Ebola Containment In The Us > Your Thoughts & Ideas

How would you stop ebola in the US?

• Prohibit air entry for persons coming out of africa, let them take slow boats

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Do what the Obama admin recommends, (i.e. ebola can't hit the US)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other option, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Think about the bright side. Even in the worst African Ebola stats, 30% or so survive. (Though Often with huge lifetime disabilities)

So, one of the three people around you may be alive in a year.

We currently have 316 Million Americans, so in a year, we'll still have about 100 Million.

-

There is a need for worst case analysis but your numbers are way off.

Ebola Outbreak Planned Years Ago! What Do You Think The Millions Of “Coffin Liners” Are For?

Wednesday, October 1, 2014
“An award-winning Texas scientist was given a standing ovation after he advocated the extermination of 90 per cent of the Earth’s population by an airborne Ebola virus.”

Pianka began his speech by condemning anthropocentrism, or the idea that the human race occupies a privileged position in nature. He exclaimed, “We’re no better than bacteria!”
“After praising the Ebola virus for its efficiency at killing, Pianka paused, leaned over the lectern, looked at us and carefully said, ‘We’ve got airborne 90 percent mortality in humans. Killing humans. Think about that.’ “
http://beforeitsnews.com/agenda-21/2014/10/ebola-outbreak-planned-years-ago-what-do-you-think-the-millions-of-coffin-liners-are-for-1026.html

Ebola Outbreak Planned Years Ago! What Do You Think The Millions Of “Coffin Liners” Are For?

“An award-winning Texas scientist was given a standing ovation after he advocated the extermination of 90 per cent of the Earth’s population by an airborne Ebola virus.”

Pianka began his speech by condemning anthropocentrism, or the idea that the human race occupies a privileged position in nature. He exclaimed, “We’re no better than bacteria!”
“After praising the Ebola virus for its efficiency at killing, Pianka paused, leaned over the lectern, looked at us and carefully said, ‘We’ve got airborne 90 percent mortality in humans. Killing humans. Think about that.’ “
http://beforeitsnews.com/agenda-21/2014/10/ebola-outbreak-planned-years-ago-what-do-you-think-the-millions-of-coffin-liners-are-for-1026.html

I hope he realizes that the collapse of infrastructure that would ensue after that would almost certainly lead to many nuclear plants eventually melting their cores from lack of proper maintenance. Then you could bump that statistic up to 100%. Not just for homo sapiens, but for basically anything that cannot withstand lethal does of plutonium and caesium that linger for tens of thousands of years in the soils, oceans and fresh water sources all over the globe.

You guys dont think very deeply past the point of the initial emotion invoking words do you? Do you realize how amazingly stupid someone or a group of someones would have to be to unleash a airborne disease on purpose that has a 90% kill rate and doesnt discriminate?

2nd ebola healthcare worker diagnosed. She took a commercial plane flight with a 99.5 fever.

Folks might want to revisit the OP and think again..

So speaking of the ideas in the OP, I thought of a possible addition. If I were in charge of the nursing staff of an ebola patient, I'd suit them up in waterproof hazmat, lightweight suits, possibly disposible. At the end of their shift, they would be require to go into a shower with disinfectant spraying all over that suit from the top down so that none of the shower would actually enter the suit. After coating themselves thusly they would be required to go into another secondary room to wait the required time for the disinfectant to work its magic. Then, and only then they would be allowed to "de-suit" with only the most scrupulous care to removal.

Perhaps the suits could be made to withstand a couple of disinfecting runs and cleanings before they were discarded and burned. Or just burn them after each use.

There are some good materials out there with which these suits might be constructed. Whitewater rafting clothing companies come to mind as consultants for this type of gear. They design suits that keep fluids out with certain types of cuffs, seam-sealing technology etc. I'd get a fleet of seamstresses on this ASAP.

Well the hearings are going on today about ebola. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the elite crowd pulls its collective-head out of its ass and puts 100% strict travel ban/quarantine orders on anyone with a VISA showing travel through or in the ebola countries.

So speaking of the ideas in the OP, I thought of a possible addition. If I were in charge of the nursing staff of an ebola patient, I'd suit them up in waterproof hazmat, lightweight suits, possibly disposible. At the end of their shift, they would be require to go into a shower with disinfectant spraying all over that suit from the top down so that none of the shower would actually enter the suit. After coating themselves thusly they would be required to go into another secondary room to wait the required time for the disinfectant to work its magic. Then, and only then they would be allowed to "de-suit" with only the most scrupulous care to removal.

Perhaps the suits could be made to withstand a couple of disinfecting runs and cleanings before they were discarded and burned. Or just burn them after each use.

There are some good materials out there with which these suits might be constructed. Whitewater rafting clothing companies come to mind as consultants for this type of gear. They design suits that keep fluids out with certain types of cuffs, seam-sealing technology etc. I'd get a fleet of seamstresses on this ASAP.
You are giving advice on decontamination protocols? What's your experience in the field?

You are giving advice on decontamination protocols? What's your experience in the field?

Besides being a rancher and having to keep a hawk's eye on deadly diseases destroying my livelihood from month to month?

