Fact check: Reporter on CNN busts open new ad lie. Wife had iinsurance.

Pub dupes, fighting to the death for their freedom to be absolutely screwed by the greedy rich.

Romneycare for all- a proven success, dingbats.

Thanks for the world depression and the total obstruction.

Pub dupes, fighting to the death for their freedom to be absolutely screwed by the greedy rich.

Romneycare for all- a proven success, dingbats.

Thanks for the world depression and the total obstruction.

Frankie!!......just to let you know, your being screwed behind your back by those you are fighting to the death for......that makes you a Dem Dupe.....

Candidates don't have any say about their Superpac's ads and what they say. I'm sure there is misinformation in most of them (Romney & Obama). :mad:

This ad is a blatant lie. There's no gray here whatsoever. And not only has the advertisement been busted, so have Obama's campaign staff for lying about not knowing about the lying advertisement.

Wow. That gave me a brain cramp, but it's true.

Did the woman have health insurance at the time she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer? She died 22 days after being diagnosed.

FactCheck.org : Is Romney to Blame for Cancer Death?

Under Obamacare Mr. Soptic would have been fined for not providing her with health insurance.

He had a pension and his janitorial job making the same amount of money as he had at the mill according to the WP.

You can't spin your way out of this. Mr. Soptic lied. The ad is a lie. And now his campaign staff have been caught out lying about the lies in the lying ad.

Mrs Soptic did not lose her healthcare because her husband lost his job

'When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant, I lost my healthcare. And my family lost their healthcare,' Mr Soptic states in the video.

But that's not true, he admits.

At the time he lost his job, Mr Soptic was earning about $41,000 a year. Mrs Soptic also had a job working at a local thrift store that gave her health insurance, CNN reports.

She kept the job, and the health benefits, until she was forced to quit in 2003 after an injury.

Mrs Soptic died five years after the plant shut down

Here's how the ad plays the timeline: Mr Soptic describes losing his health insurance as a result of the plant closure.

'A short time after that, my wife became ill,' he says.

However, it was not until 2006 -- five years after the plant closed -- that this happened, Mr Soptic has admitted.

'I don’t know how long she was sick, and I think maybe she didn’t say anything because she knew that we couldn’t afford the insurance,' he says in the ad.

Read more: Deception revealed in Obama attack ad that blames Mitt Romney for woman's cancer death | Mail Online

Candidates don't have any say about their Superpac's ads and what they say. I'm sure there is misinformation in most of them (Romney & Obama). :mad:

Yeah, right...

And Stephanie Cutter had no idea who Mr. Soptic was...

How nice it must be to go through life blissfully ignorant...

Whoopsie. Here's the link.

Fact check: Woman in pro-Obama death ad had health insurance

from the article:

CNN's Brianna Keilar and Wolf Blitzer did some fact checking and found that the woman in the ad had insurance after her husband, Joe Soptic, lost his job at GST Steel when it closed in 2001 - two years after Romney left Bain. That fact was left out of the pro-Obama ad.

Keilar said Tuesday that Soptic's wife had insurance until 2002 or 2003 when an injury forced her to leave her job.

In other words, the Obama PAC not only lied in the ad, making it appear that Romney himself was responsible for the woman's death, but it failed to provide all of the facts.

Man what scumbuckets. I have no doubt they knew the truth but wanted to smear Romney anyway.

Fact check: Woman in pro-Obama death ad had health insurance - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Both Obama and Romney have taken swipes at each other, but this one is possibly the lowest. I hope Obama is re elected, but he should be ashamed of himself over this.

Did the woman have health insurance at the time she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer? She died 22 days after being diagnosed.

Under Obamacare Mr. Soptic would have been fined for not providing her with health insurance.

He had a pension and his janitorial job making the same amount of money as he had at the mill according to the WP.

You can't spin your way out of this. Mr. Soptic lied. The ad is a lie. And now his campaign staff have been caught out lying about the lies in the lying ad.

Mrs Soptic did not lose her healthcare because her husband lost his job

'When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant, I lost my healthcare. And my family lost their healthcare,' Mr Soptic states in the video.

But that's not true, he admits.

At the time he lost his job, Mr Soptic was earning about $41,000 a year. Mrs Soptic also had a job working at a local thrift store that gave her health insurance, CNN reports.

She kept the job, and the health benefits, until she was forced to quit in 2003 after an injury.

Mrs Soptic died five years after the plant shut down

Here's how the ad plays the timeline: Mr Soptic describes losing his health insurance as a result of the plant closure.

'A short time after that, my wife became ill,' he says.

However, it was not until 2006 -- five years after the plant closed -- that this happened, Mr Soptic has admitted.

