Eden Garden of the GodS

What’s the proof of the Roman Empire?
A stadium?
Why do you butt in if you have no answer but rather another question? Are you admiing that there’s no proof of people living much longer before?
Prove The Revolutionary War.
So what historical account are you talk8ng about? The bible? It’s not a history book, it’s all hearsay.
I guess all that Temple stuff they're finding is hearsay.
Ever try actually reading something?
The NT was written several generations after the facts. Do you believe everything they say at the temple no matter how absurd?

I tend to believe the stuff written in the NT that is CONSISTENT with real history. There was a Pilate, a Herod, a John the Baptist, and
a Caiaphas. They are characters------known and if you toss out the "kiss roman ass" crap that defiles the book------you can find a real
story

Of course they have the same story of creation and the flood. After Babel everyone was scattered. Verbal history by some was distorted over generations. Only the original Hebrew language survived.
They survived the flood considering that people predates all estimates of noahs flood. Of course, thats just estimates. Trying to estimate time from the bible seems like a waste of time.
They do have their own flood story that involves a survivor. He had visions from a god that something bad was about to happen. Then another God told him to build a big boat.
The more I look into dating the more I smell hullabaloo. Just too many variables involved so I tend to ignore any dating past 2,000 years.
We all know how you take a circle of people and have them repeat a phrase as it goes around and what you get in the end is not what you started with.
A lot of those people scattered at Babel used verbal communication to maintain history, so I consider the similarities to be a validation of the written Hebrew.

No probably Hebrew is a variation of Canaanite language. Before they spoke Yiddish.

the canaanites spoke Yiddish? Did they have a written alphabet?

No they didn't speak Yiddish. Yiddish is the language of Jews in later centuries. What a hoot.

yes----you are a hoot-------how about that CANAANITE ALPHABET?

Getting back to the OP, the reason Sumerians have an account similar to Genesis is because they shared a common ancestry/belief with the Jews before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

How anyone could come to any other possible conclusion is beyond logic.

There were not even Jews in the days of the flood. Megatsunamis in the area.

penny dear------reread your post------it does not make sense. AN "ANCESTRY BELIEF" does not NAME A PEOPLE.
No where in the TANACH is NOAH described as a "JEW"------(of course in the Koran he is a muslim)

Getting back to the OP, the reason Sumerians have an account similar to Genesis is because they shared a common ancestry/belief with the Jews before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

There were not even Jews in the days of the flood.
That's probably true.
No one obeyed all of God's demands until Abraham; it's in Genesis right before God destroys the Plain of Sodom.

Deut 27: 22 “Cursed be anyone who has relations with his sister, whether his father’s daughter or his mother’s daughter!” And all the people shall answer, “Amen!”

What commands did God have at that time, Seems to me God made laws against incest and lying, later, and

Moses Dad married his brothers sister, Aunt.

Leviticus 18:12 English Standard Version (ESV)

12 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's sister; she is your father's relative.

Exodus 6:20

20 Amram married his aunt Jochebed, who bore him Aaron, Moses, and Miriam.

Lot who the Lord let go, offered his virgin dtrs to the men and then they got their father drunk and had sex with them.

All according to scripture.

so? Zeus swallowed the mother of Athena

Last time I typed it I was told not to share the info, because they thought you guys might figure out the full name, making it unsafe.
In other words, it seems they think you guys and humanity in general are not mature enough or evolved enough socially and behavior wise to behave with such info and thus will abuse it or harass or do harm with it.
By the looks of the behavior on these forums, and society in general I have to agree.
Although believers deserve to know, and so they can if they want through effort, something non believers will be too lazy to persue.

I'm right on aren't I?
Nope, not even close as stated, the web site is mistaken....and I gave enough clues but thanks to the forum trolls and flames it's burried enough to require much labor, once again something non believers are guaranteed not to explore. :)
As you say Michael the clues are there but too many are “ clueless” in looking at them... In other words it is all hidden in plain sight but because errounous teachings are covering it up many cannot see through the deception...Put another way if someone is in a darkened room everything appears a certain way but if a strong light( truth and knowledge) is shined on the same room then it looks completely different and everything that was hidden is revealed and in plain sight needing no more errounous judgements or ideals as to what was really there all the time...

