Escaping Christianity

If you don't know the answer to that, then you are even more lacking in understanding than I previously thought.

Does it really need to be spelled out to you? Or are you just trolling?
Yes, it actually has to be spelled out to me.

I'm not trolling. I just can't see a decent reason to commit those sins. I only want to know why you would do that, and still follow and promote the religion. it makes no sense to me...

It's not something to be tagged as "funny". It's a real question.

Your religions have committed unbelievable sins. The worst torture and evil you can imagine... But those evils, made your religion become what it is today. And you were borne into those religions due to the evil they did, and forced to follow by birthright.

How can you deal with those truths in your religion? Or do you just ignore them?

"It's a real question to ask, 'If you accept that Christianity is evil and makes people evil because I say so, then how can you be a Christian?' How could you think spewing deranged vitriol isn't sincere questioning?"

Consider the possibility, oh lunatic, that people aren't "ignoring truths" by ignoring you and your pathological religious bigotry. People usually avoid ranting deranged nutjobs.

I clearly spelled out to him that the atrocities he always brings up are in direct contradiction to the words of Jesus. I posted what "religion" is in the eyes of God. (James 1:27) He ignored everything I said, then tried to make it sound like I was saying something different. So I'm back to thinking he is either a) incredibly dense or b) a lying troll who hates Christianity with a passion. My guess is the latter. He's been doing this stuff for years.
Who carried out the crusades and the inquisitions? And the atrocities? Give me a quote that it wasn't the Christians.

You clearly have ZERO understanding on what it means to be a Christian. I'm tired of having to spell everything out for you. I would do it, if you were sincere. But since you completely ignored my earlier post, where I took the time to spell everything out for you, you've shown your true colors. I don't have time for people like you. Quit trolling, troll.

I'm actually tired of telling you that Christianity is evil. Do you even understand what your religion did prior to you being born? The reason you have your religion'? Do you even understand that?

You killed and tortured and did unbelievable things to non believers. You enslaved children as rewards and sold them to horrible people that were willing to pay for fuck knows what.. And other children you kept for the priests for molestation. And burned women, and killed everyone else.

It is wicked evil.

And you believe the results of those evils.

I dunno know... seems to me you're not going to heaven by being ignorant.

Last edited:
You should know this shit. This is history. You can't just refuse and ignore it. It's what really happened in this world, and it contradicts your religion. And shows that it is a really bad thing. With torture and murder and rape and enslavement and trafficking, all the worst things we can imagine today.... That's what Christianity did years before, to force you to make you Christian today....

That's how you roll today. That's where it came from. That's the truth.

Any Santa Claus versions of that today are bullshit. Because they ultimately come back to murder of non-believers when necessary. Ask ding or his brethren.

Last edited:
I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

So you're going to teach the Bible for an entire year feeling it to be a lie? That's not honest. You need to resign right now.

Does your wife know about all this?

People died and killed to keep the Bible out of the hands of the masses because it has great power. Now we have free access to it but never utilize it. I can confidently teach kids to learn and respect the Bible. I will not resign right now. I enjoy teaching. Yes. My wife, kids and one of my students is aware of this.

You are not teaching the Bible honestly if you are posing as a Believer while you are doing this. You are doing this for personal gain--getting your "ducks in a row", while dishonestly profiting from the Gospel before you let your atheism out

Listen. I would not do this if I were you.

What do you think is the best thing to do?

accept Jesus as your Savior and realize your a sinner going to hell unless you repent and accept His free gift.

Free gift for new believers:

60_7_18_2008_11_05_21_am.jpg

Last edited:
I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

You visit probably a Dead 'Church' run by fluffy-banny-hippie-dippie commies.
Do you know the word 'Apostasy'?
Almost 99% of all modern 'churches' are practically dead, it was predicted in the Bible

Regarding your wrong statement 'This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing.' read carefully Deuteronomy 28:1-14.

Sounds like while you seem to be blaming Christianity, the real problem lies with you. I think you need to leave it and find yourself then go from there.

That's the plan.

the christian bible began to be written in the early 4th century and was completed at the centuries final years as the state religion of the roman empire and is a manufactured document complete with forgeries and false depictions as the inclusion of a messiah that are not reflective of the true events of the 1st century.

true events ot the 1st century

:abgg2q.jpg::aug08_031::huh1::icon_rolleyes::lame2::laughing0301::link::right::th_weirdthread:

So basically you make up anything you like and say it happened in the first century but it was passed down by oral tradition? This is very convenient but obviously dishonest as a mother trucker.

