Employer Coverage Booming Under ACA

ObamaCare is here to stay, sorry.

Obamacare isnt even Obamacare. What was passed is not what we have now.

And so the Orwellian rhetorical transition begins. The piss will trickle down from on high to stop calling it ObamaCare (don't want to give the guy credit now that it is finally sinking in that it is going to survive) and start calling it the ACA.
It wont survive. It hasn't survived. Obamacare mandated a timetable, with both employer and individual mandates. The administration argued before the Supreme Court that all of it was critical and vital to the bill. And since then Obama has stripped provision after provision, and allowed all sorts of changes and substitutions.
Only a moron does not see that. Then again....

Oh by the way, all those new ESI enrollees may soon be kicked off of their coverage when the employer mandate hits. So, how will the ACA have any "positive impact" then, exactly?

Desperate wishful thinking.

Employers know the mandate is coming. They know the mandate has minimum standards. Do you think they would decide to enroll people now with less than minimum standards knowing the mandate is coming? :lol:

Employers aren't as stupid as you are.

Those imaginary 93 millions you all thought would be kicked off ESHI aren't going to happen. The opposite is occurring.

Some may wonder if the employer mandate being postponed will become permanent.

I am on an Ipad I have no idea how.

You do know that The Liar In Chief delayed the large group mandate until 2016 don't you?

So you made that claim up. I see...

LOL, I'd think you'd know by now not to tangle with me on this subject :)

So you DON'T know that Bammy delayed it...now I understand your ignorance.

I know the mandate was extended. I discussed it at length in the topics started by the rubes claiming 93 million would lose their insurance. But that is for plans which RENEW. They are allowed to be non-compliant. Show us that NEW plans are non-compliant.

It is you who does not know what you are talking about.

Oh by the way, all those new ESI enrollees may soon be kicked off of their coverage when the employer mandate hits. So, how will the ACA have any "positive impact" then, exactly?

Desperate wishful thinking.

Employers know the mandate is coming. They know the mandate has minimum standards. Do you think they would decide to enroll people now with less than minimum standards knowing the mandate is coming? :lol:

Employers aren't as stupid as you are.

Those imaginary 93 millions you all thought would be kicked off ESHI aren't going to happen. The opposite is occurring.

Some may wonder if the employer mandate being postponed will become permanent.

The Bamster's friend Bobby Gibbs says it will.

So you made that claim up. I see...

I know the mandate was extended. But that is for plans which RENEW. They are allowed to be non-compliant. Show us that NEW plans are non-compliant.

Psssssttttt, Employers enroll employees in the Plans they currently have in place, they don't start NEW plans,you aren't very good at this g.

Just to restate the OP, employer coverage increased by 8.2 million.

Show us the new policies are non-compliant, Antares.

I know the mandate was extended. But that is for plans which RENEW. They are allowed to be non-compliant. Show us that NEW plans are non-compliant.

Psssssttttt, Employers enroll employees in the Plans they currently have in place, they don't start NEW plans,you aren't very good at this g.

In addition to having zero evidence the new policies are non-compliant, you have yet to show the renewed employer policies are non-compliant. They are ALLOWED to be noncompliant for a while longer. That does not mean they ARE. Understand the difference, or look like the fool you are being.

My company is well above the minimum standards. We have been since before ObamaCare was invented. This is the case for many companies, and is why your unsubstantiated claims are so much bullshit.

Obamacare has been implemented by way of intimidation and force. The People have no choice anymore. Obama hasn't done anyone any favors. He's forcing them to comply. It's just too bad his loyal followers are too ignorant to understand that.

The IRS has now been given unprecedented Powers. The People will be feeling their wrath in the coming years. That's what Obama has given the People. The Mandate is simply Un-American and wrong. No one should be celebrating. At the very least, the Mandate has to be ended.

Obamacare has been implemented by way of intimidation and force. The People have no choice anymore. Obama hasn't done anyone any favors. He's forcing them to comply. It's just too bad his loyal followers are too ignorant to understand that.

The IRS has now been given unprecedented Powers. The People will be feeling their wrath in the coming years. That's what Obama has given the People. The Mandate is simply Un-American and wrong. At the very least, it has to be ended.

Was that the case in Massachusetts?

Nope!

75 percent of those polled five years after its implementation said they wanted RomneyCare (ObamaCare's mother) to stay.

In addition to having zero evidence the new policies are non-compliant, you have yet to show the renewed employer policies are non-compliant. They are ALLOWED to be noncompliant for a while longer. That does not mean they ARE. Understand the difference, or look like the fool you are being.

My company is well above the minimum standards. We have been since before ObamaCare was invented. This is the case for many companies, and is why your unsubstantiated claims are so much bullshit.

