Even Jesus Is A Zionist

Status
Not open for further replies.
The third temple is spoken of in the OT book of Daniel. His vision of the end times correlates to John's vision in Revelation. Daniel says the anti-Christ will put an end to sacrifice. In order to put an end to sacrifice there must be a Temple. There is only one place on earth the Jews can sacrifice and that is the Temple. He also says the anti-Christ will set up an abomination on a wing of the Temple. It will be rebuilt.

You might study Daniel separately..

The antichrist did put an end to sacrifice and the Temple in 70 AD.

The Abomination was raised by Antiochus.

Revelation 21: 22 says there is NO Temple because Jesus is the Temple.

I beg to differ. Daniels vision and John's vision both concern the end times. As for the temple, you may want to read verse 10 which refers to the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God. Of course at that time there will be no need for a temple because Jesus is the temple.

The New Jerusalem is spiritual..

Most of what John of Patmos wrote in his letter to the 7 churches happened within a generation.

I reject Scofields and Zionists twisted fantasies about a third temple and accept the eyewitness account of Flavious Josephus who describes how Daniels prophecy came true before his eyes in 67-70 AD.

There is no Biblical basis for rebuilding the Temple.

I'm Episcopalian... Muslims believe that all who submit to the will of God are Muslims.

Muslims don't believe that blood ameliorates sin.. They don't believe in blood sacrifice since the time of Abraham and the attempted sacrifice of Isaac (or Ishmael)

Its offensive to Muslims that the purest of the prophets .. born of a virgin should have such a cruel death.

There is NO third Temple in the NT.

The third temple is spoken of in the OT book of Daniel. His vision of the end times correlates to John's vision in Revelation. Daniel says the anti-Christ will put an end to sacrifice. In order to put an end to sacrifice there must be a Temple. There is only one place on earth the Jews can sacrifice and that is the Temple. He also says the anti-Christ will set up an abomination on a wing of the Temple. It will be rebuilt.

Of course Satanic Sherri will reject scripture that shows that Jews are in control of the land. Legitimate biblical scholars agree, and Scofield is a highly regarded scholar, that Daniels vision and Johns vision refer to the end times. And many OT prophecies are a foreshadowing of end time prophecies.

I reject Scofields and Zionists twisted fantasies about a third temple and accept the eyewitness account of Flavious Josephus who describes how Daniels prophecy came true before his eyes in 67-70 AD.

Of course Satanic Sherri will reject scripture that shows that Jews are in control of the land. Legitimate biblical scholars agree, and Scofield is a highly regarded scholar, that Daniels vision and Johns vision refer to the end times. And many OT prophecies are a foreshadowing of end time prophecies.

Cyrus Scofield was a disbarred lawyer and a convicted felon.. He was paid to write the Scofield Bible by Samuel Untermyer .. It was apostasy.

We know quite a lot about how the Book of Daniel came to be written. It was written about 164 B.C., probably by several authors. And its background was what was known as the Antiochan persecution of the Jews.

After Alexander the Great conquered that whole area of the Near East, he left behind him a number of successor kingdoms, one of which was based in Syria. It was known as the Seleucid dynasty, and one of the monarchs, a particularly nasty one, was called Antiochus Epiphanes IV. And he did exercise a very real tyranny over the Jews.

On the whole, these ancient Near Eastern empires didn't persecute people for their religion. They could be nasty to conquered peoples as conquered peoples, but they left their religion largely undisturbed. But not so this man, who desecrated the Temple and forbade all Jewish religious practices. The answer to this was that those Jews who wouldn't compromise in any way started a war, known as the Maccabean Revolt, and in the end won. And they defeated Antiochus, and reconsecrated the Temple, and it was during this war that the Book of Daniel was composed.

It wasn't, however, composed by the Maccabeans. Any idea that is was a kind of recruiting manifesto is now discredited. It wasn't that. It was simply a prophetic writing. Saying that we're going to defeat Antiochus and beyond that lies a world in which the Jews will be recognized as God's chosen people, and will really dominate in their turn.

Apocalypticism Explained | Apocalypse! FRONTLINE | PBS

Cyrus Scofield was a disbarred lawyer and a convicted felon.. He was paid to write the Scofield Bible by Samuel Untermyer .. It was apostasy.

You have a problem with KJV or just Scofield's comments and references?

You might study Daniel separately..

The antichrist did put an end to sacrifice and the Temple in 70 AD.

The Abomination was raised by Antiochus.

Revelation 21: 22 says there is NO Temple because Jesus is the Temple.

I beg to differ. Daniels vision and John's vision both concern the end times. As for the temple, you may want to read verse 10 which refers to the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God. Of course at that time there will be no need for a temple because Jesus is the temple.

Most of what John of Patmos wrote in his letter to the 7 churches happened within a generation.

Please provide chapter and verse where the New Jerusalem is spiritual because Revelation 21:16 gives physical dimensions. A spiritual city would not have dimensions.

I read the KJV without Scofield references.

I also don't care for fundamentalism or futuristic projections about Revelation.

