Due to the record heat and tragedy in Texas and Oklahoma, I am no longer a global warming skeptic

That's not a fact; it's a theory.

It is attributing weather to climate

It is absolutely laughable the claim is then man is causing it.

Their theory is that Co2 is "warming" Earth's atmosphere. They never had any proof of that, just the opposite, and then they FUDGED the data as usual.

We have two and only two measures of atmospheric temps, satellites and balloons, and for 30 years during rising atmospheric Co2, they measured precisely NO WARMING in the atmosphere in highly correlated fashion.

What happened in 2005 is THE MOST CONFLICTED FUDGE JOB in science history, and most pathetic, and it has cost America something in the ballpark of $20 trillion and climbing...

They didn't like the FACT that the DATA showed Co2 does GDF nothing.

So they claimed "orbit wobble" was justification for fudging the satellites from a flat line to an upward slope - there is no evidence to support the claim that orbit wobble of IR satellites would've changed the data AT ALL...

For the balloons, they whined that there was a SHADE ISSUE over the thermometer which was CONSTANT the WHOLE TIME. Hence, if that did "cool" the thermometer in the balloon, it would have done so the whole time at the same rate. But the warmers used that excuse to take a flat line and fudge that into an upward slope... ridiculous, pathetic, illogical, and a sad reminder of what passes for "the science" today...

Nope. The Sun drives it. You know, that big orange ball in the sky!

GHGs prevent the escape of radiative heat back into the atmosphere, thus warming the atmosphere. Pumping 30-35 gigatons of CO2 (not to mention to other GHGs) means that more solar heat stays trapped in our lower troposphere.

To just jump up and say "man is causing climate change because it's hot outside in the summer" is really vacious and shallow thinking because the climate is always changing.

Man is causing climate change because man is taking out 30-35 gigatons of carbon each year and pushing it into the atmosphere, where it stays about 300 years. Adding greenhouse gases in such large volumes changes the amount of heat that stays in our atmosphere versus that which escapes back into space. This is basic physics. Just saying "Climate has changed in the past" is a non-sequitur because it doesn't address the scientific fact that mankind is changing the composition of the atmosphere.

The earth is not static, nature is not a narrow one way straight road either. Could we have effected it marginally? Sure we could have, but everything were seeing happen has been happening since earth first had an atmosphere and life began and what we see now is nothing compared to what the earth has gone through.

This argument is like arguing that humans can't burn down or clear cut forests because forest fires have always happened in the past. Yes, there are natural causes of forest fires, but humans destroy forests, too. Similarly, humans can destroy the environment and the climate just like natural forces can.

Funny how out of hundreds of doomsday predictions not one has ever occurred.

I don't care about doomsday predictions of the past. Since you're not citing one I have no way to know what you're referring to.

What I do know is that human activity is changing the composition of the atmosphere, but one of the reasons why I think scientists and climate advocates are having a hard time getting their concerns taken seriously is that they're having the wrong discussion.

The real problem as it were goes beyond climate change; it's something you and I probably studied in basic biology, which is that when you have a population without any competition (other than its own species) or predation in an area with resource abundance, a very predictable pattern will emerge: population growth --> crowding --> declining resources --> waste (pollution) --> declining resources and resource quality (due to crowding and waste) --> population stress (plateauing) --> collapse.

It's not just climate change that's going to fuck us; it's climate change + destruction of ecosystems & loss of biodiversity. We're going to suffer the same fate as a local population of deer with no wolves or deer hunters, or protozoa in a petri dish. We'll continue to use up all our resources and dump waste into our environment. Eventually, we'll collapse.

I don't care about doomsday predictions of the past. Since you're not citing one I have no way to know what you're referring to.

What I do know is that human activity is changing the composition of the atmosphere, but one of the reasons why I think scientists and climate advocates are having a hard time getting their concerns taken seriously is that they're having the wrong discussion.

The real problem as it were goes beyond climate change; it's something you and I probably studied in basic biology, which is that when you have a population without any competition (other than its own species) or predation in an area with resource abundance, a very predictable pattern will emerge: population growth --> crowding --> declining resources --> waste (pollution) --> declining resources and resource quality (due to crowding and waste) --> population stress (plateauing) --> collapse.

It's not just climate change that's going to fuck us; it's climate change + destruction of ecosystems & loss of biodiversity. We're going to suffer the same fate as a local population of deer with no wolves or deer hunters, or protozoa in a petri dish. We'll continue to use up all our resources and dump waste into our environment. Eventually, we'll collapse.
You’re just a gullible stooge who can’t even tell us what a woman is.

GHGs prevent the escape of radiative heat back into the atmosphere, thus warming the atmosphere. Pumping 30-35 gigatons of CO2 (not to mention to other GHGs) means that more solar heat stays trapped in our lower troposphere.

You have ZERO EVIDENCE to back that up other than FUDGED satellite and balloon data.

TRANSlation

Co2 does nothing

Overpopulation is a problem and the Co2 fraud blocks us from addressing it and doing things like building desalination plants

You have ZERO EVIDENCE to back that up other than FUDGED satellite and balloon data.
Zero evidence? Will a NASA report suffice? If not please give me a couple research institutions that you do find reputable and trustworthy

Hey there my fellow red-blooded patriots!

I am known in these quarters for being an Ultra conservative.

However, let's face facts, the sweltering Texas summer days we've been experiencing recently scream one thing: climate change mostly caused by us humans. But before any of my brethren start hollering about conspiracy theories and fake news, let's take a deep breath (literally) and read:

Has Guam finally tipped over?

Man is causing climate change because man is taking out 30-35 gigatons of carbon each year and pushing it into the atmosphere, where it stays about 300 years. Adding greenhouse gases in such large volumes changes the amount of heat that stays in our atmosphere versus that which escapes back into space. This is basic physics. Just saying "Climate has changed in the past" is a non-sequitur because it doesn't address the scientific fact that mankind is changing the composition of the atmosphere.

This argument is like arguing that humans can't burn down or clear cut forests because forest fires have always happened in the past. Yes, there are natural causes of forest fires, but humans destroy forests, too. Similarly, humans can destroy the environment and the climate just like natural forces can.
wow carbon dioxide is necessary for maintaing all life on the planet....carbon Monoxide is the dangerous stuff morons
no carbon dioxide and we all die quickly.....good lord the ignorance

Forum List

Back