DNA testing reveals a THIRD of migrants faked family relationship with children to claim asylum

From the OP article:

It is unclear whether every family unit was tested during the pilot, or only those who raised some sort of red flag. An ICE spokesman did not immediately respond to request for comment.

VERIFY: Report claiming one third of families seeking asylum in US aren't related is misleading

The pilot program found 30% of the migrants tested weren’t actually related to the children they were with. What's left out is that authorities only tested migrants that they already suspected were with children not their own.

A Washington Examiner story reporting on this same pilot program stated the rapid DNA tests were of adult immigrants who were suspected of arriving at the southern border with children other than their own. It stated about 30% of those tested were found to be unrelated to the children they were with.

An ICE official confirmed to VERIFY that there was a pilot program for DNA testing of migrant adults suspected of fraudulently posing as families. The ICE official also confirmed that the number in the Examiner story -- 30% -- was correct.

The official said fraudulent families are already being identified without DNA testing through law enforcement observations, documented evidence or other intelligence by various teams.

ICE officers are trained to identify potential fraud and human trafficking - if they suspect it, the pilot program does DNA testing. Nothing wrong with that. It helps stop REAL cases of trafficking without harrassing legitimate families. Too bad the OP lied.

I wonder what they do with the children once they've been turned loose?
How many again?
I thought. They were in cages
So, do they stay in the cages until purchased for another entry into the States? I'm thinking lots of these poor kids end up in ditches and wooded areas, dead or dying. After they have been used do you really think the adults who have used them will provide security, shelter, and a happy family life?

When you grow up in their condition, you MIGHT have something to say.
When was the last time you walked 2000 miles?
As they say " if you haven't been there you have zero to say"
Might be useful if you knew the def of liberal.
Latin, free
For the individual and small gov

What does walking 2000 miles have to do with the fact that kids might be trafficked? I'll answer for you because your unable. Nothing. It sounds like you have zero to say. You personaly do not know if the kid was from honduras or picked up off the street in Mexico, but their skin is brown so you don't know the difference.
Amazing that the photos and videos of the caravans marching north feature almost no children but when the invaders arrive at the border, they all have "families".

Latin, free

What does walking 2000 miles have to do with the fact that kids might be trafficked? I'll answer for you because your unable. Nothing. It sounds like you have zero to say. You personaly do not know if the kid was from honduras or picked up off the street in Mexico, but their skin is brown so you don't know the difference.
Amazing that the photos and videos of the caravans marching north feature almost no children but when the invaders arrive at the border, they all have "families".

You don't see them because they are all in the back. When they approach the border, they are ordered to the front of the mob so that the liberal MSM can record and play it on the news.

No surprise that they're liars and cheats too. Reason enough to give the choice of leaving and never coming back or standng up in front of a firing squad. Ship the kids back to where they came from and banish their parents from ever coming here.
Daily mail, the most laughed at bunch in the uk.
Info wars better
its on the ICE website too and if you do a google search other local news stations picked it up. but go ahead , bash the post because you dont want to know the truth..

So why didn't you post the link to the ICE website originally? Why didn't you post that link in the post I'm responding to? If you have a more reliable source, don't you feel an obligation to provide it?
I am not your mother, I shouldnt have to post any other links. If you thought it was false you should have proved otherwise. But again your a democrat and you need help wiping your butt. So ...

You didn't post the link because it doesn't actually say what your deceptive link says it does...as Coyote pointed out. No integrity...

Daily Mail - Media Bias/Fact Check

I say that you need a less questionable source.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...82d3f3d96d5_story.html?utm_term=.004356bc4965

Please note that DHS are ONLY TESTING PEOPLE THESE SUSPECT ARE NOT RELATED TO THE CHILDREN, AND IF THIS REPORT IS CORRECT, DHS OFFICIALS ARE WRONG 2/3 OF THE TIME WHEN MAKING SUCH ASSESSMENTS.

Fools on this board will say that means 1/3 of the people crossing the border with children, are lying about relationships, but in reality it's only 1/3 of the people they're testing at most. What percentage are they testing? If you test 100 people and 30 of them aren't related to the children, that sounds like a lot. But if there are 10,000 people crossing the border, and you're only testing 100 you suspect aren't related, and 30 out of 10,000 aren't related, that's less than 1% of the total people crossing the border.

Latin, free

You don't see them because they are all in the back. When they approach the border, they are ordered to the front of the mob so that the liberal MSM can record and play it on the news.
I also wonder how many children die during their "walk" north? Why aren't those deaths reported?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...82d3f3d96d5_story.html?utm_term=.004356bc4965

Please note that DHS are ONLY TESTING PEOPLE THESE SUSPECT ARE NOT RELATED TO THE CHILDREN, AND IF THIS REPORT IS CORRECT, DHS OFFICIALS ARE WRONG 2/3 OF THE TIME WHEN MAKING SUCH ASSESSMENTS.

