Escaping Christianity

They killed everyone, raped all the women, tortured everyone, trafficked the children. To this day, the priests molest the children, and nobody belonging to the religion really cares or notices. They're allowed to do this. They get a little spank recently. But only recently. Does anyone realize what they have done in the past?

And this is what Christian religion is? I'd be embarrassed to believe in that...

If you don't know the answer to that, then you are even more lacking in understanding than I previously thought.

Does it really need to be spelled out to you? Or are you just trolling?
Yes, it actually has to be spelled out to me.

I'm not trolling. I just can't see a decent reason to commit those sins. I only want to know why you would do that, and still follow and promote the religion. it makes no sense to me...

It's not something to be tagged as "funny". It's a real question.

Your religions have committed unbelievable sins. The worst torture and evil you can imagine... But those evils, made your religion become what it is today. And you were borne into those religions due to the evil they did, and forced to follow by birthright.

How can you deal with those truths in your religion? Or do you just ignore them?

I gave your post a funny because I was thinking, "You've got to be kidding me." I honestly didn't think anyone could be that ignorant, to not understand the difference between mere RELIGION (empty or false) and genuine Christianity, truly following Jesus. That's why I thought (and still think) you were just trolling. I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt, but according to your own replies, I shouldn't have given you that much credit.

I didn't read all your posts, but based on a quick glance, it looks like most of the stuff you brought up was actions of the Catholic Church. First of all, I'm not Catholic. It is not my "religion." Second of all, I don't want to offend our Catholics here, but I believe that the Catholic church is corrupt, and has been corrupt for a very long time. Many of their teachings are in direct contradiction to the scriptures. Overall they are a mixture of Paganism and Christianity.

Any person or church can claim to be Christian. That means nothing if they are unregenerate and if they don't actually follow Jesus. Jesus clearly stated that there would be deception, wolves in sheep's clothing, and He said that you shall know them by "their fruits." Which means that when it comes to Christianity, you don't merely go by a person's words, but by their actions.

OBVIOUSLY things like pedophilia are as evil as it gets, and the complete opposite of what Christianity teaches. Let's look at what Jesus said about those who mislead or hurt children:

"It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble."
- Luke 17:2
Does that sound like Christianity teaches pedophilia? I mean, come on, I figured everyone, even the most hard-hearted and blind atheists understood that.
What about the Crusades or how we deal with people of other religions or unbelievers?

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.'
-Matthew 10:14​

As far as killing people/enemies, let's look at what Jesus had to say:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
- Matthew 5:43​

Now let's look at what God says is true religion:

"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world."
- James 1:27
I could go on, but let me ask you this. Do you have a disagreement with the concept of loving your enemies? What about the teaching of shaking the dust off your feet and leaving town if someone doesn't want to hear the message? Do you have a disagreement with not harming children, with caring for orphans and widows?

If you're going to judge a particular faith (whether it's Christianity or any other faith), judge it by the actual teachings, and the words of the LEADER (in this case Jesus), not by corrupt men who claim to be Christian, or by corrupt churches who call themselves Christian, as I said before, ANYONE can claim to be a Christian.

Jesus said you will know them by their fruits.

If you don't like the teachings of Jesus, you're entitled to your opinion. What is NOT cool is to be dishonest, by conflating the actions of a corrupt church or corrupt individuals with actual Christianity. Btw, I can guess what your reply is going to be, I remember you from the DA days. I know your whole take on all this. I'm not interested in debating this with you, at least not right now. But if you continue to post silly posts, feigning ignorance, I will continue to respond with "funnies". Thanks for reading.
Any person or church can claim to be Christian. That means nothing if they are unregenerate and if they don't actually follow Jesus. Jesus clearly stated that there would be deception, wolves in sheep's clothing, and He said that you shall know them by "their fruits." Which means that when it comes to Christianity, you don't merely go by a person's words, but by their actions.

that is correct

what was said in the 1st century was a reaffirmation of the religion of antiquity - there was no such notion jesus was god or a messiah till the religion of christianity made it up - show any contradiction to the fact provided as an original document by any of the characters involved, namely jesus. your religion was not their role in the events that occurred during those times.

What is NOT cool is to be dishonest, by conflating the actions of a corrupt church or corrupt individuals with actual Christianity.

you are no different than your complaint.

They killed everyone, raped all the women, tortured everyone, trafficked the children. To this day, the priests molest the children, and nobody belonging to the religion really cares or notices. They're allowed to do this. They get a little spank recently. But only recently. Does anyone realize what they have done in the past?

And this is what Christian religion is? I'd be embarrassed to believe in that...

If you don't know the answer to that, then you are even more lacking in understanding than I previously thought.

I'm not trolling. I just can't see a decent reason to commit those sins. I only want to know why you would do that, and still follow and promote the religion. it makes no sense to me...

Your religions have committed unbelievable sins. The worst torture and evil you can imagine... But those evils, made your religion become what it is today. And you were borne into those religions due to the evil they did, and forced to follow by birthright.

How can you deal with those truths in your religion? Or do you just ignore them?

I gave your post a funny because I was thinking, "You've got to be kidding me." I honestly didn't think anyone could be that ignorant, to not understand the difference between mere RELIGION (empty or false) and genuine Christianity, truly following Jesus. That's why I thought (and still think) you were just trolling. I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt, but according to your own replies, I shouldn't have given you that much credit.

