Does anyone actually think that Donald Trump would make a good President?

There's been a lot of Trump support recently on the boards, but it's almost always been couched in anti-liberal rhetoric - along the lines of "I like Trump because he makes liberals upset". I have yet to see anyone put there cards on the table and publicly state that they think he would be a good President.

So here we go. Let's here some positive things about Donald Trump from the resident supporters.

What qualities does Donald Trump have that would make him a good President?
Funny, I remember the same question being asked about Obama back in 2008. No one had an answer other than "he's black and you must be a racist to ask that question".

At least Trump has years of administration experience, the dear leader had none.

Trump will make an excellent president. For one thing he puts the best person for the job in the position, then listens to them instead of surrounding himself with synchophants.

Can you give me examples?

Has he hired any professional political handlers yet? From what I've seen those folks can get ya beat.

Not at all. Business and government work for opposite masters.

Not opposite. It's not that simple.

But not the same masters, certainly.
Government should be the referee and the rules shouldn't be rigged in either labor or corporations favor.

Class warfare exists and we're losing.

I agree entirely with the first half of your post.

As to the second half, class warfare will always exist, and always has.

It's as built in to human nature as the desire for power.
The desire for power, or the envy of the powerful? :dunno:

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The egg, the chicken evolved from birds that were already laying eggs.

The fact that he sends his business to China instead of hiring Americans appeals to both Republicans and RWs.

trump_china_arrow.jpg

Don't know if this has been addressed yet, but I've heard him openly say that he is forced to do so via economic reasons............and that he would tariff the hell out of places like China and Mexico to protect jobs here...........................while he makes products over there doesn't mean he wants to............it means that he is forced to do so to compete globally and here in the United States.....................

It's common sense...............If you open up lower barriers to trade with China or Free trade with china companies here can not compete with China due to economics and standard of living...........................

This is nothing more than a typical attack post via the left.

Trump has found his scapegoat, and losers all over America are stirred up, just like they were in the 1950's against blacks, and in other countries in the 1930's and 1940's against Jews. He has no specific plan to do anything, but he is very good at ranting against an imaginary enemy of the dispossessed (the hard Right). So be it. They used to do it against the Irish, the Catholics, the Chinese, the italians, etc. The fact is that today, the majority of people are too well educated to fall for this, and the moment for bigotry against Latinos will pass. it is already pretty much passe' to rant about gay marriage, and Bubba and Billy Bob are now going after transgenders. There is nothing new under the sun.
Same people going to trumps rallies or tea bagging us for years ago

He could have chosen to blame everything on the Chinese, since all of our manufacturing is going over there, but Chinese are not as visible. The irony here is that he is blaming the Latinos for everything, and mostly, they are here just to pick grapes and lettuce..

Mostly, not quite.

According to figures compiled in 2005 by the Pew Hispanic Center from Census Bureau data, 19 percent of farming, fishing and forest workers were illegal immigrants -- the highest proportion of any broad employment category Pew studied.

Facebook post says less than 2 percent of illegals are picking crops but 41 percent are on welfare PolitiFact

I seriously doubt the percentages have change that much.

At first...............I laughed at Trump running.............
On Second thought............I saw some agreement with what he's saying.........

After looking harder, I saw many issues that he stated that I agree with..............

such as.............
Stopping illegal immigration.
Tariffs against Mexico and China.
He is opposed to currency manipulation........specifically the liquidity trap of Japan and devaluation of currency for trade.
Was opposed to Libya............
Was opposed to Iraq from the get go because of the culture of the region.........which was my point back then.
and now was for leaving troops and finding a way to win once we are in the fight.............Not saying he approved of the war from the onset.........but in his stance on if you fight you fight to win..............
Doesn't need the money from lobbyist.............
States his points and stands behind them, instead of the PC types that liter the stage............who commit to nothing and talk in circles................