'I don’t know how long she was sick, and I think maybe she didn’t say anything because she knew that we couldn’t afford the insurance,' he says in the ad.

Read more: Deception revealed in Obama attack ad that blames Mitt Romney for woman's cancer death | Mail Online

Of course, having cancer would have qualified her for emergency Medicaid.

Dear idiot,

more Americans are now covered

In theory. Out here in realityland, COBRA is too expensive for the unemployed and many new hires are contract laborers with no coverage. Obama lied, AGAIN.

And when your COBRA runs out, and you try to get private insurance, you get turned down for pre-existing conditions. Happened to me and the wife last month.

You have my sincere sympathy since I have been there and done that. Until 2014 the only way you can get health insurance with pre-existing health problems is through an employers group policy. I know it is tough, but one of you will have to get a job where healthcare insurance is provided.

Last edited:
Dear idiot,

more Americans are now covered

In theory. Out here in realityland, COBRA is too expensive for the unemployed and many new hires are contract laborers with no coverage. Obama lied, AGAIN.

And when your COBRA runs out, and you try to get private insurance, you get turned down for pre-existing conditions. Happened to me and the wife last month.
Luckily starting in 2014 you won't be able to be turned down for pre-existing conditions.

If you can't wait, why not move to MA? I understand Mitt Romney set in place a very good healthcare system called Romneycare.

You have my sincere sympathy since I have been there and done that. Until 2014 the only way you can get health insurance with pre-existing health problems is through an employers group policy. I know it is tough, but one of you will have to get a job where health is provided.

What do you think I've been trying to do for almost 2 years now. Everywhere you go it's "sorry, we're looking for someone with experience" (and the unspoken "you're too old"). And the much better half can't work due to health issues.

But we're more fortunate than most because we do have sizable assets to fall back on.

Luckily starting in 2014 you won't be able to be turned down for pre-existing conditions.

If you can't wait, why not move to MA? I understand Mitt Romney set in place a very good healthcare system called Romneycare.

If Obamacare is so terrific, why did they kick the can down the road into 2014 before the benefits start up? Why didn't they want to help people as quickly as they could? What are they trying to hide until it's too late? :dunno:

Dear Truthmattersnot aka total idiot,

You said yourself, people lose their jobs thus their insurance every day. This happens even when Bain ISN'T involved.

Why are you supporting a lie, why is it OK with you for your side to lie and use a poor woman's death for political gain??

You should be ashamed, but when it comes to your Messiah, you have no shame.

If Obamacare is so terrific, why did they kick the can down the road into 2014 before the benefits start up? Why didn't they want to help people as quickly as they could? What are they trying to hide until it's too late? :dunno:
It's typical with new legislation to give a grace period to the companies that must abide by it.

I thought you were an American and knew this stuff. :lol:

It's typical with new legislation to give a grace period to the companies that must abide by it.

Yea sure, it's just a grace period..........with how many waivers??

Why is the grace period for the benefits longer than they are for this piece of the law?

Effective by January 1, 2013

Income from self-employment and wages of single individuals in excess of $200,000 annually will be subject to an additional tax of 0.9%. The threshold amount is $250,000 for a married couple filing jointly (threshold applies to joint compensation of the two spouses), or $125,000 for a married person filing separately.[76] In addition, an additional Medicare tax of 3.8% will apply to unearned income, specifically the lesser of net investment income or the amount by which adjusted gross income exceeds $200,000 ($250,000 for a married couple filing jointly; $125,000 for a married person filing separately.)[77]
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We can wait longer for the goodies but they can't wait for additional taxes?

Last edited:
This dead woman is not running for president.

Stop lying about her without proof

Well thanks for admitting that you think it is ok to Lie about someone with out proof, as long as they are running for President.

lol

What lie have I told or backed?

This one:

Joe Soptic stated:

"When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant, I lost my health care, and my family lost their health care." And a short time after that my wife became ill." “She went to the hospital for pneumonia,” the story states, “but doctors found signs of very advanced cancer, and she died two weeks later on June 22.”

I see two blatant lies in the very first two sentences. His family did not lose their health care when Bain closed the plant, and his wife continued working for either a year of two at a job where the family had health insurance and that is not exactly a "short time later." And the timeline Soptic uses implies that his wife died 22 days after he lost his job.

But in an interview with CNN, Soptic said that when he lost his job at GS Industries in 2001, his wife still had health insurance through her job as an employee at Savers, a local thrift store. He told CNN that she left her job in 2002 or 2003 because of an injury, and that she then became uninsured because she didn’t have a fall-back insurance option through his employer.

According to the Kansas City Star, Ranae Soptic, 55, died in 2006, five years after the GS Industries plant was closed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back