I didn't read all your posts, but based on a quick glance, it looks like most of the stuff you brought up was actions of the Catholic Church. First of all, I'm not Catholic. It is not my "religion." Second of all, I don't want to offend our Catholics here, but I believe that the Catholic church is corrupt, and has been corrupt for a very long time. Many of their teachings are in direct contradiction to the scriptures. Overall they are a mixture of Paganism and Christianity.

OBVIOUSLY things like pedophilia are as evil as it gets, and the complete opposite of what Christianity teaches. Let's look at what Jesus said about those who mislead or hurt children:

"It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble."
Does that sound like Christianity teaches pedophilia? I mean, come on, I figured everyone, even the most hard-hearted and blind atheists understood that.
What about the Crusades or how we deal with people of other religions or unbelievers?

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.'

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world."
I could go on, but let me ask you this. Do you have a disagreement with the concept of loving your enemies? What about the teaching of shaking the dust off your feet and leaving town if someone doesn't want to hear the message? Do you have a disagreement with not harming children, with caring for orphans and widows?

If you're going to judge a particular faith (whether it's Christianity or any other faith), judge it by the actual teachings, and the words of the LEADER (in this case Jesus), not by corrupt men who claim to be Christian, or by corrupt churches who call themselves Christian, as I said before, ANYONE can claim to be a Christian.

If you don't like the teachings of Jesus, you're entitled to your opinion. What is NOT cool is to be dishonest, by conflating the actions of a corrupt church or corrupt individuals with actual Christianity. Btw, I can guess what your reply is going to be, I remember you from the DA days. I know your whole take on all this. I'm not interested in debating this with you, at least not right now. But if you continue to post silly posts, feigning ignorance, I will continue to respond with "funnies". Thanks for reading.

that is correct

what was said in the 1st century was a reaffirmation of the religion of antiquity - there was no such notion jesus was god or a messiah till the religion of christianity made it up - show any contradiction to the fact provided as an original document by any of the characters involved, namely jesus. your religion was not their role in the events that occurred during those times.

What is NOT cool is to be dishonest, by conflating the actions of a corrupt church or corrupt individuals with actual Christianity.

you are no different than your complaint.
Except of course that the first Christians believed he was.

I doubt Jesus was alive, when they wrote the NT 400 years later.

I love Jesus! I follow his ideals. I don't follow his made-up religion.
He doesn’t follow yours. So he’s cool with that.
Nobody follows yours either.
I’m cool with that too but it’s not mine.
Ya it is yours, nobody else is that messed up.
Whatever you need to believe, bro.
You think you know what was before the Big Bang. And that "no thing" is responsible for everything. :lmao:

He doesn’t follow yours. So he’s cool with that.
You think you know what was before the Big Bang. And that "no thing" is responsible for everything. :lmao:
No thing was before the Big Bang.

You can't know what's before the BB. And you know it. You can only speculate.

You can't know what's before the BB. And you know it. You can only speculate.
No. You can’t know. You can’t see that far back.

I honestly didn't think anyone could be that ignorant, to not understand the difference between mere RELIGION (empty or false) and genuine Christianity, truly following Jesus

That's all I needed sweetie. Thank you!

What do you think about the evils that were committed to give you your Christian religion?

You didn't get there by luck. You got there by obscenities beyond description.

And now you're all happy with it...

Last edited:

I gave your post a funny because I was thinking, "You've got to be kidding me." I honestly didn't think anyone could be that ignorant, to not understand the difference between mere RELIGION (empty or false) and genuine Christianity, truly following Jesus. That's why I thought (and still think) you were just trolling. I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt, but based on your own replies, I shouldn't have given you that much credit.

You two used to go at it on DA. Remember those days? Heh heh.

Anyway. My thought on it s that you can't really define a faith by the workings of a minimal few who poison it. Though, it seems those who do poison it have all of the power. That's something else.
LOL, I don't remember her from DA, unless under a different name. :)

So I guess we'll still go at it then... :)

Would you like to abolish religion, Ivan?
Now I'm Ivan? Dang. You have new names for me every week...

I want to abolish religions that have an apocalypse involved. Feeling that they have to kill or overcome anyone that doesn't believe. These are religions that are based on murder and imaginary afterlife. To get soldiers to die for the wealth and power for the ruler. They're not real. And humans suffer so much because of them...

And will continue to do so, until you all wake the fuck up... :)

Why can't we all live in peace?

What is stopping everyone from saying, "let's live in peace?"

You can have faith, and understand the realities and impossibilities of the universe.

It boggles my mind too. But i will not turn my hand against my fellow man, based on a disagreement of the universe. I will just love to discuss it.

That's faith. That's all we need.

People that kill based on religion, are the worst people in the world.

And people who follow those killers, are just as bad.

So if you want to be pure, you have to let go of your hatred.

Last edited:

I honestly didn't think anyone could be that ignorant, to not understand the difference between mere RELIGION (empty or false) and genuine Christianity, truly following Jesus

That's all I needed sweetie. Thank you!

What do you think about the evils that were committed to give you your Christian religion?

You didn't get there by luck. You got there by obscenities beyond description.

And now you're all happy with it...
You mean beating back Muslim and Cathar aggressors? Thank God.

Forum List

Back