On the down side of Trump.......................he's a Wild Card..........and Wild Cards can be dangerous on foreign policy......
He could be another ROSS PEROT.......................and end up being a third party candidate..........which would ensure a dem POTUS.

Down here, where I live, 35 miles from the border, it is, for all practical purposes, impossible to find an anglo citizen who is sober enough to even work as a handyman.
Then put in the paperwork so at least your country knows you're hiring I'm Mexican that's not legally here. But Republicans don't like paperwork or as they call them regulations

There's been a lot of Trump support recently on the boards, but it's almost always been couched in anti-liberal rhetoric - along the lines of "I like Trump because he makes liberals upset". I have yet to see anyone put there cards on the table and publicly state that they think he would be a good President.

So here we go. Let's here some positive things about Donald Trump from the resident supporters.

I think what would make him a good president is he understands how to be a successful leader. His life story is amazing. I have read his book and there are some pretty remarkable things the man has done in the course of his life. He knows business better than probably anyone in America. This is a man who has gone bankrupt twice and regained his fortune. Most of that is because he knows how to turn a lemon into lemonade... he knows how to solve problems and overcome obstacles.

It's not that he is fortunate or lucky, he has an uncanny ability to sense when something is a good deal or bad, and a fairly good track record of success. He has made a few bad choices and he admits this. But there is not anyone out there who has never made a mistake or bad decision. The measure of the man is what he does AFTER the fall... Trump rebounds while others tank.

Yes, he does come across as arrogant and self-aggrandizing but he also knows how to deal with people... you have to know how to deal with people to do what he has done. Sometimes you have to work with people you don't like. You have to have the power of persuasion over others and he has that.

Don't underestimate what Trump brings to the table. He's not my first choice... not even my second choice, but if it's going to come down to him or Jeb Bush, he's got my vote.

Funny, I remember the same question being asked about Obama back in 2008. No one had an answer other than "he's black and you must be a racist to ask that question".

At least Trump has years of administration experience, the dear leader had none.
And Trump knows how to work for a living, the only real job Obama ever had was at Baskin Robbins. Trump can relate to the working class and knows what needs to be done to help them, Obama can only relate to the silver spoon liberal elite. Totally out of touch (never even been in touch).

You're overthinking it. This isn't about quality or even policy. Its about feeling. He's the emotional choice. You'll only fuck it up if you start injecting useless criteria like qualification or whether or not he'd actually be good at the job.

Don't ruin this for me!
Correct.

Trump taps into the ‘go with your gut, don’t think, just do’ mentality common to most on the right that disdains ‘intellectualism,’ thoughtfulness, facts, objective evidence, and the truth.

Many conservative believe that there are things which are ‘just wrong,’ they don’t have any facts, proof, or evidence as to why some things are ‘just wrong,’ its just something conservatives ‘feel’ and ‘believe’ to be ‘true,’ where Trump is exhibiting the ‘guts’ to come out and say what is ‘wrong,’ although this perception is completely unfounded and devoid of merit.

You're overthinking it. This isn't about quality or even policy. Its about feeling. He's the emotional choice. You'll only fuck it up if you start injecting useless criteria like qualification or whether or not he'd actually be good at the job.

Don't ruin this for me!
Correct.

Trump taps into the ‘go with your gut, don’t think, just do’ mentality common to most on the right that disdains ‘intellectualism,’ thoughtfulness, facts, objective evidence, and the truth.

Many conservative believe that there are things which are ‘just wrong,’ they don’t have any facts, proof, or evidence as to why some things are ‘just wrong,’ its just something conservatives ‘feel’ and ‘believe’ to be ‘true,’ where Trump is exhibiting the ‘guts’ to come out and say what is ‘wrong,’ although this perception is completely unfounded and devoid of merit.
Trumps words are in many cases in line with my views..........................and my views oppose most of yours, but not all..................some of my views goes against the grain of Republicans specifically in the area of Free Trade and currency manipulation...............In those areas I jump the fence and refuse to go with the Status quo...............and they are the same areas Trump is jumping..............

