bill of Rights.....

You "don't care how they run their business" so much that you jump into every thread about them whining in 354 posts.

Tell me more about this "don't care" concept, whiny bitch.

You are a shit stain.....or did we agree to call you an asswipe? I forget....

Why don't you have yourself a good cry, Flakey.... :boo_hoo14:

You don't have to be a customer, or a potential customer, to recognize simple basic integrity.
I understand that may be a foreign concept for you but -- "believe me". It ain't rocket surgery.

The AR-15 civilian rifle is the most popular rifle in the country, over 8 million in private hands, and a handful have been used in crime...in democrat gun free zones.....those 8 million rifles haven't harmed anyone, and, in fact, several of them have saved lives in democrat gun free zones and in other crimes committed by criminals released by democrat policies......

So take your crap and sell it to someone who is as dumb as you and the CEO of Dick's....
Democrat policies have caused people to kill with an AR-15, but you said that these weapons have never harmed anyone...

See, that's the thing -- you can throw bullets at people.... nothing. In order to kill people you need a gun.

Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to save lives....far more than criminals with guns take using guns...after democrats let those criminals out of jail over and over again.....

And more truth.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

MAGA. Dick's Knows Best! For a better America. Again, that's an odd sentence.

EU-01.jpg

It's just the right thang to do for civilian public safety.
Some Dick's Love America's kids at least. FFS!
Again, that's an odd sentence.
29066306_908927065944073_4972814717084244570_n.jpg

Or a hammer to drive the bullets in...I've been in some of the worst cities with crime and never had a gun and never needed one...I always had a hammer and bullets..

Or a hammer to drive the bullets in...I've been in some of the worst cities with crime and never had a gun and never needed one...I always had a hammer and bullets..

Tell that to Dr. Petit.

EU-01.jpg

View attachment 188784

yes, they are all rifle class. AR-XXX are just to kill peoples.

You mean except for when the NRA instructor used his private AR-15 civilian rifle to save 26 lives, likely even more, at the church shooting in Texas...you mean except for that...when the police never showed up...or when the man used his AR-15 civilian rifle to stop his neighbor from being stabbed to death, you mean except for that? Right?

Here is a list......

5 People Who Used An AR-15 to Defend Themselves, and It Probably Saved Their Lives

Onliest thing with that method is, you have to get them to agree -- "pardon me, would you stand still right here and lean against this wall so I can hammer this here bullet into your head?" See, a gun cuts that step out.

EU-01.jpg

View attachment 188784

yes, they are all rifle class. AR-XXX are just to kill peoples.

You mean except for when the NRA instructor used his private AR-15 civilian rifle to save 26 lives, likely even more, at the church shooting in Texas...you mean except for that...when the police never showed up...or when the man used his AR-15 civilian rifle to stop his neighbor from being stabbed to death, you mean except for that? Right?

Here is a list......

5 People Who Used An AR-15 to Defend Themselves, and It Probably Saved Their Lives

AR-15 civilian rifles are used as often or even more often to save lives than they are to take lives....

Tell that to Dr. Petit.

Is that what you call your little guy? That's cute. No wonder you need armaments. :itsok:

Tell that to Dr. Petit.

Is that what you call your little guy? That's cute. No wonder you need armaments. :itsok:

Dr. Petit likely believed the same way as you do about guns........

Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders - Wikipedia

Home invasion[edit]
According to Hayes' confession, the two men had planned to rob the Petit house under cover of darkness leaving the family bound, but unharmed. Hayes attributed the outcome to a change of plan. Upon their arrival in the early hours of July 23, they found William Petit sleeping on a couch on the porch.[10] Komisarjevsky struck William on the head with a baseball bat found in the yard and then tied him up at gunpoint in the basement. The children and their mother were then bound and locked in their respective rooms.[1][11]
------------

During this time, Hayes and Komisarjevsky escalated the aggravated nature of their crimes: Komisarjevsky raped the 11-year-old Michaela.[15][16] Komisarjevsky, who had photographed the sexual assault of the girl on his cell phone,[17] then provoked Hayes into raping Jennifer. While Hayes was raping her on the floor of the living room, Komisarjevsky entered the room and announced that William Petit had escaped. Hayes then strangled Jennifer, doused her lifeless body and parts of the house, including the daughters' rooms, with gasoline. While tied to their beds, both daughters had been doused with gasoline; each had her head covered with a pillowcase.[18] A fire was started, and Hayes and Komisarjevsky fled the scene. Hayley and Michaela both died of smoke inhalation.[19]
William Petit had been able to free himself, escape his confines, and call to a neighbor for help.[20] The neighbor indicated that he did not recognize him due to the severity of Petit's injuries. In court testimony, William Petit stated that he felt a "jolt of adrenaline" coupled with a need to escape upon hearing one of the perpetrators state: "Don't worry, it's going to be all over in a couple of minutes." Petit then told the jury, "I thought, it's now or never because in my mind at that moment, I thought they were going to shoot all of us."[21]
Hayes and Komisarjevsky fled the scene using the Petit family car. They were immediately spotted by police surveillance, pursued, and arrested one block away.[14] The whole invasion lasted seven hours.

View attachment 188765

btw: If anyone finds a video of them being scrapped, post it for DOPer Gun Nutters to enjoy!

They are destroying the most popular model of rifle in the United States......to make people who do not go to Dick's sporting goods like them....while they piss off the actual people who would go to Dick's sporting goods.....and while they are offending and driving off gun owners, their logical customer population.......they do nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters...

