Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
Women are FREE to choose their own paths in life. Unfortunately for you, you cannot "control" us or our bodies.
i don't want to, baby. Your freedom ends where the freedom of another man starts. No matter if this man is your kid.

according to traditional religions - yes, abortion is a murder. No matter what women think about it.

Not to the woman who doesn't hold the same religious belief, so secular law is the rule of law in this country.
of course, the anti-religious law is the rule in this country. Let's see, who will be right: this country or God. Needless even to wait, just watch into the other's history.

The Constitution is this nation's law.

" Let's see, who will be right: this country or God"

Who's God? YOUR God? MY God? This isn't a theocracy. If you want it to be, then there is no difference between you &extremist fundies in the Middle East.

Only if you believe in a god and a faith that teaches abortion is wrong for the members of that particular church.

Does not apply to everyone else.
not to that particular church, but for all people of all churches. Scientists don't claim that their laws applicable only for themselves.
Unless it is your sin, you have no say in the life of others and there "choices" or "sins". That is their "freedom" to control their "life".
I may do what i want, that is my freedom. If murderer is murderer i say it.
You don't get to control or risk her life to produce a child she does not want. She is not a slave.
For women, if they already have children, it is healthier to kill existing one, than to kill which is inside her. I take care of her life here.
A fetus is not a child or person till after birth
wrong. Many children being killed were trying to avoid instruments.
Some don't even believe in god, that is their right.
Some people don't even believe that killing mature people is bad, but that is not their right.
Freedom of religion also means freedom to every other religion that disagrees with you, or freedom of no religion or god at all.
ok, but the goverment acts in accordance to one of the ideologies despite this freedom. So, if government acts in an anti-christian way, it will fail for sure.
Stay out of a woman's medical choices, be it in a clinic or at her home.
Will stay if they avoid killing other people. If child can't defend himself from his mom, goverment or society should.

It's not a child. It is a fertilized egg or an embryo without consciousness. AND you don't have the right to force people to become parents against their will. If a couple discusses their "pregnancy" and decide to abort it because they aren't ready to be parents, that is none of your business, and your religious beliefs don't count for anything in their lives. YOU are irrelevant, and so are your feelings. Get it?
Not.
It is a child and according my beliefs the world is functioning. If someone doubts, he fails, his life fails and the country, in which people murder their own children, fails.
And now get a life. Got it?

According to your beliefs LOL. Thankfully the Constitution says that *your* beliefs do not dictate anothers'.

Women have been aborting unwanted pregnancies since time immemorial. Move along and worry about your own faults.
as i said, first country legalized abortion was USSR. USA did it 1973.

Not even close to being that simple. You need to educate yourself.

Doesn't really matter though cuz its no one's business but the woman's. Period.

You're free to hold any beliefs you wish but you're not free to force your beliefs on others.

MYOB

according to traditional religions - yes, abortion is a murder. No matter what women think about it.

Not to the woman who doesn't hold the same religious belief, so secular law is the rule of law in this country.
of course, the anti-religious law is the rule in this country. Let's see, who will be right: this country or God. Needless even to wait, just watch into the other's history.

Who's God? YOUR God? MY God? This isn't a theocracy. If you want it to be, then there is no difference between you &extremist fundies in the Middle East.
it would be different, cuz i am not a muslim

You're free to hold any beliefs you wish but you're not free to force your beliefs on others.
that is the point. Why one ideology has this right, and other doesn't? Government forces others to obey its ideology. And who chooses the ideology of government?

How exactly? Give me specifics.

that is the point. Why one ideology has this right, and other doesn't? Government forces others to obey its ideology. And who chooses the ideology of government?

The founding fathers who fought & WON to become an independent nation from Great Britain. They authored the Constitution & specifically had the Establishment Clause written to ensure that there would never be a state sanctioned religion.

Tsk Tsk. That's something you'll just have to accept.

Sorry, US is not a theocracy. Too many faiths and beliefs.

You want anarchy, go buy an island.

The founding fathers who fought & WON to become an independent nation from Great Britain. They authored the Constitution & specifically had the Establishment Clause written to ensure that there would never be a state sanctioned religion.

oh yes. If atheism claims that it is not the religion, then it could be necessary to obey? Or if marxism claims this, it could be necessary? Government has its ideology which is in the same row as religions are.

US has its state ideology which is the same as religion.

How exactly? Give me specifics.
Watch on medieval countries in western or eastern europe. Also China had its state ideology of Confucianism, which was as a religion in other countries.

oh yes. If atheism claims that it is not the religion, then it could be necessary to obey? Or if marxism claims this, it could be necessary? Government has its ideology which is in the same row as religions are.

Um, no.

HJASeNh.jpg

US has its state ideology which is the same as religion.

It has it's constitution and declaration, which assure life, liberty and freedom, even for women.

You don't get to control a woman's body or her reproductive organs.

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb".[1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unborn_Victims_of_Violence_Act#cite_note-1

The law is codified in two sections of the United States Code: Title 18, Chapter 1 (Crimes), §1841 (18 USC 1841) and Title 10, Chapter 22 (Uniform Code of Military Justice) §919a (Article 119a).

The law applies only to certain offenses over which the United States government has jurisdiction, including certain crimes committed on federal properties, against certain federal officials and employees, and by members of the military. In addition, it covers certain crimes that are defined by statute as federal offenses wherever they occur, no matter who commits them, such as certain crimes of terrorism.

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb".[1]

The law is codified in two sections of the United States Code: Title 18, Chapter 1 (Crimes), §1841 (18 USC 1841) and Title 10, Chapter 22 (Uniform Code of Military Justice) §919a (Article 119a).

The law applies only to certain offenses over which the United States government has jurisdiction, including certain crimes committed on federal properties, against certain federal officials and employees, and by members of the military. In addition, it covers certain crimes that are defined by statute as federal offenses wherever they occur, no matter who commits them, such as certain crimes of terrorism.
oh, even the us law is on the christian's side. Yet.

Forum List

Back