🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

“I’m not trying to say that they’re to blame for what happened. But if Chris had not been able to get hold of 13 guns it wouldn’t have happened.”
CNN just interviewed the father of the murderer of nine people at Umpqua Community College this week, and though he claims he is not blaming guns, he spent most of the interview doing that exact thing.

“That’s what guns are. The killers. It’s as simple as that. It’s black and white,” he says. Guns are the killers. Not his son.

Read more: Father of Oregon Killer Blames GUNS, Not Son, For Umpqua Massacre » The Right Scoop -

Just another reason to hate liberals. Don't you just fucking hate them?

You have to love how the loser claims guns are not to blame, and then that is all he does.

Double talking ignorant hypocrite.

Now, when the morons post on this thread about how much they want to ban guns, just ask them to give their plan and provide details. That, shuts them up every time.

Do you know why? Cause liberals are fucking morons. They are hypocrites. They are nothing but pawns for their communists, better known as their democrat politicians. They are all losers.

Remember, ask them to give their details when they cry for gun control. It will make you laugh at how fucking moronic they are.

If that's the logic this PASS THE BUCK jackass wants to use, then he should be blaming HIMSELF for raising a NUT CASE.

i realize the o/p is limited in his comprehension abilities, but the man did not blame guns. he simply pointed out that some people shouldn't get them.

i'm not quite sure why our radical right doesn't understand that and allows a gun marketing group to tell them what to think.

oh wait...
Why would dad, or mom - whoever is present in this kid's life, knowing he was mentally disturbed, allow him any guns?

He was 26.

Legally old enough to buy firearms by himself.

Didn't need mommy or daddys permission

Do you somehow believe that if firearms weren't available, the murders wouldn't have been committed?
Of course. The sick kid would have found some way to off himself (maybe) and those innocent people would be alive.

th
Not sure what you're saying.

This kid would have run around with a knife, killing all those people?

Seriously, what fucking world do you live in, that you think guns and knives and rocks are the only weapons in existence? This is 2015, moron, and we have the science to wreak horrific destruction in untold numbers of ways, if we so choose. He already had the truly deadly component: the will to do so.
Those are certainly some delightful personal insults and all, but I'm not sure of your point.

You appear to be trying to downplay these horrific suicide/slaughters by saying that other bad stuff happens, too.

Is that correct?
Why didn't all the progs blame PRESSURE COOKERS on the Boston bombing? They blamed the BOMBERS, not the bomb, so why is every time there's a shooting, they blame the GUN?

Explain the logic there... or lack thereof...

Do you somehow believe that if firearms weren't available, the murders wouldn't have been committed?
Of course. The sick kid would have found some way to off himself (maybe) and those innocent people would be alive.

th

Knife, ballbat. Molotov cocktail, machete, sword, pressure cooker filled with ball bearings.

What was going to stop him?

The unarmed guard?
I really, really doubt it, but that's your call.

After all the school slaughters we've seen with guns - when I see a kid commit mass murder with something other than a gun, I'll look at it.

Time for you to start taking a look, ignoramus:

Bath, Michigan School Massacre. 1927.Murder accomplished with explosives. 44 victims
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building bombing. 4/19/95. Murder accomplished with a rental truck full of fertilizer based explosives. 168 dead
September 11, 2001 attacks on NYC, PA, Pentagon. Murder accomplished with box cutters and commerical airliners. ~3,000 people dead
Arson, Stabbing Rampage in Seoul South Korea : 10/20/2008. 6 people dead, 5 from stabbing. 7 others wounded, 4 seriously
Anti-police stabbing spree in Shanghai, China: 7/2008. 6 Police Officers stabbed to death, 4 wounded
Akihabara Massacre, Chiyoda City, Tokyo, Japan: 6/8/2008. 7 people killed (3 struck by car, 4 by stabbing), many more injured
Daegu subway fire, Daegu, South Korea: 2/18/2003. 198 killed, 147 injured
Osaka School Massacre, Osaka Japan: 6/8/2001. 8 children dead, 13 other children and 2 teachers wounded

And I swear, don't even think of coming back with "But those aren't all schools".

i realize the o/p is limited in his comprehension abilities, but the man did not blame guns. he simply pointed out that some people shouldn't get them.

i'm not quite sure why our radical right doesn't understand that and allows a gun marketing group to tell them what to think.

oh wait...
Why would dad, or mom - whoever is present in this kid's life, knowing he was mentally disturbed, allow him any guns?

