February Wal Mart sales total disaster...

I'm just wondering how many people are like me. I used to love WalMart. But when I heard they were backing Obama I'm not going to shop there.

Gramps is spinning in his grave.

No boycott. No hullabaloo. And they just opened up a store close to me. Well sort of close; nothing is really close to me.

What business has walmart destroyed?

How much lower are Walmart wages as compared to Kmart or Target?

This is bad news for the country but I see that the left has no problem not seeing it and reveling in the fact that the poor, who frequent Walmart because of price, is obviously doing badly. Sad what the left really thinks of people.

So you would prefer that the government borrow the payroll tax difference out of the general fund and continue to keep the payroll tax cut in place?

I'd prefer that Government cuts start with it's own payroll. :)

The subject is the payroll tax. Why did you dodge the question?

So you would prefer that the government borrow the payroll tax difference out of the general fund and continue to keep the payroll tax cut in place?

Government has been shrinking for 2 1/2 years.

gdp_q4_components.jpg

Maybe all those jobs lost due to government cutbacks are affecting Walmart.

May I make the observation that this chart is not a measure of cutbacks in work force it is a measure of growth. What it shows is that for 3 1/2 years there has been little growth, private or public.

Yes, I do. The people who are working pay the newly reinstated Social Security taxes and the people on Social Security get paid without paying anything in - they already spent their whole working lives paying for someone elses benifits. I thought the sarchasm was dripping fast enough that a reasonable person could see it.

nice try at a save.

do you think the US is a democracy?

gdp_q4_components.jpg

May I make the observation that this chart is not a measure of cutbacks in work force it is a measure of growth. What it shows is that for 3 1/2 years there has been little growth, private or public.

May I point out that if you were not one of the most stupid fucks to ever contribute to the steaming heap of the right wing retardation on this forum you would know that negative GDP growth represents contraction.

jeezus.

no links provided by either of the above two rw posts. :thup: Interesting :eusa_think: as well as a debateFAIL :lol:

how's this?
Greeter/Floor Sales Representative
Target: $6.77 - $12.06
Walmart: $6.98 - $12.18 per hour

Cashier
Target: $7.38 - $10.27 per hour
Walmart: $7.30 - $10.40 per hour

Customer Service Sales Associate
Target: $7.34 - $16.76 per hour
Walmart: $7.79 - $12.75 per hour

Laborer, Freight, Stock, Material Mover
Target: $6.93 - $14.08 per hour
Walmart: $7.35 - $14.90 per hour

As for time off, Target starts out by offering slightly more vacation for workers with less than a year’s tenure. Those with one year of experience at the store typically get a week off with pay. At Walmart, it’s the same.

The biggest disparity between Walmart and Target are in employee bonuses. Walmart is much more generous for some positions, offering its assistant store managers $2,948 as opposed to Target’s $2,457. Store managers at Walmart get a whopping $9,958, nearly double Target’s $4,880 for the same job.

There’s one other discrepancy to note. More than half of Target employees, 51 percent, report that they are overachievers. Walmart, on the other hand, had only 44 percent declare themselves highly motivated, dedicated workers.

(from payscale.com/research)

no links provided by either of the above two rw posts. :thup: Interesting :eusa_think: as well as a debateFAIL :lol:

how's this?

Cashier

As for time off, Target starts out by offering slightly more vacation for workers with less than a year’s tenure. Those with one year of experience at the store typically get a week off with pay. At Walmart, it’s the same.

The biggest disparity between Walmart and Target are in employee bonuses. Walmart is much more generous for some positions, offering its assistant store managers $2,948 as opposed to Target’s $2,457. Store managers at Walmart get a whopping $9,958, nearly double Target’s $4,880 for the same job.

There’s one other discrepancy to note. More than half of Target employees, 51 percent, report that they are overachievers. Walmart, on the other hand, had only 44 percent declare themselves highly motivated, dedicated workers.

Thanks, I tried to find this information but it is just as I assumed. So what is it about Walmart that makes SOME of the left wing hate them so?

gdp_q4_components.jpg

May I point out that if you were not one of the most stupid fucks to ever contribute to the steaming heap of the right wing retardation on this forum you would know that negative GDP growth represents contraction.

jeezus.

I realize to be an Obama apologist one first must resort to non-sequitur argument, then complete illogical, and then insult. So I got it you are a dumb fuk Obama supporter you need not supply further proof.

So does this mean Obama's payroll tax cut was a boost to the economy?

Now that payroll taxes have returned to what they were before Obama gave us all a two year tax cut, it will take people time to adjust to normal. They have become spoiled with not paying for their government entitlement programs.

