Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

King's message of change through non-violent methods was a good message and set the right tone for the country to eliminate discrimination.

Integration would have happened on its own, we can debate for the next 100 years whether it would have been more or less peaceful if it had not been forced.

History is what it is, King did some good. But to make him some kind of perfect man is ridiculous.

Dr King and all who engaged in the Civil Rights struggle were American Patriots

:puke3: ... :puke3: ... :puke3: ... :puke3: ... :puke3: ... :puke3: ... :puke3: ... :puke3:

yuckkkk ! your bullshit makes me sick, he was a liar, commie, plagiarist, drunk, woman hater, etc., etc.

I laugh at the TeaTards on this board who claim they are American Patriots

They run around in silly hats screaming ....Look at me, I'm a PATRIOT

A TeaTard has never put their life on the line, never fought for true freedom and liberty, never faced a corrupt government that would beat them and imprison them

Dr King and the rest of the Civil Rights movement did just that. They were beaten, arrested, murdered ...fire bombed

All in the name of equality

That is what a REAL PATRIOT is

There is plenty of hate and hyperbole coming from both sides. You, as a far leftist, are no better than those on the far right.

Good quote, now maybe you understand why so many Americans are opposed to Obama's policies. :eusa_whistle:

Clueless

You have no undersanding of Jim Crow evil

Of course I do. I am quite sure that my knowledge of history and the south during segragation exceeds yours by a large margin.

Obama's policies have hurt the poor, and poor blacks in particular. His rhetoric is devisive---remember the beer summit and "the police acted stupidly" ? How about his siding with the lying black whore in the Duke case?

Obama is a blatant racist, face it.

Good quote, now maybe you understand why so many Americans are opposed to Obama's policies. :eusa_whistle:

Clueless

Of course I do. I am quite sure that my knowledge of history and the south during segragation exceeds yours by a large margin.

Obama's policies have hurt the poor, and poor blacks in particular. His rhetoric is devisive---remember the beer summit and "the police acted stupidly" ? How about his siding with the lying black whore in the Duke case?

Beer summit is evil? :evil:

Clueless

Obama jumping to conclusions based or race was wrong and hurt race relations. The beer summit was a joke.

policies that hurt the people he is claiming to help are wrong (evil is in the eye of the beholder)

Obama jumping to conclusions based or race was wrong and hurt race relations. The beer summit was a joke.

policies that hurt the people he is claiming to help are wrong (evil is in the eye of the beholder)

I guess if you look at it that way

To Dr King........ lynching, firebombing schools and churches, beating protestors is evil
To you.....a Beer Summit is evil

I guess if you look at it that way

To Dr King........ lynching, firebombing schools and churches, beating protestors is evil
To you.....a Beer Summit is evil
Do they even listen to themselves?

It is a wonder.

King's message of change through non-violent methods was a good message and set the right tone for the country to eliminate discrimination.

Integration would have happened on its own, we can debate for the next 100 years whether it would have been more or less peaceful if it had not been forced.

History is what it is, King did some good. But to make him some kind of perfect man is ridiculous.

I agree.
Though I see King as a great man. He did what he did knowing full well he could be killed by some racist asshole at any time.

Was he perfect?? Hell no but he was a great man in my eyes.

Blacks fought and died in WWI and came back to an America that insisted on keeping them as second class citizens.
Blacks fought and died in WWII and came back to an America that insisted on keeping them as second class citizens

Any demonstration that blacks did not "know their place" was met with violent attacks that were condoned by the local and state government.

When did you expect this movement to take place.? If Civil Rights came, it would be violent retaliation for the violence blacks were experiencing

Dr King was the symbol of the movement. Dr King was the one who insisted on peaceful resistance. Dr King taught them what to do and how to do it

Dr King saved this country

LOL. I gave him a lot of credit, particularly for the non-violence. Your hyperbole is a dishonor to him because it obscures the incredible things he actually did accomplish.

Which part of what I wrote is not accurate?

The two big ones are:

1) The absurdity that but for MLK civil rights would not have happened. I gave him credit for being the leader and for advocating peaceful protests and subsequently saving a lot of lives both black and white. Your view it would not have happened is absolutely preposterous.