You are admittedly following your own made up nonsense. Which isn't too weird but pretending it is ultra-authentic makes you look totally looney.

If you don't know the answer to that, then you are even more lacking in understanding than I previously thought.

Does it really need to be spelled out to you? Or are you just trolling?

I'm not trolling. I just can't see a decent reason to commit those sins. I only want to know why you would do that, and still follow and promote the religion. it makes no sense to me...

Your religions have committed unbelievable sins. The worst torture and evil you can imagine... But those evils, made your religion become what it is today. And you were borne into those religions due to the evil they did, and forced to follow by birthright.

How can you deal with those truths in your religion? Or do you just ignore them?

"It's a real question to ask, 'If you accept that Christianity is evil and makes people evil because I say so, then how can you be a Christian?' How could you think spewing deranged vitriol isn't sincere questioning?"

Consider the possibility, oh lunatic, that people aren't "ignoring truths" by ignoring you and your pathological religious bigotry. People usually avoid ranting deranged nutjobs.

I clearly spelled out to him that the atrocities he always brings up are in direct contradiction to the words of Jesus. I posted what "religion" is in the eyes of God. (James 1:27) He ignored everything I said, then tried to make it sound like I was saying something different. So I'm back to thinking he is either a) incredibly dense or b) a lying troll who hates Christianity with a passion. My guess is the latter. He's been doing this stuff for years.
Who carried out the crusades and the inquisitions? And the atrocities? Give me a quote that it wasn't the Christians.

Protestants didn't exist until the late 1500's. Evanglicalism didn't even exist until the late 1800's. Please don't blame either if them. These two groups even reject the Roman Catholic Church, atrocities and all.

Your loss, not mine. God said that Life was never meant to be easy, and follow him and love him, and you will get the greatest gift ever given by god. Go look into your children's eyes again, and tell me that there was no intelligent design in their creation, that it was all luck of the dice.

It wasn't. Now what? Follow your God?
So you believe that your children was just a random act?

I am saying they weren't. I am just asking how that obligates me to follow the religion of your choosing? Why can't I choose my religion based on the religion of Gary's choosing? or Elizabeth's choosing? Why does prefer of an intelligent designer obligate me to believe everything you say? That sounds dumb as an inflated truck tire during a math quiz.

Pray to your God that the company where I work will have funds to pay me on payday.

Pray to your God that the car I drive starts up every day next week.

Pray to your God that President Trump is not assassinated this week.

Pray to your God that my local supermarket still has canned soup in stock.

If your God can answer these prayers then I will reconsider my atheistic position and totally turn my life back to Christ Jesus.
You're looking for a genie, not your Creator

I found my creators. I even found their creators. I even found the creators of my creators' creators. After that I lost track. I know who some of them were but it is all heresay from reliable sources. I am a grown up now and do not need my creators to care for me anymore. Besides. I know where they are. Why should I be looking for my creators?

Ask your wife where she was when the fertilized egg was traveling down her Fallopian tube, and how exactly it was she got it to implant just so in her uterus. For that matter. Ask her how she constructed all her ovum while she was yet in her mother's womb.

See what you come up with.

For the purpose of advancing this argument I will surrender and agree that the God of the Bible did all of that. Now. How does that obligate me to follow your religion instead of John's religion or even Tina's religion?

I can't satisfy everybody that makes absurd certainty claims. Why is your certainty claim superior to that of others?

serving is not a burden.

That is not true in all cases. Imagine what it is like taking a loved one through the detox process. It is extremely painful emotionally.

Some work is work. Not all work is a delight.

I would hire me hundreds of dummies that believe serving is not a burden. Christians have an amazing work ethic. I will give them that. I am willing to overlook that it is based on delusional idiocy. Let's get some more of these Christian's performing hard burdensome labor and make some money!!

Went to a dr who suggested a really out of the box surgery. Lo and behold, it WORKED.

That was a good doctor. I am glad he took care of you.

It would have been totally retarded to fully rely on God. Relying on God for 5% instead if 100% was wise on your part. If you would have fully relied on God you might be dead. Praise Doctor So and So.

You realize the Bible does not prohibit drs right?

When I go to church today I'm going to be praying you are removed from, or voluntarily leave, your position very soon

Life is but a vapor. Nine months is even less than that. It will be soon by God's standards. Basically you prayer was answered yes before you even prayed it.

