Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No. But I believe a higher being put us here

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I don't think we'll ever know until we die

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Something Else (Specify)

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
Aye, or to put it the opposite way, it's human nature to seek freedom from being under the thumb of some external power.

------ So why invent one? :confused:

Well I'll tell you why. Because if you invent one and declare yourself the high priest/shaman/mucketymuck, you get to control people

Oh wow hun, this is wrong on so many levels... :(

There are those who do use God to their advantage, for power and gain.
RELIGIONS have been "invented" to do what you said above.

But you are not seeing GOD. Like Darkwind said earlier, God is not Church. God is not even RELIGION....

And yet the whole of Christianity hinges on the idea that The Creator of the universe singled out an ancient Arab named Abraham as a favored specimen of humanity.

I just don't buy it. The ancient stories are highly dramatized history spun to favor the writers at best.

And The Word was God.

What if the voice of God that you think is in your head is just you having a conversation with yourself?

If we didn't think in words, would 'God' be an issue? :dunno:

Do you have dreams?

What type of communication would you suggest?

I believe in God and I don't question my belief.

I base my belief on one simple passage in the bible.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Based in a paragraph? Lol come onnnn
What could you add to those statements?

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Not sure i understand the nature of your question

And The Word was God.

What if the voice of God that you think is in your head is just you having a conversation with yourself?

Do you have dreams?

JvEcB5c.jpg

Aye, or to put it the opposite way, it's human nature to seek freedom from being under the thumb of some external power.

Well I'll tell you why. Because if you invent one and declare yourself the high priest/shaman/mucketymuck, you get to control people

But you are not seeing GOD. Like Darkwind said earlier, God is not Church. God is not even RELIGION....

And yet the whole of Christianity hinges on the idea that The Creator of the universe singled out an ancient Arab named Abraham as a favored specimen of humanity.

I just don't buy it. The ancient stories are highly dramatized history spun to favor the writers at best.

Abraham was not an "arab"------arabs did exist at his time---but he was ARAMEAN-----which has nothing to do with being from the
Arabian peninsula----or speaking Arabic. It is a trivial point----but little errors-----get irritating. Mesopotamia is not arabia

Hey Hoss...
There's an axe murderer standing behind you.

Hey, you just read it here. You gonna take my word for it, or you gonna turn around and look?

;)
Talking about mankinds sole duty.

Hey Hoss...

Hey, you just read it here. You gonna take my word for it, or you gonna turn around and look?

;)

Oh you're right, I forgot to accentuate that avoiding that axe murderer is your "sole duty".
Fear him too.

I didn't spell that out but there you go, you have your orders. :lol:

It baffles me why anyone would read a sentence that commands them to "fear" somebody -- and then actually do so. I just can't wrap the head around that. My reaction would be the exact opposite.

Anyway, there goes the old point made earlier that he "loves" us....

Hey Hoss...

;)

Oh you're right, I forgot to accentuate that avoiding that axe murderer is your "sole duty".
Fear him too.

It baffles me why anyone would read a sentence that commands them to "fear" somebody -- and then actually do so. I just can't wrap the head around that. My reaction would be the exact opposite.

Fear, is described in Proverbs. Its meaning to have respect for the holy things.

And The Word was God.

Do you have dreams?

A clear and commanding voice coming from a burning bush that is not consumed by the fire would work.

Abraham was not an "arab"------arabs did exist at his time---but he was ARAMEAN-----which has nothing to do with being from the
Arabian peninsula----or speaking Arabic. It is a trivial point----but little errors-----get irritating. Mesopotamia is not arabia

Potato / Potato - Tomato / Tomato

"Dude from the ancient the middle east."

Better?

I believe in God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit.

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

And The Word was God.

Do you have dreams?

A clear and commanding voice coming from a burning bush that is not consumed by the fire would work.
So you desire to be spoken to through a burning bush, where words spoken and heard?

In your sleep do you dream? If so can you recall those dreams?

Don't take me too seriously... it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the convenience of the age of Biblical Miracles ending just when communication technologies got to the point of being able to effectively document them.

No, I don't dream. At least not that I can recall.

Don't take me too seriously... it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the convenience of the age of Biblical Miracles ending just when communication technologies got to the point of being able to effectively document them.

No, I don't dream. At least not that I can recall.
Even if another sees a miracle today and documented it someone would try to say it was not a miracle. I am pretty certain that is why each must make up our own minds.

Not sure i understand the nature of your question
Those last two statements boils the bible down to a simple creed I can follow without any complicated additions.

Hey Hoss...

;)

Fear him too.

The ''fear'' simply means to ''fear the wrath'' of God if you break the Commandments. That doesn't mean you have to live groveling in fear.

Hey Hoss...

;)

Fear him too.

The ''fear'' simply means to ''fear the wrath'' of God if you break the Commandments. That doesn't mean you have to live groveling in fear.

I dunno Hoss, that's not what it says. It says "Fear God". As an imperative sentence. "God" is a direct object, not indirect. So as I read it yeah it does mean groveling.

But either way, it still quashes the "He loves us" line.

Forum List

Back