Ok, when I was younger I worked as a veterinary assistant. Parvo oddly behaves quite a lot like ebola, dehydrating young pups too quickly so they cannot recover from a disease that otherwise with fluid-infusions can save them...and which is highly infectious from waste and body fluids...and lingers in the environment and even dogs who have recovered from it for quite some time. We had a strict protocol in the kennels when litters of pups came into the shelter there. If one pup went down with parvo, there was always copious diarrhea that was infectious. We had to have these garment changes and bleach baths as well as kennel bleaching and quarantines with excessive cleaning in order to make sure the whole series of kennels didn't go down and die quickly.

I actually got a pup once from a litter where all the other pups had just died from parvo. Within hours of arriving the pup began to act sick. Quickly we inserted an IV catheter and began infusing the little thing with saline. She languished for days but did not die. Within about three days she began eating and drinking on her own again. In a week or two she was all good. We had to keep her separated from the other dogs for a couple of months but in the end she lived and they lived. We used a lot of caution and a lot of bleach.

That good enough for you?

Besides being a rancher and having to keep a hawk's eye on deadly diseases destroying my livelihood from month to month?

Ok, when I was younger I worked as a veterinary assistant. Parvo oddly behaves quite a lot like ebola, dehydrating young pups too quickly so they cannot recover from a disease that otherwise with fluid-infusions can save them...and which is highly infectious from waste and body fluids...and lingers in the environment and even dogs who have recovered from it for quite some time. We had a strict protocol in the kennels when litters of pups came into the shelter there. If one pup went down with parvo, there was always copious diarrhea that was infectious. We had to have these garment changes and bleach baths as well as kennel bleaching and quarantines with excessive cleaning in order to make sure the whole series of kennels didn't go down and die quickly.

I actually got a pup once from a litter where all the other pups had just died from parvo. Within hours of arriving the pup began to act sick. Quickly we inserted an IV catheter and began infusing the little thing with saline. She languished for days but did not die. Within about three days she began eating and drinking on her own again. In a week or two she was all good. We had to keep her separated from the other dogs for a couple of months but in the end she lived and they lived. We used a lot of caution and a lot of bleach.

That good enough for you?

Not even close!

The handling of dangerous diseases has been around for a long time now and the companies that make hazmat suits have way more experience and knowledge than you do on the subject.

I would trust one of their suits before I would trust anything from you. In fact I would trust something that I made myself before I would trust anything from you.

Last edited:
Not even close!

The handling of dangerous diseases has been around for a long time now and the companies that make hazmat suits have way more experience and knowledge than you do on the subject.

I would trust one of their suits before I would trust anything from you. In fact I would trust something that I made myself before I would trust anything from you.

I'm not selling hazmat suits. I was merely suggesting they be waterproof and able to be "showered off" before attendants disrobe from them. Pay attention to what you're reading next time.

Not even close!

I'm not selling hazmat suits. I was merely suggesting they be waterproof and able to be "showered off" before attendants disrobe from them. Pay attention to what you're reading next time.

Are you denying that this is what you actually posted?

Your lack of credibility is consistent in all threads.

The President never said TEXbola couldn't hit the US; the options are long delayed research and treatment of course.

The President never said TEXbola couldn't hit the US; the options are long delayed research and treatment of course.
Yes those options come just behind "close all travel to the US to people with West African VISA visits". In that order.

Yes those options come just behind "close all travel to the US to people with West African VISA visits". In that order.

Dr. Harry F. Hull explained why that option may not work; people can drive, or hike to nations not included, get fake passports. And still US companies with business interests may OBJECT.

Also, create an incubator IN West Africa? Why? Some experts say until the African outbreak is controlled, no nation is safe.

Dr. Harry F. Hull explained why that option may not work; people can drive, or hike to nations not included, get fake passports. And still US companies with business interests may OBJECT.

Also, create an incubator IN West Africa? Why? Some experts say until the African outbreak is controlled, no nation is safe.
That doesn't matter. The goal is reducing the likelihood, not "we can completely eliminate". I'm not sure how many sick people can hike. Anyone infected with ebola would strain their immune system so from such a trek that they'd likely fall obviously ill before they could make it to get a fake VISA in another country. Experts trained in dialect could learn to screen for cheaters.

Screw US companies that object. This nation nearly died fiscally from "worry about what some companies might say". This country isn't about the companies who think they own it. It's about the People first. They aren't going to sell much chocolate to a public who is experiencing exponential spread of ebola anyway.

A major part of controlling an epidemic is TRACKING those who have been exposed.

If you close down the air travel you lose the ability to do the tracking so it is actually counter productive to ban all travel from West Africa.

The greatest harm to this nation came from the NRA obstructing the appointment of the Surgeon General. By not having an SG there was no point person to sound the alarm and get things organized here. The fact that there still isn't an SG explains the confused messaging too.

That's why the border needs to be closed and enforced.

Tell ya what...try to travel with a fake passport in the first world...let us know how that worked...when you get out.

A major part of controlling an epidemic is TRACKING those who have been exposed.

If you close down the air travel you lose the ability to do the tracking so it is actually counter productive to ban all travel from West Africa.

The greatest harm to this nation came from the NRA obstructing the appointment of the Surgeon General. By not having an SG there was no point person to sound the alarm and get things organized here. The fact that there still isn't an SG explains the confused messaging too.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Forum List

Back