Extreme rightwinger calls out trump’s BS

Uh oh, looks like ol' Ben is persona non grata now.

Agree with Trump, or there's something wrong with you!

Ben Shapiro is a committed ideological conservative.

President Trump is a nationalist and populist pragmatic.

They have a difference of opinion, as do many other people in the republican/conservative tent.

It would be surprising if Shapiro did NOT disagree with Trump on Trade and there was NOT some internal disagreement on the Right about such issues.

This is completely normal and healthy.

Ben Shapiro? Extreme conservative?

Man's as fake as it gets. What does he think about the proposition "open borders for Israel"?
Yeah right, have you ever heard Shapiro speak or do you just say that anybody opposing Trump is fake?! BTW, tariffs are not conservative policy. They fall under the government control/taxation arena which is progressive
We can’t hear him speak the left wing zealots prone to violence try to beat him up!
He speaks every day. Radio, cable news, podcast and school speeches. One stupid incident doesn’t tell the story

It was a lot more than one stupid incident.

You lefties have really moved away from Free Speech. Like a 180.

I love that Shapiro is suddenly a moron and fake for daring to criticize President Trump.

Nah; he's OK. He said that the Economy was fantastic in other areas, and that Obama was basically a cretin on anything Economic. I think Ben is a bit concerned that the tariffs will backfire. But if the trariffs are put back into the economy via "stabilization" grants of a sort to affected producers and manufacturers........double bonus. Their products are more competitive PLUS they're assisted during the war.

But is it a done deal? No way; much could still not work out, but the status quo of the US having its guts ripped out isn't a good strategy either.

Greg

Uh oh, looks like ol' Ben is persona non grata now.

Agree with Trump, or there's something wrong with you!

Ben Shapiro is a committed ideological conservative.

President Trump is a nationalist and populist pragmatic.

They have a difference of opinion, as do many other people in the republican/conservative tent.

It would be surprising if Shapiro did NOT disagree with Trump on Trade and there was NOT some internal disagreement on the Right about such issues.

This is completely normal and healthy.

I had the good fortune to set up some conservative political branches in the 80s; my job was to wash the blood off the walls after debates...sorta. lol. They were BRUTAL as they should be but once a path was decided that was it. That's why I'm a bit pissed at some Repubs NOT accepting the path the PARTY chose. Sorta brattish.

Greg

I love that Shapiro is suddenly a moron and fake for daring to criticize President Trump.

Nah; he's OK. He said that the Economy was fantastic in other areas, and that Obama was basically a cretin on anything Economic. I think Ben is a bit concerned that the tariffs will backfire. But if the trariffs are put back into the economy via "stabilization" grants of a sort to affected producers and manufacturers........double bonus. Their products are more competitive PLUS they're assisted during the war.

But is it a done deal? No way; much could still not work out, but the status quo of the US having its guts ripped out isn't a good strategy either.

Greg

This thread is full of reasonable responses from conservatives reasonably disagreeing, and the libs are ignoring those to focus on the few emotional outbursts.

Even this "conservative intellectual" can’t let Trumpy’s lies go unanswered.

View attachment 208707

BOOM!!!

Why didn’t Shapiro call Trump a homophobic transphobic Islamaphobic homophobic misogynist when discussing foreign trade?

It’s amazing that it’s possible to discuss policy without being a hysterical cvnt.

BOOM!!!

Shapiro disagrees with the tariffs and doesn’t like that Trump passed a Democrat type budget.

He did raise the debt. Maybe Trump should shut the government down until Congress agrees to pass a balanced budget. I’m sure lefties would love that, wouldn’t you guys?

Greg

This thread is full of reasonable responses from conservatives reasonably disagreeing, and the libs are ignoring those to focus on the few emotional outbursts.

I made my post before reading yours.

This thread shows the basic difference between many conservatives and liberals.

Newsflash, liberals....Conservatives don’t necessarily agree on every single point of every policy left they be ostracized.

You guys should try it.

Ben Shapiro is obviously a genius.
Compared to most Republicans, sure. Compared to most Americans, not so much.

Ben Shapiro - Wikipedia

"Shapiro was born in Los Angeles, California. His family is Jewish, having emigrated from Russia and Lithuania. Skipping two grades (third and ninth), Shapiro went from Walter Reed Middle School to Yeshiva University High School of Los Angeles where he graduated in 2000 at age 16.[6][3] He graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2004, at age 20, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and then cum laude from Harvard Law School in 2007."

You are a moron. Ben Shapiro is literally a genius.

Newsflash, liberals....Conservatives don’t necessarily agree on every single point of every policy left they be ostracized.

You guys should try it.

You can see by their reactions that what you describe is literally inconceivable to them.

Their minds are utterly closed. Any disagreement is heresy, and you are to be destroyed.

You guys should try it.

You can see by their reactions that what you describe is literally inconceivable to them.