He was 26.

Thanks.
Really haven't followed the story much.

But, to defend my point, I was forty when my mom died and I still took her counsel.
Apparently this loser still lived with mommy.
Did she try to slow his roll in any way?

Knife, ballbat. Molotov cocktail, machete, sword, pressure cooker filled with ball bearings.

The unarmed guard?

After all the school slaughters we've seen with guns - when I see a kid commit mass murder with something other than a gun, I'll look at it.

Doubt all you want.

The kid (?) had issues, and he was going to do something.

so drugs and driving drunk and selling beer to underage kids should all be legal because some don't adhere to the law?

Call me when doing drugs and driving drunk is a Constitutional right.

And by the way, no one is suggesting that acting irresponsibly with guns is or should be legal, any more than doing so with alcohol and cars is. But the correct analogy, which whiffed right over your empty head, is that you don't ban alcohol and prescription drugs and cars from use by responsible people because some people abuse them.

The unarmed guard?

Doubt all you want.

The kid (?) had issues, and he was going to do something.

so drugs and driving drunk and selling beer to underage kids should all be legal because some don't adhere to the law?
Those things you mention are illegal, but they still happen. Does that inform you of anything regarding guns?

yes, that you still have to do your best to keep them out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them.

were you thinking that anything other than that would be rational?

Well, whenever you lefties would like to quit trying to ban guns and concentrate on the problem of the violent crazies out there - or even TALK about that problem in a serious way - maybe we can actually get something useful done.

Until then, we're stuck in this dance of you trying to turn us all into peons, and us fighting to retain our freedom.

oh wait...

He was 26.

Thanks.
Really haven't followed the story much.

But, to defend my point, I was forty when my mom died and I still took her counsel.
Did she try to slow his roll in any way?

I took my mom's counsel til she passed also, I was 64 when that happened.

I also did a lot of things she wouldn't approve of.

Did she try to slow his roll in any way

Haven't seen anything on that one way or the other

th

Seriously, what fucking world do you live in, that you think guns and knives and rocks are the only weapons in existence? This is 2015, moron, and we have the science to wreak horrific destruction in untold numbers of ways, if we so choose. He already had the truly deadly component: the will to do so.
Those are certainly some delightful personal insults and all, but I'm not sure of your point.

You appear to be trying to downplay these horrific suicide/slaughters by saying that other bad stuff happens, too.

Is that correct?
Why didn't all the progs blame PRESSURE COOKERS on the Boston bombing? They blamed the BOMBERS, not the bomb, so why is every time there's a shooting, they blame the GUN?

Explain the logic there... or lack thereof...
Well, in all fairness to the assholes on the left, they blamed.booooosh for that.

Nor hearing of anyone being refused a car because of a criminal record.

I know quite a few people that have had their drivers' licenses revoked for assorted crimes.

And had there been laws to prevent crazy people from getting guns a lot of those mass shootings never would have happened.

I am now convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt that the wingnut loonies know that they'd fail any sanity tests and shouldn't be allowed around firearms.

I know quite a few people that have had their drivers' licenses revoked for assorted crimes.

Need a drivers license to buy a car?

First I heard of that.

I've never been asked for my license when I bought a car.

You will when you get around to buying your first car from a real dealership instead of from a broke-ass relative.

Only place I've ever purchased a car was at a dealership.

Never had a background check done.

Never had to show my license.

Dealers don't give a rat's ass if you have a license, unless you're financing the car. At that point, the dealership and their finance company become very interested in whether or not you'll be driving THEIR car safely, until such time as you finish paying them.