2) You take the view of the tiny percent of the worst racists in existence and make it sound like main stream views. The KKK was brought down primarily by white racists in the south who while not wanting to integrate believed lynching people and terrorizing families was morally wrong.

I am aware your vocabulary is limited, so I'll just let you know that hyperbole does not mean that what you said is baseless, it means you took what is true in ways and exaggerated them out to ridiculous proportions.

I agree.
Though I see King as a great man. He did what he did knowing full well he could be killed by some racist asshole at any time.

Was he perfect?? Hell no but he was a great man in my eyes.

Agreed. RW's hyperbole in his OP post aside, he was a great man who did a great thing for his country. Had he advocated violence, there would have been a whole lot more.

LOL. I gave him a lot of credit, particularly for the non-violence. Your hyperbole is a dishonor to him because it obscures the incredible things he actually did accomplish.

The two big ones are:

1) The absurdity that but for MLK civil rights would not have happened. I gave him credit for being the leader and for advocating peaceful protests and subsequently saving a lot of lives both black and white. Your view it would not have happened is absolutely preposterous.

2) You take the view of the tiny percent of the worst racists in existence and make it sound like main stream views. The KKK was brought down primarily by white racists in the south who while not wanting to integrate believed lynching people and terrorizing families was morally wrong.

I am aware your vocabulary is limited, so I'll just let you know that hyperbole does not mean that what you said is baseless, it means you took what is true in ways and exaggerated them out to ridiculous proportions.

I stand by my OP

The two big ones are:

I stand by my OP

Of course you do. I have no doubt at all that you actually believe your own drivel. I am not saying you are lying, I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about. And I'm not even really saying to you but other people who have critical minds who might be reading it.

George Washington was a racist slave owner and should be banished from American history. Scrap Mt. Rushmore and start over with the faces of Obama, Sharpton, Jackson and Malcolm X. The real founders of America!!!

The two big ones are:

That is an amusing statement.

The two big ones are:

It was the friendly racists who brought down the KKK

The two big ones are:

It is a historical fact. And it may seem "amusing" on the surface, it does make sense if you think about it. When the KKK started getting powerful, the FBI targeted them for penetration. It turned out basically how the KKK was driven was that a bunch of white racists would get together and bash blacks and integration. Most of them just wanted to disapprove and complain and live with it. A relative few were the ones who truly hated blacks and wanted to go to violence and terror to keep them down. The rest of them went along with that afraid to say no to them.

When the FBI started going to individuals and getting them to rat out and spy on the Klan for them they people falling over themselves to do it, the Klan went from a massively effective organization to a demasculated one very quickly.

Even though those people were racists and thought blacks were inferior and didn't want them to actually go to their church or live in their neighborhood, they saw murder and terrorizing them as wrong and they cooperated. Frankly it's not hard to see why. Not wanting someone to live next door to you doesn't mean you want them hanging from a tree while their house is burning and their terrified family is running for their lives.

The two big ones are:

It is a historical fact. And it may seem "amusing" on the surface, it does make sense if you think about it. When the KKK started getting powerful, the FBI targeted them for penetration. It turned out basically how the KKK was driven was that a bunch of white racists would get together and bash blacks and integration. Most of them just wanted to disapprove and complain and live with it. A relative few were the ones who truly hated blacks and wanted to go to violence and terror to keep them down. The rest of them went along with that afraid to say no to them.

When the FBI started going to individuals and getting them to rat out and spy on the Klan for them they people falling over themselves to do it, the Klan went from a massively effective organization to a demasculated one very quickly.

Even though those people were racists and thought blacks were inferior and didn't want them to actually go to their church or live in their neighborhood, they saw murder and terrorizing them as wrong and they cooperated. Frankly it's not hard to see why. Not wanting someone to live next door to you doesn't mean you want them hanging from a tree while their house is burning and their terrified family is running for their lives.
Do you have any real evidence to back what you are saying up, or are you just conjecturing?

Forum List

Back