First, Let's Piss Off The Police

I never said it was rampant

We didn’t have Black Lives Matter because all cops are bad
We had BLM because bad cops were being covered for

No, it was a bunch of uneducated morons that formed the group after the Travon Martin shooting. Like today, they don't know the law, only what they'd like the law to be. George Zimmerman (the shooter) used deadly force in accordance to Florida law. He was violently attacked by that animal and suffered multiple injuries before using deadly force. He had every right to believe he was in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death as the law requires. He was falsely arrested due to public pressure by the blacks. He was falsely charged with murder when he was defending himself.

Cops who confiscate when there is not obvious evidence of excessive corruption on the part of the accused, is himself corrupt. Law giving discretion does not mean they have to use the extreme interpretation all the time.
But I agree much of the problem is we are recruiting police mostly from veterans, who have been taught entirely different and wrong rules of engagement. We should likely have half as many police, but with much higher standards and pay.
Since cops can face lethal force every day, it is not strange that vets are a 'fit' for law enforcement. With scant funding, hiring vets is the easiest demographic from which to acquire more police officers. If we really want an educated police force that know the law, are competent in emergent situations, are compassionate and have meticulous knowledge of the law, the U.S. Constitution, their State's constitution and all the laws, we need to 're-fund' law enforcement, not 'de-fund' it.

as long as its a legal stop,,

what about if youre stopped while walking down the street and they demand to see your ID and want to search you?? do you just bend over and let them or do you stand up for your rights??

Yes you do. A police officer has the right to stop and search you if he has a warrant or reasonable suspicion. If you file a complaint with the department the officer would have to explain the reason for his actions. If his reason for stopping and searching you were bogus, you can sue the city for the stop as he violated your constitutional rights. If he has a warrant or valid reason for suspicion and you fight with him, you're going to jail.

I was right,,

sorry but you stand up for your rights at all times otherwise youre just another useful idiot licking the boot of your servants,,

No, you're not a boot licker by obeying the law or listening to orders. There is a time and a place for everything, and unless you're an attorney, you don't do that with the officer, you stand up for your rights with his superiors.

Since cops can face lethal force every day, it is not strange that vets are a 'fit' for law enforcement. With scant funding, hiring vets is the easiest demographic from which to acquire more police officers. If we really want an educated police force that know the law, are competent in emergent situations, are compassionate and have meticulous knowledge of the law, the U.S. Constitution, their State's constitution and all the laws, we need to 're-fund' law enforcement, not 'de-fund' it.

What's forgotten about vets is the military taught them to take orders from their superiors. It's less likely they would act out of line with the law than your standard citizen.

Yes you do. A police officer has the right to stop and search you if he has a warrant or reasonable suspicion. If you file a complaint with the department the officer would have to explain the reason for his actions. If his reason for stopping and searching you were bogus, you can sue the city for the stop as he violated your constitutional rights. If he has a warrant or valid reason for suspicion and you fight with him, you're going to jail.
what if he doesnt have a warrant or RAS??

why is it you keep changeing or adding in key words to change the context??

No, you're not a boot licker by obeying the law or listening to orders. There is a time and a place for everything, and unless you're an attorney, you don't do that with the officer, you stand up for your rights with his superiors.
and you say youre not a leftist,, youre as crazy as right winger with that comment,,

What's forgotten about vets is the military taught them to take orders from their superiors. It's less likely they would act out of line with the law than your standard citizen.
Still, IMO vetting should be better. The military has become 'woke' of late.

I never said it was rampant

We didn’t have Black Lives Matter because all cops are bad
We had BLM because bad cops were being covered for
Comprehension is not your strong suit eh? I never said you said that, only that you spoke in terms like it is....Just like you do here. You make no distinction between the "good" police, and the "bad" police...Therefore, you are lumping them all together....Now you want to play word games...

Look, Are there some people in police uniform today that probably shouldn't be police?? Sure....Are there shortcomings in departments in terms of weeding out these people? Yes...

Now, are the vast majority of police doing what they do to help their communities, and keep them safe from crime? Absolutely...Do we need to look into increasing department budgets so that they can attract, hire, and train good prospects for the future? Absolutely....

Now, tell me how you would achieve this in an environment of 'defund' that we have today?

Comprehension is not your strong suit eh? I never said you said that, only that you spoke in terms like it is....Just like you do here. You make no distinction between the "good" police, and the "bad" police...Therefore, you are lumping them all together....Now you want to play word games...

Look, Are there some people in police uniform today that probably shouldn't be police?? Sure....Are there shortcomings in departments in terms of weeding out these people? Yes...

Now, are the vast majority of police doing what they do to help their communities, and keep them safe from crime? Absolutely...Do we need to look into increasing department budgets so that they can attract, hire, and train good prospects for the future? Absolutely....

Now, tell me how you would achieve this in an environment of 'defund' that we have today?
I don’t see any serious effort to defund police.
What I am seeing is more visibility into police investigations of their own. I am also seeing less tolerance for Police protecting their own and less tendency to overlook misconduct

We have BLM to thank for that

More importantly, he gets off because you acted like an ass and are now guilty.

Still, IMO vetting should be better. The military has become 'woke' of late.

It's difficult to have stringent vetting when nobody wants those jobs any longer thanks to the left. Right now they are taking anybody willing to do the job.

When my friends son was applying to be a state trooper years ago, they came to his house unannounced. They wanted to interview his parents. When they left, they interviewed his neighbors. They called his high school to discuss the application with some of his former teachers. This is in addition to their normal psychological evaluation.

It's impossible to tell who is going to be a good cop or bad cop, but they do what they can to find clues.

The thread is about Police conduct

That woman cop shooting a black man in his own apartment was just another example of police trying to get out of misconduct
The woman was not on the job. We are talking about police who are on the job. Is your argument so poor that you can't get off one case?

I don’t see any serious effort to defund police.
What I am seeing is more visibility into police investigations of their own. I am also seeing less tolerance for Police protecting their own and less tendency to overlook misconduct

We have BLM to thank for that
Turn off CNN you’re not getting accurate infotmation.

Forum List

Back