Donald Trump says he is a genius. Is he?

Is Donald Trump a genius?

• Yes

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Hell, no!
My God! Trump can barely extemporaneously express himself in well organized coherent sentences. Moreover, unlike geniuses and near geniuses, Trump believes are so things that simply are not and proceeds to tell world that he believes them to be so. What Trump has is not genius, but rather a mantle of notoriety and flair that, among mental midgets, passes as proxy for profundity.

The thing is that neither Trump nor any POTUS need be a genius. They need only be smart enough to heed the well considered advice of those around them so the world isn't aware that they're one eye shy of idiots.

I am not sure if that is what resulted in the slow recovery - there are many more factors at play then what a president can do - for example, there is Congress, and the markets are fairly independent of presidents in many aspects.
Well, Obama was operating on Keynesian theory, that as long as you put the money in circulation, you will get inflation, more investment to avoid the effects of inflation and thus more jobs as the investments add capital to the markets, etc.

It did not happen that way much like George W Bushes tax cuts did not work as expected because the Wall Street equities and derivatives markets are the fastes way to grow money now and that is where the bulk of all the new wealth went and blew that huge bubble that popped in 2008.

Obama's bubble is still growing, but Trump is incentivizing investment in small busness again, and making it a more lucrative investment venture, fully competitive with Wall streets black markets and Whiz Kid Invention Equities.
Trump just handed a pile of moneyh to the eralthy & well off large corpioratyions.

Where did get this "small business" crap.

In reading this thread, I see a microcosm of the USA and it surely defines the Liberals here. I've said before that Trump is playing the liberals like an expert puppeteer. He says or tweets some ridiculous charge or makes what is supposed to be taken as a childish rant. When the left reads the message it's way to late. While they go off on a tangent and buzz around the subject like flies on a turd, Trump goes in the opposite direction and accomplishes another coup and no one notices. He's done it time after time after time and the poor sheep find out about it in the morning news. Like yesterday with the genius remark. How many of you sheep woke up this morning and read or heard about all the American seacoasts being declared open for oil drilling? I didn't think so. You were suckered again an spent the past 24 hours raving about his genius. Next!
So you believe that Trump is this genius pretending to be an ignorant jackass?

We're told we're supposed to "take him seriously but not literally".

He says he is a genius.

That's a real thing. Is he just boasting, or is he being serious?

No "mango" option. Yes or No? I vote no.
You left out the asshole option He wins that hands down

He suckered 60 million Americans into believing he would be a capable President

That must take a certain level of genius

He says he is a genius.

I don't know if he's a genius, but he's smarter than most of the politicians out there, and waaay smarter than most of the political pundits.

What makes you think Trump is smarter than most of the politicians out there?
For one thing, he's President and they ain't.

That PROVES he is a dummy. No rich smart white man would want to be president.

All presidents have been smart, rich and white, except Obama who was black and dumb.

For the sole sake of offering a comparison with this thread's poll results:

November 22, 2016 --> 74% of Americans construed Trump as intelligent
March-ish 2017 --> 55% of Americans construed Trump as intelligent.
(Source)
The luster of whatever gloss of sagacity coated Trump was quite thin for it to have ebbed by some 20% in a matter of months.

He says he is a genius.

I don't know if he's a genius, but he's smarter than most of the politicians out there, and waaay smarter than most of the political pundits.

All presidents have been smart, rich and white, except Obama who was black and dumb.
Dumb presidents don't get elected twice and none were counted among the richest Americans. Obama was one of the brightest. His intelligence has been lauded worldwide regardless of your jealous put downs.

Dumb presidents don't get elected twice and none were counted among the richest Americans. Obama was one of the brightest. His intelligence has been lauded worldwide regardless of your jealous put downs.
IEven if you soitted Obama AA points for being black, his IQ would hover around 100.

Nope, he's a fucking IDIOT

trump.jpg

He says he is a genius.

It depends on how one define's genius.

My perception of the man is he has consistently demonstrated ingenuity via his success in business and, now, in politics. So, yes. I would say he is a genius within his chosen fields of endeavor.

He seems to understand what people respond to and he knows how and when to push the right buttons. I'm glad he was elected President and I believe he came along at the right time. The only thing he's done that I don't like is assume an aggressive posture on the drug war. That's bad.

It depends on how one define's genius.

My perception of the man is he has consistently demonstrated ingenuity via his success in business and, now, in politics. So, yes. I would say he is a genius within his chosen fields of endeavor.

He seems to understand what people respond to and he knows how and when to push the right buttons. I'm glad he was elected President and I believe he came along at the right time. The only thing he's done that I don't like is assume an aggressive posture on the drug war. That's bad.