Their minds are utterly closed. Any disagreement is heresy, and you are to be destroyed.

Liberals must all fall in line and agree on everything, or you are a homophobic transphobic islamaphobic misogynist!!

No individual thought. Statism!!! Government is their GOD!!

Shapiro has some definite blind spots and he's gotten a big head. But i haven't been able to find a better political commentator who's not gone just rather first into the tank for a given ideology or party. He's conservative but he has plenty of libertarian leanings and he's more than willing to talk about complicated and controversial stuff with people who disagree with him, like Sam Harris, Bret Weinstein and so on.

My biggest problem with him is how he reinforces the two-party dichotomy with the tone of his stuff. He doesn't ever leave the door open to voting for someone else other than the false "us vs. them" choice. So he'll be quite critical of republicans (while still railing against democrats) but won't imply that the door should be open to a libertarian vote because democrats are dangerous and republicans are stupid (for example) even though he's basically saying it outright.

So I assume that the only way to pay down the debt is by magic then.
Cutting wasteful defense spending and taxing corporations and the wealthy at responsible levels, like in the good old days of the 1950s that conservatives yearn for.
dude, it's called entitlements thanks for playing. none of this does jack shit to bring down spending. what is it you really want, spending cuts or not? let's go, cut medicare and cut SS. let's go, let's solve this issue. oh wait, you won't, you'd rather we owe and cut military spending for open borders and self destruction.

View attachment 208707

BOOM!!!

Ben is wrong on tariffs. they are not directly related to budget deficits but they are indirectly related on the tax revenue side, especially since the U.S has much lower tariffs and means of obtaining import revenue. The lost revenue has to be borrowed to pay for your nations entitlements and really an increased dependence on government.

There are different schools of thought on the subject of course and varying degrees of belief, some believe they are not at all related, I'm not of this school of thought. I tend to agree with Trump and his team on most of these economic issues. There is one massive issue Ben doesn't address here, not surprising as he is smart but probably never struggled in his lifetime financially; Trump is focused on jobs.

Without question, more jobs means higher tax revenue and far less expenditures for the state. It also have a vital capitalist function of purchasing power of consumers to drive the market place.
More wingnut nonsense. If Trumpy and Republicans wanted to create more jobs and broaden the tax base we would have had an infrastructure bill passed over a year ago.

Government jobs are not sustainable, you want private sector jobs.

If Ben Shapiro, you or anyone else thinks trade deficits don't mean anything, go tell China, Germany and other economies to help out their economies and citizens by absorbing $800B a year in trade deficits as America does.
the china market is collapsing because of what trump did with tariffs. China will be coming to the table shortly. genius.

View attachment 208707

BOOM!!!

Ben is wrong on tariffs. they are not directly related to budget deficits but they are indirectly related on the tax revenue side, especially since the U.S has much lower tariffs and means of obtaining import revenue. The lost revenue has to be borrowed to pay for your nations entitlements and really an increased dependence on government.

There are different schools of thought on the subject of course and varying degrees of belief, some believe they are not at all related, I'm not of this school of thought. I tend to agree with Trump and his team on most of these economic issues. There is one massive issue Ben doesn't address here, not surprising as he is smart but probably never struggled in his lifetime financially; Trump is focused on jobs.

Without question, more jobs means higher tax revenue and far less expenditures for the state. It also have a vital capitalist function of purchasing power of consumers to drive the market place.
More wingnut nonsense. If Trumpy and Republicans wanted to create more jobs and broaden the tax base we would have had an infrastructure bill passed over a year ago.

Government jobs are not sustainable, you want private sector jobs.

If Ben Shapiro, you or anyone else thinks trade deficits don't mean anything, go tell China, Germany and other economies to help out there economies and absorb $800B a year in trade deficits as America does.
There are enough jobs to be had upgrading roads, rail, building new airports (which Trumpy promised - another lie), and expanding solar to last at least 10 years.

What other crap do you want to spew?
all government money, so you're doubling down on killing the economic increases. just another stupid fk from the left.

Man's as fake as it gets. What does he think about the proposition "open borders for Israel"?
Yeah right, have you ever heard Shapiro speak or do you just say that anybody opposing Trump is fake?! BTW, tariffs are not conservative policy. They fall under the government control/taxation arena which is progressive
We can’t hear him speak the left wing zealots prone to violence try to beat him up!
He speaks every day. Radio, cable news, podcast and school speeches. One stupid incident doesn’t tell the story

I’m all about free speech... and Shapiro speaks all the time. Stop being a drama queen

I’m all about free speech... and Shapiro speaks all the time. Stop being a drama queen

He has also been stopped plenty of times.

Generally with the violent street thugs getting at least tacit cooperation from the local liberal in administration or government, often with security and/or police ordered to stand down.

This is real. Ignoring it empowers it.

Forum List

Back