Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

King's message of change through non-violent methods was a good message and set the right tone for the country to eliminate discrimination.

Integration would have happened on its own, we can debate for the next 100 years whether it would have been more or less peaceful if it had not been forced.

History is what it is, King did some good. But to make him some kind of perfect man is ridiculous.

ooooh ! he was a "perfect" hell raising radical commie that hated America who in my OPINION caused more bloodshed, than the KKK !

King's message of change through non-violent methods was a good message and set the right tone for the country to eliminate discrimination.

Integration would have happened on its own, we can debate for the next 100 years whether it would have been more or less peaceful if it had not been forced.

History is what it is, King did some good. But to make him some kind of perfect man is ridiculous.

ooooh ! he was a "perfect" hell raising radical commie that hated America who in my OPINION caused more bloodshed, than the KKK !

Your signature is hysterical when considering most of your comments...

You may actually be an indoctrinated moron, as bad as Jake Starkly.

The two big ones are:

1) The absurdity that but for MLK civil rights would not have happened. I gave him credit for being the leader and for advocating peaceful protests and subsequently saving a lot of lives both black and white. Your view it would not have happened is absolutely preposterous.

2) You take the view of the tiny percent of the worst racists in existence and make it sound like main stream views. The KKK was brought down primarily by white racists in the south who while not wanting to integrate believed lynching people and terrorizing families was morally wrong.
I am aware your vocabulary is limited, so I'll just let you know that hyperbole does not mean that what you said is baseless, it means you took what is true in ways and exaggerated them out to ridiculous proportions.

That is an amusing statement.

It was the friendly racists who brought down the KKK

Your lack of knowledge of history and unwillingness to cure your ignorance with Google aside, it always amuses me when liberals call conservatives, "black and white."

If someone is a racist they are willing to burn crosses in their yard terrorizing their families and hang people from trees. There is nothing in the middle that you can grasp.

It is a historical fact. And it may seem "amusing" on the surface, it does make sense if you think about it. When the KKK started getting powerful, the FBI targeted them for penetration. It turned out basically how the KKK was driven was that a bunch of white racists would get together and bash blacks and integration. Most of them just wanted to disapprove and complain and live with it. A relative few were the ones who truly hated blacks and wanted to go to violence and terror to keep them down. The rest of them went along with that afraid to say no to them.

When the FBI started going to individuals and getting them to rat out and spy on the Klan for them they people falling over themselves to do it, the Klan went from a massively effective organization to a demasculated one very quickly.

Even though those people were racists and thought blacks were inferior and didn't want them to actually go to their church or live in their neighborhood, they saw murder and terrorizing them as wrong and they cooperated. Frankly it's not hard to see why. Not wanting someone to live next door to you doesn't mean you want them hanging from a tree while their house is burning and their terrified family is running for their lives.
Do you have any real evidence to back what you are saying up, or are you just conjecturing?

I don't search for links for basic history for willfully ignorant liberals. It's my expectation you know history or you're willing to learn that on your own. If you aren't willing, I don't really care. The loss is yours. I am on Google all the time when I post. I will ask someone if I Google and it doesn't support what they said. Obviously you didn't do that because it would have verified what I said.

It was the friendly racists who brought down the KKK

Your lack of knowledge of history and unwillingness to cure your ignorance with Google aside, it always amuses me when liberals call conservatives, "black and white."

If someone is a racist they are willing to burn crosses in their yard terrorizing their families and hang people from trees. There is nothing in the middle that you can grasp.

I find your view of history to be hilarious

"The KKK was brought down primarily by white racists in the south who while not wanting to integrate believed lynching people and terrorizing families was morally wrong."

I have never seen anyone draw such a ridiculous conclusion

If the racial divisions of the early and mid 1900s had continued today, this country could not have lasted much longer. I honestly believe that!

It is a historical fact. And it may seem "amusing" on the surface, it does make sense if you think about it. When the KKK started getting powerful, the FBI targeted them for penetration. It turned out basically how the KKK was driven was that a bunch of white racists would get together and bash blacks and integration. Most of them just wanted to disapprove and complain and live with it. A relative few were the ones who truly hated blacks and wanted to go to violence and terror to keep them down. The rest of them went along with that afraid to say no to them.

When the FBI started going to individuals and getting them to rat out and spy on the Klan for them they people falling over themselves to do it, the Klan went from a massively effective organization to a demasculated one very quickly.

Even though those people were racists and thought blacks were inferior and didn't want them to actually go to their church or live in their neighborhood, they saw murder and terrorizing them as wrong and they cooperated. Frankly it's not hard to see why. Not wanting someone to live next door to you doesn't mean you want them hanging from a tree while their house is burning and their terrified family is running for their lives.
Do you have any real evidence to back what you are saying up, or are you just conjecturing?

I don't search for links for basic history for willfully ignorant liberals. It's my expectation you know history or you're willing to learn that on your own. If you aren't willing, I don't really care. The loss is yours. I am on Google all the time when I post. I will ask someone if I Google and it doesn't support what they said. Obviously you didn't do that because it would have verified what I said.

I have found NO evidence to support what you have posted. Furthermore , your assessment of me as a liberal, and ignorant of history borders on comical.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

Hey Norton .... Trixie would be proud of you .
Did you actually write that or is it a Copy & Paste.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

Google if you wish....but I wrote it

Google if you wish....but I wrote it

I did - on Plagiarism checker - it came up 100% Unique Content - I am amazed that someone as seemingly dim-witted as you pretend to be in 99% of your posts could write something like that - WELL DONE

I think that Detroit needs to file for bankruptcy since it is one of the worst cities financially. I mean if you think about it, cities like Compton and Inverness in California who have a smaller population stratosphere are financially holding up, and according to a recent Forbes article, the schools are even doing better. How?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think that Detroit needs to file for bankruptcy since it is one of the worst cities financially. I mean if you think about it, cities like Compton and Inverness in California who have a smaller population stratosphere are financially holding up, and according to a recent Forbes article, the schools are even doing better. How?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Detroit was better before segregation.

If you think about it, even after we killed Osama Bin Laden, we have to face the fact that he ended up accomplishing his goal. Ruining the US financially and creating so much terror in the hearts of Americans that we were forced to spend on unneccesary security oriented programs. In the end, sadly Osama Bin Laden accomplished his goal. Thoughts??

Forum List

Back