Evangelicals, Read White Evangelicals, Are Starting to Change Their Tune on Trump

How do you think the Christians who belong to St John's church feel about Trump visiting them on the steps of their church swaying an upside down bible, for a campaign statement and photo op? of course, after clearing the park of peaceful protesters using military, park police and smoke canisters and pepper gas and rubber bullets.... Is that anything to be proud of Trump for....? At least Obama and Clinton know Christ...visited during service.

Trump on the other hand seems to think He is the Christ.... the savior of you all.... he's the ONLY ONE that can save you.... from everything! :rolleyes-41: :rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

I think the parishioners of St. John’s should be more upset about rioters hitting their Church and trying to ignite it. Why??

Trump was making a statement to rioters and looters to stand down. A photo opp, yes, but also a statement.

I’ve always been interested in the Black Evangelicals that let the likes of John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, etc. come into their churches a week before Election Day and only look and speak at the congregation as “votes” and then forget about them until 4 years later. Fools.

They are not Christians if they support democrats

How do you think the Christians who belong to St John's church feel about Trump visiting them on the steps of their church swaying an upside down bible, for a campaign statement and photo op? of course, after clearing the park of peaceful protesters using military, park police and smoke canisters and pepper gas and rubber bullets.... Is that anything to be proud of Trump for....? At least Obama and Clinton know Christ...visited during service.

Trump on the other hand seems to think He is the Christ.... the savior of you all.... he's the ONLY ONE that can save you.... from everything! :rolleyes-41: :rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

They don't folly the Bible. That is a episcope church which allows and support gay marriage . That goes against the word of God

I cannot believe the vulgarities that some on this forum use. Anyway, I attend a Bible church that is very Fundamentalist and Evangelical. I've also attended three other Fundamentalist Community churches, there was never any mention of candidates and their platforms. Church is for the worship of GOD and presenting the Gospel message and not a place for politics.

They aren't supposed to support any candidate or they can lose their non-profit status. I went to a church where the pastor knew the law and to the very edge without going over

And many other things, however I believe it's too late.

They've already tarnished the name of Christians and Christianity beyond recognition.

Here's some evidence...

I'll be posting similar evidence in this thread going forward.

Interested in the thoughts of actual Christians on USMB, I know there's an extremely small amount of us on here.

You're not a Christian
You believe in Black Liberation Theology

‘“Here’s the problem for Trump: He needs to be at 81 percent or north to win reelection. Any slippage and he doesn’t get a second term, and that’s where Joe Biden comes into play,” said David Brody, chief political analyst at the Christian Broadcasting Network. “In this environment, with everything from the coronavirus to George Floyd and Trump calling himself the ‘law-and-order president,’ Biden could potentially pick off a percent or 2 from that 81 percent number.”’

Biden picking up one or two percent of the evangelical vote is not impossible.

I cannot believe the vulgarities that some on this forum use. Anyway, I attend a Bible church that is very Fundamentalist and Evangelical. I've also attended three other Fundamentalist Community churches, there was never any mention of candidates and their platforms. Church is for the worship of GOD and presenting the Gospel message and not a place for politics.
Evangelicals are among the most aggressive and hyper-partisan of the Christian right.

I think the parishioners of St. John’s should be more upset about rioters hitting their Church and trying to ignite it. Why??

Trump was making a statement to rioters and looters to stand down. A photo opp, yes, but also a statement.

They have forgiven those, but tramp can't be forgiven as he mocked Christianity.

They have forgiven those, but tramp can't be forgiven as he mocked Christianity.

If you can’t forgive a man for holding up a Bible in front of a Church that was attacked then how Christian are you? Further, what is there to forgive? The Trump haters view the event as mockery but they are not the determinant or final assessor.

Don't get complacent with voting for Biden, as evangelicals will vote for whoever says no to abortion and hires conservative judges, no matter how amoral that person is.

If you can’t forgive a man for holding up a Bible in front of a Church that was attacked then how Christian are you? Further, what is there to forgive? The Trump haters view the event as mockery but they are not the determinant or final assessor.

Admit it, it was just a photo op.

Admit it, it was just a photo op.

You are goddamn right it was a photo opp.... a necessary photo opp to symbolize resilience over the evil that is Burning, Looting, and Murdering in throughout our cities under the guise of anti-fascism.

The religious Right.....What a conservative conundrum....

Quotation-Barry-Goldwater-Religious-factions-will-go-on-imposing-their-will-on-others-66-50-18.jpg

I’m a liberal Christian and know that the churches I attend do not approve of Trump - non denominational. However they stay pretty non political. Lots of anti abortion nuts pervert the Bible but give good tithes. ;)

Forum List

Back