Elementary school shooting

Goverment can and does limit the type of weapons civilians can own. You cannot effectively defend yourself from the goverment with an assault rifle. We have evolved beyond that point.

That being said, I don't think banning the sale of certain types of guns will have any real effect on gun crime.
Yes the government can regulate certain firearms, those that does not have 'some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia'

Those...........do.

Imbecile.

Thanks for quoting my post .

If it gives you comfort to think you can effectively fight the US government with an assault rifle, then keep thinking that.

I happen to disagree.

The Taliban has done ore with far less, so why not?

And I thnk these ex-military will do a lot better than the Taliban should it come to that.

Hopefully it never will.

steph, you are talking as if you are one one of the least intelligent posters on the board. Just telling the truth.

The laws will pass, and any of your wack crowed gets violent, that person(s) will die.

All of us are part of the social compact, and all of us will comply with the laws of We the People.

Dear, you don't understand. Some of you on the far right crazee gun crowd are going to go over the law, be caged either in a coffin or in a super max, and 90% of America will go "ho hum" and never think of those who do again.

:lol:
meds dear...and you should be telling the gang bangers, the mobsters, your gun tooten politicians that first, then come back and tell us legal gun owning citizens

oh good grief, spare us your predictions and we all a part of a social compact bull..
I don't run in a pact like animals..but it seems like a lot of you feel the need to so you don't have to stand on YOUR OWN two feet..

If it gives you comfort to think you can effectively fight the US government with an assault rifle, then keep thinking that.

I happen to disagree.

And I thnk these ex-military will do a lot better than the Taliban should it come to that.

Hopefully it never will.

So you want to be like the Taliban now?

Seriously, Hitler?

Yeah, and you wonder why we want to get the guns away from you whacks.

Here's why your analogy doesn't hold up. Besides the fact that the Taliban are being constantly resupplied by Pakistani intelligence, the fact is, they have popular support.

Most Americans don't want Timothy McVeigh wannabes living next store.

I happen to disagree.

Hopefully it never will.

The Taliban has fully functional AK-47s and RPGs. They fire and run away

Anyone who is ex-military understands what it means to go head to head with US soldiers and Marines. It is not guns but training, tactics, communications and a fully funtioning command and control structure that wins the wars

Our military complex is the biggest and most powerful force on this planet. Your rifle cannot adequately defend you should the United States government turn on you. Im actually suprised so many seem to think they can seriously defend themselves agaisnt the all the power the United States has, with a rifle.

Our military complex is the biggest and most powerful force on this planet. Your rifle cannot adequately defend you should the United States government turn on you. Im actually suprised so many seem to think they can seriously defend themselves agaisnt the all the power the United States has, with a rifle.
I rather think most in the military took their oath to the Constitution a hell of a lot more seriously than any elected official.

Morning Amy,

Defending the Constitution is the duty of all patriots. I'd prefer to have the government stay within its limits, but freedom is not free.

Really? Now answer me this oh great thinker How many Soldiers will kill their family or neighbor cause of a fascist president told them to? And how many bullets do you need to end someone? Can we blow up a tank? You seem to think that people will just give up their liberty at gun point. If this was true Wilson or Roosevelt would have already done it.

So many are ex-military too

Didn't they learn anything in the service?

Morning Amy,

Defending the Constitution is the duty of all patriots. I'd prefer to have the government stay within its limits, but freedom is not free.

I'm sorry

But if the laws are legally changed in accordance with our Constitution you are no longer defending the Constitution
You are just an armed thug taking up arms against his country and you will be treated as such

Morning Amy,

I'm sorry

But if the laws are legally changed in accordance with our Constitution you are no longer defending the Constitution
You are just an armed thug taking up arms against his country and you will be treated as such

The law cannot take away a Constitutional right. This is clearly such a right. I won't hunt down members of the government in defense of those rights, but I won't be hunted either. By the way, the government will be shooting an unarmed person.

This country is a democracy within a constitutional Republic.

Yes, you will obey the laws of We the People or pay the price.

steph, you are talking as if you are one one of the least intelligent posters on the board. Just telling the truth.

The laws will pass, and any of your wack crowed gets violent, that person(s) will die.

All of us are part of the social compact, and all of us will comply with the laws of We the People.

:lol:
meds dear...and you should be telling the gang bangers, the mobsters, your gun tooten politicians that first, then come back and tell us legal gun owning citizens

oh good grief, spare us your predictions and we all a part of a social compact bull..
I don't run in a pact like animals..but it seems like a lot of you feel the need to so you don't have to stand on YOUR OWN two feet..

Morning Amy,

I'm sorry

The law cannot take away a Constitutional right. This is clearly such a right. I won't hunt down members of the government in defense of those rights, but I won't be hunted either. By the way, the government will be shooting an unarmed person.

Why would the government shoot an unarmed person?

If a law is passed in accordance with our Constitution and it passes any Constitutional judicial challenge, then it is Constitutional

The courts decide what is Constitutional....not internet posters

Morning Amy,

I'm sorry

What it really comes down is how deceitful partisan hacks deliberately misinterpret the Constitution to better fit their ideologies. Gun control is not about controlling guns... It's about controlling people.

I'm sorry

If a law is passed in accordance with our Constitution and it passes any Constitutional judicial challenge, then it is Constitutional

Hmmmm....why DO governments shoot unarmed people?

images

2-year old victim at waco.

waco2.jpg

china-tanks.jpg

Feds+Lose.jpg

Morning Amy,

I'm sorry

What it really comes down is how deceitful partisan hacks deliberately misinterpret the Constitution to better fit their ideologies. Gun control is not about controlling guns... It's about controlling people.

If you believe that your rights and obligations as a citizen are to legally protest, campaign to elect those who support your political views. file legal challenges to the laws, write positions on your political views and bost them on the interweb

Just because the tide has turned against you does not give you the right to take up arms against your country. That is treason. If you do so, you will face the consequenses

Hmmmm....why DO governments shoot unarmed people?

images

2-year old victim at waco.

waco2.jpg

china-tanks.jpg

Feds+Lose.jpg

The Branch Davidian compound was occupied by criminals who had shot US agents.

They fought the law....and the law won

I'm sorry

If you believe that your rights and obligations as a citizen are to legally protest, campaign to elect those who support your political views. file legal challenges to the laws, write positions on your political views and bost them on the interweb

Just because the tide has turned against you does not give you the right to take up arms against your country. That is treason. If you do so, you will face the consequenses
Then the government better think long and hard about violating the Constitution. Another one of those neat checks and balances.

Forum List

Back