Feds start fight with American Patriots in Oregon

With shots fired, I'd say that's quite likely. You try and kill law enforcement officers conducting a lawful probable cause arrest.......daylight isn't something you're likely to worry about for a very long time.

What is wrong with these people....seriously...
Watch the video on previous page and it answers many questions. Simply put.Sick and Tired of being ignored by the government that's grown completely too big for its pants.

i think you should go stamp your feet some more.

the government listens when you vote and others agree. the government DOESN'T listen to people with extremist views that don't reflect the mainstream. why would it?

if you have a problem with that, you should probably go live someplace where people think more like you do. maybe russia?
Tell me again the story of our founding fathers VOTING our independence from England...

Tell us again about how the founders treated Shays again? If your argument had merit, they must have embraced him as a fellow revolutionary, right?

Or did they stomp on his neck with both feet, with Washington personally leading the army that put his insurrection down?

Which was it again?

can you imagine if those were black people pointing guns at federal officers? the little loser would be in meltdown.

loons.

Let's not engage in fairy tales. Black people don't point guns at federal officers. Black people are shot dead if they approach within 15 meters of a firearm that is in visible range of a law enforcement officer.

Yeah right..... The witness Victoria is part of the group. What kind of credibility is that? 100 shots? then we should see more dead bodies instead of just one.
I think you are in the twilight zone. Come back down so you will have some common sense.
Then believe the same feds that shot a 14 year old in the back,a mother in the face unarmed,torched people to death at Waco. I DO NOT CARE.

Patriots chose the wrong hill to defend. Be patient grasshoppers, as there will be many, many more hills to defend, soon.
Fucking bullshit. Try taking any more hills and you will get your asses handed to you. You silly assholes are not going to get anything but long terms in the federal pen.

Some of these hard right members who are caricatures of the Sagebrush Rebellion seem quite willing to keep on violating the law. Their way is a non-constructive way to settle the problem of federal lands coveted by the states and businesses.

If people don't figure out how to put themselves in the shoes of these folks then it will happen again if only to become martyrs.

What shoes? Are they the victims of government tyranny? What are their grievances? why can't they petition their elected officials and seek the changes they desire through our established political and legal processes? I have grievances too, but I'm not inclined to engage in an armed protest against the government. I'm not inclined to support others who use threats of armed violence as a means to get what they want. That's terrorism.

They feel they are victims of government tyranny.
Imbalance of Federal Land Ownership Sheds Light on Oregon Militia | Big Think
Armed men, led by Bundy brothers, take over federal building in rural Oregon

I am not asking you to support what they are saying. I'm simply stating that choosing to ignore it is simply going to amplify it.
No one is ignoring it. The protesters are pissed they are not getting their way. Tough.

Two guys do time and are released. Judge says, "Whoops! Bring them boys back in." and you cannot fathom how screwed over they feel?

You thinking they should trust the system?
Yes, and if I were living in Burns, I would have joined in the protest over that. But this is no longer about the Hammond's. It is about the militia that has taken over a Federal Property, devoted to preserving the unique wildlife of that area. A Federal Property that has existed as a Wildlife Refuge for over 100 years.

The screwball Bundy's just effectively ruined any chances the Hammond's had for a commuted sentence.

If people don't figure out how to put themselves in the shoes of these folks then it will happen again if only to become martyrs.

What shoes? Are they the victims of government tyranny? What are their grievances? why can't they petition their elected officials and seek the changes they desire through our established political and legal processes? I have grievances too, but I'm not inclined to engage in an armed protest against the government. I'm not inclined to support others who use threats of armed violence as a means to get what they want. That's terrorism.

They feel they are victims of government tyranny.
Imbalance of Federal Land Ownership Sheds Light on Oregon Militia | Big Think

I am not asking you to support what they are saying. I'm simply stating that choosing to ignore it is simply going to amplify it.
No one is ignoring it. The protesters are pissed they are not getting their way. Tough.

Two guys do time and are released. Judge says, "Whoops! Bring them boys back in." and you cannot fathom how screwed over they feel?

You thinking they should trust the system?
Yes, and if I were living in Burns, I would have joined in the protest over that. But this is no longer about the Hammond's. It is about the militia that has taken over a Federal Property, devoted to preserving the unique wildlife of that area. A Federal Property that has existed as a Wildlife Refuge for over 100 years.

The screwball Bundy's just effectively ruined any chances the Hammond's had for a commuted sentence.

and you're still dissecting it from what we see. Cut that out. It's not how you, me or a good half dozen posting approach it. Between the time that this one dies down in the news cycle and the next escapade there will be far more added in and used for justification.

There was never any intention to commute those sentences. The Hammonds were to be made an example of. That was made loud and clear.

Last edited:
The Hammonds were to be made an example of. That was made loud and clear.
The Hammonds committed offenses that calls for a minimum mandatory sentence of five years. The Judge who sentenced went below that minimum mandatory. The prosecutors then appealed the sentence pointing out that 5 years was the minimum mandatory for the crimes they had committed. The prosecutors prevailed on appeal of the sentence.....they were not made an example ...

The Hammonds were to be made an example of. That was made loud and clear.
The Hammonds committed offenses that calls for a minimum mandatory sentence of five years. The Judge who sentenced went below that minimum mandatory. The prosecutors then appealed the sentence pointing out that 5 years was the minimum mandatory for the crimes they had committed. The prosecutors prevailed on appeal of the sentence.....they were not made an example ...
We all know the devastating effects that are caused by wildfires. Fires intentionally and illegally set on public lands, even those in a remote area, threaten property and residents and endanger firefighters called to battle the blaze” stated Acting U.S. Attorney Billy Williams,in a statement issued after the Hammonds were sentenced. “Congress sought to ensure that anyone who maliciously damages United States’ property by fire will serve at least 5 years in prison. These sentences are intended to be long enough to deter those like the Hammonds who disregard the law and place fire fighters and others in jeopardy.”

Feds didn't start anything. It was already started. By those idiots.
Them boots taste good as you lick them?

I chew them to nubbins.

Tell me more about how the Feds occupied this place and refused to leave even when the town asked them too.
Not federal governments right to own the land,its the people's ANY citizen can occupy it.
Why is it that none of you stupid fuckers seems to understand how BLM land is used? It is multiple use for everyone: hunting, fishing, logging, mining, off road four wheeling, camping, grazing cattle and a lot more. It should be obvious to almost anyone that a government agency is needed to manage and protect this resource for future generations to use.

Forum List

Back