You guys are crazy, I'm right , just admit it.
I'm noticing a pattern here, in Politics you support a party that doesn't want our country and it's citizens to be all they could and should be, and think wanting that is crazy, & in religion you think wanting humanity to be all they could and should be is crazy. People with destructive personalities and beliefs tend to think stability and constructive natures as being threats to their nature of dissaray, thus despised by frail human egos.

Judaism 101 (my synopsis)
Judaism has always taught a firm ethic of working for a
better world, not waiting or sitting expecting it to plop
down and be handed to us. The mistake pagan religious societies make, is in waiting on G-d, as seen in their
misstranslation of the term in the bible which meant
“Bind” in G-d (not wait on G-d). This waiting causes society to neglect the work that must be done in order to create the world to come that could and ought to be.
Judaism is about changing the world in which we live.
This should come as no surprise, since Jews recite this three times a day, in the very final prayer of the service, known as Aleinu:
'to perfect the world in G-d's
kingdom.'
So in Brief, that is what Judaism is about, it is about transforming and bettering the world. The 'repair of the World' =Tikkun Olam. and preparing for the 'world to come'=Olam Habah. All of Judaism is based on the ideas that life is a steady progression of processions toward higher states of perfection, both on micro and
macro layers of existance. Man is instructed to better himself & rid himself of animalistic tendencies and deprecating and selfish receiving impulses. The knowledge & teaching that the future will bring a better world is not just a dream. The Torah itself, talks about the coming of Moshiach, who will set the process of
"redemption" (HaSheva) in motion by which the world will reach its perfection. Jews believe that all peoples are called to the service of righteousness, and we welcome dialogue with people of “good will” from all traditions. We believe in working towards the Tikkun Olam / 'the repair of the world' through programs of social action. Things like Poverty, Racial discrimination, political injustice, war, social decay,
and environmental deterioration are concerns always addressed in Judaism.

That is beautiful , no I do not believe we should wait on God either, but as long as Jews are allowed to do as they please you think its a better world. I doubt the jewish messiah is coming , but I think of him as Bibi, he is already here.

penny dear------reread your post------it does not make sense. AN "ANCESTRY BELIEF" does not NAME A PEOPLE.
No where in the TANACH is NOAH described as a "JEW"------(of course in the Koran he is a muslim)

I was responding to Ding, now tell me why Noah did not describe the flood, but Moses did?

I was responding to Ding, now tell me why Noah did not describe the flood, but Moses did?

did Noah, himself, leave a written account of anything? Did Jesus? Did John the Baptist?
Even I do not keep a diary

Mankind likes forgetting history so it can screw things up.

Different topic, but look at the ages recorded from Adam on down. Straight linear decrease until about 2,000 years ago when things bottomed out at our current life spans.
So what’s the proof that people lived longer before?
Same proof I have of who and when Julius Ceaser was. Historical record.
So nothing really, just the bible. Got it.
Bible continues to be shown to be 100% accurate in historical events. Bible is not all theology.

Yes Noah's ark and Jonah are true, heck the exodus is not even true.
Noah's ark is true? Then how did Noah get kangaroos from Oz and back again?

I'm sure she reads a lot of stuff. Reading isn't the problem. It's what she is reading for that is the problem.

BTW I warned you about TN.
I don't find TN offensive.
My own search has taken many years.
Mine did to. I never did what he does.

I guess it could be worse. He could be like Taz, er I mean Mudda.
Took me 10 years of attempting to reconcile something I saw. I was probably negative at points. But as long as you desire truth it works it’s way to the surface.
What did you see?
I have only discussed it with a few people. But thankfully my wife saw it too so I know I did not hallucinate.
So what was it?

So nothing really, just the bible. Got it.
Bible continues to be shown to be 100% accurate in historical events. Bible is not all theology.
So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?
The land was one continent before the flood. During the flood the earth was ripped up into what we have today. You make ice by water evaporation so as the waters receded an ice age began which allowed low sea levels and animals could migrate.