I realize that you are angry with me because every time you tangle with me on this subject you lose very badly.

So your contention is that NO employer can enroll a NEW employee in a plan that they CURRENTLY have in place, is that right?

They have another year g, sorry.

ObamaCare is here to stay, sorry.

In name only. :eusa_whistle:
This bill isn't the same bill that was passed.

It could be improved. If the House would sit down with the Senate and address any issues that have come up, then both parties could take credit for it. But the GOP is intent on one solution....REPEAL!

How has THAT worked out for you?

The IRS has now been given unprecedented Powers. The People will be feeling their wrath in the coming years. That's what Obama has given the People. The Mandate is simply Un-American and wrong. At the very least, it has to be ended.

Nope!

75 percent of those polled five years after its implementation said they wanted RomneyCare (ObamaCare's mother) to stay.

The People no longer have a choice. Obamacare has been implemented by way of force. But unfortunately, most of his loyal followers don't understand that. They have absolutely no idea what they've been told to support. Obama hasn't given them anything. He's forced it on them.

He's given the IRS unprecedented Powers, by way of the Mandate. He's brought a whole lot of future misery to the People. They will incur the IRS's wrath. The Mandate has to go. Period, end of story.

Last edited:

I realize that you are angry with me because every time you tangle with me on this subject you lose very badly.

BWA-HA-HA-HA!

So your contention is that NO employer can enroll a NEW employee in a plan that they CURRENTLY have in place, is that right?
Nope. My contention is that you have shown no evidence that all the newly insured people are in non-compliant plans.

Put up or shut up.

Nope!

Not sure why you brought up the Ma. healthcare system. :eusa_whistle:

RomneyCare
ObamaCare
Overall Size and Scope
-Whole bill was 70 pages
-Romney vetoed significant sections of the bill including the employer penalty for not providing health insurance
-Romney favored an “opt out” provision from the mandate
-No federal gov. insurance option
-Intended as a market driven solution to healthcare

-Whole bill was 2,074 pages
-Very broad regulation of the insurance industry including an employer penalty for not providing health insurance and no "opt out" provision
-Leaves open the option of creating single-payer gov. insurance in the future
-Intended as a step toward gov. run insurance
Costs
-No new taxes!
-Romney balanced the state’s budget first, then passed healthcare law
-No cuts to Medicare benefits
-Modest cost to state (only added 1% to state budget)

-Increased taxes by $500 billion
-Despite massive federal gov. debt, Obama still passed Obamacare
-Cuts Medicare by $500 billion
-Overall costs unknown!
Popularity
-Very strong bipartisan support
-Strong special interest support
-Very popular among the public in Massachusetts
-Strong consensus of approval was built in the state to support the law
-Consensus was built to support an individual mandate

-Absolutely no bipartisan support
-Very controversial and divided special interest groups
-Unpopular in nation overall
-No consensus was built to support a mandate
Constitutionality
-Constitutional
-Regardless of how the Supreme Court rules on Obamacare, Romneycare will remain constitutional
-Potentially unconstitutional
-Supreme Court has yet to rule on 10th amendment limitations of federal gov. power in regard to this law
Federalism
-A state solution to a state problem
-Through collaboration and discussion, Massachusetts created a consensus among stake holders to support the new law

-Federal gov. “one-size-fits-all” plan
-Doesn’t take into account that each state is unique in important ways such as:
1)Vastly different debt levels between states (some states can’t afford new spending on health care)
2)Some states have three times the percentage of uninsured citizens (Much greater costs will be imposed on states with a larger percentage of uninusured citizens)
3)Conservative states will reject implementation of federal gov. plan.
Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

Here is the claim:

They are currently still enrolling in non compliant plans.

As I pointed out, just because an employer is allowed to have a non-compliant plan for a while longer, that does not mean they do have a non-compliant plan. Many employers have been in compliance, are in compliance, and will be in compliance.

Your mistake is you bumped up against someone who knows this while you attempted to imply all employers are non-compliant and that all these new enrollees are in non-compliant plans.

Furthermore, the rubes who drank the piss about 93 million people losing their insurance when the mandate goes into effect are also guilty of the same flawed thinking.

You have ZERO evidence for your claim, because it does not exist.

Are there employers who are non-compliant? Yes. But not all of them. So right there your bullshit begins to fall apart.

Are any employers who are non-compliant going to drop insurance once the mandate kicks in and just pay the fines instead? Yes. But not all of them. Many of them will improve their insurance coverage to be in compliance. So the bullshit falls apart even further.

What's more, many employers who NEVER offered insurance to their employees are and will start offering insurance as a result of ObamaCare. So the bullshit completely collapses at this point.

Forum List

Back