People died and killed to keep the Bible out of the hands of the masses because it has great power. Now we have free access to it but never utilize it. I can confidently teach kids to learn and respect the Bible. I will not resign right now. I enjoy teaching. Yes. My wife, kids and one of my students is aware of this.

You are not teaching the Bible honestly if you are posing as a Believer while you are doing this. You are doing this for personal gain--getting your "ducks in a row", while dishonestly profiting from the Gospel before you let your atheism out

Listen. I would not do this if I were you.

What do you think is the best thing to do?
Vasu, what turned you off? Was it that the Bible is not literal

I don't believe that God is out there. I want to cleanse my mind of religious filth for a year or so to see how normal people think. I guess I am just curious what it would be like to be secular. Will I be happier? Sadder? Nicer? Meaner? What can a lack of religion do to a man? I have a lot of garbage in my head and I want it out.
Strange that you cant see your decaying soul

Do you want to know what is stranger than that?

Given the circumstances, resign now. If you don't know your Father, you can't teach others about someone you don't even know.
BTW, what God did for you specifically was to die in your place, covered in your sin, thereby securing a seat for you and your family at His table for eternity. What more do you require?

Nothing. What more does He require?

Atheists don't pursue a life of sin. Sin matters not one whit to them. They don't believe in it.

True, the church has been a tremendous asset to civilization. And by the church, of course, I mean the body, first transformed by the Holy Spirit so as to transform the world. Christians had in their ranks a new and unbridled power of regeneration. The Holy Spirit is freedom (2 Cor 3:17). He is a liberating influence that God unleashed on the earth through His living vessels sculpted for honorable use to do good works (2 Tm 2:21).

In the words of the Master himself, the Holy Spirit is the power of forgiveness and Spirit of truth (Jn 20:22-23; 14:17). He is the power of a divinely-inspired ethical standard that ultimately relegated the apostasy of the Jews and the moral relativism of the pagans to the dustbin of history.

The church on the street corner, on the other hand, is quite different. It is a weekly Sunday school and the same tired message from the pulpit. Naturally, unbelievers would fall away from that.

I agreed with all you said til you got to the end. If the Believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit how can the "church on the street corner" have the "same old tired message" from the pulpit? Now I DO agree that this message might seem tired to unbelievers. To Believers, however, it's not...at all.
The church on the street corner is losing its congregation. People are not showing up to hear the reruns, which, by the way, are not the gospel.

The church on the street corner has created a dualistic message of heaven and hell, contrary to the message of the Bible. It's a farce, and people are no longer believing it.

Because you say so huh?
NEGATIVE....your LefTarded buddies, Hollywood, MTV and the Kardashian’s reprogrammed our youth, took the cool out of religion / faith as it works against their twisted...love faggots, wetbacks and chicks with dicks agenda.

It is just unrealistic and boring after a while. I will learn a lot more by reading at home.
These two guys are closer to the biblical narrative than the average neighborhood preacher is, although they still don't quite see the full picture. When you know what the Bible really says, it could well alarm you.

I couldn't listen to that tie-less heathen. God's messengers wear ties.

I just don't believe that I am a terrible person because I don't evangelize every waken moment of my life
You're a closet evangelist for Atheism.

Is that good, bad or what? Should I have taken that as an insult or a compliment? I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Evangelical Christian denominations constantly berate their congregation for not doing enough to win souls to Christ. It is an impossible standard to live up to. When people are burning in hell for all eternity and it is all my fault. That makes me feel bad about myself. Do you know how exhausting that mentality is?

Yes. Most people ignore those teachings or write it off as rhetoric to preserve their sanity. I have a hard time believing that the Christian's I know weren't sincere when they say we are mandated to spread the gospel to the entire world. I firmly believe they genuinely believe that it is their duty as a Christian.

I know none of them could possibly follow through with that. If these people are just spewing rhetoric then I can deal with that but it just seems so unlikely. I think these people are serious. It is too exhausting to me. I don't want to hear this garbage for the rest of my life.

The obligation of saving the world is too much for anyone to bear. I am not even sure that it is scripturally accurate. Didn't Christ say, "It is finished."?

He did indeed.

I don't know how many times I need to tell you that you have learned very bad, very flawed theology and are in the wrong church

I am in the process of leaving.

Protestants didn't exist until the late 1500's. Evanglicalism didn't even exist until the late 1800's. Please don't blame either if them. These two groups even reject the Roman Catholic Church, atrocities and all.
They did all the evil. And you know that. Yes, I'm going to hold them accountable. They're the assholes we have to get rid of...

Forum List

Back