Any other questions?
But how do you explain the fact that the geologic record doesn’t support what you say?
The geologic record proves my position, that is why I have that position. I have no horse in that race, there are a dozen theories I could grab onto that does not contradict the Biblical account, even the one you currently believe in.
Can you provide a link to your geologic data that backs up your claim?

So what historical account are you talk8ng about? The bible? It’s not a history book, it’s all hearsay.
The NT was written several generations after the facts. Do you believe everything they say at the temple no matter how absurd?
The earliest writing of Alex the Great was 300 years after his death. Do you question he existed?
I question everything about him if that is the case. Look, Jesus may have existed, but all the magic tricks attributed to him? Extraordinary claims needs extraordinary proof.
And the proof is motive. Every criminal detective first looks at motive. So what was the motive for fabricating fantastic miracles?
Power? No, says we are to submit to the government and each other as individuals.
Money? No, says you give what you wish under no duress.
Fame? NT letters were written after his death. All disciples except one were executed for their faith.
To paraphrase CS Lewis, Jesus was either histories most famous suicidal narcissist or he was who he said he was.

Simple logic tells you that since there is no motive for fabricating such stories, they must be true.
Oh COME ON!!!!!!!!!! religion is all about power, money and control. Simple logic tells me that you base your beliefs on wishful thinking, because I can't even believe that you yourself even believe what you just said.

So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?
The land was one continent before the flood. During the flood the earth was ripped up into what we have today. You make ice by water evaporation so as the waters receded an ice age began which allowed low sea levels and animals could migrate.

Any other questions?
See? Thats a problem with me. How can you say the flood came before pangea broke apart when that happened millions of years ago.
Why do you say millions of years ago?
Yeah, you took what humans said who filled in blanks to make it fit their agenda.

It’s a 2 way street.
Physical evidence is dwarfed by faith? Maybe part of the problem is YOUR closed mindedness. You ever think about that?
What physical evidence? Like this 5 million year old layers of strata?
View attachment 175487

This canyon carved over millions of years by water?
View attachment 175488

They were all formed in about 2 weeks by Mount St Helens.
Sure, but the geologic proof for the event is right there for all to see. Where is YOUR geologic evidence for a worldwide flood?

The earliest writing of Alex the Great was 300 years after his death. Do you question he existed?
I question everything about him if that is the case. Look, Jesus may have existed, but all the magic tricks attributed to him? Extraordinary claims needs extraordinary proof.
And the proof is motive. Every criminal detective first looks at motive. So what was the motive for fabricating fantastic miracles?
Power? No, says we are to submit to the government and each other as individuals.
Fame? NT letters were written after his death. All disciples except one were executed for their faith.
To paraphrase CS Lewis, Jesus was either histories most famous suicidal narcissist or he was who he said he was.

Simple logic tells you that since there is no motive for fabricating such stories, they must be true.
There was is no motive in religion? Really?
I have yet to find any motive of the Bible other than my and your salvation.
You HAVE to be lying, because nobody can be THAT naive.

There was is no motive in religion? Really?
The only theory we have of God's "motive" is to give "good" and as physical entities we have no idea what this means.
It means behave or the god will drown you in a worldwide flood. Again.

I'm right on aren't I?
Nope, not even close as stated, the web site is mistaken....and I gave enough clues but thanks to the forum trolls and flames it's burried enough to require much labor, once again something non believers are guaranteed not to explore. :)
As you say Michael the clues are there but too many are “ clueless” in looking at them... In other words it is all hidden in plain sight but because errounous teachings are covering it up many cannot see through the deception...Put another way if someone is in a darkened room everything appears a certain way but if a strong light( truth and knowledge) is shined on the same room then it looks completely different and everything that was hidden is revealed and in plain sight needing no more errounous judgements or ideals as to what was really there all the time...

You guys are crazy, I'm right , just admit it.
I'm noticing a pattern here, in Politics you support a party that doesn't want our country and it's citizens to be all they could and should be, and think wanting that is crazy, & in religion you think wanting humanity to be all they could and should be is crazy. People with destructive personalities and beliefs tend to think stability and constructive natures as being threats to their nature of dissaray, thus despised by frail human egos.

