EVs are not selling well. Dealers are upset

I'll charge the EV before the trip.
I take it you do not own an EV? Look at your electric bill now. Imagine it is much higher later.

What will Democrats do about the multitudes of citizens who can't hook up to a home EV charger? And when you suffer brown outs, do you plan to stay silent?

The average cost of an EV is $62K, and with moving parts, maintenance is still required : average annual maintenance is roughly $900 (compared to $1200 for fossil fuel). EVs are more expensive to repair (e.g. collision) .. 50% more, more expensive to insure and will set you back $13K even after a 6 year period. Source

Then .. throw on top a bad economy and / or higher taxes, and that 4.5% will plunge. :)
Also factor in fuel taxes not then paid and watch them tax your electric current a lot more to make up for this.

Yes I can imagine him asking "Why can't we do that?" or "What would happen if we do that?" and he would listen very carefully to the answer. That is very different from suggesting it or proposing it but honestly stating what you say, I say, Trump says, or anybody on the right says is not a strong suit of most of the Left.
The media lied daily about Trump including Axios. They heard questions but tried to pin on him that they were statements. Trump was very careful in his statements.

The normal way to learn about someone is asking questions. Accusing them of believing absurd things generally doesn't work too well.
That is my complaint about you. Thanks.

It turns out Dealers got far too many EVS to sell and buyers are holding back. While the ICE cars are in high demand. Seems the people believing in EVs have bought all that are available to those folks. Meanwhile Tesla keeps dropping prices praying it works.

Americans bought more electric vehicles in the second quarter than in all of 2019. Roughly 295,000 EVs were sold between April and June 2023 — a new record. Not only is that more than 48% higher than last year, it's more EVs than were sold in all of 2019.Aug 20, 2023

Electric cars are breaking sales records, but here's why they're ...​

With an EV you are saving likely at least $100 per month on fuel, plus you have no oil changes. Put that money aside each month into a 4.50% savings account.
Actually, It's more than that.

I was having an interesting and in-depth conversation about EVs w/an engineer recently and he said something quite striking.

He said that right now we're thinking of cars in terms of a couple 100 thousand miles lifespan, but w/EVs wel'll be thinking about cars in terms of a few million miles lifespan." Said that we're essentially already there and it has to do w/them having fewer parts.

Better how?
For one important issue, filling the tank is like now filling a gasoline tank. Hydrogen is very plentiful and this translates to creating a good infrastructure fast. And normal gas stations can install the needed tanks. Batteries to be charged fast need special chargers and not sure if the typical home can afford this as well.

For one important issue, filling the tank is like now filling a gasoline tank. Hydrogen is very plentiful and this translates to creating a good infrastructure fast. And normal gas stations can install the needed tanks. Batteries to be charged fast need special chargers and not sure if the typical home can afford this as well.

Hydrogen is plentiful in space, where are you getting it here?

I have pointed out many times that a major problem with the current EV is the enormous battery weight. And of course the problem in getting rare earth materials to keep making the batteries. I have suggested the hydrogen powered EV which is safer and that Hydrogen is easy to get. You can even get it from water.
Hydrogen transfers energy. You have to use electricity to get it, so how does that work for you?

Can't wait for Newsom's Electric Vehicle mandate, which begins phasing out fossil fuel vehicle sales in 2026, to fully mature in 2035. California dealers will no longer be able to sell new fossil fuel vehicles after this point.

The fully loaded, Ford 150 Lightning is 100K+ and probably more in California.
There will no way to charge them anyway.

Hydrogen is plentiful in space, where are you getting it here?
People also ask

Where does the hydrogen to fuel cars come from?

Hydrogen can be produced from a variety of domestic resources, such as natural gas, nuclear power, biomass, and renewable power like solar and wind. These qualities make it an attractive fuel option for transportation and electricity generation applications.

Hydrogen Fuel Basics | Department of Energy​

1697589525734.png
energy.gov

Forum List

Back