Success in business? The asshole inherited around 300m from Daddy Fred PLUS a company, ran much of that biz into the ground and leached off the US taxpayer in federal funding and 6 bankruptcies AND failed in umpteen other business startup attempts.

C'mon now :confused-84:

Success in business? The asshole inherited around 300m from Daddy Fred PLUS a company, ran much of that biz into the ground and leached off the US taxpayer in federal funding and 6 bankruptcies AND failed in umpteen other business startup attempts.

C'mon now :confused-84:
You are accentuating the negative while eliminating the positive from your assessment. Try reversing that process. The end result of everything you've cited is Donald Trump lives like a baron.

Forget about how and focus on [/i]what.[/i] Trump is a highly successful gambler. His life has been a grand Blackjack game in which there are wins and losses. At the end of the day he clearly is a big winner.

You are accentuating the negative while eliminating the positive from your assessment. Try reversing that process. The end result of everything you've cited is Donald Trump lives like a baron.

Forget about how and focus on [/i]what.[/i] Trump is a highly successful gambler. His life has been a grand Blackjack game in which there are wins and losses. At the end of the day he clearly is a big winner.

Sorry man, but in the end (soon) history will remember Donald J Trump as THE biggest loser!

He might be a regular Einstein, but he was a weak and ineffectual president who left no lasting legacy. Even black people refer to him as a half-breed.

Sorry man, but in the end (soon) history will remember Donald J Trump as THE biggest loser!

Good luck with that. After his improbable win over the anointed one, he will ALWAYS be remembered as the idiot who beat the "most prepared POTUS candidate evah!"

OK, Trump spotted and got independent confirmation from Conway that there were enough neglected and ignored voters to win the WH and he did so.

By concentrating on deregulation he got enough increased economic growth going to win over congress in the tax reform act.

If the above current trends continue, the last GDP/qtr number before the mid-terms should be 4.7% with CD rates nearly double current rates because of wage push inflation.

Those jobs will be higher wage jobs and almost all of that inflation will be in infrastructure construction, and automation. CA and IL are in effective collapse now. That is something that will make normal D voters less likely to vote. if there any R pick ups in the house and senate that means that he will be able to pass the rest of his agenda.

He might be a regular Einstein, but he was a weak and ineffectual president who left no lasting legacy. Even black people refer to him as a half-breed.

As the first African-American elected President of the United States, Barack Obama became a pivotal figure in American history even before his inauguration. But after winning a second term in 2012, his achievements in office have made him one of the most transformative presidents of the past hundred years. He took office with a country in peril and led it through the Great Recession, two wars, civil unrest, a rash of mass shootings, and changing cultural demographics. In the 2008 campaign he called for change and eight years later we are living in a more prosperous country because of it.

Here are 28 of President Obama’s biggest accomplishments as President of the United States.

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

3 – Ended the war in Iraq

4 – Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden

5 – Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession

6 – Supported the LGBT community’s fight for marriage equality

7 – Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”

8 – Saved the U.S. auto industry

9 – Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020

10 – Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan

11 – Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits

12 –Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector

13 – Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent

14 – Reversed Bush-era torture policies

15 – Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba

16 – Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding

17 – Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act

18 – Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars

19 – Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act

20 – Repealed the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy

21 – Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification

22 – Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal

23 – He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women

24 – Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice

25 – Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill

26 – Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”

27 – Launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential

28 – Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer.

28 Reasons Obama May Go Down As One Of The Greatest Presidents Of All Time

As the first African-American elected President of the United States, Barack Obama became a pivotal figure in American history even before his inauguration. But after winning a second term in 2012, his achievements in office have made him one of the most transformative presidents of the past hundred years. He took office with a country in peril and led it through the Great Recession, two wars, civil unrest, a rash of mass shootings, and changing cultural demographics. In the 2008 campaign he called for change and eight years later we are living in a more prosperous country because of it.

Here are 28 of President Obama’s biggest accomplishments as President of the United States.

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

5 – Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession

7 – Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”

11 – Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits

12 –Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector

21 – Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification

23 – He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women

24 – Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice

26 – Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”

27 – Launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential

28 – Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer.

BHO was a Social Justice Warrior for the Free Shit Society and a Race Dividing Asshole. F-

BHO was a Social Justice Warrior for the Free Shit Society and a Race Dividing Asshole. F-
What free shit? I didn't get any damn free shit...did YOU? Race dividing? Come on man! Obama didn't divide the races...he divided RW racist assholes from the majority of decent White and Black folks the moment he was elected. It wasn't race that was divided it was butt hurt RW white males coming together to lick their wounds.

Forum List

Back