I think that Revelation is very hard to understand for us because we don't understand the history of what was happening in the first century AD or the symbolism that the 7 churches clearly understood.

Hal Lindsey and the Left Behind authors have done a lot of damage.

Please provide chapter and verse where the New Jerusalem is spiritual because Revelation 21:16 gives physical dimensions. A spiritual city would not have dimensions.

Read Revelation 21:15-16- and 17..

Jesus references the Kingdom of God.. a new age .. a beginning not the end of the world.

Satanic Sherri claims Israel is only "spiritual" and not physical. Now this one claims the Jerusalem in Ezekiel and Revelation (which gives physical dimensions) is only spiritual. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

He resigned as judge

Jesus references the Kingdom of God.. a new age .. a beginning not the end of the world.

Please provide chapter and verse that says the New Jerusalem is spiritual or explain how a city with physical dimensions can be spiritual.

Satanic Sherri claims Israel is only "spiritual" and not physical. Now this one claims the Jerusalem in Ezekiel and Revelation (which gives physical dimensions) is only spiritual. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Go back to the story of the good figs and the bad figs.. The good figs were carried off to Babylon.. the bad figs were left behind.

Then read the Sermon on the Mount in its historical context of the Roman occupation and the Roman laws both Jews and Gentiles were subject to.

Go back to the story of the good figs and the bad figs.. The good figs were carried off to Babylon.. the bad figs were left behind.

Then read the Sermon on the Mount in its historical context of the Roman occupation and the Roman laws both Jews and Gentiles were subject to.

Please provide chapter and verse where the New Jerusalem is spiritual. I must have missed it.

Please provide chapter and verse where the New Jerusalem is spiritual. I must have missed it.

second posting:

My religious training since childhood has been very traditional.. I think its a mistake to real it literally.. I think one misses the message.

Jewish concepts of eschatology first appear in the book of Daniel which passed on into Christianity.

We know quite a lot about how the Book of Daniel came to be written. It was written about 164 B.C., probably by several authors. And its background was what was known as the Antiochan persecution of the Jews.

After Alexander the Great conquered that whole area of the Near East, he left behind him a number of successor kingdoms, one of which was based in Syria. It was known as the Seleucid dynasty, and one of the monarchs, a particularly nasty one, was called Antiochus Epiphanes IV. And he did exercise a very real tyranny over the Jews.

On the whole, these ancient Near Eastern empires didn't persecute people for their religion. They could be nasty to conquered peoples as conquered peoples, but they left their religion largely undisturbed. But not so this man, who desecrated the Temple and forbade all Jewish religious practices. The answer to this was that those Jews who wouldn't compromise in any way started a war, known as the Maccabean Revolt, and in the end won. And they defeated Antiochus, and reconsecrated the Temple, and it was during this war that the Book of Daniel was composed.

It wasn't, however, composed by the Maccabeans. Any idea that is was a kind of recruiting manifesto is now discredited. It wasn't that. It was simply a prophetic writing. Saying that we're going to defeat Antiochus and beyond that lies a world in which the Jews will be recognized as God's chosen people, and will really dominate in their turn.

Jewish concepts of eschatology first appear in the book of Daniel which passed on into Christianity.

Daniel is not about the future of the seven churches.. NO prophet ever wrote thousands of years into the future.

They were commentators not fortunetellers.

Jewish eschatology seems very different from Revelation to me.

For instance .. God and Magog invaded Syria-Palestine many years before the birth of Christ... and they did come swiftly like locusts on horseback.

second posting:

My religious training since childhood has been very traditional.. I think its a mistake to real it literally.. I think one misses the message.

I realize there are metaphors and parables that can not be taken literally. However, the OT and the NT give physical dimensions of the New Jerusalem. Once again. a spiritual city would not have physical dimensions. Something of this magnitude would be spoken of plainly and not left to our interpretation.

second posting:

I realize there are metaphors and parables that can not be taken literally. However, the OT and the NT give physical dimensions of the New Jerusalem. Once again. a spiritual city would not have physical dimensions. Something of this magnitude would be spoken of plainly and not left to our interpretation.

So we know the New Jerusalem will be huge and beautiful.

Well, that's why I study history alongside the scriptures.

Jerusalem was not grand.. it was arid and rocky and poor.

Galilee however was prosperous

second posting:

Yes. Glad you finally agree. According to Revelation it will be 1500 miles by 1500 miles and 1500 miles high. And we will live there forever.

Yes. Glad you finally agree. According to Revelation it will be 1500 miles by 1500 miles and 1500 miles high. And we will live there forever.

Did you read on down?

Is apocalyptic writing always a response with concrete [circumstances], or is it more mystical?

Really, all apocalyptic literature is much more a response to a concrete set of circumstances, often political circumstances that drive this sense that we have to look for a mode of deliverance from God.

And Daniel was, as a book, really responding to the political crisis of Antiochus Epiphanes and the political forces of war that are all about. ... For the people of this period there's really no difference between religion and politics. We can't simply look at this work as if its symbolism of good and truth and beauty are divorced from the political reality that's all around them. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back