But as far as I'm aware, they don't ever check backgrounds. Just license and credit history.

Now, when the morons post on this thread about how much they want to ban guns, just ask them to give their plan and provide details. That, shuts them up every time.

stop pandering to paranoia and reinstate the 1994 ban that bush let expire in 2004...

then give it time and don't ever let it expire again. :thup:

AR-15s were one of 18 semiautomatic weapons banned under a 1994 law that expired in 2004 despite broad public support and a drop in gun fatalities

Why Did The Assault Weapons Ban Expire - Business Insider

Both sides in the gun debate are selectively citing from a series of studies that concluded with a 2004 study led by Christopher S. Koper, “An Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban: Impacts on Gun Markets and Gun Violence, 1994-2003.” That report was the final of three studies of the ban, which was enacted in 1994 as part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.

The final report concluded the ban’s success in reducing crimes committed with banned guns was “mixed.” Gun crimes involving assault weapons declined. However, that decline was “offset throughout at least the late 1990s by steady or rising use of other guns equipped with [large-capacity magazines].”

Ultimately, the research concluded that it was “premature to make definitive assessments of the ban’s impact on gun crime,” largely because the law’s grandfathering of millions of pre-ban assault weapons and large-capacity magazines “ensured that the effects of the law would occur only gradually” and were “still unfolding” when the ban expired in 2004.

Did the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban Work?

So, if you were the kid's daddy, you would blame guns too...is that right?

I would ask how someone as clearly disturbed as this kid was was able to acquire not one, but FOURTEEN guns.

You guys really need to drop that "mentally distrubed" bullshit.

Its now getting applied to every evil fuck that goes on a rampage. That shit is becoming the NEW A.D.D. Kids went from having energy to "too much" energy and dose them up with calm down pills.

Stop it

On the same day Democratic lawmakers introduced the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013, one of the primary authors of the original 1994 ban said that reinstating it is about making the streets safer for law enforcement, who are currently “outgunned.”

Biden: 'Outgunned' Police Support Assault Weapons Ban - The National Memo

The wide-ranging discussion covered not just the gun safety proposals the administration has put forward, but mental health measures and countering the gun lobby. A question about the effectiveness of another assault weapons ban (Congress and the Bush administration allowed the first law to expire in 2004) offered Biden a chance to explain why he believes reinstating the ban is important.

“One of the reasons the assault weapons ban makes sense, even though it accounts for a small percentage of gun deaths, is because police organizations overwhelmingly support it because they are outgunned on the street by the bad guys and the proliferation of these weapons,” said Biden.

He said that the number of deadly assaults on police officers has risen since the ban was lifted, also explaining that an assault weapons ban “is not the answer to all the problems, but it is a rational limitation on what types of weapons can be owned,” going back to a previous point he made about the 2008 Supreme Court decision that upheld the individual right to bear arms, but also ruled that the “Constitution put reasonable limitations on who can own and what kind of arms can be owned.”

the left went and found themselves another tool to use on us. how charming. Remember the Mother Sheehan?

He should be talking about what a horrible father he was that he didn't see his kid getting ready to SLAUGHTER people on a school campus.

th

Is that correct?

Well, thanks for your efforts in convincing us all that you're a fool who doesn't understand plain English, but really, it's kind of redundant at this point.

I'm saying that it's the will to kill others that matters, not the tool used. No amount of gun control will fix that. Any solution to the problem has to focus on the REAL problem.

Now, if you STILL haven't figured out the point that everyone else got the first time, let me know and I'll break out the Crayolas and maybe hand out juice boxes like other kindergartners get, Brain Trust.

the left went and found themselves another tool to use on us. how charming. Remember the Mother Sheehan?

He should be talking about what a horrible father he was that he didn't see his kid getting ready to SLAUGHTER people on a school campus.

True. I dragged my daughter to a psychologist because she said she was feeling depressed (she's pregnant, and can't take her normal anti-depressant meds). I can't even imagine letting one of my kids get this far gone without getting them help.

Forum List

Back