Facebook is down and nobody even started a thread about it.

Give Amazon and Facebook a Seat at the United Nations

Given the scope of their ambitions and our dependence on them, behemoth brands should be treated, and held to account, for what they really are: commercial superpowers.

Bloomberg

FB_IMG_1633413698777.jpg

FB_IMG_1633413251880.jpg

It does appear that they had to fix some stuff after the whistleblower snitched...and their "fix" caused a catastrophic crash of the system.

Sucks to be them. The public outrage is still on its way.

Fuck Facebook.

The are among the leaders in Big Tech Authoritarianism.

I will throw a party when they the way of MYSPACE

This reminds me a little of what destroyed Myspace. I never understood why Myspace changed their platform into oblivion when they could have just made it a 21 and over network, to solve the specific issues they had.
Which brings us to, why hasn't Myspace resorted back to it's old format utilizing the new technology to monetize the data and targeted advertising? Some lame attempts have been made to mimick the old format by other hosts, however they don't come close nor have the users to make it function. Only Myspace itself can RETURN to it's old form or someone purchasing them for that intent to steal back users from Facepalm er Facebook.
I think if you ban Hillary, Maxine Waters, the other riot instigators and 4 terrorists in the house, and the Bidens from the platform, you will instantly get 80+ million users. *L*

I have no idea why there is so much hostility towards FaceBook and Zuckerberg.

He designed a social media platform that I enjoy. It allowed me to reconnect with hundreds of old friends I have not seen in decades. Sure, I could have searched and probably found emails and whatnot for those friends. But it would have taken me years. Now I see what old high school buddies, friends from college, old girlfriends and crushes are doing and interact with them.

I also see numerous hilarious memes every day. Not a day goes by that I do not laugh out loud at something I see on FB.

I am able to stay connected with loved ones all the time. When my grandchild does something funny or has a milestone, I know about it and see pics of it right away. My kids are scattered all over the South, but we can all chat, share laughs, support anyone with a problem, and see pics of the babies right away.

And none of that cost me a dime!

If Zuckerberg makes billions on his invention, so be it.

Fuck Facebook.

The are among the leaders in Big Tech Authoritarianism.

I will throw a party when they the way of MYSPACE

they will go the way of MySpace when someone comes along and replaces them like FB did to MySpace...and then you will have a new target to hate. How exciting for you.

I have no idea why there is so much hostility towards FaceBook and Zuckerberg.

He designed a social media platform that I enjoy. It allowed me to reconnect with hundreds of old friends I have not seen in decades. Sure, I could have searched and probably found emails and whatnot for those friends. But it would have taken me years. Now I see what old high school buddies, friends from college, old girlfriends and crushes are doing and interact with them.

I also see numerous hilarious memes every day. Not a day goes by that I do not laugh out loud at something I see on FB.

I am able to stay connected with loved ones all the time. When my grandchild does something funny or has a milestone, I know about it and see pics of it right away. My kids are scattered all over the South, but we can all chat, share laughs, support anyone with a problem, and see pics of the babies right away.

And none of that cost me a dime!

If Zuckerberg makes billions on his invention, so be it.
Small price to pay for censorship.

A privately owned platform does not have to allow free speech. No one is having their freedom of speech abridged. There are always places you cannot say whatever you want.
Then you have never been to Facebook jail when they decided that you said something that you definitely did not say or the You have never been to Facebook jail because they you meant something other than what you wrote.

They not only censor but try to force you to say only what they approve of.

A privately owned platform does not have to allow free speech. No one is having their freedom of speech abridged. There are always places you cannot say whatever you want.
FB grossly overstepped those bounds many years ago. Hell, a religion based mission cannot even require the recipients to sit through a sermon before getting a handout, but FB can acquire all the personal info and photos that are posted for their own use and then censor what doesn't fit with their political agenda.

Forum List

Back