Fools on this board will say that means 1/3 of the people crossing the border with children, are lying about relationships, but in reality it's only 1/3 of the people they're testing at most. What percentage are they testing? If you test 100 people and 30 of them aren't related to the children, that sounds like a lot. But if there are 10,000 people crossing the border, and you're only testing 100 you suspect aren't related, and 30 out of 10,000 aren't related, that's less than 1% of the total people crossing the border.
Let's test all "families", not just the suspect groups including children.

That's a lot of "if''s" Dragonlady. But even if it's a third of who were tested, that's enough to conclude that yes, people are using children to get into the country.

It's also noted it's a pilot program, meaning that if successful, it will likely be more widespread with successful results.

And so, once the word gets out there that the US is DNA testing children and adults, it will make it less likely for people who are bringing in bought children will be making their way here.

The pilot program will focus on a select number of adults suspected by Customs and Border Protection agents of posing as the parents of migrant children...
In many cases, he says, immigrant parents already in the U.S. pay for fake documents for an adult travelling companion to bring their children.

Fake Birth Certificates And 'Fake Families' Amid Migrant Surge At Border

The officials at the border can sniff out those they think are phonies--they are good at their jobs. It is still a small number of family units that come through the border overall and the stats--1/3 are not related--shows those officials know their jobs.
Good for them.

The article explains that a lot of these "non parents" are relatives of the child, or a friend of the family, trying to bring children to be with parents already in the US. Apparently illegally, so that's no good, though. If the parents were here legally, wouldn't it be easy for them to get their children here?

No, the article explains that the Guatemalan consul SAYS that's the case.

Latin, free
liberals dont care about those children, they only care about the children that might be potential votes for them in the future

I also wonder how many children die during their "walk" north? Why aren't those deaths reported?

Daily mail "told" the examiner?
A real reputable source.
You can't be a Brit, we laugh at the Mail
I wonder what our hospital rate is.
As through History, migrants are the most aggressive and inventive and productive.
Would you have the guts to give up everything and move thousands of miles?
I guess you know our Muslims are better educated and earn more than we local rubes?

No -- you got that backwards.. It was a Washington Examiner story that they got exclusively from a whistle-blower....

DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated

VERIFY: Report claiming one third of families seeking asylum in US aren't related is misleading

The pilot program found 30% of the migrants tested weren’t actually related to the children they were with. What's left out is that authorities only tested migrants that they already suspected were with children not their own.

A Washington Examiner story reporting on this same pilot program stated the rapid DNA tests were of adult immigrants who were suspected of arriving at the southern border with children other than their own. It stated about 30% of those tested were found to be unrelated to the children they were with.

An ICE official confirmed to VERIFY that there was a pilot program for DNA testing of migrant adults suspected of fraudulently posing as families. The ICE official also confirmed that the number in the Examiner story -- 30% -- was correct.

The official said fraudulent families are already being identified without DNA testing through law enforcement observations, documented evidence or other intelligence by various teams.

ICE officers are trained to identify potential fraud and human trafficking - if they suspect it, the pilot program does DNA testing. Nothing wrong with that. It helps stop REAL cases of trafficking without harrassing legitimate families. Too bad the OP lied.

It just means that ICE is CORRECT 30% of the time they SUSPECT this vile fraud... So this pilot program probably DOES lead to a VERY LARGE NUMBER of stolen, rented or otherwise snatched kids being trafficked.

If it's 30% of a suspected group and ICE turns out to be pretty good at guessing, that might make it 10 or 15% of ALL the kids being dragged across the border...

Should have been doing this YEARS ago.... Don't you agree? Because all this talk about decriminalizing border crossing and getting released IF YOU RENT a kid is what's causing this refugee stream.... Those Dems played directly to the Telemundo audience down in Latin America.. And MILLIONS are probably their trip as we speak...

Or ICE can only guess at the MOST OBVIOUS cases.. In your group of 10,000 "families" it could be as high as 5 to 15%... Making this about THOUSANDS of trafficked kids..

Don't you WANT TO KNOW?????????????

Cool...they have time and $$ to do DNA testing, but they can't give them beds, blankets, clothes, shampoo, or toothbrushes. #MAGA! I bet all CRCs are proud as punch.

Yes, those Democrats in Congress are heartless with refusing funding. But they finally did late last week. So because of Republican efforts and threats, those beds and accommodations can now be provided.

Let's test all "families", not just the suspect groups including children.
What a better use of money instead of getting them beds, blankets, diapers, food, water, toothbrushes, etc.

Cool...they have time and $$ to do DNA testing, but they can't give them beds, blankets, clothes, shampoo, or toothbrushes. #MAGA! I bet all CRCs are proud as punch.
There are thousands of Americans
whose bed IS a blanket and finger is a toothbrush

WTF

The only real solution I see is to force people to pay

All earnings/income/subsidies needs to have a garnishment

Flat rate or 5% from every source of revenue
No exceptions

All food stamp recipients will have their benefits
reduced by 5% and collectively used for illegals...I mean refugees

Same for SSI, TANF, housing vouchers

Every time I hear, the government can afford
our country can afford, it drives me NUTS