And here he is again, Captain Kirk circa 1966, all butthurt because there's somebody running their own business that he can't control. Thanks for self-identifying, fascist.

"and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more" --- Isaiah 2:4​
Are you baked?

OMG! A corporation that values their self integrity more than their profit margin! They must not have gotten the memo that the GOP sends out to all of corporate America on a regular basis! What next, American tobacco ceases selling cigarettes?

Two weeks after seventeen students and staff members were killed in the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, Dick’s Sporting Goods took steps to limit their sales of firearms. Announcing a policy change, Dick’s would no longer sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

In addition to the new policy concerning the age requirement, the company also ended sales of all assault-style rifles and high-capacity magazines in its stores.

Despite a frivolous age discrimination lawsuit filed for Tyler Watson, a 20-year-old boy from Gold Hill, Oregon, Dick’s Sporting Goods is standing firm on this and other policy changes concerning the sales of deadly weapons and other related paraphernalia.

To assure certain dangerous weapons currently in their inventory never wind up in the hands of the wrong people, Dick’s has decided not to return the many items to the manufacturers for reimbursement and redistribution to other dealers. Instead, Dick’s will destroy all such inventory, taking the hit in the company’s bottom line.

A spokeswoman for Dick’s Sporting Goods told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, “ ‘We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.’ ”

The specified weapons will be destroyed at the company’s distribution centers, after which the resulting scrap will sent to a salvage company to be recycled.

Given the growing number of corporations distancing themselves from the NRA, and retailers changing their policies so as to limit people’s ability to purchase dangerous weapons and attachments, it’s apparent times-are-a-changin’.

The surviving students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School have inspired, not only a grassroots movement in school age kids, their parents, and adults nationwide, but also forced radical changes in the U.S. political climate and the corporate mind set.

A few congressional Republicans have shown a willingness to work to pass commonsense gun regulations, while others are beginning to see the writing on the wall. They, like House Speaker Paul Ryan, have tucked their tails between their legs and are resigning or retiring, rather than face the hundreds-of-thousands of high school students who will be 18 YOA, who will definitely vote this November, and will be a major influence in the 2018 mid-term elections.

Dick's Sporting Goods will destroy assault-style rifles pulled from shelve

Thanks for the Dick's Heads Up.

None of this will mean Dick to slowing the incidents of school shootings WHATSOEVER, it will just Dick Off more Dick customers, and is only going to backlash into hurting Dick Sporting Goods. Good for them. just one more reason not to shop at the Big Dicks.

The left wing nut jobs who applaud this....aren't their customers.....and their potential customers...are the one's they are making made with the sucking up to the leftards.....the CEO needs to be fired over this stupid policy....

You don't have to be a shareholder, or a potential shareholder, to recognize simple basic destruction of capital.

View attachment 188765

Are you baked?

"Baked"? No I'm not "baked". I've been "fried" from time to time. I've never been "roasted" -- or "poached" for that matter although I have been mugged.

But yes, it is much warmer here today, thanks for askin'.

Two weeks after seventeen students and staff members were killed in the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, Dick’s Sporting Goods took steps to limit their sales of firearms. Announcing a policy change, Dick’s would no longer sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

In addition to the new policy concerning the age requirement, the company also ended sales of all assault-style rifles and high-capacity magazines in its stores.

Despite a frivolous age discrimination lawsuit filed for Tyler Watson, a 20-year-old boy from Gold Hill, Oregon, Dick’s Sporting Goods is standing firm on this and other policy changes concerning the sales of deadly weapons and other related paraphernalia.

To assure certain dangerous weapons currently in their inventory never wind up in the hands of the wrong people, Dick’s has decided not to return the many items to the manufacturers for reimbursement and redistribution to other dealers. Instead, Dick’s will destroy all such inventory, taking the hit in the company’s bottom line.

A spokeswoman for Dick’s Sporting Goods told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, “ ‘We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.’ ”

The specified weapons will be destroyed at the company’s distribution centers, after which the resulting scrap will sent to a salvage company to be recycled.

Given the growing number of corporations distancing themselves from the NRA, and retailers changing their policies so as to limit people’s ability to purchase dangerous weapons and attachments, it’s apparent times-are-a-changin’.

The surviving students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School have inspired, not only a grassroots movement in school age kids, their parents, and adults nationwide, but also forced radical changes in the U.S. political climate and the corporate mind set.

A few congressional Republicans have shown a willingness to work to pass commonsense gun regulations, while others are beginning to see the writing on the wall. They, like House Speaker Paul Ryan, have tucked their tails between their legs and are resigning or retiring, rather than face the hundreds-of-thousands of high school students who will be 18 YOA, who will definitely vote this November, and will be a major influence in the 2018 mid-term elections.

Dick's Sporting Goods will destroy assault-style rifles pulled from shelve

Thanks for the Dick's Heads Up.

None of this will mean Dick to slowing the incidents of school shootings WHATSOEVER, it will just Dick Off more Dick customers, and is only going to backlash into hurting Dick Sporting Goods. Good for them. just one more reason not to shop at the Big Dicks.

You don't have to be a shareholder, or a potential shareholder, to recognize simple basic destruction of capital.

True. And this business is not only doing that -- they're announcing they're doing that. Which returns us to "integrity".

Forum List

Back