He's a wild card.............No doubt.....................but he will force people to make a stand and pick a side on issues if he stays in the game............something neither side seems to have the spine to do......................Which is good in my book.

Is he another Yoda....................that is yet to be seen.

And Trump knows how to work for a living, the only real job Obama ever had was at Baskin Robbins. Trump can relate to the working class and knows what needs to be done to help them, Obama can only relate to the silver spoon liberal elite. Totally out of touch (never even been in touch).
Starting with millions of dollars and going bankrupt repeatedly is nothing like hard work. Trump never actually worked a day in his life. Man you people are stupid.

Starting with millions of dollars and going bankrupt repeatedly is nothing like hard work. Trump never actually worked a day in his life. Man you people are stupid.
Specifics on policy statements that you agree with or disagree with.........................any..............or just more BS.

When has Mr. Trump ever had a middle class type job? When has he ever had to drive himself to work and not been able to be driven in a limo? What physical labor has he ever done, even as a hobby? The guy was born into great wealth. Nothing wrong with that. Good for him. He inherited great wealth, good for him again, but nonsense about him relating to the middle class from personal experience if, well, nonsense.

He could have chosen to blame everything on the Chinese, since all of our manufacturing is going over there, but Chinese are not as visible. The irony here is that he is blaming the Latinos for everything, and mostly, they are here just to pick grapes and lettuce..

I've not heard him blaming Latinos for everything. He has been vocal about the effects of illegal immigration. He's absolutely right, it's killing us. Literally!

The left has had this running disconnect where they can't seem to distinguish legal immigrants from illegal ones.... I guess you must assume that they are all the same? So you run out there screaming about Trump being "against immigrants" when that's not what the man said. Now whether you're stupid and don't comprehend the difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal immigrant, or you're just cocky because you've gotten away with conflating the two for so long... that shit's about to stop with Trump.

Specifics on policy statements that you agree with or disagree with.........................any..............or just more BS.
Let's start with illegal immigration, Trump's new signature issue. He, and every other Republican politician, are completely full of shit on this issue one hundred percent of the time. If Trump were serious about illegal immigration he would want to do something about illegal employers.....something you'll never hear any of these liars talk about.

Let's start with illegal immigration, Trump's new signature issue. He, and every other Republican politician, are completely full of shit on this issue one hundred percent of the time. If Trump were serious about illegal immigration he would want to do something about illegal employers.....something you'll never hear any of these liars talk about.
Show me the clip where he hasn't said he wouldn't do that.............as on this issue I understand that companies hiring illegals should be punished................but at the same time...........a system of vetting would have to be put into place.............................such as e-verify as a means test................and if I'm not mistaken the dems don't really want that program either..............

Show me the clip where he hasn't said he wouldn't do that.............as on this issue I understand that companies hiring illegals should be punished................but at the same time...........a system of vetting would have to be put into place.............................such as e-verify as a means test................and if I'm not mistaken the dems don't really want that program either..............
Feel free to show any Republican ever saying anything about illegal employers. They can spend billions on a wall, as long as they don't disrupt business.

Don't ruin this for me!
Correct.

Total bullshit. Every true Conservative can tell you exactly what is wrong and why it is wrong. This forum is chock-full of threads and posts from Conservatives with passion about their philosophy. Now I know that you know this because I routinely see you in those threads arguing your viewpoints and tearing down their arguments... or trying desperately to do so.

What you are is a walking-talking infomercial for Liberal Democrats. You're like a carnival barker and that's about all you are.

For example, many conservatives believe homosexuality is ‘just wrong,’ they don’t have any facts or evidence in support of it being ‘wrong,’ they just ‘feel’ it is, and consequently want gay Americans denied the right to marry and subject to ‘sodomy laws,’ exhibiting contempt for the fact that to do either is un-Constitutional.

Forum List

Back