If we eliminated most if not all of the entitlement programs we would not be spoiled.

jeezus.

I realize to be an Obama apologist one first must resort to non-sequitur argument, then complete illogical, and then insult. So I got it you are a dumb fuk Obama supporter you need not supply further proof.

If you want to prove your claim that negative GDP growth does not represent contraction, then do so.

how's this?

Cashier

Thanks, I tried to find this information but it is just as I assumed. So what is it about Walmart that makes SOME of the left wing hate them so?

in another thread someone mentioned the fact you can tie back to the actual owners of Walmart, where as the others are not so easily done. I believe I found Target is owned by the Vanguard Group.
And, in my opinion, the owners are known for supporting conservative causes and have been successful in keeping the unions out.

how's this?

Cashier

Why are you joining in on the hijack of the thread?

jeezus.

If you want to prove your claim that negative GDP growth does not represent contraction, then do so.

First of all, do you understand the definition of recession? The technical indicator of a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth as measured by a country's gross domestic product (GDP);

Read more: Recession Definition | Investopedia

Using that definition then the recession ended in 2009. Growth has been weak, as predicted because of Obama's policies, but it has been positive for the last 3 years. So what in the hell you are talking about with negative GDP is apparently your misinterpreting your own provided chart.

Carefully read he heading at the top of the chart. It says this chart is the COMPONET or part of the GDP associated with private and public employment.

So let me explain why this chart does not speak to actual employment, which is what I said. You are at an Obama indoctrination meeting and they have 10 cookies on the table sitting next to the kool aid, two of which are peanut butter. They bring out 10 more cookies and none of them are peanut butter. So while there are still the same amount of peanut butter cookies the percentage dropped. Which is what your chart could be showing.

Last edited:
I don't shop there. That place destroys American business' & lowers wages to the lowest common denominator.

So where exactly do you shop? Target?
Same shit different store. And there is no such thing as a mom and pop store like it.
So do you drive around to five different stores burning gas and polluting the environment?

how's this?

Cashier

in another thread someone mentioned the fact you can tie back to the actual owners of Walmart, where as the others are not so easily done. I believe I found Target is owned by the Vanguard Group.
And, in my opinion, the owners are known for supporting conservative causes and have been successful in keeping the unions out.

You are correct, the majority share holder is Vanguard:

Shareholders Major TGT Target Corp including Fund and Institutional

As for whom they support, you are incorrect, they supported democrats:

Vanguard Endorses Obama, Democrats

Of course they did, Obama made them a whole pile of money, at our expense.

how's this?

Cashier

so you want to discuss an internal email that may or may not be correct, seeing as it did not come from the CFO? Walmart will not release their February numbers until some time in March, then we can discuss whether it has anything to do with supply problems, changes in policy, slow refund checks, return to higher ss taxes,etc. We also have no idea as to how other giants such as Target are doing as there is no 'leaked' email. Maybe we should be discussing who there is trying to backstab its employer by 'leaking' such an internal email until then.
Basically this is much to do about nothing until then.

Oh, and one last thing - you are the one making the charge in this thread against them re wages, not us, thus why you were put in your place with some facts, rather than gibberish.

Last edited:

I should have separated my two statements. I was referring to Walmart re the conservative causes and keeping unions out.

so you want to discuss an internal email that may or may not be correct, seeing as it did not come from the CFO? Walmart will not release their February numbers until some time in March, then we can discuss whether it has anything to do with supply problems, changes in policy, slow refund checks, return to higher ss taxes,etc. We also have no idea as to how other giants such as Target are doing as there is no 'leaked' email. Maybe we should be discussing who there is trying to backstab its employer by 'leaking' such an internal email until then.
Basically this is much to do about nothing until then.

Oh, and one last thing - you are the one making the charge in this thread against them re wages, not us, thus why you were put in your place with some facts, rather than gibberish.

:clap2:

Nice response, can't rep you but maybe NYC will share some of his cookies with you, don't drink the kool-aid. :eusa_whistle:

I should have separated my two statements. I was referring to Walmart re the conservative causes and keeping unions out.

My belief is that companies this big support both sides. But the heir to Walmart supports Obama and I found this: Walmart Cuts Funds to Conservative Group, Cash Flow to GOP Continues

All the posts here deny the fact that if we were to completely eliminate SS and medicare and all entitlements, the economy would still not recover. Raising taxes isnt going to make the economy recover. Reducing spending by 10 trillion wouldnt spur the economy right away. It might a few years down the road. Would we see results immediately? I'd stake my life on it that nothing would change. Companies would NOT, repeat NOT hire more if there were ZERO corporate taxes. And finally China is a terrible awful model of a good economy.

Forum List

Back