Judaism 101 (my synopsis)
Judaism has always taught a firm ethic of working for a
better world, not waiting or sitting expecting it to plop
down and be handed to us. The mistake pagan religious societies make, is in waiting on G-d, as seen in their
misstranslation of the term in the bible which meant
“Bind” in G-d (not wait on G-d). This waiting causes society to neglect the work that must be done in order to create the world to come that could and ought to be.
Judaism is about changing the world in which we live.
This should come as no surprise, since Jews recite this three times a day, in the very final prayer of the service, known as Aleinu:
'to perfect the world in G-d's
kingdom.'
So in Brief, that is what Judaism is about, it is about transforming and bettering the world. The 'repair of the World' =Tikkun Olam. and preparing for the 'world to come'=Olam Habah. All of Judaism is based on the ideas that life is a steady progression of processions toward higher states of perfection, both on micro and
macro layers of existance. Man is instructed to better himself & rid himself of animalistic tendencies and deprecating and selfish receiving impulses. The knowledge & teaching that the future will bring a better world is not just a dream. The Torah itself, talks about the coming of Moshiach, who will set the process of
"redemption" (HaSheva) in motion by which the world will reach its perfection. Jews believe that all peoples are called to the service of righteousness, and we welcome dialogue with people of “good will” from all traditions. We believe in working towards the Tikkun Olam / 'the repair of the world' through programs of social action. Things like Poverty, Racial discrimination, political injustice, war, social decay,
and environmental deterioration are concerns always addressed in Judaism.

That is beautiful , no I do not believe we should wait on God either, but as long as Jews are allowed to do as they please you think its a better world. I doubt the jewish messiah is coming , but I think of him as Bibi, he is already here.
And those are not religious Jews, ironically you are justifying what I stated to the OP about devotion to the Essence and instructions leading us to reflect that Essence and manifest that Essence. You are laying blame to those who do not adhere or devote to instructions or instructors, and validating the need for that central source of inspiration and constructive judgement=the third Temple (Mikdash).

Hilarious that someone who spends so much time mocking Christianity uses the handle of one of the most devout famous Christians in history.
Its hilarious that someone that uses a handle that relies on science to bash science.
Dude, I made my career in science. I have never bashed science unless it is BS being sold as science.
Lol but conveniently ignores it when it goes against your faith. I hear ya
Please, do tell me what threatens my faith.
Like I said, I took 10 years of research to get there. There is nothing you can raise that I do not have an answer for.

Really, why did Jesus say this:
Matthew 5:41 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
41 Should anyone press you into service for one mile,go with him for two miles. NABRE
That really that difficult for you? Read the entire passage from the Sermon on the Mount. Even just the one paragraph explains itself.

Eye for Eye
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

If you really need that explained, I would be more than happy to.

Its hilarious that someone that uses a handle that relies on science to bash science.
Dude, I made my career in science. I have never bashed science unless it is BS being sold as science.
Lol but conveniently ignores it when it goes against your faith. I hear ya
Please, do tell me what threatens my faith.
Like I said, I took 10 years of research to get there. There is nothing you can raise that I do not have an answer for.

Really, why did Jesus say this:
Matthew 5:41 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
41 Should anyone press you into service for one mile,go with him for two miles. NABRE
That really that difficult for you? Read the entire passage from the Sermon on the Mount. Even just the one paragraph explains itself.

Eye for Eye
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

If you really need that explained, I would be more than happy to.

the mount of olives is just east of east Jerusalem-----DA POPE does not believe that it is part of
Judea. Thus, we can conclude that THE POPE rejects the entire story about the fake "SERMON
ON THE MOUNT"-------sorry catholics-----NO MORE "SERMON ON THE MOUNT" ---is some guy
named Jesus chose to give a SERMON up there-----he was just invading MUSLIM LAND

Oh COME ON!!!!!!!!!! religion is all about power, money and control. Simple logic tells me that you base your beliefs on wishful thinking, because I can't even believe that you yourself even believe what you just said.
So is politics and business, not to mention abusing families and friends.

So you agree that religion is all about power, money and control. Good for you. :clap2:

So you agree that religion is all about power, money and control. Good for you. :clap2:
That’s what mankind has created.
How do you define religion?
A system that sucks the life out of one person in favor of another does not represent God.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back